Nokian SeasonProof

Replacing the Weatherproof, the new Nokian Seasonproof is designed for drivers who need reliability and first-class safety for snowy and slushy winter days but who also want top-notch performance and effortless driving feel in the summer.

This tyre replaced the Nokian WeatherProof.

Tyre review data from 6 tyre reviews averaging 83% over 48,040 miles driven.

The SeasonProof is ranked 10th of 44 All Season Premium Touring tyres.

Reports

2021 Tyre Reviews All Season Tyre Test - 7th of 11 tyres

• Positive - Excellent in the snow, high levels of comfort, reasonable aquaplaning resistance.
  • Negative - Long braking distances in the dry and wet.
  • Overall - The Nokian Seasonproof was excellent in the snow and had good levels of comfort, but the poor braking performance of the tyre in the wet and dry makes it a poor choice for a mild climate.

2021 All Season Tyre Market Overview - 9th of 34 tyres

2021 AZ All Season Tyre Test - 7th of 9 tyres

• Overall - The new Nokian SeasonProof is very strong in the snow, and has a low rolling resistance, however it's not good enough in the wet.

2021 Tyre Tests

• 5th: 2021 Auto Bild All Season Tyre Test (225/50 R17)
  • 7th: 2021 AZ All Season Tyre Test (205/55 R16)
  • 7th: 2021 Tyre Reviews All Season Tyre Test (205/55 R16)
  • 9th: 2021 All Season Tyre Market Overview (225/50 R17)
  • 2020 Tyre Tests

• 8th: 2020 Auto Bild SUV All Season Tyre Test (215/60 R16)
  • Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nokian SeasonProof

Questions and Answers for the Nokian SeasonProof

2021-08-22 - Having always used Nokian winter tyres on my previous car I like the sound of the Nokian SeasonProof for my current car, but not sure if I can swap 225/45 R18 91W for the Nokian 225/45 R18 95V. Currently driving Mercedes A Class 250 AMG Line.

Yes, as the new load rating is higher that is fine to swap.

2021-11-29 - I have a 14 year old Merc E220 soon to be fitted with Nokian SeasonProof 245.40 R18 tyres. Please can you help with recommended tyre pressures.

Always start with the recommended pressure for the vehicle, then you can adjust slightly if needed based on your preference for comfort or handling changes.

SeasonProof Prices

Top 3 Nokian SeasonProof Reviews

Given 91% while driving a Skoda (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
    When it comes to tyres I don't mess about. The name on the tyres means nothing to me. What is important is how they perform. We run several vehicles and change them every 6 months. The first thing I do is change all of the tyres to All Season. I have tried all major brands and several of them are very good. However nothing has ever come close to these new Nokian Seasonproof. We are all enthusiastic drivers so the tyres have to be the best. We have now covered around 20000 miles on these tyres on different vehicles and in severe conditions throughout Europe. In the snow and ice they have outperformed every previous tyre by a large margin.On one occasion in a front wheel drive Skoda driving past All wheel drive vehicles whilst they slipped backwards down an icy hill. In the dry they perform like a premium summer tyre. In the rain the grip is superb. They are extremely quiet and comfortable and given the punishment that they get, wear very well. Usually there is a trade off with an All Season tyre but not with the Nokian Seasonproof. This is by far the best All season Tyre I have ever come across. Dont take my word for it try them for yourselves and you will see what I mean. A tyre that outperforms most winter tyres and summer tyres without the hassle of changing them every year. The icing on the cake is that you are buying the best for well under the price of the underperforming premium tyres. Nokian please don't change these tyres as they are a winner!
    Helpful 97 - tyre reviewed on February 9, 2021
    Given 96% while driving a Subaru Forester (225/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 18,000 average miles
    Perfect
    Helpful 40 - tyre reviewed on June 16, 2021
    Given 93% while driving a Volvo V90 D4 (245/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 40 average miles
    I’ve just purchased new Seasonproof, having done a lot of research in U.K., for my new Volvo V90 estate - this review is really for the waterproof SUV tyres I had on a Volvo XC60 FWD. I had these tyres on for 3+ years, covered 40-45000 miles around U.K. and Europe. Not an aggressive driver, but still covered A, B and motorways. After 3+ years, I changed them at 4mm depth as they were getting a little noisy. (Choose crossclimate, but then sold car) Nothing bad just my opinion. Main reason for getting these were winter, snow such driving. I live on a hill. NEVER did I get stuck or stalled. Always felt safe in snow, slush, ice, rain and dry. Reviews I read seem to assume, aggressive driving, slamming breaks on, speeding around corners, high speed in snow\ice, far from your average driver I feel. Nokian’s came low down the review list against major makes of tyre. For a normal driver any tyre would do. For me, I chose Seasonproof on the back of the waterproof SUV tyre. Price! Wear! Snow driving! May not need such a tyre for an estate car but on that day when it does snow in U.K. I’m covered. Heavy rain is also a time these tyres shine. I’ve save £150 against 4 x major brands, that’s a few tanks of fuel. Would and have bought Nokian again. Be safe!
    Helpful 33 - tyre reviewed on July 17, 2021
    Have you driven on the Nokian SeasonProof tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Nokian SeasonProof? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Nokian SeasonProof >

Latest Nokian SeasonProof Reviews

Given 68% while driving a Honda 1.8 iVTEC Es (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
    Comparing those with my previous Nexen cp662, the Nokian has worse dry and handling performance, on snow those are better
    Helpful 1 - tyre reviewed on June 8, 2022
    Given 87% while driving a Mercedes Benz G500 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
    Fitted these tires to a '07 G500 in October 2021 just before the winter season int he size 265/60R18. While we don't particularly get a lot of heavy snow in Eastern Europe, temperatures are often below zero degrees Celsius and therefore, the roads do become quite icy especially in the early hours of the morning. This year in particular we did have one big snow storm and the roads outside cities were mostly covered with snow for the better part of a week. So I got to experience driving on these tires through pretty much all weather conditions and I can say that for the price these tires are amazing. The handle well, are very predictable in corners and mot importantly are surprisingly quiet for a winter tire. In addition to that they do very well in aquaplaning. Our roads here are pretty crappy and their drainage system if such exists is usually clogged causing lots of water to accumulate on the surface. Yet these tires handled all of that without any issue. Going through giant patches of water at speed is no problem at all. The only thing these tires struggle a bit is with breaking on icy roads. Under emergency braking from a higher speed they struggle to find grip in order to stop the vehicle. Then again this might be because the G-Wagon is quite heavy.
    Helpful 1 - tyre reviewed on May 10, 2022
    Want the best Performance summer tyre? Click here!
    Given 63% while driving a Volkswagen Golf GT 1.6 (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 6,000 average miles
    I was expecting more from this tyre but it's really average in the wet, lots of wheelspin
    Helpful 20 - tyre reviewed on December 23, 2021