Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport

The Eagle F1 SuperSport draws on Goodyear's racing experience to provide superior grip and handling. Responsive directional changes are ensured through the stiff tread ribs while a massive closed outside pattern, used on the tyre's shoulder, provides control during load transfers in corners. A super-stiff sidewall design further improves handling without unduly compromising ride comfort. Although primarily developed for dry conditions, Goodyear has innovatively addressed wet performance through the deployment of a multi-compound combination that sees dry-optimized outer sections paired with three wet-optimized central segments.

Tyre review data from 33 tyre reviews averaging 86% over 105,802 miles driven.

The Eagle F1 SuperSport is ranked 13th of 70 Summer Max Performance tyres.

Reports

2022 Tyre Reviews UUHP Summer Tyre Test - 4th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Excellent in the dry with the best dry handling and short dry braking distances.
  • Negative - Low grip in the wet with long wet braking distances, low aquaplaning resistance, noisiest tyre on test, low levels of comfort.
  • Overall - The Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport once again proves itself to be one of the best road bias tyres if you're interested in taking your car on track. Unfortunately, that does come at the expense of some road manners, such as wet performance and comfort levels but this is still the tyre to pick if you're planning track work.

2022 Sport Auto UHP, UUHP and Semi Slick Tyre Test - 3rd of 10 tyres

• Positive - With the exception of the longer braking distances and a certain sensitivity to load changes, still balanced performance in the wet. In the dry, the car and tyre doesn't work well together.
  • Negative - Weak braking performance in the everyday temperature range, here also stability deficits during quick evasive manoeuvres. Sensitive to load changes in the wet.

2021 Tyre Reviews UHP Summer Tyre Test - 3rd of 14 tyres

• Positive - Truly a road tyre you can use on track, excellent dynamic steering with quick reactions and good feedback, and very good heat resistance for a road tyre.
  • Negative - Oversteer wet handling balance, long wet braking distances, high external pass by noise, high rolling resistance.
  • Overall - The Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport was the master of the dry handling lap, offering the best steering response and good feedback. Unfortunately in this 18" size, the F1SS didn't has as much wet performance as tested in other sizes.

Size Fuel Wet Noise Weight
265/35 R20 99Y XL   E A 72 11.78kgs
285/30 R21 100Y XL   C A 75 12.95kgs
315/30 R21 105Y XL NA0 E A 74 15.55kgs

Questions and Answers for the Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport

2020-02-06 - Hi are Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport better in dry grip then Michelin Pilot Sport 4 ?

You can see the SuperSport compared to the 4S here. The Asymmetric 5 is more a rival to the PS4.

2019-12-22 - Are these Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport Tyres better in the wet than MPS4 tyres ? I have MPSS tyres on my M240I , I was going to swap these for MPS4 tyres however the Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport tyres may be the better choice

They will offer a very similar level of wet grip.

2020-01-05 - Hi, I'm currently looking for a replacement of my Michelin PS4s for the coming Season. The most promising alternative, the Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport has a rather shockinly low "wear" rating of 20% (compared to the Michelin PS4s with 84%). How is that number derived? What does it mean in real live, will the PS4s last 4x longer? TIA for the answer, Thomas

2021-03-23 - In my country I only able to find Thailand made F1. is the quality is same as euro made?

Usually eastern tyres have a slightly different compound due to the different market requirements, so there's a chance they will be different tyres, however if the Thai F1 SuperSports are the same spec as the European ones they should be virtually identical.

2020-12-28 - Goodyear have launched an Audi OE Supersport in 225/40/18 92Y and the noise on this is lower by 3db and fuel economy has improved by going from E to C rated. Which one of these will be a better performing tyre? Will the OE version perform as well as the non OE version. The car I am thinking of using them on is a Golf R mk7.5 stage 1 tuned (same MQB chassis as the Audi)

Without testing I'm afraid it is impossible to know. As a guess, it seems like the OE version could have traded some ultimate handling and grip for the improved rolling resistance and lower noise, so if I was choosing a tyre for "fun" without testing, I would pick OE. I expect the differences to be relatively minor overall though.

2022-01-28 - I am looking for a tire similar in performance to the TOYO R1R. Unfortunately the sizes that I currently have on my car I have only a few alternatives (no more Pirelli Pzero AR!): Michelin Pilot Sport CUP 2, Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersport and Supersport R. My driving is 5% track and 95% road. Ambient temperatures are in the range 5-35 ° C and the car is an Alfa Romeo 4C: what do you recommend?

