Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen 3

The Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen 3 is a Premium Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

The Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen-3 provides improved grip for better handling on snow. The large amount of sipes at the center of the tyre’s tread provide for better snow biting, improving handling on snow by 5% in comparison to the previous Vector 4Seasons Gen-2.

Goodyear’s Dry Handling technology provides strong crown and shoulder blocks that reduce the deformation of the tyre during heavy maneuvers improving dry braking by 5%.

The Vector 4Seasons Gen-3 also maintains its predecessor’s impressive level of aquaplaning resistance thanks to Goodyear’s Aqua Control technology, which uses deep and wide grooves to improve water dispersion.

The new Vector 4Seasons Gen-3 was introduced as of April 2020, with 65 new SKUs to be progressively introduced in 2020 and further SKUs to follow in 2021 and 2022.

This tyre replaced the Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons Gen 2

Tyre review data from 7 tyre reviews averaging 88% over 25,775 miles driven.

Latest Group Test Results

2020 Auto Bild SUV All Season Tyre Test - 3rd of 13 tyres

• Positive - New all season tyre with the best snow qualities, high aquaplaning resistance, stable wet and dry handling with good steering feel.
  • Negative - Increased price.

2020 Auto Express All Season Tyre Test - 2nd of 6 tyres

• Positive - Good snow performance, high levels of grip in the wet, low rolling resistance,
  • Negative - Average dry performance.

2020 Tyre Reviews All Season Tyre Test - 1st of 11 tyres

• Positive - Good in the dry, excellent in the wet, excellent in snow, lowest rolling resistance on test and good levels of comfort.
  • Negative - Average dry braking.
  • Overall - The new Goodyear Vector 4Season Gen-3 earns a win in its first test, proving to have the most rounded ability of all the all season tyres included.

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen 3
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen 3. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen 3 Review

Given 86% while driving a Mazda 6 Wagon (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 25 spirited miles
Bought a set of Gen 2s 2 years ago. Done about 25k miles on them. Had them rotated 3 times. Have driven in blistering heat, freezing temperatures and torrential rain. They have always felt well planted and feedback from the tryes has been good. I have used them on motorways, welsh A and B roads, grass and mud but never got the chance to try them in the snow and ice which is the main reason I got them. Maybe this year as I am going to fit some Gen3s in a few weeks. What I will say is this is the first set of tyres where I have NEVER picked up a puncture. Whether I have just been lucky or the different tread design from normal road tyres with radial groves has been a factor, I don't know. Thoroughly recommend these.
44 - tyre reviewed on August 14, 2020

Latest Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen 3 Reviews

Have you driven on the Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen 3 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen 3? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen 3 >>

