Michelin CrossClimate 2

The Michelin CrossClimate 2 is a Premium Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre replaced the Michelin CrossClimate Plus.

Tyre review data from 20 tyre reviews averaging 84% over 88,300 miles driven.

The CrossClimate 2 is ranked 10th of 42 All Season Premium Touring tyres.

Reports

Michelin CrossClimate 2 VS Michelin CrossClimate+ - 1st of 2 tyres

• Overall - The Michelin CrossClimate 2 is a worthy upgrade on the original CrossClimate+. It improves the outgoing tyres grip in nearly all conditions, it makes a significant step forward in the snow, and has significantly lower rolling resistance.

All in all, the CrossClimate 2 is a very impressive all season tyre.

2021 All Season Tyre Market Overview - 1st of 34 tyres

2021 Tyre Reviews All Season Tyre Test - 1st of 11 tyres

• Positive - Clear leader in the dry, good wet handling, shortest wet braking at warmer temperatures, best aquaplaning resistance in both tests, one of the best tyres overall in the snow, low levels of noise, low rolling resistance.
  • Negative - Average wet braking at cooler temperatures, expensive.
  • Overall - The new Michelin CrossClimate 2 had a near flawless test, with the only weakness coming in the wet at cooler temperatures where it couldn't quite match the best. It was the most summer-like tyre in the dry, led both deep water tests, was one of the best in the snow, and had low noise and low rolling resistance. A really impressive performance from the new tyre, and a worthy upgrade to the CrossClimate+.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Michelin CrossClimate 2

Questions and Answers for the Michelin CrossClimate 2

2021-10-14 - Does the New CrossClimate 2 have a Run Flat option?

There is currently only one runflat size of the CC2, 225/45 R18. You can see all the sizes available here.

2021-09-20 - How would these do on the track? Would it be possible to have these on year round PLUS use them on the racetrack for some fun driving (not trying to get the best lap times, just driving for fun).

For an all season tyre, they would perform well, but like all tyres of this category you will notice poor heat resistance and high wear when hot, so I cannot recommend driving any all season tyre on track.

2021-09-23 - How does the CrosscClimate 2 compare to a summer tyre like Bridgestone Turanza T005 or the Goodyear EfficientGrip 2 when it comes to Rolling resistance ?

Our all season tyre test has data covering this.

CrossClimate 2 Prices

YouTube Review

Top 3 Michelin CrossClimate 2 Reviews

Given 81% while driving a Infiniti 2004 G35 (235/50 R18) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Car = 2014 Infiniti Q60 AWD (aka G37 Coupe / CV36 Skyline - RWD bias ATTESA AWD) Overall, pleased with the tire as I wanted a comfortable tire with long tread life and a true "All-Season" tire for the winter months as I have not yet purchased a set of dedicated summer wheels/tires yet. Coming from previous Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ which lasted around 52k of 45k mile rating with sometimes spirited driving, so have no reason to doubt Michelin's tread ware claims, at least on my vehicle. Handling in the dry, the AS3+ was better when taking curves/turns and activated the VDC/TCS less often, handling in the wet appears to be similar. Snow and ice grip, of course, are markedly better on the CrossClimate2 with all aspects of handling/acceleration/braking, whereas the AS3+ would be somewhat haphazard of anything over 1" of snow. While the tire itself is comfortable and not noisy (similar amount of perceivable noise as the AS3+), the thick tread pattern/blocks pick up large stones/pebbles like no other, which may result in annoying clinking until manually inspected and removed.
43 - tyre reviewed on May 13, 2021
Given 93% while driving a Kia Motors Sorrento xt 3.5 v6 4x4 (235/65 R17) on a combination of roads for 6,000 average miles
I've had this on the Kia Sorento for around 6 months, and driven a winter in Salt Lake City which see's a lot of snow. These tires are exceptional, quiet and comfortable in the dry, good grip in the wet, and way way better than any us all season tire. Couldn't get stuck even in deep snow. Highly recommended. Only swapping them off for the summer as I want a set of ATs on for moab driving and don't want to risk a sidewall popping, otherwise I'd keep this on all year.
28 - tyre reviewed on May 13, 2021
Given 98% while driving a Ford Focus MK3 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
Night and Day. Driving on regular all seasons for years, then switching to the CC2’s, I was blown away. FWD car handled slush and snow with ease, especially from starting on tricky hills and positions. Quiet and confident dry road feel, and sharp response for quick maneuvers, while coming in under 150 USD
20 - tyre reviewed on September 28, 2021
Have you driven on the Michelin CrossClimate 2 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Michelin CrossClimate 2? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Michelin CrossClimate 2 >

