Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen 3

The Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen-3 provides improved grip for better handling on snow. The large amount of sipes at the center of the tyre’s tread provide for better snow biting, improving handling on snow by 5% in comparison to the previous Vector 4Seasons Gen-2.

Goodyear’s Dry Handling technology provides strong crown and shoulder blocks that reduce the deformation of the tyre during heavy maneuvers improving dry braking by 5%.

The Vector 4Seasons Gen-3 also maintains its predecessor’s impressive level of aquaplaning resistance thanks to Goodyear’s Aqua Control technology, which uses deep and wide grooves to improve water dispersion.

The new Vector 4Seasons Gen-3 was introduced as of April 2020, with 65 new SKUs to be progressively introduced in 2020 and further SKUs to follow in 2021 and 2022.

This tyre replaced the Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons Gen 2.

Tyre review data from 19 tyre reviews averaging 85% over 105,775 miles driven.

The Vector 4Seasons Gen 3 is ranked 7th of 43 All Season Premium Touring tyres.

2021 Tyre Reviews All Season Tyre Test - 5th of 11 tyres

• Positive - Good handling in all conditions, excellent snow traction, good aquaplaning resistance, low noise, high levels of comfort, low rolling resistance.
  • Negative - Long braking distances in the dry and wet.
  • Overall - The Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen-3 was a tyre with mixed fortunes. It performed well in nearly all tests, however an unusually long dry and wet braking result meant the tyre could only finish in fifth place overall.

2021 AZ All Season Tyre Test - 3rd of 9 tyres

• Overall - Strong in the wet and dry, safe in the snow, the Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen-3 is highly recommended, and particularly efficient with fuel.

2021 Auto Bild All Season Tyre Test - 1st of 18 tyres

• Positive - Test winner with convincing performance in any weather, dynamic handling, short wet braking distances, very good aquaplaning resistance, very low wear, good value for money.
  • Negative - None mentioned.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen 3

Questions and Answers for the Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen 3

2020-07-02 - I bought a brand new set of this tyres for my Audi A3, size 225/45 R17, to replace my 7 year old winter tyres. Now I can hear a very obvious bumping noise coming from tyres, at about 40 to 50km/h. I can kind of feel it on the steering wheel too. Never heard that before with any winter nor all-season tyres, let alone summer tyres. Two separate garages checked the car, including Audi, and said they could no find anything wrong, and that the noise may be normal for those tyres. Can this be the case? Has anyone had the same experience with these tyres? I am really quite unhappy with them.

This is certainly not the fault of the tyres, unless they've been stored incorrectly and have gone "out of round" or been damaged internally. I'd keep complaining to the garage! One option would be to have the fronts and rears swapped to see if the noise moves, and if so you know there's a wheel / tyre issue.

2020-10-31 - Been looking at these to fit on a Gen 10 Honda Civic 1.5 turbo which is a reasonably quick car and has good handling, I am just a little concerned regarding dry braking, do these tyre make an appreciable difference compared to the OE tyres which are Michelin Primacy 3?

Check out our all season tyre test which has a reference summer tyre in to show you the difference between this and a summer tyre.

2021-05-25 - I have to fit my Hyundai Tucson with new tires. I have to choose between Goodyear 4season Gen 3 and Michelin crossclimate plus. My main focus is on treadlife and dry and wet performance. What should I choose?

The two tyres seem to be relatively similar in wear, the Michelin better in the dry and the Goodyear has the edge in the wet. If you've not seen it, check out our all season tyre test from 2020 as that should give you all the details.

