Bridgestone Potenza Sport

The Bridgestone Potenza Sport is the latest ultra high performance summer tyre by Bridgestone. It has been developed to offer the best cornering and straight line stability, best dry braking, and outstanding grip in the wet of any Bridgestone UHP tyre. The Potenza Sport will be available in 96 sizes from 17" to 22" to cover a wide range of passenger cars and on-road SUVs in the market.

This tyre replaced the Bridgestone Potenza S001.

Tyre review data from 70 tyre reviews averaging 83% over 261,033 miles driven.

The Potenza Sport is ranked 20th of 72 Summer Max Performance tyres.

In Depth Tyre Comparisons

2022 Tyre Reviews UUHP Summer Tyre Test - 3rd of 10 tyres

• Positive - Excellent in the dry with quick handling and sharp steering, very good in the wet.
  • Negative - Low aquaplaning resistance, high levels of noise, lowest comfort on test, highest rolling resistance on test.
  • Overall - The Bridgestone Potenza Sport continues to be an exciting tyre to drive, with sporty handling and excellent dynamic properties in the dry and wet. This does compromise the aquaplaning ability, comfort levels and rolling resistance of the tyre, and as the only tyre with the starting tread depth below 7mm, this is a tyre for the enthusiast that prioritises driving enjoyment.

2022 AutoBild 19 Inch Summer UHP Tyre Test - 6th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Convincing sports tyres with good security reserves, dynamic handling, direct steering.
  • Negative - SLightly longer wet braking distances.

2022 Sport Auto All Season Tyre Test - 7th of 8 tyres

• Positive - Reference summer tire with high grip and cornering potential on dry and wet roads. Reliable only at higher road surface temperatures above +10°C.
  • Negative - Insufficient grip on snow. In the wet tests at +8°C, frequent loss of grip and sudden breakaway. Hard, rumbling rolling on edges and joints due to the temperature, comparatively high rolling resistance.

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Bridgestone Potenza Sport

Questions and Answers for the Bridgestone Potenza Sport

2021-08-26 - Hi, just put the Bridgestone Potenza sport 225/40-18 and 255/35-18 on my Meredes slk 55 amg, 2006. On saturday (28/8-21) i go for a trackday in Sweden and wondering what tyre pressure this tyre need on track? OEM car recommend is 2,2 and 2,4 bar...

Aim for those pressures when hot, so drop down to 2bar, warm up and then reduce the pressure to match recommendation.

YouTube Review

Top 3 Bridgestone Potenza Sport Reviews

Given 81% while driving a Jaguar XFR (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
I have had these on the rear of my XFR for a few months now, it has the optional "R-S" size of 295/30/20. They get a hard life on a heavy >500bhp RWD car with quite relaxed electronics, and these are by far the best tyres I have used on the rear of an XFR - various models of which have been my daily driver for 6.5 years now (about 90k miles covered in that time). Traction is superb in wet and dry conditions, and resistance to aquaplaning has been good as well. It is slightly concerning they come with
Helpful 350 - tyre reviewed on November 22, 2021
Given 98% while driving a Kia Motors XCEED, 1.4 T GDI, MT, 2020 (235/35 R20) on mostly country roads for 500 spirited miles
I always had my cars on UUHP tires from Michelin, GY, Conti, and Bridgestone over the past 20+ years. This year I opted for Potenza Sport and I really love them. I can see that I made the right choice - the grip is simply relentless and fantastic feedback from the tires. Aquaplaning is also fantastic, considering how much faster I was able to push the car with confidence on autobahn during the pouring rain. Straight tracking is precise and the car is completely responsive to every input. Overall they feel like PZERO PZ4, but on a higher level in each discipline. Awesome tires and I recommend them 100%
Helpful 115 - tyre reviewed on March 19, 2021
Given 59% while driving a Volkswagen Golf GTI MK7 (235/35 R19) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Awesome in the dry, loads of grip and good handling, pretty good in the wet too though don't like cold english mornings. DO NOT RUN THEM ON TRACK. They melt. I ruined the right front in about 15 laps. Ergo I won't be buying again. Normally tyres last me a few trackdays.
Helpful 93 - tyre reviewed on July 15, 2021
Have you driven on the Bridgestone Potenza Sport tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Bridgestone Potenza Sport? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Bridgestone Potenza Sport >