Latest Michelin CrossClimate 2 Reviews

Given 80% while driving a Hyundai Tucson (225/60 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,500 average miles
I was looking for 'all weather' tyres that would give more security and confidence in UK winter conditions, without sacrificing comfort or noise. Although still early days, I am extremely pleased with how the CrossClimate 2s are performing. I just spent a few days in the Peak District during a time when snow storms had closed a number of roads. My car (FWD only) was able to climb (and descend) some very steep, rutted and icy lanes with barely any wheel slip - it was truly impressive. On dry roads, the driving feel is barely changed from the previous OE tyres (ContiPremiumContact 5) - certainly I cannot find any trade-offs in comfort, control or fuel economy. Motorway noise is impressive - the level seems similar to the OE tyres but the pitch is lower and less noticeable.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 4, 2021
Given 100% while driving a Jeep Renegade longitude4x4 (215/60 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Done around 1000 miles now on the CC2s,the ride quality,steering feel and grip have improved noticeably,rough and shoddy UK roads are dealt with easily.Have not driven on them in true winter conditions until recently,l found that the tyre (and car l might add) deal with deep snow,slush and ice confidently without any difficulty or drama..a truly superb all year round tyre.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 27, 2021
Given 83% while driving a Fiat 500L Living Lounge 1.6 jtdm 105hp (205/55 R16) on mostly country roads for 100 easy going miles
First impressions: amazing dry braking performance! Comfort is impressive as well, really quiet and deals with the road imperfections quite nicely. Curious to see how it performs in the wet and snow in the colder conditions. If it wears nicely, I'll seriously consider fitting a set on my other car and to have one set of always grippy and comfy tires, with the bonus of having nice looking wheels all the time, not only in the summer :)
0 - tyre reviewed on November 22, 2021
Given 82% while driving a BMW M140i (/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
In terms of driving pleasure, the Bridgestone Weather Control A005s were slightly better, as the balance was much less understeery. However, the Michelin CrossClimate 2 is much more confident on the road. The comfort is very high. The rolling noise is okay. By far the most outstanding features are the traction and the braking distance on dry asphalt. That almost goes in the direction of summer tires. Cornering properties in the wet and dry are comparable to the A005. So typical for a very good winter / all-season tire.
4 - tyre reviewed on November 22, 2021
Given 88% while driving a Toyota GR Yaris (/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
This tyre copes with everything I have thrown at it, including deep mud, and wet grass! I live in a rural area, and in the winter the roads get very slippery, the cross climate 2 copes exceptionally well in these conditions. In the dry, they perform very well for a tyre in this class. Will definitely buy again.
4 - tyre reviewed on November 16, 2021
Given 90% while driving a Lexus Rx450h (/55 R19) on mostly town for 3,000 average miles
I'm not a car expert. Having purchased a 2015 RX450h a year ago after a lifetime of driving underpowered "consumer" vehicles, I've found myself delighted and more interested. My experience is limited yet hope it may be of value here. The car came with two new sets from the prior owner: Nexen NFera RU5 summer tires and Yokohama IceGuard G075, both used at 8000' elevation in the Colorado Rocky Mountains. I live at 5600' where the Great Plains literally meet the Front Range foothills. Our snows are intermittent and almost always melt quickly; in all but the most severe storms the roads are cleared overnight with no glaciation. The CrossClimate2's (hereinafter CC2) came to my attention and as I presume you know are already well documented both technically and experientially in YouTube videos. I privately sold both tire sets and mounted the CC2s in April 2021 during the end of our winter snow season. My prior experiences are driving a '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee, an '08 Honda Civic, and an older Camry and Accord, and drove with both Nexens and Yokos on the RX. I average 7000 miles/year. I don't push things; not a fan of G forces, especially on crowded urban roadways and highways, let along high Rocky