Vector 4Seasons Gen 3 Prices

YouTube Review

Top 3 Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen 3 Reviews

Given 86% while driving a Mazda 6 Wagon (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 25 spirited miles
Bought a set of Gen 2s 2 years ago. Done about 25k miles on them. Had them rotated 3 times. Have driven in blistering heat, freezing temperatures and torrential rain. They have always felt well planted and feedback from the tryes has been good. I have used them on motorways, welsh A and B roads, grass and mud but never got the chance to try them in the snow and ice which is the main reason I got them. Maybe this year as I am going to fit some Gen3s in a few weeks. What I will say is this is the first set of tyres where I have NEVER picked up a puncture. Whether I have just been lucky or the different tread design from normal road tyres with radial groves has been a factor, I don't know. Thoroughly recommend these.
69 - tyre reviewed on August 14, 2020
Given 86% while driving a Kia Motors Stonic (185/65 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
Been using the 3rd gen since 2 months ago. I would say that they are better than the 2nd gen in every aspect. Better on snow/ice than the Michelin CrossclimatePlus that's for sure. But a bitt worse than the CrossclimatePlus on dry and wear wise. Still since the CrossclimatePlus is pretty unstable on snow/ice , this is the real all season tyre to go with.
46 - tyre reviewed on September 3, 2020
Given 92% while driving a Skoda (235/45 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 500 spirited miles
Great tyres! I changed the tyres 3 weeks ago and switched from summer Pirelli Cinturato P7, which came with my new Skoda. The car is with DCC, which I use in comfort mode. Immediately after I changed the tyres I feel the difference. the car became much more comfortable and quiet. Especially on weared and cracked road surfaces. When going over bumps, the car is feeling smooth and soft. There is not any more typical noises from suspension and much less road noises can be heard. I drove in autumn conditions in range +3 to +25 DEG Celsius. The grip below +15 DEG is much better than with the summer tyres, in all conditions - wet, dry, muddy. Between 15 and 20 DEG, the grip is similar like P7. Above 20 DEG, V4 Gen3 start feeling more soft than needed and start "floating" on the pattern's blocks when cornering. Braking grip is also excellent in all conditions till now. In addition to quietness, would like to add that on extremely wet surface there is not typical for most winter patterns high frequencies noises when accelerating, caused by water extraction from the pattern in the contact spots. In regards with the tests published on this website I would confirm that the tyres are very close to best winter tyres performance on dry and wet below 15 DEG (based on my previous experience with winter Goodyear, Continental, Semperit, Kleber, Toyo etc, which I drove on my previous cars). After I collect some experience on snow and ice, I will update this review. And after at least a full year I can evaluate the wear of the tyres, til now the tyres are quite new and I cannot make evaluation. I hope that in hot summer in Bulgaria tyres will survive in 40++ DEG and will save elasticity for the next few years. As major drawback I will note the price. Currently the model is very new and I have to wait for 2 weeks after the order. The price is higher than on Michelin CC+ here in Bulgaria and even PILOT ALPIN 5, which are the most expensive tyres for normal road cars. At the end would like to give my huge LIKE on www.tyrereviews.co.uk, which are making our choice of tyres much easier with the information and tests published here :-) ! Thank You Tyrereviews!
30 - tyre reviewed on November 17, 2020
Have you driven on the Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen 3 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen 3? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen 3 >

