Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen 3

The Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen-3 provides improved grip for better handling on snow. The large amount of sipes at the center of the tyre’s tread provide for better snow biting, improving handling on snow by 5% in comparison to the previous Vector 4Seasons Gen-2.

Goodyear’s Dry Handling technology provides strong crown and shoulder blocks that reduce the deformation of the tyre during heavy maneuvers improving dry braking by 5%.

The Vector 4Seasons Gen-3 also maintains its predecessor’s impressive level of aquaplaning resistance thanks to Goodyear’s Aqua Control technology, which uses deep and wide grooves to improve water dispersion.

The new Vector 4Seasons Gen-3 was introduced as of April 2020, with 65 new SKUs to be progressively introduced in 2020 and further SKUs to follow in 2021 and 2022.

This tyre replaced the Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons Gen 2.

Tyre review data from 10 tyre reviews averaging 89% over 31,775 miles driven.

The Vector 4Seasons Gen 3 is ranked 5th of 40 All Season Premium Touring tyres.

2020 Auto Bild All Season Tyre Test - 1st of 16 tyres

• Positive - New all season tyre with convincing performance in all weather conditions. Dynamic snow, wet and dry handling, high mileage.
  • Negative - None mentioned.

2020 All Season Tyre Market Overview - 32 Tyre Braking Test - 4th of 33 tyres

2020 Auto Express All Season Tyre Test - 2nd of 6 tyres

• Positive - Good snow performance, high levels of grip in the wet, low rolling resistance,
  • Negative - Average dry performance.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen 3

Questions and Answers for the Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen 3

2020-07-02 - I bought a brand new set of this tyres for my Audi A3, size 225/45 R17, to replace my 7 year old winter tyres. Now I can hear a very obvious bumping noise coming from tyres, at about 40 to 50km/h. I can kind of feel it on the steering wheel too. Never heard that before with any winter nor all-season tyres, let alone summer tyres. Two separate garages checked the car, including Audi, and said they could no find anything wrong, and that the noise may be normal for those tyres. Can this be the case? Has anyone had the same experience with these tyres? I am really quite unhappy with them.

This is certainly not the fault of the tyres, unless they've been stored incorrectly and have gone "out of round" or been damaged internally. I'd keep complaining to the garage! One option would be to have the fronts and rears swapped to see if the noise moves, and if so you know there's a wheel / tyre issue.

2020-10-31 - Been looking at these to fit on a Gen 10 Honda Civic 1.5 turbo which is a reasonably quick car and has good handling, I am just a little concerned regarding dry braking, do these tyre make an appreciable difference compared to the OE tyres which are Michelin Primacy 3?

Check out our all season tyre test which has a reference summer tyre in to show you the difference between this and a summer tyre.

2021-05-25 - I have to fit my Hyundai Tucson with new tires. I have to choose between Goodyear 4season Gen 3 and Michelin crossclimate plus. My main focus is on treadlife and dry and wet performance. What should I choose?

The two tyres seem to be relatively similar in wear, the Michelin better in the dry and the Goodyear has the edge in the wet. If you've not seen it, check out our all season tyre test from 2020 as that should give you all the details.