The Cup 2 would likely be closest to the R1R, however for that much road driving I'd be inclined to fit the F1 SuperSport.

YouTube Review

Top 3 Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport Reviews

Given 92% while driving a Renault Megane RS250 CUP (235/40 R18 W) on mostly country roads for 1,000 spirited miles
One word: fantastic! Truly a Michelin PS4s competitor!

Tyres I already drove on my 322hp Megane RS: PS4, PS4s, PS3, Nokian Powerproof and now the Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport in 235/40/18.

Dry grip and feedback is great! Full throttle out of the corner is easy (works great with some added negative camber). It gives you so much confidence. The feedback is superb and now I really can push the car to its limits. I think they behave the same as the PS4s but it is difficult to compare because I've changed the suspension this year.

These Goodyears are a bit stiffer than the normal PS4 and Powerproof but I like that. Turn in is very good and it is hard to overdrive them. The ride is stiffer but the response is so much better and more direct.

In terms of noise: I find them quiet. At least, they don't drone at any speed. The Powerproofs do drone at 50kmh.

The looks: they look nice! Nice pattern and I do like the rim protection.

I would buy these tyres again! Great value for money! It shows me that Michelin is maybe a bit overpriced..
Helpful 102 - tyre reviewed on April 6, 2019
Given 80% while driving a Porsche 991 C2S (295/30 R20 W) on a combination of roads for 200 spirited miles
Just had my first proper blast with the new Goodyear F1 SuperSport tyres on my Porsche 991 C2S

Off the line - it’s like being shot out of a cannon......

Grip around high speed bends is ridiculous.... got to push so much harder it still wouldn’t break away, balance of the car is so much more improved.
Helpful 47 - tyre reviewed on August 1, 2019
BMW 230i (245/35 R18) on a combination of roads for 600 spirited miles
This tyre is such a wonderful surprise. There are not much sporty road tyres for 18" so before this one i had PS4. It's a good tyre but there is nothing sporty about it, the F1 SS is night and day over the PS4 in Dry grip, feedback and handling (No rain yet where I live so can't comment on wet grip, but I live in a hot country so wet is not much issue). If you are on 18" and want a sporty tyre for road use? this is the one to chose. It is indeed a fun tyre like Jonathan said in his review. Love this tyre.
Helpful 40 - tyre reviewed on October 31, 2021
Have you driven on the Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport >

Latest Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport Reviews

Given 60% while driving a Toyota Yaris (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 1,750 miles
Great tyre in the dry with good feedback. Good in a lot of wet conditions too, but some wet surfaces cause it to be very sketchy compared to PS4S's which seems to be more consistent on varying wet road surfaces. Wear was really bad. Less than 2000 miles and the fronts were dead compared to 8000 on PS4's on road use.
Helpful 6 - tyre reviewed on March 14, 2022
Given 90% while driving a BMW E46 M3 (245/35 R19) on mostly country roads for 400 spirited miles
When it came to replacing the tyres on my CSL wheels, everyone recommended I change to PS4S (recently bought the car and had some very old, dried out Achilles tyres on them). And I was tempted to. But I remember watching one of Jonathan’s videos and remember him saying how good the F1SS was. I tried to watch every video I could find on the F1SS and eventually I ordered a set. These tyres have blown my mind. I mainly do weekend runs on mountain passes/touge style roads and the occasional trackday. Because of our hot African climate, I wasn’t too worried about the cold/wet performance as it doesn’t really get below 8’C here in winter, and even then I don’t do much driving in anything but my daily driver. The F1SS are very quick to warm up and when they do, they really stick. Initial turn-in feels great, and steering feedback through corners is amazing. The rears seem to never run out of grip and even after pushing them on a fast, technical mountain pass, they just keep up. Road noise seems fairly non-existent. They have a normal amount of noise on the freeway, but overall I find it a quiet tyre. I also don’t find them too stiff, they seem pretty comfortable considering the car is lowered. I have done one session of “spirited” driving in the wet, but didn’t push very hard. I didn’t feel like I was running out of grip at any stage though, I remember being impressed and thinking they shouldn’t feel this good in the wet. So far, very good! I’ve done about 6 or 7 demanding drives since fitting them and really love the way they feel and grip, especially compared to the MPS4S I’ve felt on other cars. If they last well with my driving style, I won’t hesitate to put these on other cars as well. It also makes me very excited for the next generation of these tyres.
Helpful 8 - tyre reviewed on February 21, 2022
Want your tyres to save you money on petrol? Click here!
Given 79% while driving a Audi A4 Quattro 220 bhp TFSI (235/40 R18) on mostly motorways for 6,000 spirited miles
Soft sidewalls vs previous pirelli p zero
Helpful 11 - tyre reviewed on January 25, 2022
Given 60% while driving a Skoda (225/40 R19) on mostly town for 9,000 spirited miles
The tire was a joy in the dry , up there with PS4 but as the tread reduced damp driving became a real pain. Wet driving was ok and predictable but damp , slight damp roads made this tire spin. It would spin at real low speeds. I would reverse out of my drive and push forward and spin , spin. This problem started at under 4mm and at under 3mm it was so annoying. I changed the fronts today to Hankook Evo 3's due to there 1st placing in a recent test. When new and in the dry a marvelous tire it just didnt like damp much like some of the Potenza's i have owned. So in essence , change this tire at 3mm. One last biggie on this , i was down to 3mm at 9k miles!
Helpful 4 - tyre reviewed on January 13, 2022
Given 86% while driving a Honda Civic Type R FK2 (235/35 R19) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
Pros: I use them both on roads and trackdays, and they are amazing tyres compared to the factory set Continental SC 6's! Great, sharp steering feel, needs a little bit of heat in them before use but not much, cornering speeds are awesome. Cons: lower comfort level, on trackdays they stick very well but easier to overheat and lose grip quicker then the Contis before, I had to play more with tyre pressures. I already ordered a set of Supersport R tyres for track use only, can't wait to compare them to each other!
Helpful 7 - tyre reviewed on January 9, 2022
BMW (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
thought i would give these a try as a suitable but cost efficient alternative to the 'obligatory' MPS4. on road very similar offering no advantage nor disadvantage, however its on the track where they stand out. A whole day at Anglesey melted my previous set of 4s but these stayed the course without any trouble. I don't track very often but have experienced michelin super sports, 4s and these so if you are seeking something that can offer every day performance but be able to withstand the odd track day then these are worth a very serious consideration.
Helpful 9 - tyre reviewed on October 11, 2021
Audi A6 Avant 3.0 TDI Quattro (245/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 1,500 spirited miles
Grip on these tyres is excellent, both in wet and dry. Subjectively the handling feel of my car has improved significantly with these tyres as well. The Audi A6 Avant Quattro (2016, 272 hp) is not the best handling car in the world but the upgrade from comfort oriented tyres (Fulda Sport Control 2 which were actually terrible) to the more sporty tyres (this Eagle F1 Supersport) has done this car a lot of good in every sense! Even for comfort they are quite good and apart from the really hard short bumps ( not that bad either) I would say comfort has actually improved in other scenarios. The tyre just feels meaty but not harsh. This tyre is exactly what this car needed to improve the driving enjoyment! I strongly recommend this tyre for heavier, powerful non-SUV cars.
Helpful 4 - tyre reviewed on July 24, 2021
Given 93% while driving a Honda Civic 1.8 VTEC Sport (215/50 R16) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
I have been using the tyres for about 5k km and can say it's really good. I was using PS4 before this and can say the grip on wet and dry are similar. Can't say much about the wear as I can't drive now during pkp :p. Overall I highly recommend the tyres as it is budget friendly and really good.
Helpful 5 - tyre reviewed on June 18, 2021
Given 75% while driving a BMW E46 M3 (225/45 R18) on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
