Michelin CrossClimate 2

The Michelin CrossClimate 2 is a Premium Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre replaced the Michelin CrossClimate Plus.

Tyre review data from 33 tyre reviews averaging 85% over 125,511 miles driven.

The CrossClimate 2 is ranked 7th of 43 All Season Premium Touring tyres.

Reports

2021 Tyre Reviews All Season Tyre Test - 1st of 11 tyres

• Positive - Clear leader in the dry, good wet handling, shortest wet braking at warmer temperatures, best aquaplaning resistance in both tests, one of the best tyres overall in the snow, low levels of noise, low rolling resistance.
  • Negative - Average wet braking at cooler temperatures, expensive.
  • Overall - The new Michelin CrossClimate 2 had a near flawless test, with the only weakness coming in the wet at cooler temperatures where it couldn't quite match the best. It was the most summer-like tyre in the dry, led both deep water tests, was one of the best in the snow, and had low noise and low rolling resistance. A really impressive performance from the new tyre, and a worthy upgrade to the CrossClimate+.

2021 Auto Bild All Season Tyre Test - 7th of 18 tyres

• Positive - Dry specialist with safe snow qualities, dynamic handling, good aquaplaning resistance, low rolling resistance.
  • Negative - Understeer in the wet, high price level.

Michelin CrossClimate 2 VS Michelin CrossClimate+ - 1st of 2 tyres

• Overall - The Michelin CrossClimate 2 is a worthy upgrade on the original CrossClimate+. It improves the outgoing tyres grip in nearly all conditions, it makes a significant step forward in the snow, and has significantly lower rolling resistance.

All in all, the CrossClimate 2 is a very impressive all season tyre.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Michelin CrossClimate 2

Questions and Answers for the Michelin CrossClimate 2

2021-10-14 - Does the New CrossClimate 2 have a Run Flat option?

There is currently only one runflat size of the CC2, 225/45 R18. You can see all the sizes available here.

2021-09-20 - How would these do on the track? Would it be possible to have these on year round PLUS use them on the racetrack for some fun driving (not trying to get the best lap times, just driving for fun).

For an all season tyre, they would perform well, but like all tyres of this category you will notice poor heat resistance and high wear when hot, so I cannot recommend driving any all season tyre on track.

2021-09-23 - How does the CrosscClimate 2 compare to a summer tyre like Bridgestone Turanza T005 or the Goodyear EfficientGrip 2 when it comes to Rolling resistance ?

Our all season tyre test has data covering this.

2022-01-08 - I want to purchase the Michelin CrossClimate 2 in the size 225/45R17 94, which is available with V and Y speed index. Both would suffice for my car as the rated top speed is 235 km/h so what are the pros and cons of V vs Y?

Generally, the lower speed rating should have a very small advantage in comfort, however some tyre manufacturers are now making the same tyre for multiple speed and load indexes the same, just having a different marking, so in this case I'd buy whatever is more wallet friendly.

2022-03-26 - Would Cross Climate be good (or best choice) as all season tyre on a Mercedes A Class (2013 - Amg line, 1.6 156bhp) - Tyre size 225/40 R18 92Y? thanks in advance

The Crossclimate 2 is an excellent all season tyre, as are the all season tyres from Continental and Goodyear. There's lots of test data on the site so show you which tyre is best in each area.

CrossClimate 2 Prices

YouTube Review

Top 3 Michelin CrossClimate 2 Reviews

Given 81% while driving a Infiniti 2004 G35 (235/50 R18) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Car = 2014 Infiniti Q60 AWD (aka G37 Coupe / CV36 Skyline - RWD bias ATTESA AWD) Overall, pleased with the tire as I wanted a comfortable tire with long tread life and a true "All-Season" tire for the winter months as I have not yet purchased a set of dedicated summer wheels/tires yet. Coming from previous Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ which lasted around 52k of 45k mile rating with sometimes spirited driving, so have no reason to doubt Michelin's tread ware claims, at least on my vehicle. Handling in the dry, the AS3+ was better when taking curves/turns and activated the VDC/TCS less often, handling in the wet appears to be similar. Snow and ice grip, of course, are markedly better on the CrossClimate2 with all aspects of handling/acceleration/braking, whereas the AS3+ would be somewhat haphazard of anything over 1" of snow. While the tire itself is comfortable and not noisy (similar amount of perceivable noise as the AS3+), the thick tread pattern/blocks pick up large stones/pebbles like no other, which may result in annoying clinking until manually inspected and removed.
55 - tyre reviewed on May 13, 2021
Given 93% while driving a Kia Motors Sorrento xt 3.5 v6 4x4 (235/65 R17) on a combination of roads for 6,000 average miles
I've had this on the Kia Sorento for around 6 months, and driven a winter in Salt Lake City which see's a lot of snow. These tires are exceptional, quiet and comfortable in the dry, good grip in the wet, and way way better than any us all season tire. Couldn't get stuck even in deep snow. Highly recommended. Only swapping them off for the summer as I want a set of ATs on for moab driving and don't want to risk a sidewall popping, otherwise I'd keep this on all year.
36 - tyre reviewed on May 13, 2021
Given 98% while driving a Ford Focus MK3 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
Night and Day. Driving on regular all seasons for years, then switching to the CC2’s, I was blown away. FWD car handled slush and snow with ease, especially from starting on tricky hills and positions. Quiet and confident dry road feel, and sharp response for quick maneuvers, while coming in under 150 USD
26 - tyre reviewed on September 28, 2021
Have you driven on the Michelin CrossClimate 2 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Michelin CrossClimate 2? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Michelin CrossClimate 2 >