Mountain S curves. Here's what I can offer so far: - Comfort/dry: the CC2s ride like ghosts…as if they're not there. Now this is on a Lexus RX that itself rides silently and smoothly. Yet I also feel their enhanced grip compared to the other sets. - Snow/braking: I tested the CC2s in an empty parking lot one night with 4-5" of spring slush. I started at one end and floored it to the middle of the lot in the various drive modes. Zero slippage whatsoever except for 2 merest blips of the traction light. In the middle of the run I braked hard, and as the runs when on, harder. Zero skidding and, assuming that Lexus ABS braking feels and sounds like what I've experienced prior in lesser cars, it never engaged in this testing. I'm completely sold. First, for never having to swap tires, wheels, etc. That's a big time, effort, and money saver. Next, the CC2s with their street-legal snowflake winter designation, stellar personal test performance, and video performance in the Swiss Alps indicates that I ought to expect very secure snow performance even to 8-10" on my 5000 lb SUV.
2 - tyre reviewed on November 10, 2021
Given 61% while driving a Peugeot 206 GTi 137 (195/55 R15) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
I have been driving on this set of wheels for a while now and would not recommend them. Grip is rather disappointing on dry roads, actually worse than winter on summer... but slightly better on wet roads. I drive a lot on mountain roads and was caught a few times by surprise about how fast you can lose control. Tread wear is unfortunately quite concerning too as I am now halfway though them. Noise is no concern to me but they are definitely not as quiet as advertised. All in all, I think I will stay away from this particular tire and would not recommend either.
9 - tyre reviewed on October 25, 2021
Given 94% while driving a Ford 05 Mondeo 185 (modded) diesel (225/50 R17) on mostly motorways for 11,500 average miles
Great touring tyre with very predictable handling characteristics in all weather conditions. The quietest tyre I've ever had with the exception of a few different cement surfaces.
8 - tyre reviewed on October 25, 2021
Given 95% while driving a Subaru WRX Limited (245/40 R18) on mostly country roads for 2,000 average miles
Just bought these about 2000 miles ago and put them on my 2020 Subaru WRX. So far I've done a ton of dry driving and some heavy rain driving. In dry conditions this tire is very grippy and handles the corners very well. In wet conditions the tire is very solid. Hydro sliding wasn't a worry at all during heavy rain thanks to the tire's groove pattern. Road noise was very little to none. The engine noise was louder than the tires themselves. So far I'm happy with my purchase although price could be a sticking point for some. We'll see how they fare in the winter months, but so far they've been worth the investment.
5 - tyre reviewed on October 18, 2021
Given 93% while driving a Hyundai Accent (205/55 R16) on mostly motorways for 2,000 easy going miles
Very impressed so far with the Michelin Crossclimate2 and I can see the improvement over the Crossclimate+ already Grip levels are amazing in all weather conditions, it’s hard to think what else you could want from a tyre It feels very safe and a cut above the rest Quite pricey but well worth the investment - a nice feeling knowing you are safe with the best tyre technology there is !!
14 - tyre reviewed on October 2, 2021
Hyundai i20 (195/55 R16) on mostly country roads for 1,000 average miles
After a worn set of Michelin Crossclimate+ I upgraded to the Michelin Crossclimate2 and I am so massively impressed The dry grip is second to none for an all season tyre, the wet grip is definitely up there and I’ve yet to experience Ice or Snow but I’m looking forward to seeing how they perform when the time comes. I will never go back to summer tyres again on any car I own. Noise levels are lower than expected and comfort is amazing One slight drawback is the expense - get your head around that and you won’t regret it !!
3 - tyre reviewed on October 2, 2021
Given 100% while driving a Jeep Renegade longitude4x4 (215/60 R17) on mostly country roads for 200 average miles
Just replaced a set of premium summer tyres with CC2s,the ride and comfort levels are much improved,the tyre is both quiet and refined.Drove through a torrential storm recently with flooded roads with absolute confidence,not tried the tyre on ice/snow but first impressions are of an excellent tyre well suited to driving in the UK.
5 - tyre reviewed on October 2, 2021