Falken Azenis FK520

The Falken FK520 is structurally stronger than the FK510 to improve steering precision and feedback, and is 10 percent lighter to improve unsprung mass and rolling resistance. It also improves dry and wet grip thanks to advanced compounding.

This tyre replaced the Falken Azenis FK510.

Tyre review data from 6 tyre reviews averaging 86% over 13,100 miles driven.

The Azenis FK520 is ranked 12th of 70 Summer Max Performance tyres.

Reports

2022 Auto Express Summer Tyre Test - 5th of 7 tyres

• Overall - The new Falken Azenis FK520 performed well in the dry and in the aquaplaning testing, but couldn't match the best in the wet grip tests of wet handling and braking.

2022 Tyre Tests

• 5th: 2022 Auto Express Summer Tyre Test (225/40 R18)
  • Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Falken Azenis FK520

Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Falken Azenis FK520. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top 3 Falken Azenis FK520 Reviews

Audi A3 2.0 TDI 140 (/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 100 average miles
    I was very surprised by the comfort of the new tyres. My previous tyres were the fk510 and they were hard as hell, felt every crack in the road. The handling in dry and wet conditions are very good, and the cars feels sporty and good in rhe tight curves. Hope they will last as long as fk510 (around 35k km)
    Helpful 122 - tyre reviewed on April 1, 2022
    Given 83% while driving a Skoda (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,500 spirited miles
    Great tyres, have them fitted to my Octavia vrs. They manage to find grip everywhere on every road surface I've tried over the last 1500 miles from freshly laid tarmac (usually greasy) to twisty country lanes covered in crap. They have spun a couple of times in the wet although that's to be expected with a torquey motor when you get on the throttle in 2nd. Handling characteristics are great, they are forgiving and let you know the before they give a bit of understeer.
    Helpful 4 - tyre reviewed on July 4, 2022
    Given 90% while driving a Volvo XC60 (235/65 R17) on mostly country roads for 2,000 average miles
    About a month ago I fitted a pair of the new Falken Azensis FK 520s to the front of my XC 60 D3 2wd. I have noticed a big improvement in the front-end feel with regard to the directness of steering and general smoothness on B roads. Really enjoyable to drive with these tyres and on a recent run-up to the Highlands of Scotland tank to tank filling came out at 45MPG which is better than before. Tyre size is 235 65 17
    Helpful 4 - tyre reviewed on July 13, 2022
    Have you driven on the Falken Azenis FK520 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Falken Azenis FK520? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Falken Azenis FK520 >

Latest Falken Azenis FK520 Reviews

Given 94% while driving a Volvo s60 D5 (163) (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 miles
    I have been running these on the back of my Volvo as a pair. They are comfortable for daily use and not noisy at all. In terms of grip in my opinion they do really well and when pushing on they are predictable and controllable in the dry. In the wet they are also very stable. Can't comment on longevity as have only had them for 3 months on the rear so wear will be minimal. For the cost can't complain at all- near enough "established premium" manufacturers for a far less cost. I'd definitely but again.
    Helpful 2 - tyre reviewed on July 22, 2022
    Given 83% while driving a Toyota avensis 2.2 D cat (225/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
    Saw a review of a person and want to share the totally opposite opinion with me. Have the tires since April 2022, drove them on dry, wet roads, highways, etc. My first impression is they need to be warm, they act very differently when driven after some time but this is kind of expected for UHP tires. I am a regular daily driver and they are OK, they definitely feel better once warmed up. Already had some tricky situations but grip was great and tires performed great. Would recommend them if you are doing moderate driving. For short daily commutes I would not recommend, you won’t get the best out of them.
    Helpful 3 - tyre reviewed on July 20, 2022
    Want your tyres to save you money on petrol? Click here!
    Given 80% while driving a Renault Megane RS265 (235/35 R19) on a combination of roads for 2,500 spirited miles
    Great tire in the dry, but not that good in the wet. After about 15 minutes or so of "spirited" driving on the dry B roads, the tires drastically lose their grip. They start squealing in the sharp corners when they previously didn't. I bought them because I wanted a "price-performance" tire and they do the job okay. If you're serious about driving I would choose Michelin Sport 4s or Continental SportContact 7. If I would be buying again, I wouldn't buy these tires and would just go for the more expensive tires. But if you are a casual driver I would totally recommend these tires.
    Helpful 3 - tyre reviewed on July 10, 2022