So, I came to these from a PS4, which were hugely impressive. Initially, the goodyear disappointed me in the rain, but I think that speaks more about the PS4 that I came from. Then I tried the F1SS. For the road, it's almost scary how much cornering grip these tyres offer in the dry. I've had to recalibrate my cornering speed accordingly. They have held up well on track too. I dropped about 8/10PSI F/R and they stayed together well, but dropped off significantly on a wet track. Overall, I prefer these to the PS4 because the track aspect just nudges it ahead for me. If it was road only, I'd go for a PS4, or a PS4S if I could get it in my size.
Helpful 5 - tyre reviewed on May 11, 2021
Given 99% while driving a Honda FK2 type r (235/35 R19) on mostly country roads for 10,000 miles
What a great tyre!!! Price point at time of purchase (March 2019) was less than both Michelin PS4S's and Continental SC6 that the car was running on fitted from factory. I think the most relatable way to describe the Supersport tyre on the FK2 put simply, it really complements the chassis, the factory Continental's are very good in dry conditions, there is not any appreciable gain with the Supersport here but in wet conditions the Supersport is far superior, the SC6 gave a vage feeling/sensation of little to no grip at low speed which was strange because the grip was there if you pushed past this and lent on the tyre harder but it wasn't reassuring, the Supersport has addressed this with a really good feeling in wet conditions at all speeds and maintained all the dry grip levels and beautiful precision handling that Honda engineers intended at all speeds in the dry at an advantageous price point over brands and with just over 10k miles coved at point of writing this the wear rate is excellent too, I estimate I still have another 5k felt in the front tyres (car is factory standard) compared to scraping to the 10k mark with the SC6 after rotating twice. I will definitely buy the Supersport again! Enjoy your drive! Wrighty
Helpful 33 - tyre reviewed on April 26, 2021
Given 93% while driving a Alfa Romeo Giulia QF (285/30 R19 W) on mostly country roads for 2 spirited miles
Found the YouTube UHP comparison test with the M2 very helpful and informative. Based on this and Giulia Quadrifoglio owners feedback I went for the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersports. 245/35/19 fronts and 285/30/19 rears. Running 2.4bar front and 2.2bar rear. My review with this tyre is based on the knowledge that I've driven the same B road's for 30 year's with various performance cars and various makes of tyres. Initial impressions are very positive. Crabbing is no longer present. Sidewalls do seem stiffer than the Corsas, but not annoyingly so. Steering does initially feel a little heavier but this doesn't effect turn in or handling, personally I quite like the little more weight. Wet weather grip is phenomenal, even in Race and using manual the car feels very predictable. Still to find the limit but with 500+ bhp and public roads I'll leave the hedges for someone else to explore. Latteral twitch from the rears going over drain covers in the wet is also much less severe. Dry weather handling is excellent. Turn in, apex and exit grip you really feel the tyre bite. Still get a little slip from the rear 3rd to 4th when on limit in Race, again very predictable. Really impressed with the SS. Car feels much more predictable and has given me much more confidence wet and dry
Helpful 6 - tyre reviewed on March 5, 2021
Given 97% while driving a Mercedes Benz A (225/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 500 spirited miles
Picked up my new car - A220d - from Mercedes recently. Car came with Continental EcoContact which for the life of me I couldn't figure out why Mercedes would fit crappy Eco tyres on a car that churns out 400 NMs of torque from 1.5k rpm..Anyway, that's Mercedes for you. On to the tyres now..I basically complained to Mercedes and threatened to hand the car back unless they changed all 4x EcoContact tyres on the car. They asked me what tyres I would like. I had heard about Eagle F1 Supersports online and watching a couple of Tyre Reviews videos on Youtube. I was going to stick to the default choice of Michelin PS4, however since the PS4s don't come in 18's I thought I would give the Supersports a try. I've had PS4 tyres on my previous car (GTD 184) and they were great tyres, so I was expecting, and hoping, for similar type of performance and grip from the Supersports. I've had the Supersports for about 500 miles now, so they are definitely bedded in. My opinion: It feels like I'm different car now, and whilst this may not seem to hard to believe given the EconContact crap tyres my A220d came with, I am also comparing the grip level to my GTD 184 with Michelin PS4 tyres on. Wet handling - The wet grip on these tyres inspire an unbelievable amount of confidence in the bends. Have went through numerous deep puddles at speed and have not had the car aquaplaning. They make you feel safe regardless of how wet the road is. Dry Grip - These tyres almost redefine physics when it comes to dry grip. I have never had a a tyre grip more and more the faster I went. These tyres don't alive until over 70 mph, and my god do they grip. There were times where I was like "Right, surely they will lose grip, surely they can't grip at this speed anymore"...But no, these tyres would not let go. I will go as far as saying that you're likely to rip the tarmac surface of the road first before the Supersports concede and accept defeat. Wear - Unfortunately, since I've only had them on for 500 miles so far, I can't comment yet. But I will come back in the future with a further update. Conclusion - The Eagle F1 Supersports are basically PS4s but for 18's wheels. Furthermore, I would go as far as saying that even if Michelin started to sell PS4s for 18's wheels I would still choose the F1 Supersports of the PS4s. I had a great experience in my Michelin PS4 tyres in my GTD 184, however there is a big difference between good grip and unreal grip, and that is what the Eagle F1 Supersport from Goodyear offer. Don't hesitate. If you want outstanding and unbeatable wet and dry grip, the F1 Eagle Supersports are your only choice. There are comparable tyres obviously, such as the PS4, SportContact 5, Potenza etc...However, if you want the best without any obvious compromise then choose the F1 Supersports.
Helpful 6 - tyre reviewed on February 7, 2021