Hankook Kinergy 4S2

The Hankook Kinergy 4S2 is a Premium Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

In order to be equipped for all weathers and temperatures, the new Kinergy 4S² offers specially balanced and constant performance features across all seasons. This is made possible by a directional tread being used for Hankook all-weather tyres for the first time, combined with a particularly innovative polymer silica tread mixture.

This tyre replaced the Hankook Kinergy 4S

Tyre review data from 3 tyre reviews averaging 74% over 5,600 miles driven.

Latest Group Test Results

2020 Auto Express All Season Tyre Test - 3rd of 6 tyres

• Positive - Highest aquaplaning resistance on test, shortest wet braking, good in the dry.
  • Negative - Average snow performance, higher rolling resistance.

2020 All Season Tyre Market Overview - 32 Tyre Braking Test - 3rd of 33 tyres

2020 Auto Bild SUV All Season Tyre Test - 1st of 13 tyres

• Positive - The 4S2 has an all round ability with excellent driving characteristics in all weather conditions, dynamic handling, good steering, short snow and wet braking distances, low price.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Hankook Kinergy 4S2

Questions and Answers for the Hankook Kinergy 4S2

2018-12-06 - Hi. Do the 4S2 tyres have rim protectors?

Not in the sizes I've seen, but rim protection can vary from size to size so it would be worth contacting Hankook to find out whether the Kinergy 4S2 has rim protection.

Top 3 Hankook Kinergy 4S2 Reviews

Given 81% while driving a SEAT 1.4 TSI (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
Very good all round tire
31 - tyre reviewed on August 20, 2020
Given 67% while driving a Honda Civic 1.5T (225/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 1,000 average miles
Purchased a set of Kinergy 4s2 after watching Jonathan Benson's review, which suggested the Kinergy 4s2 was better than a lot of popular AS tyres (e.g. Michelin CrossClimates Plus, Bridgestone WeatherControl, and Continental AllSeasonContact) I have driven on them for around 1000 miles, so here are my initial thoughts about the Kinergy 4s2. I used Michelin CrossClimates Plus on this car before, therefore some comparisons will be discussed in this review. Pros: - Quiet - The sound isolation on my Civic X isn't fantastic, quite a lot of tyre noise inside the cabin when driving on motorways. Comparing to Michelin Primacy 4 and Michelin CrossClimates Plus, the Hankook Kinergy 4s2 is significantly quieter. I reduced my stereo volume by two levels after the Kinergy 4s2 fitted. - Comfort ride - I subjectively think the Kinergy 4s2 is comfortable, especially on bumpy roads. - Competitive Price - On the day of my purchase, the Kinergy 4s2 was at least 14% cheaper than Michelin CrossClimates Plus, Bridgestone WeatherControl, and Goodyear 4Seasons Gen 3. -Wet & dry braking -Good wet and dry braking performance. In normal usage, sometimes I forget I have the AS tyres on when braking, which is perfect. Cons:- Handling - A bit roly-poly and average feedback in general, which is expected. The most disappointing bit is that the tyres tend to understeer easily when you turn a corner a bit aggressive. Personally, I think the handling (especially dry handling) is a bit disappointing compared to Michelin CrossClimates Plus and I now have to drive a lot more gently. --I have not had a chance to drive them in ice/snow conditions, therefore I am not able to review how good they are in winter. Bottom line: Generally it is a good pick for day-to-day driving: comfortable, quiet, fairly priced, and with a reasonable grip. However, if you are more demanding in terms of handling, personally think there are better picks in the market.
8 - tyre reviewed on December 1, 2020
Given 71% while driving a Volkswagen Polo 1.4 TDI (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,600 average miles
Does not give confidence after 150-170 km / h
4 - tyre reviewed on December 4, 2020
Have you driven on the Hankook Kinergy 4S2 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Hankook Kinergy 4S2? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Hankook Kinergy 4S2 >