Vredestein Wintrac 4 Extreme

Vredestein Wintrac 4 Extreme Reviews (newest first) - Page 4

Given 91% while driving a Volvo XC90 D5 185 HP (250/50 R19) on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
Great tyres,I ripped the original p zeros apart, on the potholed roads. They had only done 6000 miles.
The wintracs are far superior in every respect except hot weather hi speed motoring.
They are quieter, more comfortable, do not track all over the road like the p zero's and are unbelievable in the snow.
Oh, and they are 1/2 price too!!
0 - tyre reviewed on November 26, 2010
Given 90% while driving a Volkswagen Touareg (255/55 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Tyres are on my 08 Touareg SE 3.0 V6. Exceptional is the word. Tyres are quiet and summer like in the dry, not particularly affecting noise levels or fuel economy at all (perhaps slightly in town traffic). When wet or snowing tyres respond brilliantly. I live in Aberdeenshire - this very morning it snowed and iced up overnight, car handled great with other 4x4's losing traction (which I'm sure mine would have if I'd kept my summer Conti's on!). They are pricey at about ?600 fitted but considering their longevity (wear wise) and the fact that they are not too far behind Michelin for quality, I think all round they're a good option and investment (particularly if you live in an area where road snow is frequent or expected).
0 - tyre reviewed on November 25, 2010
Given 93% while driving a Nissan Pathfinder (225/45 R17) on track for 25,000 easy going miles
These have never let me down. I live several miles off a main road, all single track never gritted these tyres worked all last winter now being replaced by a second set.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 16, 2010
Given 87% while driving a Saab Automobile 9 3 Aero 2.8T V6 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
I bought these in the nick of time in December 09 and they were brilliant in snow on my Saab Aero. Very sure footed and coped extremely well under power and braking. I will be buying these again.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 6, 2010
Given 100% while driving a Subaru 2006 2.5 xten (225/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
unreal, fantastic such a difference to the geolanders, and the others i have had, its a different car, to drive completely!!!!
Amazing difference!
0 - tyre reviewed on February 28, 2010
Given 76% while driving a Land Rover Freelander 2 (235/60 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 28,000 spirited miles
It is important when considering a winter tyre that is expensive in comparison to a summer tyre that if you want to use it all year round it will do the job whatever you throw at it. Having looked at supposedly all weather tyres; I noteed various reports that basically said that if you are going to drive any distance in snow, dont bother fitting AW tyres. I then looked at what was available and the Veredesein fitted the criteria at a reasonable price and specification. Having now run two sets of these excellent tyres through heavy snow in Norway as well as running through hot summers in France and Italy - I can say that they have performed extremely effectively and have just ordered a new set for this years winter trip to Norway / Sweden where although I will carry snow chains I have yet had to fit them as the tyres are so good.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 24, 2009
Given 83% while driving a Audi A6 (210/60 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 12,000 average miles
Fitted on Audi A6 Allroad Quattro (with Autohome roof tent). Used in the Alps in 10 inches of snow (max), steep icy/snowy slopes, uphill and downhill at speeds up to 40/50mph. Previously owned Michelin Pilot Alpine II on A4 Avant (non-Quattro). Comparison is very positive with extraordinary grip in deep snow and what may be difficult conditions without the Quattro/vredestein combination. Braking distance in snow was tight and always in control (ABS). Sharp starts are blistering as no slipping felt. Mornal / summer motroway driving / noise is very good for snow tyres.

One drawback is wear: on this vehicle, it appears that the Xtrem4 do wear out on normal UK roads quite quickly. Hammerblow is relative pricing to Michelin's. Michelin's simply do not last twice not justifying the double price tag. Counter-intuitively, added advantage is that replacement is more regular that on the Michelin's - which keeps the rubber softness issue on your side. Overall, excellent tyre for alpine use and confident in normal roads...
0 - tyre reviewed on August 17, 2009
Given 79% while driving a BMW E46 3 Series (225/45 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 2,500 spirited miles
Amazing, I was forced to buy winter tyres for a holiday to the Alps, before I understood the benefits. Before I could go we suddenly had good snow in the UK which caught me off guard before I could take back a car trailer I had rented. The car and trailer wouldn't mve with summer tyres on. I put on the winters and it was like driving on loose gravel at worse - amazing.

Drove 2500 miles around central Europe and Alps. Was concerned about Autobahn performance at high speeds but they were fine. I increased pressures by 5 psi over standard and they acted just like summer tyres at speeds up to about 150 mph.

Not only do they give excellent traction in snow and ice they also give good stability and braking. I had no problems on a closed Alpine pass back from Italy to Austria which had been subject to recenty snow fall of about 200mm over refrozen melted snow, I even managed to pass the European speced version of my car with allwheel drive (330xd) with worn Michelins.

If there is any doubt, get these tyres. I searched for weeks for best price/performance and these came out top.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 8, 2009
Given 84% while driving a Ford Galaxy (215/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 2,500 average miles
When used in real snowy winter conditions in the French Alps they feel really stable and secure even on icy surfaces - much better than the previous Michelin UK summer tyres. Did not need to use snow chains atall (others did!). Slight loss of economy, but that might be that the Mich's were low rolling resistant? - THOROUGHLY RECOMMEND THEM, and considering having as standard fit on all our vehicles, they're that good!
0 - tyre reviewed on February 3, 2009
Given 86% while driving a Volvo XC90 D5 (163bhp) (265/60 R18 H) on mostly country roads for 500 average miles
I bought the Vreds because I'm due to drive down to the Alps with 6 people, and didn't want snow chains on the Pirelli's. I'm extremly impressed, especially now they have been tested in the recent snow in SE England. Made 2 Discoveries and a van look on with envy as I drove past their attempts to climb a steep icy incline. No real noise difference to the Pirelli's.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 3, 2009