Latest Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen 3 Reviews

Given 91% while driving a Nissan Primera (215/50 R17) on a combination of roads for 12,500 easy going miles
this tyres loves the cold weather. its perfect on snow and sure provide confidence. its very good in rain conditions and ok to dry weather never feel any unstubillity in logical frame. Also is very queit. I live in greece and i warried about wear in summer month but high summer temperatures do not affect their wear. on negatives now is how the tyre has a very bad feedback, its filtering the most and the feel is like no have idea where is the wheel. But the biggest disadvantage is the brake on warm weather, as feel and perfomance, every time feel how needed little more space to stop from what you think. its no traggik but sure worst from summer tyres. my previeus toyo proxes cf2 is much better from that in any summer sittuation. but because i feel unsecure in winter change to all season. generly from my expirience, below 10 celcius its the ultimate tyres who i have tries, grip snow&dry&wet, brake snow&dry&wet, feeling. over 10 celcius start compromises. that is the point who a summer tyres is better. finaly this tyres is perfect for people like me who driving style is calm-economy, wants all season tyres who preefer some little comromise from change to summer.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 9, 2022
Given 83% while driving a Volkswagen b5 1.8t (/65 R15) on for 15,000 miles
I have fot it on an old VW Passat. In Winter it behave like an Winter Tire. The only slightly disadvantage in Winter is during fast cornering. Than it start to loose grip but in what a predictibly way - I am SO impressed. Predictibility is the key Word for Winter. In summer it behaves like a normal tire. The Best abilities are when temperature is near 0 Celsius, wonderfull and well holding corners tire then. Talking about milage, after whole one year of use in Middle-East Europe front tires tread looks like it was hard biten, (25k km) but it still holds the grip. I will rotate front to rear. I think that my set will hold 3 years, maybe 2 and a half. For me it is fine. I think that I may buy and swap tires for summer month and put back Goodyear gen. 3 for spring, autumn and winter. Great tire for 3seasons. I think summer overhits and fastens the wear.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 16, 2021
Given 95% while driving a Skoda (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Switched to Gen 3 from CC+ and already loving it. The A fuel rating and B wet performance is simply amazing. Besides, they are definitely more quiet than the CC+ even though the label states 72db. The response from the steering is second to none. Tried them in the dry and wet, and never had a spin, can't say that about CC+, though a big fan of those before. Ready to test them in winter, can't wait, to be honest. So far I am totally impressed. Well done, Goodyear.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 16, 2021
Given 88% while driving a Renault Zoe (195/55 R16) on mostly town for 20,000 average miles
Incredible rounded tyre with low rolling resistance. I can recommend this tyre especially for EV drivers.
3 - tyre reviewed on November 15, 2021
Given 48% while driving a Jaguar XF Sportbrake 2.2 (200) (245/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 2,500 average miles
Initially I got massive feedback and vibrations through the steering wheel. This got better after 500 miles or so but still some vibrations remained at highway speeds. Never had that issue before with my previous Vredestein Quatrac pro's..... The tires seems to struggle with the weight of the car. Increased the tire pressures to max. as indicated in car's manual. (High speed, full load setting instead of the comfort pressures I normally run) Now they seem fine. Compared to the Vredesteins they are a bit quieter at highway speeds. (But that might be because they are new...) No experience in snow yet, tires seem to do well in dry and wet conditions. require a bit less steering input than previous tyres.
1 - tyre reviewed on October 14, 2021
Given 99% while driving a Ford Ecosport (205/60 R16) on for 5,000 spirited miles
I have been completely satisfied with his performance in all seasons. It's amazing. I recommend it to everyone.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 13, 2021
Given 82% while driving a Ford Focus MK2 1.6TDCI 2008 2011 (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 8,000 average miles
Some info beforehand: bought them for ~290 EUR for all 4 corners. 205 55 R16 on a Focus 2 estate. I live in Romania and temperatures range and have ranged from -10 to 35+ C. I've done more than 12K kms on them. Tread is at 7 from 8 mm. Bought December 2020. Haven't rotated them yet. I've previously had: Bridgestone Turanza T001 / Michelin Primacy 3 for summer and Kumho iCept RS2 for winter By no means am I a racing driver or anything so with the city and occasional out of the city driving that I do, they've done well for me. Here's my take: The good: - Fuel economy. Getting a better average overall than my summer + winter ones combined; - The fact that one doesn't have to change them every single time so you can say you're always ready if the bad weather suddenly appears; which in these weird times has happened... it can be an issue; - Road noise and comfort is decent, can't say I've felt any difference compared to either previous summer or winter tires. - Personally, I found aquaplaning almost non-existent even at 80 kph. The not-so-good: - Grip sometimes in the dry is so and so. Car feels a bit wobbly, so I try not to take turns too vigorously. Smooth and steady/ - Dry braking, to be honest, is a bit tricky sometimes thus I try a more defensive driving approach. Obviously, I wouldn't count on them as much as a regular summer tire. Maybe, if one lives in a more hot environment, a Crossclimate is the better choice. - They do squeak when taking tight turns at low speed in the dry / warmer temps - They also squeak when on certain zebra crossing or when leaving the lights more enthusiastically. Again during the summer time when temps are 30 and beyond Would I buy again? Absolutely.
3 - tyre reviewed on September 21, 2021
Given 54% while driving a Audi A8L Quattro (235/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 6,000 average miles
I bought these nearly a year ago with high expectations. Sadly they are completely unsuited to a large premium saloon. They are like driving on winter tyres. Awful white noise from them. wallowy. Need constant steering correction on the motorway where you could let go of the steering for many seconds before them. They screech and fold over if you swerve. On wife’s little Megane they are ok. They seem to puncture easily too.
6 - tyre reviewed on August 12, 2021
Given 80% while driving a Renault Megane (185/60 R15) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Really good tires for everyday use on an average car. The dry and snow performance seem slightly improved compared to the Vector gen-2, but the lateral grip is still average on snow and the price is also increased. I really like the "idiot-proof" feeling where the tires squeal but actually have plenty of margin before they really start sliding. It's also very progressive when the grip comes back, even on snow/ice. Those tires are great in the rain and do well in winter conditions. I wouldn't recommend them on twisty roads in hot weather since they don't seem to cope so well with the heat. They give a "floaty" feeling when too hot, otherwise they do a good job. You can consider those as winter-biased tires. They don't seem to wear too fast, they give reasonable fuel economy and they are quiet.
3 - tyre reviewed on July 10, 2021
Given 100% while driving a Mitsubishi L300 Delica Frankia camper (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
1st I will start by saying that the car (it is a camper van L300 Mitsubishi) previously had the vector 4 from 2004 and on break test for annual technical inspection they still performed, while driving still decent in the summer and the wet, no cracks, no air loss, slight grip loss, this were 17 years old! Now I got the gen 3 DOT 2021 as expected, of course due to them being new as well but, they do great in every way.
5 - tyre reviewed on June 1, 2021
Audi Audi a8 4.2 d3 quattro (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Bought a set of four 235 55 17 W. The handling and poise is not as good as the previous several summer tyres. The worst thing is the noise. They make a horrible noise in an otherwise silent car. Like 4 blow torches. It is not super load but is as annoying typed of sound that has never been there before. Would not buy again.
13 - tyre reviewed on February 21, 2021
Given 83% while driving a Citroën C3 (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
Fitted these tyres after the Manufacturer Standard Michelin Primacy 3s proved to be an absolute liability in winter. In terms of day to day use a great tyre. I can't comment on feedback or lack of it because the car doesn't have any to begin with it's not that sort of car. But in terms of a tyre that in cold, hot or wet conditions provides no nasty surprises it's spot on. Also a soft riding tyre which is good for taking the edge off expanding gaps etc. Rolling noise is no worse than the summers that were on, if anything may be a little bit quieter. In general in normal conditions a lovely stable safe tyre, if not the most fun thing I'd imagine. In winter conditions absolutely great, they are not magic by any means, you know you are on snow and ice but they provide more than enough grip for the esp, tcs and abs to work with. As a result rather than these systems hindering your progress by killing any forward movement at all or removing all braking force trying to keep the wheels rolling they become useful. Had the "luck" to find myself on a sheet of ice on a single track road heading towards another car who was also on ice and we were going to meet at the bottom of a dip. Pressed the brake, ABS kicked in but the car slowed and I could steer out of his way. I then managed to pull away out of the dip on sheet ice without much interference from the traction control. They also work well snow as well.
8 - tyre reviewed on January 31, 2021