Given 80% while driving a Toyota Corolla (195/60 R15 V) on mostly country roads for 2,000 average miles
I have used the following allseasontyres since 2010, always with the ThreePeak SnowFlake symbol (for what that is worth since the differences between all these tires can be very significant). Quatrac3 Vredestein (little to complain about) Quatrac5 Vredestein (dito) Goodyear Vector 4S Gen2 (even better) Goodyear Vector 4S Gen3 (a little bit better). I am a weatherhobbyist and weahterphotographer and therefor: I go out when others mostly don't. So I need reliable tires. I live in The Netherlands where some winters have 70 days with a snowcover and other winters just 5 (well that is happening since 2014) or even less. Also we can have 10+ and rain in winter (also mainly the last decades) and we can have -20 in March. Or snow in April. In summer we get huge thunderstorms with torrential rains etcetc. A climate very common in NW Europe liek Germany and Denmark, our winters are colder than in most of the UK and surely Ireland though and in cold winters it is a lot colder. So I do not avoid difficult conditions, the opposite is true. With Quatrac3 everything was already fine, but on very compacted snow it was like a summertire all of a sudden. With the Quatrac5 I expected the same, yet it was better. Both Vredesteins btw excelled in longevity: they took me 70000 km. So why go for the Goodyear? Simple: because I like to try new things and these were consistently at toppositions in reviews whereas Vredestein was hit and miss depending on the review. Do I note a hige difference? No but there is a difference. Where the Vredesteins got me everywhere with no trouble, also under heavy snow, the GY G2 and now G3 are more stable. So sliding a bit to the left or right was noted on the Vredesteins but just not on the GY allseasons. Also the traction is still better. When compared to a summertire the difference with all these is, as everyone with a little kknowledge on the subject is aware off, nothing short of huge. It is completely irresponsible to drive with such tire son snow and I think allseasons even in our warming climate should be mandatory in winter. A strike down for the Gen2 GY tires is that hey did not nearly last me as long as the Vredesteins. I see that in the latest tests the Vredestein just edges the GY Gen3 out and is indeed the best. In my experience the GY Gen2 lasted me 45000 km. That is a pretty big difference in my view and seems to be quite a bit less than what I read in the reviews back in 2015 or 16. With Vredestein going from Quatrac Pro to Quatrac things seem to have changed: it is a symmetrical tyre and looks like a mix of Michelin Crossclimates and Goodyears (and continental). And the testresults are now on par with the GY Gen3. But since the wear seems even better I would probably opt for the Vredesteins also, again, because I like something new. So in the end, to keep it to the point, the GY Gen3 has seen 2 months of use but already I have driven with a 40 cm regular snowcover. On steep roads, with all kinds of snow. It seems to do very well and I will never go back to exchanging summer and wintertyres. May be it is usefull if you live in a climate with lots of snow over prolonged period times, since the best wintertyres are still better combined with a rather"sporty" drivestyle. But I even in the Alps etc these tires woudl be fine as long as you don't push it. If the Gen3 wears off in 50000 km I will no doubt jump to the Vredesteins though. Hope it helps.
2 - tyre reviewed on January 15, 2021
Given 97% while driving a Audi A3 Sportback (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Recently bought Gen3 > Dry Grip is good. > Snow drive is super . Ice Grip is very Good > Wet performence is excellent. Really Happy with the performence > Last time i used bridgestone weather controll a005,These tyres are super but week in snow but in wet performence beautifull.
3 - tyre reviewed on January 5, 2021
Trying to pick the very best winter tyre? Watch this!
Given 93% while driving a Honda Civic (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 250 average miles
Recently replaced budget summer tyres with these. Due to travel across the UK during winter & have been caught out before using summer tyres in the winter conditions. As the tests have suggested these are very capable on wet & dry, good braking & cornering, though you do notice sportiness is reduced a little bit in comparison with Summer tyres. Noise levels are the same & comfort is identical, though I imagine you would notice a difference if you switched from premium summer tyres. I was going to hold off on posting this but we've just had our first bout of snow which left the early morning roads with a slushy and slick surface, particularly where I live and the council don't seem to bother gritting the roads. Would have been bricking it on summer tyres but I had zero loss of traction using these. Will update if/when we get heavier snow or worse conditions & once some wear has occurred.
7 - tyre reviewed on December 6, 2020
Given 92% while driving a Skoda (235/45 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 500 spirited miles
Great tyres! I changed the tyres 3 weeks ago and switched from summer Pirelli Cinturato P7, which came with my new Skoda. The car is with DCC, which I use in comfort mode. Immediately after I changed the tyres I feel the difference. the car became much more comfortable and quiet. Especially on weared and cracked road surfaces. When going over bumps, the car is feeling smooth and soft. There is not any more typical noises from suspension and much less road noises can be heard. I drove in autumn conditions in range +3 to +25 DEG Celsius. The grip below +15 DEG is much better than with the summer tyres, in all conditions - wet, dry, muddy. Between 15 and 20 DEG, the grip is similar like P7. Above 20 DEG, V4 Gen3 start feeling more soft than needed and start "floating" on the pattern's blocks when cornering. Braking grip is also excellent in all conditions till now. In addition to quietness, would like to add that on extremely wet surface there is not typical for most winter patterns high frequencies noises when accelerating, caused by water extraction from the pattern in the contact spots. In regards with the tests published on this website I would confirm that the tyres are very close to best winter tyres performance on dry and wet below 15 DEG (based on my previous experience with winter Goodyear, Continental, Semperit, Kleber, Toyo etc, which I drove on my previous cars). After I collect some experience on snow and ice, I will update this review. And after at least a full year I can evaluate the wear of the tyres, til now the tyres are quite new and I cannot make evaluation. I hope that in hot summer in Bulgaria tyres will survive in 40++ DEG and will save elasticity for the next few years. As major drawback I will note the price. Currently the model is very new and I have to wait for 2 weeks after the order. The price is higher than on Michelin CC+ here in Bulgaria and even PILOT ALPIN 5, which are the most expensive tyres for normal road cars. At the end would like to give my huge LIKE on www.tyrereviews.co.uk, which are making our choice of tyres much easier with the information and tests published here :-) ! Thank You Tyrereviews!
9 - tyre reviewed on November 17, 2020
Given 86% while driving a Kia Motors Stonic (185/65 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
Been using the 3rd gen since 2 months ago. I would say that they are better than the 2nd gen in every aspect. Better on snow/ice than the Michelin CrossclimatePlus that's for sure. But a bitt worse than the CrossclimatePlus on dry and wear wise. Still since the CrossclimatePlus is pretty unstable on snow/ice , this is the real all season tyre to go with.
27 - tyre reviewed on September 3, 2020

See all 6 customer reviews of the Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen 3 (newest first) >>