Bridgestone Potenza Sport

The Bridgestone Potenza Sport is the latest ultra high performance summer tyre by Bridgestone. It has been developed to offer the best cornering and straight line stability, best dry braking, and outstanding grip in the wet of any Bridgestone UHP tyre. The Potenza Sport will be available in 96 sizes from 17" to 22" to cover a wide range of passenger cars and on-road SUVs in the market.

This tyre replaced the Bridgestone Potenza S001.

Tyre review data from 25 tyre reviews averaging 89% over 43,550 miles driven.

The Potenza Sport is ranked 2nd of 63 Summer Max Performance tyres.

2021 Auto Bild 19 inch Summer Tyre Test - 2nd of 15 tyres

• Positive - New sports pattern with direct steering and balanced handling, excellent dry handling, short wet and dry braking distances.
  • Negative - Slightly higher noise.
  • Overall - Highly Recommended.

2021 Sport Auto UHP Summer Tyre Test - 2nd of 8 tyres

• Positive - Very high level of grip in the wet and in particular the dry. Direct steering response and high steering precision during dry handling.
  • Negative - Somewhat sensitive to load changes in the wet, increased aquaplaning risks in curves, increased rolling resistance.
  • Overall - The new Potenza Sport excels in the dry, with a slight aquaplaning weakness.

2021 Auto Bild UUHP Summer Tyre Test - 1st of 9 tyres

• Positive - The Potenza Sport is a new top class sports tyre with excellent handling in the dry and wet, precise steering response, good balance, shortest wet and dry braking distances and good aquaplaning properties.
  • Overall - Test Winner.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Bridgestone Potenza Sport
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Bridgestone Potenza Sport. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Potenza Sport Prices

YouTube Review

Top 3 Bridgestone Potenza Sport Reviews

Given 98% while driving a Kia Motors XCEED, 1.4 T GDI, MT, 2020 (235/35 R20) on mostly country roads for 500 spirited miles
I always had my cars on UUHP tires from Michelin, GY, Conti, and Bridgestone over the past 20+ years. This year I opted for Potenza Sport and I really love them. I can see that I made the right choice - the grip is simply relentless and fantastic feedback from the tires. Aquaplaning is also fantastic, considering how much faster I was able to push the car with confidence on autobahn during the pouring rain. Straight tracking is precise and the car is completely responsive to every input. Overall they feel like PZERO PZ4, but on a higher level in each discipline. Awesome tires and I recommend them 100%
71 - tyre reviewed on March 19, 2021
Given 70% while driving a Mazda MX5 (205/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 20,000 spirited miles
Good rim protection Good in dry poor in wet
40 - tyre reviewed on March 27, 2021
Given 91% while driving a BMW M140i (245/40 R18) on mostly country roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Perfect. Just a little Bit better in Every discipline as the Michelin Ps4 which i Drove before and didnt like when ist was cold.
34 - tyre reviewed on March 24, 2021
Have you driven on the Bridgestone Potenza Sport tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Bridgestone Potenza Sport? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Bridgestone Potenza Sport >

