Falken Azenis FK520

The Falken FK520 is structurally stronger than the FK510 to improve steering precision and feedback, and is 10 percent lighter to improve unsprung mass and rolling resistance. It also improves dry and wet grip thanks to advanced compounding.

This tyre replaced the Falken Azenis FK510.

Tyre review data from 9 tyre reviews averaging 90% over 19,600 miles driven.

The Azenis FK520 is ranked 3rd of 70 Summer Max Performance tyres.

Reports

2022 Auto Express Summer Tyre Test - 5th of 7 tyres

• Overall - The new Falken Azenis FK520 performed well in the dry and in the aquaplaning testing, but couldn't match the best in the wet grip tests of wet handling and braking.

2022 Tyre Tests

• 5th: 2022 Auto Express Summer Tyre Test (225/40 R18)
  • Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Falken Azenis FK520

Questions and Answers for the Falken Azenis FK520

2022-08-29 - Just purchased and ordered 4 Falken Azenis FK520 for my 2015 7 series BMW, and I am fitting them next week. They are replacing my Goodyear asymmetric 2 that handle well but have worn quite badly. My car is a heavy high speed and I go quite fast on the motorway and I cover huge miles.
    There are very few reviews on your 520 tyre as it is new, and unlike the FK510, the reviews are not as encouraging. Your Azenis older FK510 has much better reviews fantastic grip in wet and dry and a seemingly better and more confident looking tread pattern than this new FK520 tyre, and I am wondering whether I have made the right decision. I have read all the advanced tech on the FK520 being stiffer and lighter but I am disappointed that wet braking and handling of the FK520 is lower than the FK510. I always expect that a new developed tyre should always be a significant improvement over the old one.
    You have extensively tested your FK520 on the race track so please kindly let me know the how performance characteristics of this tyre over the FK510.to your reply.

Here at Tyre Reviews we've yet to test the new FK520 but we have every confidence in Falken delivering a tyre that performs better than its predecessor the FK510. The FK520 has only been in one proper test so far where it still finished ahead of a Pirelli tyre so we expect the tyre to perform at least as well as the FK510 did when it's tested more in 2023.

Top 3 Falken Azenis FK520 Reviews

Audi A3 2.0 TDI 140 (/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 100 average miles
    I was very surprised by the comfort of the new tyres. My previous tyres were the fk510 and they were hard as hell, felt every crack in the road. The handling in dry and wet conditions are very good, and the cars feels sporty and good in rhe tight curves. Hope they will last as long as fk510 (around 35k km)
    Helpful 133 - tyre reviewed on April 1, 2022
    Given 90% while driving a Volvo XC60 (235/65 R17) on mostly country roads for 2,000 average miles
    About a month ago I fitted a pair of the new Falken Azensis FK 520s to the front of my XC 60 D3 2wd. I have noticed a big improvement in the front-end feel with regard to the directness of steering and general smoothness on B roads. Really enjoyable to drive with these tyres and on a recent run-up to the Highlands of Scotland tank to tank filling came out at 45MPG which is better than before. Tyre size is 235 65 17
    Helpful 9 - tyre reviewed on July 13, 2022
    Given 80% while driving a Renault Megane RS265 (235/35 R19) on a combination of roads for 2,500 spirited miles
    Great tire in the dry, but not that good in the wet. After about 15 minutes or so of "spirited" driving on the dry B roads, the tires drastically lose their grip. They start squealing in the sharp corners when they previously didn't. I bought them because I wanted a "price-performance" tire and they do the job okay. If you're serious about driving I would choose Michelin Sport 4s or Continental SportContact 7. If I would be buying again, I wouldn't buy these tires and would just go for the more expensive tires. But if you are a casual driver I would totally recommend these tires.
    Helpful 8 - tyre reviewed on July 10, 2022
    Have you driven on the Falken Azenis FK520 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Falken Azenis FK520? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Falken Azenis FK520 >

Latest Falken Azenis FK520 Reviews

Given 95% while driving a Skoda (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 1,500 average miles
    Amazing in the dry! In the wet it's just as good. I faced a slippery road with good traction. From a comfortable end, it's very quiet. A little hard in potholes on the Greek roads, but the hard sides are to blame. However, they make the car feel like a train on rails when cornering. You feel like you've changed the suspension more sports. braking is perfect in the dry and in the wet. it warms up relatively quickly and then it's a different tire!
    Helpful 1 - tyre reviewed on November 23, 2022
    Given 96% while driving a Land Rover Range Rover Evoque (245/45 R20) on mostly country roads for 5,000 spirited miles
    Have Range Rover Evoque, enjoying with 520’s Go even off-road with them, but mostly stay on road. Have them 5000 km and I will stay with Falken for sure. Now I bought Wildepeak AT3 WA for the winter. Will buy again, price was very good to.
    Helpful 2 - tyre reviewed on November 12, 2022
    All Season VS Winter Tyres: What is REALLY Best?! Click to find out!
    Given 100% while driving a Mercedes Benz E430 (235/40 R18) on mostly motorways for 0 average miles
    I practice a more relaxed driving style. At the same time, when overtaking with a car with a powerful V8 engine, the tires are stable and precisely controlled, even in rainy weather conditions! The tires are very quiet, cabin noise became significantly less compared to Sailun Atrezzo UHP tires that were before. Of course, the price tag is more expensive than Sailun's, but it's worth it. The especially good news is that living in Estonia, September is already cool, the road surface is also colder, as a result of which the Sailun tire became hard, started to make a lot of internal noise and handling became worse (10-15C°). The Falken Azensis 520, on the other hand, has not changed its good qualities at these temperatures! This adds to tire grip on the autumn road and safer driving. I definitely recommend using these tires, especially for those who drive a lot on roads, because there the speeds of movement are high and the characteristics of the tire are more important.
    Helpful 2 - tyre reviewed on September 5, 2022
    Given 94% while driving a Volvo s60 D5 (163) (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 miles
    I have been running these on the back of my Volvo as a pair. They are comfortable for daily use and not noisy at all. In terms of grip in my opinion they do really well and when pushing on they are predictable and controllable in the dry. In the wet they are also very stable. Can't comment on longevity as have only had them for 3 months on the rear so wear will be minimal. For the cost can't complain at all- near enough "established premium" manufacturers for a far less cost. I'd definitely but again.
    Helpful 6 - tyre reviewed on July 22, 2022
    Given 83% while driving a Toyota avensis 2.2 D cat (225/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
    Saw a review of a person and want to share the totally opposite opinion with me. Have the tires since April 2022, drove them on dry, wet roads, highways, etc. My first impression is they need to be warm, they act very differently when driven after some time but this is kind of expected for UHP tires. I am a regular daily driver and they are OK, they definitely feel better once warmed up. Already had some tricky situations but grip was great and tires performed great. Would recommend them if you are doing moderate driving. For short daily commutes I would not recommend, you won’t get the best out of them.
    Helpful 8 - tyre reviewed on July 20, 2022
    Given 83% while driving a Skoda (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,500 spirited miles
    Great tyres, have them fitted to my Octavia vrs. They manage to find grip everywhere on every road surface I've tried over the last 1500 miles from freshly laid tarmac (usually greasy) to twisty country lanes covered in crap. They have spun a couple of times in the wet although that's to be expected with a torquey motor when you get on the throttle in 2nd. Handling characteristics are great, they are forgiving and let you know the before they give a bit of understeer.
    Helpful 7 - tyre reviewed on July 4, 2022