Hankook Kinergy 4S2

In order to be equipped for all weathers and temperatures, the new Kinergy 4S² offers specially balanced and constant performance features across all seasons. This is made possible by a directional tread being used for Hankook all-weather tyres for the first time, combined with a particularly innovative polymer silica tread mixture.

This tyre replaced the Hankook Kinergy 4S.

Tyre review data from 5 tyre reviews averaging 67% over 19,300 miles driven.

The Kinergy 4S2 is ranked 35th of 42 All Season Premium Touring tyres.

2021 All Season Tyre Market Overview - 4th of 34 tyres

2021 AZ All Season Tyre Test - 5th of 9 tyres

• Overall - Very safe on snow and dry roads, when it's warm, and even when wet and cold.

2021 Auto Bild All Season Tyre Test - 3rd of 18 tyres

• Positive - Good all season tyres with balanced driving characteristics, stable wet and dry handling, short snow and wet braking, good aquaplaning resistance, well priced.
  • Negative - Limited mileage.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Hankook Kinergy 4S2

Questions and Answers for the Hankook Kinergy 4S2

2018-12-06 - Hi. Do the 4S2 tyres have rim protectors?

Not in the sizes I've seen, but rim protection can vary from size to size so it would be worth contacting Hankook to find out whether the Kinergy 4S2 has rim protection.

Kinergy 4S2 Prices

YouTube Review

Top 3 Hankook Kinergy 4S2 Reviews

Given 81% while driving a SEAT 1.4 TSI (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
Very good all round tire
48 - tyre reviewed on August 20, 2020
Given 71% while driving a Volkswagen Polo 1.4 TDI (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,600 average miles
Does not give confidence after 150-170 km / h
33 - tyre reviewed on December 4, 2020
Given 67% while driving a Honda Civic 1.5T (225/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 1,000 average miles
Purchased a set of Kinergy 4s2 after watching Jonathan Benson's review, which suggested the Kinergy 4s2 was better than a lot of popular AS tyres (e.g. Michelin CrossClimates Plus, Bridgestone WeatherControl, and Continental AllSeasonContact) I have driven on them for around 1000 miles, so here are my initial thoughts about the Kinergy 4s2. I used Michelin CrossClimates Plus on this car before, therefore some comparisons will be discussed in this review. Pros: - Quiet - The sound isolation on my Civic X isn't fantastic, quite a lot of tyre noise inside the cabin when driving on motorways. Comparing to Michelin Primacy 4 and Michelin CrossClimates Plus, the Hankook Kinergy 4s2 is significantly quieter. I reduced my stereo volume by two levels after the Kinergy 4s2 fitted. - Comfort ride - I subjectively think the Kinergy 4s2 is comfortable, especially on bumpy roads. - Competitive Price - On the day of my purchase, the Kinergy 4s2 was at least 14% cheaper than Michelin CrossClimates Plus, Bridgestone WeatherControl, and Goodyear 4Seasons Gen 3. -Wet & dry braking -Good wet and dry braking performance. In normal usage, sometimes I forget I have the AS tyres on when braking, which is perfect. Cons:- Handling - A bit roly-poly and average feedback in general, which is expected. The most disappointing bit is that the tyres tend to understeer easily when you turn a corner a bit aggressive. Personally, I think the handling (especially dry handling) is a bit disappointing compared to Michelin CrossClimates Plus and I now have to drive a lot more gently. --I have not had a chance to drive them in ice/snow conditions, therefore I am not able to review how good they are in winter. Bottom line: Generally it is a good pick for day-to-day driving: comfortable, quiet, fairly priced, and with a reasonable grip. However, if you are more demanding in terms of handling, personally think there are better picks in the market.
31 - tyre reviewed on December 1, 2020
Have you driven on the Hankook Kinergy 4S2 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Hankook Kinergy 4S2? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Hankook Kinergy 4S2 >

Latest Hankook Kinergy 4S2 Reviews

Given 79% while driving a Lancia Ypsilon 0.9 Twinair 85 (195/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 700 easy going miles
Very good tyres in all situation for normal driving.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 5, 2021
Given 52% while driving a Honda Civic 1.5T (235/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 13,000 average miles
This is the end-of-life review of my Hankook kinergy 4s2 after driving 13000 miles in the past 9 months. The tyres still have 3.5-4mm across all four. In terms of wear, not bad really. Tried it on snow & ice earlier this year on B roads, it is completely adequate. It will bring you home safely. It is also pretty good in the dry, not too soft as some of its rivals when the heatwave hit. All was good when it was new. However, all turn soul since last month the tread is worn down to under 4mm. There is a lack of wet grip, especially if you need a sharp turn on a wet road. The car would understeer. It has happened three times so far: the first two times were on A road, I saved it without a problem. The last time happened last night in a heavy rainstorm, I maneuver on a narrow road to give way at a low speed (~20mph) and my car understeered. My wheel ended up being curbed quite badly. I am devastated & I have decided I will not use them again even still plenty of treads left. Complete false economy & I regretted buying them in the first place.
7 - tyre reviewed on September 15, 2021