Michelin Defender

The Michelin Defender is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 4 tyre reviews averaging 83% over 80,060 miles driven.

The Defender is ranked 28th of 127 Summer Premium Touring tyres.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Michelin Defender
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Michelin Defender
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Michelin Defender. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Have you driven on the Michelin Defender tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Michelin Defender? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Michelin Defender >

Latest Michelin Defender Reviews

Given 80% while driving a Volkswagen e Golf (205/55 R16) on mostly motorways for 30,000 spirited miles
squealing on dry pavement at takeoff. grips good on dry and wet pavement
0 - tyre reviewed on October 23, 2021
Given 70% while driving a Ford Focus (/60 R15) on mostly country roads for 45,000 spirited miles
This is my second set of defender T+H in 195/60R15. They have been on the car 3.5 years And have about 45,000 miles on them. They are quiet on most road surfaces, and provide good comfort and feedback. The handling on them is pretty good too, until pushed hard. The wear rate is average compared to other tires. My biggest setback with these tires is aqua planing. I live in the the high desert mountains, where it doesn’t rain much, but when it does, it pours. These tires are scary in the rain and I have had several loss of traction and under steer moments in heavy downpours. They are even worse in slush. If you drive careful in snow they work ok. Because of the terrible wet weather performance, I am looking for a new tire in my size come next spring. Too bad the cross climate 2 doesn’t come this small!
0 - tyre reviewed on August 12, 2021
Given 87% while driving a Toyota Corolla (195/65 R15) on a combination of roads for 60 spirited miles
Great long wearing tire.....not loud....very good road feel...easy to drive fast.... Good packed on snow, but not up for worse New England snows after second year, course I doubt any 4 season is. Finally had to replace because of cracking ( over 7 years).
6 - tyre reviewed on April 29, 2019
Given 93% while driving a Dodge Journey (225/65 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Very good tires, comfortable ride.
33 - tyre reviewed on May 3, 2013