Vector 4Seasons Gen 3 Prices

YouTube Review

Top 3 Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen 3 Reviews

Given 86% while driving a Mazda 6 Wagon (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 25 spirited miles
Bought a set of Gen 2s 2 years ago. Done about 25k miles on them. Had them rotated 3 times. Have driven in blistering heat, freezing temperatures and torrential rain. They have always felt well planted and feedback from the tryes has been good. I have used them on motorways, welsh A and B roads, grass and mud but never got the chance to try them in the snow and ice which is the main reason I got them. Maybe this year as I am going to fit some Gen3s in a few weeks. What I will say is this is the first set of tyres where I have NEVER picked up a puncture. Whether I have just been lucky or the different tread design from normal road tyres with radial groves has been a factor, I don't know. Thoroughly recommend these.
57 - tyre reviewed on August 14, 2020
Given 86% while driving a Kia Motors Stonic (185/65 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
Been using the 3rd gen since 2 months ago. I would say that they are better than the 2nd gen in every aspect. Better on snow/ice than the Michelin CrossclimatePlus that's for sure. But a bitt worse than the CrossclimatePlus on dry and wear wise. Still since the CrossclimatePlus is pretty unstable on snow/ice , this is the real all season tyre to go with.
33 - tyre reviewed on September 3, 2020
Given 92% while driving a Skoda (235/45 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 500 spirited miles
Great tyres! I changed the tyres 3 weeks ago and switched from summer Pirelli Cinturato P7, which came with my new Skoda. The car is with DCC, which I use in comfort mode. Immediately after I changed the tyres I feel the difference. the car became much more comfortable and quiet. Especially on weared and cracked road surfaces. When going over bumps, the car is feeling smooth and soft. There is not any more typical noises from suspension and much less road noises can be heard. I drove in autumn conditions in range +3 to +25 DEG Celsius. The grip below +15 DEG is much better than with the summer tyres, in all conditions - wet, dry, muddy. Between 15 and 20 DEG, the grip is similar like P7. Above 20 DEG, V4 Gen3 start feeling more soft than needed and start "floating" on the pattern's blocks when cornering. Braking grip is also excellent in all conditions till now. In addition to quietness, would like to add that on extremely wet surface there is not typical for most winter patterns high frequencies noises when accelerating, caused by water extraction from the pattern in the contact spots. In regards with the tests published on this website I would confirm that the tyres are very close to best winter tyres performance on dry and wet below 15 DEG (based on my previous experience with winter Goodyear, Continental, Semperit, Kleber, Toyo etc, which I drove on my previous cars). After I collect some experience on snow and ice, I will update this review. And after at least a full year I can evaluate the wear of the tyres, til now the tyres are quite new and I cannot make evaluation. I hope that in hot summer in Bulgaria tyres will survive in 40++ DEG and will save elasticity for the next few years. As major drawback I will note the price. Currently the model is very new and I have to wait for 2 weeks after the order. The price is higher than on Michelin CC+ here in Bulgaria and even PILOT ALPIN 5, which are the most expensive tyres for normal road cars. At the end would like to give my huge LIKE on www.tyrereviews.co.uk, which are making our choice of tyres much easier with the information and tests published here :-) ! Thank You Tyrereviews!
21 - tyre reviewed on November 17, 2020
Have you driven on the Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen 3 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen 3? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen 3 >

