Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3

Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 61% while driving a Honda Accord (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 6,000 average miles
Good choice. One of the best winter tyre.
23 - tyre reviewed on April 18, 2014
Given 96% while driving a Subaru BRZ (215/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 300 average miles
I went to a short skiing holiday and drove my new car with anew set of winter tyres over the weekend
Rain on motorway, black ice uphil and a mixture of snow and ice towards the hotel at the top of the mountain (- 9 C). And driving at night on a previously unknown icy mountain road was something I would love to anticipate but withsthe family on board, that was not the case at all.
Driving a real wheel drive car in those conditions always merits extra care. I was carefjl and I felt safe at all times. Car behaved greatly as I thought Subaru would and this is due to the Michelins as well.
Great tyres, tested and prover.
3 - tyre reviewed on February 3, 2013
Given 89% while driving a BMW 320D (225/45 R17 H) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
I Purchased a set of these & a set of 17" replica alloys in the Winter of 2009 when it became clear just how bad RWD and Summer tyres were with even just a light dusting of snow.
Excellent wet weather grip & handling, good in the dry. Comfort is light years ahead of the OEM Bridgestones.
The Winter of 2010 was about as hard as I'm ever likely to push them and they never let me down.

The only negative thing I can say about them is traction in deeper snow maybe isn't quite as good as some of their competitors - there was always a little more wheelspin than you'd expect but maybe that's being hyper critical .

However when driving in tricky conditions there was bags of cornering and braking grip available.

After two hard Winters all 4 tyres have 7mm tread remaining (10.5mm when new) which I think is impressive. I'll probably run these for one more Winter then switch to the new Alpin A4 or perhaps the Dunlop 4D.

Overall a great tyre for UK Winters. They excel in cold damp conditions and are easily capable of handling the exceptional amounts of snow we saw in 2010.

0 - tyre reviewed on October 13, 2011
Given 92% while driving a SEAT Leon SE Ecomotive 1.6 (205/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 16 average miles
I've just put these back on my Leon for their second winter season. They are wonderful winter tyres: quiet, comfortable and have excellent stopping power on cold mornings. They feel safer than my summer tyres (Pirelli P7 and previously Pirelli Pzero Nero) when it's cold and damp - i.e. most of winter in the UK - and they work well in snow too: I've driven home over hilly country lanes with about 3-4 inches of fresh snow on top of compacted snow/ice with only a few flashes of the TCS/ESP light. With my previous (summer) tyres, I had to resort to snow chains in similar circumstances or I'd have to abandon the car at the bottom of the steep hill.
The PA3s are slightly noisier than the Pirelli P7s, but much quieter than Pirelli P-Zero Neros - I think they're quiet for a winter tyre. They do tend to 'sing' when driving through standing water at high speed though. If you are nervous about driving during blizzards or other bad winter weather, I highly recommend these tyres. On dual carriageways, you can confidently drive on the slushy lane that everyone else is avoiding. They are quite stable during cornering - not excessively 'squishy' - but they don't match a good summer tyre on warmer days, of course.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 19, 2010