Bridgestone Potenza Sport

The Bridgestone Potenza Sport is the latest ultra high performance summer tyre by Bridgestone. It has been developed to offer the best cornering and straight line stability, best dry braking, and outstanding grip in the wet of any Bridgestone UHP tyre. The Potenza Sport will be available in 96 sizes from 17" to 22" to cover a wide range of passenger cars and on-road SUVs in the market.

This tyre replaced the Bridgestone Potenza S001.

Tyre review data from 44 tyre reviews averaging 84% over 129,710 miles driven.

The Potenza Sport is ranked 16th of 64 Summer Max Performance tyres.

2021 Auto Bild 19 inch Summer Tyre Test - 2nd of 15 tyres

• Positive - New sports pattern with direct steering and balanced handling, excellent dry handling, short wet and dry braking distances.
  • Negative - Slightly higher noise.
  • Overall - Highly Recommended.

2021 Sport Auto UHP Summer Tyre Test - 2nd of 8 tyres

• Positive - Very high level of grip in the wet and in particular the dry. Direct steering response and high steering precision during dry handling.
  • Negative - Somewhat sensitive to load changes in the wet, increased aquaplaning risks in curves, increased rolling resistance.
  • Overall - The new Potenza Sport excels in the dry, with a slight aquaplaning weakness.

2021 Auto Bild UUHP Summer Tyre Test - 1st of 9 tyres

• Positive - The Potenza Sport is a new top class sports tyre with excellent handling in the dry and wet, precise steering response, good balance, shortest wet and dry braking distances and good aquaplaning properties.
  • Overall - Test Winner.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Bridgestone Potenza Sport

Questions and Answers for the Bridgestone Potenza Sport

2021-08-26 - Hi, just put the Bridgestone Potenza sport 225/40-18 and 255/35-18 on my Meredes slk 55 amg, 2006. On saturday (28/8-21) i go for a trackday in Sweden and wondering what tyre pressure this tyre need on track? OEM car recommend is 2,2 and 2,4 bar...

Aim for those pressures when hot, so drop down to 2bar, warm up and then reduce the pressure to match recommendation.

Potenza Sport Prices

YouTube Review

Top 3 Bridgestone Potenza Sport Reviews

Given 98% while driving a Kia Motors XCEED, 1.4 T GDI, MT, 2020 (235/35 R20) on mostly country roads for 500 spirited miles
I always had my cars on UUHP tires from Michelin, GY, Conti, and Bridgestone over the past 20+ years. This year I opted for Potenza Sport and I really love them. I can see that I made the right choice - the grip is simply relentless and fantastic feedback from the tires. Aquaplaning is also fantastic, considering how much faster I was able to push the car with confidence on autobahn during the pouring rain. Straight tracking is precise and the car is completely responsive to every input. Overall they feel like PZERO PZ4, but on a higher level in each discipline. Awesome tires and I recommend them 100%
92 - tyre reviewed on March 19, 2021
Given 70% while driving a Mazda MX5 (205/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 20,000 spirited miles
Good rim protection Good in dry poor in wet
61 - tyre reviewed on March 27, 2021
Given 59% while driving a Volkswagen Golf GTI MK7 (235/35 R19) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Awesome in the dry, loads of grip and good handling, pretty good in the wet too though don't like cold english mornings. DO NOT RUN THEM ON TRACK. They melt. I ruined the right front in about 15 laps. Ergo I won't be buying again. Normally tyres last me a few trackdays.
59 - tyre reviewed on July 15, 2021
Have you driven on the Bridgestone Potenza Sport tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Bridgestone Potenza Sport? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Bridgestone Potenza Sport >