Latest Bridgestone Potenza Sport Reviews

Given 100% while driving a Mitsubishi Lancer 1.8 (Modified) (225/45 R18) on mostly town for 500 spirited miles
A Spartan review => Excellent grip both dry and wet ! Excellent on corners ! Excellent on brakes also ! Doesnt care about wear just need the performance and they did perfect ! Replace my old Yokohama advan neova AD08R, also excellent tires ! Strongly recommend this Potenza Sport tire !
Helpful 2 - tyre reviewed on January 24, 2023
Given 80% while driving a Jaguar Jaguar XE (255/35 R19) on mostly country roads for 7,000 spirited miles
Great sports tyres. Mounted on jaguar xe awd in the sizes: Front 225/40 r19y; Rear 255/35 r19y. Hard shoulders, therefore uncomfortable for tour guides, but steering as sharp as a blade. Slightly noisy. Seal of 10 and praise on dry and wet. Wear: I don't think I do more than 20/25 thousand km. Driving style: sporty. Recommended for driving pleasure and sporty driving, for touring speeds choose other tyres.
Helpful 3 - tyre reviewed on December 16, 2022
All Season VS Winter Tyres: What is REALLY Best?! Click to find out!
Given 59% while driving a BMW 330CD (255/35 R18) on mostly country roads for 4,000 easy going miles
Purchased these tyres instead of Bridgestone potenza S001 never again these have been the worst tyres I have ever bought in 25 years only lasted 4000 miles not even a year with normal driving conditions as a family car !! Avoid unless you have money to waste its put me off buying anymore tyres from Bridgestone
Helpful 6 - tyre reviewed on November 9, 2022
Given 90% while driving a Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0, 200hp RWD (225/40 R19) on mostly motorways for 6,000 spirited miles
225/40R18 & 255/35R19 Dry : very good with precise steering but when driving hard they seem to wear prety quick. Wet : very good once warmed, i was surprised when i had to do an emergency braking on a cold rainy morning but nothing dangerous. Wear : I drove them for 10'000km, 5.5mm in the front and 5mm in the rear after that.
Helpful 6 - tyre reviewed on October 26, 2022
Given 85% while driving a Honda DC5 INTEGRA TYPE R (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 100 spirited miles
I've had these for a few days now to replace my old economy tyres that came with my new wheels as I do a lot of spirited driving around the extremely twisty mountain roads in Victoria. First impressions are that my car has so much more grip it is unbelievable, especially being they are suited for hot weather and Australia has plenty of that. I observed that the car is extremely confidence expiring around turns, which I can take at 15kmh per hour more or even more, keep in mind these turns are not wide high speed sweepers but rather extremely sharp lower speed corners and the amount of turn in I get with these at the front is unbelievable. Paired with my stiff suspension and sway bar set up, the car rotates extremely well into a car, and maintains grip in the middle of the turn with no worry. Being that my car is FF, I get a bit of wheel spin if I floor it out of a corner, but now the tyres just hook but also causes a bit of torque steer which is of no fault of the tyres, but a FF car. I can't even get my wheels to spin if I launch at 4k rpm, despite having a k24 with much greater low end power.

Braking is mind-blowing, even at half throttle braking, the car will break so hard you're head will go flying forward, and with full braking, the car will break so hard and come to a full stop from 100 in a blink of an eye, so fast that it is very easy for the rear to get extremely light to the point where it gets squirrelly in the rear even with a almost perfect straight line stop. Honestly braking in the dry is a 10/10 for me and so is the handling. The feedback is unbelievable and personally I am not too fussy about comfort as I daily this car and it has very stiff suspension for a daily street car.

I have not yet to test them in the wet nor do I have enough mileage in them to give a review. But in my short time using these they are unbelievable and a major step up from my old tyre and also re003's which I had in the past and also pilot sport 4's which were much comfier but performed worse in braking and handling, but especially the feedback. These are also much cheaper. So far I am in love, but am concerned with wear reading the other reviews, especially since I take it to the mountains usually 2-3 times a week but worse wear comes with the territory in these categories of tyres.