Latest Michelin CrossClimate 2 Reviews

Given 74% while driving a SEAT Leon 2007 2.0 150 hp (205/55 R16) on mostly motorways for 5,000 miles
Road feedback and handling isn't great. If you like sporty driving isn't a great tyre. If you want a tyre that you don't need to worry whatever the weather this is excellent. Decent in snow very good in cold weather and more than decent in summer time. Good levels of grip whatever the weather
0 - tyre reviewed on May 17, 2022
Given 51% while driving a BMW 325i (255/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
After just over 2000 miles or use, I have to say that i'm quite disappointed. Dry grip is average at best and wet grip is not anywhere near what I was expecting. The tyres don't work when cold or in slightly icy conditions. They also don't work well when its hot. This was my first time trying all season tyres and I defo will not do it again. Better off getting a good set of summers and, if you need it, a spare set of winters. The one area I think these tyres do well is in comfort. I've done a few long drives with them now and they do soak up the road well. MPG is not good.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 30, 2022
Want the best Performance summer tyre? Click here!
Given 58% while driving a Skoda (185/60 R15) on mostly country roads for 2,590 average miles
Comprehensive fuel records since Fabia Estate purchased 3/21 with 18800 miles on clock. Front tyres replaced with Cross Climate 2 in 11/21 at 23700 miles total. Average fuel used over 4900 miles was 44.09mpg. Since then 2590 miles at 41.30mpg : 6.3% worse and totally unacceptable. Other comparisons not sufficiently favourable to discount poor fuel use: noise no better, ride and steering not discernibly different. Weather not bad enough to have tried snow and ice performance.
2 - tyre reviewed on April 25, 2022
Given 95% while driving a Lincoln MKZ (/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
In my 60 years of driving this is by far the best all around ( all weather ) tire I have experience with . I was amazed how it handled snow conditions here in the Northeast this last winter . This tire is worth it if you value your life on the highway .
2 - tyre reviewed on April 21, 2022
Given 89% while driving a Ford Mondeo Titanium X Sport (225/50 R17) on mostly motorways for 21 average miles
Very predictable handling in all weather conditions. Excel's in wet and will not hydroplane when driven to road conditions. Slight increase in highway gas mileage. Good in snow and ice but not as quite as good as dedicated snow tires. Quietest tires I've ever had.
2 - tyre reviewed on April 4, 2022
Given 100% while driving a Ford Edge (/45 R18) on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
After many months of shopping around, I thought I'd give these tires a try. Really expensive, but I think you get what you pay for! These are the best tires I have ever had in my 32 years of driving. The look of them alone is almost worth the price. They are awesome in the snow. Road noise is minimal, and the grip on dry pavement is second to none.
2 - tyre reviewed on March 14, 2022
Given 86% while driving a Toyota RAV4 (235/55 R18) on mostly motorways for 6,000 easy going miles
Fitted onto a RAV 4 6 months ago. In the dry they are fine and brake fine however the feedback is not there. A Rav 4's steering is vuage but you can judge were the car is going but that is it. You know where the car is going and it is gripping but this tyre is not a Goodyear F1 Eagle Asymmetric 5 Ultra high performance tyre though. For the every day driver this tyre is perfect. For the wet, the CC2 are again really good. The directional tyre tread helps disperse water away to prevent aqua plaining. However, this maybe related to my car but it does throw up a lot of spray and covers the rear of the car quickly. This maybe a Rav 4 design or the CC2. In terms of wear, I did not check them when they were new but on the other tyre reviews tests they should come with 7mm new and they are on between 5.6 and 6.1 mm. This is front and back and with 1 tyre rotation after 6000 miles. In terms of comfort if the tyre is on a rough patch of road it is really noisy in my rav 4 but that could be down to the little amount of insultation in the car and with bumps you generally dont feel them but you do hear them. Since I have had the CC2 they have dealt with snow once and it was about half a foot deep. They handled this really well given it is a summer bias all season tyre and not a winter bias all season tyre or a full winter tyre. As the tyre wears the grooves are meant to open up and give similar performance as the tyre wears down. I will review this in due to course to see if performance drops off or stays similar to new. I have not tested on ice so I cannot comment on this. Would I buy again? Yes but only with a black circles with an offer code. I paid £135 per tyre and given the fuel and wet ratings are A for rolling resistance and B for wet grip which is better than the Vredstein Quatrac Pro and the Continental All Season Contact I was tempted to buy. The CC2 is similar in price and has better rolling resistance but also seems to be the best on the dry, wet and snow from recent tyre testing. The Vredstein Quatrac Pro seems to handle the dry and wet better than the CC2 from test results but that is all well and good until you have 3mm in the winter time with snow, this is when you want the best tyre performance. If the tyre lasts for as long as it should and given all of the performance it has minus the handling I would buy again.