Latest Bridgestone Potenza Sport Reviews

Given 93% while driving a BMW 323i (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 150 spirited miles
This time I thought I'd opt for the bridgestone potenza sports to get first hand experience of what they are actually like (all four tyres changed). I drive a 1996 E36 which has no driver aids (no TC and ABS removed) so can look to give some feedback on how this tyre responds. First impressions of it is that the steering response has definetly increased and the feedback is really confidence inspiring in dry and especially wet weather conditions. Brakes respond very well too very consistent pedal feel. I have yet to come across another tyre that performs as well as this does in the wet, where I have exceeded over triple digit figures over flooded surfaces and has maintained grip and composure at ease. The only con and this is literally nit picking would be the brakes are not the sharpest under heavy rain however this is not to take away its ability to brake in the wet. Overall so far so good I think its an excellent choice for anybody to consider especially in the UK.
5 - tyre reviewed on December 30, 2021
Given 80% while driving a Tesla Model 3 Performance (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
I had michelin PS4S T0 and now i have this ones. Overall they seem the same, the wet grip its a little better. but they are really noisy compared to the previews michelin
3 - tyre reviewed on December 6, 2021
Given 74% while driving a BMW 535xd (275/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 10 spirited miles
Pros: very strong performance on twisty roads with high speed. Stops very well on both dry and wet. Makes the car feel extremely stable. Not too noisy. Cons: the worst thing about this tyre is that it is almost fully worn for one season. My rear 275/40/18 rear tyres are almost completely done after 8 months or 16-17k km. Front tyres 245/45/18 look just fine and can be used 1 or 2 more seasons. Other negative side is the rough, bumpy ride. Yesterday, I put my winter Pirellis Sotozero on and now it rides like a boat. You can drive and chill
0 - tyre reviewed on November 30, 2021
Given 81% while driving a Jaguar XFR (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
I have had these on the rear of my XFR for a few months now, it has the optional "R-S" size of 295/30/20. They get a hard life on a heavy >500bhp RWD car with quite relaxed electronics, and these are by far the best tyres I have used on the rear of an XFR - various models of which have been my daily driver for 6.5 years now (about 90k miles covered in that time). Traction is superb in wet and dry conditions, and resistance to aquaplaning has been good as well. It is slightly concerning they come with
31 - tyre reviewed on November 22, 2021
Given 73% while driving a Volvo V40 D3 (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 7,000 spirited miles
I had driven a Michelin PS4 before and I had high expectations. In the rain, they aren’t as convincing at first until they warm up. Much higher wear than promised, I hope they last 2 seasons.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 17, 2021
Given 57% while driving a Peugeot 208 GTi (205/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
I have these tyres on my car last six months. When they were brand new the grip was great, I also did two track days with them, although with just a couple of quick laps at both of them. Grip levels and handling are very good while driving on the track, but nowhere close to that on public roads now after six months and 10 000 km I have driven on them. Front wheels are spinning in second gear at full throttle on some occassions when the tarmac is not so sticky (which didn't happen on my old and worn PremiumContact 6 so much), it feels like it's already worn out while it isn't, and now in autumn it feels like driving on ice when rain falls down. They feel plastic. Tyre reviews tested them on the track with two other brands, and while the Michelin PS4S and Goodyear Eagle F1 SS lost about 5 and 4 percent of its original thread, Potenza Sport lost 40% of it. I definitely won't buy them again. If I don't want a compromise (like now because only situation when I have grip is on the track), then I will consider buying semi slicks instead.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 10, 2021
Given 53% while driving a Lotus Exige 350 SPORT (265/35 R18) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
With just 2500Km and 2 track session (50 minutes total) I had to change the rear tyres. Front tyres are also wearing very fast. Probably a decent tyre for road use but not good at all for sport / fast drive.
3 - tyre reviewed on October 26, 2021
Given 93% while driving a BMW M5 (285/35 R20) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
Running them on my F90 M5C I have much better steering feel and less under steer on track days. On mountain roads there isn’t much difference to the PS4S or PZ4 I had on before as you can really push the car on public roads, but on the track the grip and feel was amazing
9 - tyre reviewed on October 26, 2021
Given 87% while driving a SEAT Leon Cupra R 275bhp (225/40 R18) on mostly country roads for 5,000 spirited miles
I have used several tires on my cupra r michelin ps4 pzero pz4 and the potenza sport the potenza is much higher level of grip just need the break in to have all the potential of grip even if it wears out quickly max 5000km on the front axle but it must digest a lot of power I would take the potenza sport mmt even if it wears out faster than the other track type tires but once hot, great grip even at the limit
1 - tyre reviewed on September 30, 2021
Given 91% while driving a Audi A4 3.0 convertible (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 9,000 average miles
The best Tires of 2021. Before I had GOODYEAR Asy 5. I didn't like them at all. Neither dry nor wet. Switch to these Bridgestones and the difference is incredible. Much more grip in dry and wet. The best tires I have ever owned. They are impressive!!
11 - tyre reviewed on September 30, 2021
Given 84% while driving a BMW M140i (225/40 R18) on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
Fun to drive tyre. Less understeer compared to Michelin Pilot Supersport. But they wear really fast.
5 - tyre reviewed on September 25, 2021
Given 90% while driving a BMW E39 M5 (275/35 R18) on a combination of roads for 3,000 spirited miles
I run original E39 M5 wheels with oe size 245/40 R18 front and 275/35 R18 rear. Bridgestone Potenza Sport on both axles. I can't praise these tires enough. The grip is insane! I can floor it in 1st, and there is no wheelspin at all! Even on wet roads! With other tires, the car has been kind of a burnout machine, but the Potenza Sports tames it. They run pretty wide for a 275, so the outside of the rear tires touch the fender ever so slightly on full suspension compression. I haven't dared testing the cornering limit of the tires on public roads, but I have tried cornering on the limit of my own bravery, and the tires just grip. Wet roads is no problem either. The tires offer confident handling and gives good feedback. Very stable at all speeds, but on very worn (thanks to people with studded winter tires) asphalt there can be a hint of tramlining. Not as much as expected, considering the sharp shoulders of the tires, and doesn't feel scary. Comfort is ok. Not great, not bad. A lot of external noise, but the car is pretty quiet inside, except on old rough asphalt. Sadly they have already started ozone cracking slightly. That's disappointing for a tire in this price range. It's not because of washing chemicals or sun, as the ozone cracks is even apparent on the inside. The tires also get pretty brown, and the only thing I've found that makes them black again is Carpro Perl (water based tire shine, mixed 1:1 with water). The ozone cracks started appearing before I used any tire shine. Either way, I'm blown away with the performance of these tires. Wear is also very acceptable, with the rears down to 4,8mm on the inside, and 5,5mm on the outside (measured 6,3mm on the inner groove when they were new). The fronts are at around 5,5mm. Pretty good for a heavy and relatively powerful car on grippy sport tires over 3000 enthusiastic miles. I'm pretty sure I will buy another set of the same tires when they wear out.
11 - tyre reviewed on August 23, 2021