Latest Bridgestone Potenza Sport Reviews

Given 64% while driving a BMW M140i (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 700 spirited miles
Big dissappointment - I fitted the new Bridgestone Potenza Sport tyres mid April and with very low mileage on the road and around 70 miles on track the tyres are done and worn out.. - fabrics showing on the side wall…?! I did many track days previously with the S001 RFTs with no issues, so it is not due to car and/or driving style - Potenza Sport is simply not a tyre for track use - even for a lap or two…
1 - tyre reviewed on June 19, 2021
Given 99% while driving a BMW 325d (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Monstrous grip on dry or wet roads. Very direct and very precise steering. Very fun, track and road tires. A little noisier and less comfortable, but super sporty. Absolutely to try. We hope they have an acceptable duration.
4 - tyre reviewed on June 5, 2021
Want the best performance tyre? Click here!
Given 93% while driving a Volvo V60 D6 AWD (235/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 700 spirited miles
I really impressed about grips and initial feedback what I get my Volvo compact wagon. Last tyres in my Volvo was Bridgestone Potenza S001 and Potenza Sport is really another animal. Maybe noise is something that can be improved and after that this is 'the one' sport tyre.
3 - tyre reviewed on June 5, 2021
Given 85% while driving a Ford Sierra Cosworth 2wd (215/40 R17) on mostly country roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Comparing these to previous tyres: Michelin Pilot Sport 205/40-18, Ford Fiesta ST Michelin Pilot Sport 4 205/55-16, Ford Mondeo 2.2 TDCi Nokian Hakka Blue 205/55-16, Ford Mondeo 2.2 TDCi Federal 595 RS-R 205/50-15, Ford Sierra Cosworth 4x4 Toyo Proxes T1R 225/35-16, Ford Sierra XR4x4, Ford Cougar As you might have guessed, only the PS4 in the Fiesta is really comparable on most conditions, but I could mention that the levels of grip seem to be far out of reach of Federal & Toyo on the dry, and incomparable in the wet. In noise & comfort the Potenza Sport in this size loses to the PS4 in 16" but ties with it in 18". When the tyre is cold, it doesn't grip. Good news is that it only takes a few kilometres to warm up, as long as the outside temperature is above 10 °C. At normal driving temperatures, grip is equal or superior to that of PS4 even in the wet. When the traction is lost, it feels a bit sharper than with the Michelin. PS4 might be a friendlier tyre all around, but PS feels like it has an advantage in traction. Will update this after a trackday.
6 - tyre reviewed on May 28, 2021
Given 81% while driving a Volkswagen Golf 7 GTD (225/40 R18) on mostly country roads for 1,000 spirited miles
The Bridgestone’s are more fun to drive on than the PS4, and a definitely a step up from the S001. I have done 1k on them, and they are very grippy tyres. Very precise on steering input. Dry braking is amazing. Wet grip is also very good. Not had any issues with aquaplaning. They give so much confidence in the corners. Only get better once the tyre has some heat in it, but perfectly fine when the tyre is cold. Can be a little noisy at motorway speeds, other than that fine. Massive rim protector compared to S001. Tyre Wear: I have done 1k and it gone from 6.8mm (New) to 6.4mm in 1k, so I am going to get about 10-12K out of them, which is not bad for a UUHP that comes with 6.8mm brand new. I only got 14k out of set of PS4 before which come with 7.5mm new. The Bridgestone’s are more fun to drive on than the PS4, and a definitely a step up from the Bridgestone S001.
5 - tyre reviewed on May 24, 2021
Given 99% while driving a Mercedes Benz C250 CGI Estate (255/35 R19) on mostly motorways for 900 spirited miles
Amazing grip, dry or wet its planted on the surface.
1 - tyre reviewed on May 22, 2021
SEAT Leon FR 2.0 tdi 170 (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
The tyre are awesome Good Handling good comfort The tyre is f***** awesome i cant belive i drive on strong curve with 180kmh before with pirelli pzero i drive 140 150kmh and losing control I think i hate on BridgeStone Potenza sport when i press full gas always is blinking ESP before with pzero that never never happening
1 - tyre reviewed on May 21, 2021
Given 99% while driving a Audi 3.2 A3 (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
3 words; Sporty Fun Sticky Loving the tyre so far, it sticks to the road like nothing I've seen so far..
1 - tyre reviewed on May 20, 2021
Given 90% while driving a Peugeot 208 1.6 vti (215/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 500 spirited miles
Swapped from Michelin pilot sport 4 and the potency sports are completely different animal. Could notice the difference straight away.
5 - tyre reviewed on May 19, 2021
Given 99% while driving a Audi A4 45TFSI Quattro Avant (245/40 R18) on mostly motorways for 2,500 spirited miles
Great tyre, really sticks to the road when warm. A bit noisy when compared to michelin primacy but not a deal breaker. Interested to see how long they gonna last with this kind of grip..
2 - tyre reviewed on May 16, 2021
Given 100% while driving a Subaru 2006 impreza wrx STI (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 100 spirited miles
This is my wet conditions review, extremely heavy rain / sitting water, on country lanes and dual carriageway, and will return with a dry review at a later date : Having used Bridgestone Potenza RE070 for many years, I recently discovered that Bridgestone had decided to discontinue them. However, I have now had fitted 4 x Bridgestone Potenza Sport, and they seem fantastic. I have only wet tested them today, and not a hint of tramlining (something RE070 was renowned for) country lanes, negative cambers, deep standing water, no issues whatsoever from the new Potenza Sport breed which seems to get on harmoniously with the rugged yet symmetrical Subaru AWD system on my 2007 Impreza WRX STi. For the record I am running standard suspension and springs all round. I feel the tyre is extremely sturdy, brilliant traction, sticky compound, and with a decently stiff wall, yet not uncomfortable by any means, and a very deep (approx.10mm) rim protector built into the bead to protect my standard 17" Enkei rims. I did a lot of research into which tyre would work for me, I do mixed driving in mixed conditions usually, and Potenza Sport is a cracking contender for the job. These tyres were an absolute bargain at £75 GBP each (not fitted) but delivered to my door, and looking at the DOT code, were only a month old when I received them - fresh! Zero aquaplaning to report, but there again I was being half sensible around the rain soaked twisties of Surrey in the UK, but equally no aquaplaning on a dual carriageway which was virtually flooded. The response and feedback was very good indeed, and the car was very compliant to my commands, and confidence inspiring from the offset. Braking also seemed to be fine without issue. These 4 new tyres got a good all round wet test today, and did extremely well. I have no doubt whatsoever that these tyres will be awesome in the dry. They seem quieter than RE070 - which I welcome. Would I recommend? Yes, 100%, would I buy them again? yes 100% I was very concerned as to what tyres I could try to supersede the old faithful RE070's, and I know I have made the best possible choice. The research does pay off, as does trust in a brand you know and like. RE070 was designed and created in 2004, but in those 17 years the tyre construction technology, compounds, and tread patterns have moved on in leaps and bounds as I discovered today (15th May 2021) Well played Bridgestone, you've created a very decent tyre to match / beat your rivals, and priced it spot on. Thank you. I am more than happy to submit my review as, on the scale of things, there isn't yet many reviews out there on the Potenza Sport - the new kid on the block who doesn't have many friends yet, but who means serious business that's for sure. I cannot offer feedback on wear at this stage so have rated N/A for now and N/A for dry grip.....but I will return soon!
7 - tyre reviewed on May 15, 2021
Given 100% while driving a Mercedes Benz 280 SLK (245/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 1,500 average miles
The best tire I have ever owned. I have had Asymmetryc 3 and 5, PS4, s and others. Excellent wet grip, incredible dry grip. With this tire you start a new era. The other brands will have to fight back. This is unlike anything I've ever had.
5 - tyre reviewed on May 15, 2021