I plan on replacing these with Goodyear F1 A5's after these wear out to give a comparison.
Helpful 6 - tyre reviewed on October 21, 2022
Given 70% while driving a Audi TT (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Fitted to a 3.2 DSG Mk1 TT so a heavy car for the size. The Sports are excellent but possibly still too burly for a small, higher performance car. The grips levels are good in the dry, excellent in the wet. They are comfortable and quite quiet. I do feel they that they promote an understeer bias and I suspect that oversteer would be predictable but limited, I don't think the feedback in them is great. The wear and value are excellent and I would highly recommend them on any platform..... other than a TT. For year round use in the UK, particularly autumn and winter, I expect them to be excellent although I'm not sure how the compound will compare when the temperatures drop closer to zero for a few months.
Helpful 2 - tyre reviewed on October 14, 2022
Given 94% while driving a Volkswagen 2009 Mk1 Golf Rox 1.4i (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
I have 2 of these on the front tires and Pirelli p Zero back. Excellent handling in dry weather. Also when I use the brakes very hard.
Helpful 2 - tyre reviewed on October 9, 2022
Given 84% while driving a Opel ASTRA H 1.6 TURBO (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 7,000 spirited miles
Most grippy tire you can buy for this tire size. I had the Hankook S1 Evo3 before, they were already very good, but this takes it to another level, almost semi slick performance. The only downside is that they wear pretty fast, I think they will do about 25000km.
Helpful 2 - tyre reviewed on October 3, 2022
Given 84% while driving a Renault Laguna 3 (225/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
I had it as front tyres for about 4 months on a modified Renault laguna making around 220hp and that's how much they lived. The dry grip was excellent and even the wet was ok. If the wear wasn't so bad, would recommend it.
Helpful 2 - tyre reviewed on September 29, 2022
Given 90% while driving a Porsche Cayman (235/40 R18) on mostly country roads for 1,200 spirited miles
By far this is the best tyre I've ever owned, so far. I drove my Cayman only on mountain twisty roads, as that was my "sunday car" and fitting those tyres completely changed my car. With Potenza Sport you get a semi-slick tyre looking like a "normal" UHP everyday tyre which you can run silently on a motorway or enjoy in the worst (or best) racing scenario. I couldn't believe such a sporty (steering feeling is amazing), grippy (no matter whether tyre is cold, warm or overheated, it GRIPS!) and yet comfortable tyre coud exist on earth!
Helpful 5 - tyre reviewed on September 25, 2022
Given 83% while driving a Porsche Cayman s (265/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Outstanding UUHP tyre. Sharp on the steering with excellent feedback in both the dry and wet. Grip is exceptional once warmed up (takes a few miles to build temperature) and the performance on a wet road is incredible.

Downsides are the tyre has high road noise and transmits sudden shocks into the chassis rather than absorbing in the tyre, not too bad if you have decent damping but something to be aware of if you value comfort and noise. Very much a "sporty" tyre for everyday driving without being too track focussed (ie normal road driving gets enough heat into the tyre to "switch on" the grip)

Cannot comment on wear as only put 2k miles on, but good to see tread depth and the small about of sipes go all the way to the base of the tyre which suggest performance should stay reasonably consistent over the life of the tyre. Tyre wear seems average for a UUHP tyre based on current wear rates.
Helpful 2 - tyre reviewed on September 22, 2022
Given 89% while driving a Honda Civic Type R (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 12 spirited miles
After Potenza s001 I choosed the newest production of Bridgestone POTENZA SPORT. So, this tire looks very good choice for some one how have high expectations from his car. Very good both for dry and wet conditions, perfect handling to the limits, typical POTENZA'S hard side's with very good rim protection. The bad thing is the wear of this tire. At this point yes POTENZA SPORT doesn't looks so good like the previus s001's and RE050a's. After 12.000 kilometres SPORT'S looks bit tyred. General yes, i would buy it again
Helpful 4 - tyre reviewed on September 13, 2022