Vredestein Quatrac

The Vredestein Quatrac has improved handling across dry, wet and snow covered surfaces, 20% improvement in tread life and 10% improvement in aquaplaning resistance when compared to the predecessor Quatrac 5.

This tyre replaced the Vredestein Quatrac 5.

Tyre review data from 8 tyre reviews averaging 87% over 26,600 miles driven.

The Quatrac is ranked 4th of 43 All Season Premium Touring tyres.

2021 Tyre Reviews All Season Tyre Test - 4th of 11 tyres

• Positive - Excellent wet and dry handling with short braking distances whatever the temperature, good aquaplaning resistance.
  • Negative - Poor performance in the snow with long snow braking distances, high levels of external noise, high rolling resistance.
  • Overall - The Vredestein Quatrac is the wet and dry specialist, performing extremely well in all the grip tests. Unfortunately, the snow performance of the tyre was lacking compared to the best, but this is still a very good all season tyre for the milder climate.

2021 AZ All Season Tyre Test - 1st of 9 tyres

• Overall - With top results in the wet and dry, the new Vredestein Quatrac wins the test. Safe on snow, very good value for money.

2020 Auto Bild SUV All Season Tyre Test - 1st of 13 tyres

• Positive - Exemplary all season tyre with impressive qualities on snow and ice, high aquaplaning resistance, precise wet and dry handling, short dry braking, low rolling resistance.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Vredestein Quatrac

Questions and Answers for the Vredestein Quatrac

2020-11-26 - Hi, I'm interested the vredestein quatrac tyre but when I'm searching for these tyres to buy I can only find either 'pro' or '5' written at the end. This review doesn't state which these are? Also I'm after 225/45r18 and 245/40 r18 size, does this tyre exist in these sizes?

The 'Quatrac' is a new tyre which replaces the Quatrac 5. Vredestein will be releasing new sizes of the Quatrac all the time so hopefully they'll release a tyre in your size soon.

2021-11-30 - Hi, looking at the Vredestein Quatrac in 195/65 R15, would these be suitable for a classic car with tubes? I have spoked wire wheels, so need to use tubes, but do less than 2k miles/yr but in all conditions. Also, what speed rating would you recommend? i assume it effects side wall stiffness, my car only weighs 1043kg Kind regards, Mr Collins

Officially, I'd say no as tubeless tyres are not meant for tubes due to friction. However, I have heard of people running similar tyres with tubes on rally events etc.

Quatrac Prices

Top 3 Vredestein Quatrac Reviews

Given 97% while driving a Dacia Logan (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 300 spirited miles
It's the best. Handling is better than Continental Eco 5.(rain and dry)
65 - tyre reviewed on October 14, 2020
Given 94% while driving a Mazda (205/60 R16 V) on mostly town for 800 average miles
Everything is nice with this tire. I read so much tests about it. It was the 2nd best 4season tire in 2020 ADAC. I am using it in Hungary, there arent so much snow in winter, but I tested it in snow and it was good. So I recommend this for everybody.
36 - tyre reviewed on February 17, 2021
Given 89% while driving a Mazda MX5 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Fitted to our MX5 . Needed a tyre that didn’t spoil the excellent handling of the car but gave you good grip and traction in the winter . Which can be hard where we live. We are not disappointed .
20 - tyre reviewed on September 2, 2021
Have you driven on the Vredestein Quatrac tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Vredestein Quatrac? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Vredestein Quatrac >

Latest Vredestein Quatrac Reviews

Given 91% while driving a Skoda (215/40 R16) on mostly country roads for 3,000 spirited miles
We bought this tyre based on the tests ... for a UK winter in Cumbria, where its mostly wet and cold... these tyres excel in the cold wet weather, good in the dry too, not really had any snow this winter to review that , but will post again for a summer review and a snow review.. but for a cold wet UK winter these tyres are perfect!
0 - tyre reviewed on February 12, 2022
Given 74% while driving a Kia Motors Rio 5 (195/55 R16) on mostly country roads for 2,000 miles
Very good performer on wet and snowy roads. Dry handling is decent, could be better. High level of noise in the cabin.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 22, 2022
Want the best Performance summer tyre? Click here!
Given 88% while driving a Honda Jazz (185/55 R16) on for 10,000 miles
We have these on a Honda Jazz Automatic, so you would think nothing could help you in the snow. Wrong. These tyres give enough traction that every car down the street was stuck, apart from the Honda (and our Skoda on CrossClime+)! In the wet they are simply excellent and never slip, better than most summer tyres I've had.Traveling at any speed on any surface is not an issue. Dry handling and performance is also fine. It's not an exciting tyre, just a safe and capable performer. Noise is also acceptable (considering the price and other performance +s) and far less that the Michelin CrossClimate + we have on a Skoda Superb.
4 - tyre reviewed on November 28, 2021
Given 86% while driving a Citroën Nemo (185/65 R15) on mostly country roads for 8,000 average miles
I fitted these tyres on november 2020, basing my choice on 2 tyre tests available at the time. I'm not disappointed, and after a full year of use I can say these are one of the best tyres I've ever had: they excel in the wet (even at very cold temperatures) and they are very good on the dry, always giving the driver a good feedback. However, at very hot temperatures they feel softer than a regular summer tyre, but it's to be expected. I managed to try them also on icy surfaces and on a bit of snow too, and they were good and safe in both conditions. Unfortunately I wasn't able to drive them on deeper snow. The wear performance is awesome, they look still very fresh and better than the similar mileage Michelin Crossclimate plus I've fitted on another car.
2 - tyre reviewed on November 15, 2021
Given 80% while driving a Peugeot 3008 (215/60 R16) on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
I am using these tyres not too long. Unfortunately one tyre has a small quality issue - barely noticeable bulge that causes severe steering wheel vibration at highway speeds. So, one will be replaced soon. Hope a such problem will not happen again. Other than that I am quite happy with these tyres. Dry and wet handling is impressive, definitely better than in case of my previous mid range summer tyres. When I replace the bulgy tyre I will be able to share my recommendation - buy or not to buy.
19 - tyre reviewed on May 14, 2021