Latest Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen 3 Reviews

Given 100% while driving a Mitsubishi L300 Delica Frankia camper (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
1st I will start by saying that the car (it is a camper van L300 Mitsubishi) previously had the vector 4 from 2004 and on break test for annual technical inspection they still performed, while driving still decent in the summer and the wet, no cracks, no air loss, slight grip loss, this were 17 years old! Now I got the gen 3 DOT 2021 as expected, of course due to them being new as well but, they do great in every way.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 1, 2021
Audi Audi a8 4.2 d3 quattro (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Bought a set of four 235 55 17 W. The handling and poise is not as good as the previous several summer tyres. The worst thing is the noise. They make a horrible noise in an otherwise silent car. Like 4 blow torches. It is not super load but is as annoying typed of sound that has never been there before. Would not buy again.
10 - tyre reviewed on February 21, 2021
Want the best performance tyre? Click here!
Given 83% while driving a Citroën C3 (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
Fitted these tyres after the Manufacturer Standard Michelin Primacy 3s proved to be an absolute liability in winter. In terms of day to day use a great tyre. I can't comment on feedback or lack of it because the car doesn't have any to begin with it's not that sort of car. But in terms of a tyre that in cold, hot or wet conditions provides no nasty surprises it's spot on. Also a soft riding tyre which is good for taking the edge off expanding gaps etc. Rolling noise is no worse than the summers that were on, if anything may be a little bit quieter. In general in normal conditions a lovely stable safe tyre, if not the most fun thing I'd imagine. In winter conditions absolutely great, they are not magic by any means, you know you are on snow and ice but they provide more than enough grip for the esp, tcs and abs to work with. As a result rather than these systems hindering your progress by killing any forward movement at all or removing all braking force trying to keep the wheels rolling they become useful. Had the "luck" to find myself on a sheet of ice on a single track road heading towards another car who was also on ice and we were going to meet at the bottom of a dip. Pressed the brake, ABS kicked in but the car slowed and I could steer out of his way. I then managed to pull away out of the dip on sheet ice without much interference from the traction control. They also work well snow as well.
5 - tyre reviewed on January 31, 2021
Given 80% while driving a Toyota Corolla (195/60 R15 V) on mostly country roads for 2,000 average miles
I have used the following allseasontyres since 2010, always with the ThreePeak SnowFlake symbol (for what that is worth since the differences between all these tires can be very significant). Quatrac3 Vredestein (little to complain about) Quatrac5 Vredestein (dito) Goodyear Vector 4S Gen2 (even better) Goodyear Vector 4S Gen3 (a little bit better). I am a weatherhobbyist and weahterphotographer and therefor: I go out when others mostly don't. So I need reliable tires. I live in The Netherlands where some winters have 70 days with a snowcover and other winters just 5 (well that is happening since 2014) or even less. Also we can have 10+ and rain in winter (also mainly the last decades) and we can have -20 in March. Or snow in April. In summer we get huge thunderstorms with torrential rains etcetc. A climate very common in NW Europe liek Germany and Denmark, our winters are colder than in most of the UK and surely Ireland though and in cold winters it is a lot colder. So I do not avoid difficult conditions, the opposite is true. With Quatrac3 everything was already fine, but on very compacted snow it was like a summertire all of a sudden. With the Quatrac5 I expected the same, yet it was better. Both Vredesteins btw excelled in longevity: they took me 70000 km. So why go for the Goodyear? Simple: because I like to try new things and these were consistently at toppositions in reviews whereas Vredestein was hit and miss depending on the review. Do I note a hige difference? No but there is a difference. Where the Vredesteins got me everywhere with no trouble, also under heavy snow, the GY G2 and now G3 are more stable. So sliding a bit to the left or right was noted on the Vredesteins but just not on the GY allseasons. Also the traction is still better. When compared to a summertire the difference with all these is, as everyone with a little kknowledge on the subject is aware off, nothing short of huge. It is completely irresponsible to drive with such tire son snow and I think allseasons even in our warming climate should be mandatory in winter. A strike down for the Gen2 GY tires is that hey did not nearly last me as long as the Vredesteins. I see that in the latest tests the Vredestein just edges the GY Gen3 out and is indeed the best. In my experience the GY Gen2 lasted me 45000 km. That is a pretty big difference in my view and seems to be quite a bit less than what I read in the reviews back in 2015 or 16. With Vredestein going from Quatrac Pro to Quatrac things seem to have changed: it is a symmetrical tyre and looks like a mix of Michelin Crossclimates and Goodyears (and continental). And the testresults are now on par with the GY Gen3. But since the wear seems even better I would probably opt for the Vredesteins also, again, because I like something new. So in the end, to keep it to the point, the GY Gen3 has seen 2 months of use but already I have driven with a 40 cm regular snowcover. On steep roads, with all kinds of snow. It seems to do very well and I will never go back to exchanging summer and wintertyres. May be it is usefull if you live in a climate with lots of snow over prolonged period times, since the best wintertyres are still better combined with a rather"sporty" drivestyle. But I even in the Alps etc these tires woudl be fine as long as you don't push it. If the Gen3 wears off in 50000 km I will no doubt jump to the Vredesteins though. Hope it helps.
11 - tyre reviewed on January 15, 2021
Given 97% while driving a Audi A3 Sportback (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Recently bought Gen3 > Dry Grip is good. > Snow drive is super . Ice Grip is very Good > Wet performence is excellent. Really Happy with the performence > Last time i used bridgestone weather controll a005,These tyres are super but week in snow but in wet performence beautifull.
5 - tyre reviewed on January 5, 2021
Given 93% while driving a Honda Civic (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 250 average miles
Recently replaced budget summer tyres with these. Due to travel across the UK during winter & have been caught out before using summer tyres in the winter conditions. As the tests have suggested these are very capable on wet & dry, good braking & cornering, though you do notice sportiness is reduced a little bit in comparison with Summer tyres. Noise levels are the same & comfort is identical, though I imagine you would notice a difference if you switched from premium summer tyres. I was going to hold off on posting this but we've just had our first bout of snow which left the early morning roads with a slushy and slick surface, particularly where I live and the council don't seem to bother gritting the roads. Would have been bricking it on summer tyres but I had zero loss of traction using these. Will update if/when we get heavier snow or worse conditions & once some wear has occurred.
10 - tyre reviewed on December 6, 2020