1 - tyre reviewed on March 12, 2022
Given 96% while driving a Mercedes Benz B200 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
Thanks to this video review and Michelin releasing the CrossClimate 2 last October (2021) in Japan, I finally bought them and ... nothing special, just feels like normal/summer tires. Tested them in the snow in the mountain, they just works perfectly. I went slow for my first time, it was still I joy to drive. When it happened it had to try the summer tires in the snow, even 3mm of fresh snow on 2-3% incline it worked (reminder: when summer tires). So, I'm even happier to have the same summer feelings with the CrossClimate2 and be able to go to the mountain when them.
10 - tyre reviewed on February 8, 2022
Given 95% while driving a Toyota Camry (/45 R17) on for 100 average miles
It's exceptional! I'm a Traveling Acute Hemodialysis Nurse and goes to different hospitals to treat patients regardless of the weather outside.. Bought a new set of CC2's from Costco just before a major snow storm hit the midwest 2/2022. I got Michelin Defender LTX tires on all my 3 cars except the 2020 Camry Hybrid FWD which came with Firestone FT140 which was terrible in snow and slush in my IMHO. This CC2 tires rocks! handles way better than my Defender LTX..forget about the FT140. Traveled 60 miles that night on a freeway and unplowed inner roads with mixed snow and slush at with no problem at all while other vehicles got stuck. I highly recommend Crossclimate2 in snow and wet driving. Looking forward to test it in hot weather.
5 - tyre reviewed on February 5, 2022
Given 96% while driving a Honda Accord (205/60 R16) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
My bought the Crossclimate 2 back in early December. I was doing research for an all season tire a few months prior of purchasing and came up with this tire. I learned that in Europe their all season tires are way different than the all season tires that we get in the USA. I found out that we do have all season tires that are European spec in the US but they're placed into a different category of tires that are called all weather tires because they're rated for severe snow. So I bought the tires and when it came for installation date, it was raining and temperatures were in the 40°F. After installation was done, I noticed a huge difference between the Michelin and the Continental tires i had before. I know i can't compared a worn tire vs a new tire, but if i remembered, the Continental tires were good for gripping on the rain when new but not as much as the Michelins. Only issue I had with the Michelin tires was that they were a bit firm and noisier than the Continentals. Next day roads were dried and I couldn't hear a single road noise coming from the tire. So my guess was that due to being a directional tire you will hear more road noise when wet. But the road noise is not too annoying like an off-road tire or traditional directional tires. The firmness of the tires eventually wore off after a few weeks of using it. Handling has been excellent, but my car being a FWD, you can't really push it too much because it'll understeer and since it's winter, the rubber won't handle it well if it was summer. In mid January and early February we got a few rounds of snow, about a couple inches each round. The tires did great on the snow by having so much grip. Just a few days ago (2-Feb-22) my area got hit with 8" of snow and my car has been cruising along in deep snow like I'm driving on a normal road. The number of vehicles on the roads where I live use all season tires (US spec) and AWD. Sure AWD can get you going from a stop, but handling and braking is what makes tires handle snow and not the vehicle. I passed trucks, SUVs, crossovers, sedans, basically any drivetrain available because they were struggling to get grip on a good amount of snow on the road. I've been braking like what i usually brake on a normal road and the ABS hasn't been working overtime like my previous tires. The ABS has been used a few times, but only if I'm braking like a jerk (hard braking). Overall it's been a great tire so far this winter. I'm excited what the tire can do in the summer. Highly recommend this tire for any season.
1 - tyre reviewed on February 4, 2022
Given 87% while driving a Audi A4 2.0 TDi 170 S Line (225/50 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Got them fitted right before a 150km long drive thru severe snow storm down from 350m above sea to 1100m. Temperatures ranged from 0°C to -5°C. Dry road to wet road to sludge to snow covered roads. What definitely stands out is snow traction. Very smooth running and extremely quiet in the first 500km. Hope they will stay like that. Only one negative point: Fresh, they only have 7mm thread depth. Not good in countries with a legal requirement of 4mm in winter conditions.
2 - tyre reviewed on January 22, 2022
Given 86% while driving a Honda CRV (235/60 R18) on mostly town for 12,000 average miles
I am not an expert so take my review with the grain of salt. I've been mainly driving Nokian WRG2, WRG3 and WRG4 - I really like Nokian for Canadian conditions. However, I have read many great things about CrossClimate 2 tires and compared to Nokians I can confidently say that the CrossClimate 2 felt better during summer driving. It felt quieter and I felt it had lower rolling resistance than Nokians. I am hoping this will contribute to better thread wear as well. I had a hard time perceiving any significant differenced during winter driving conditions. Both tires were quite good in my opinion.
2 - tyre reviewed on January 7, 2022