Falken Azenis FK510

The Falken Azenis FK510 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre replaced the Falken FK453.

Tyre review data from 111 tyre reviews averaging 83% over 954,653 miles driven.

The Azenis FK510 is ranked 14th of 130 Summer Ultra High Performance tyres.

Reports

2021 Auto Bild UUHP Summer Tyre Test - 7th of 9 tyres

• Positive - Good safety reserves in aquaplaning, good handling in the wet.
  • Negative - Long wet braking distances, understeer balance in dry handling.
  • Overall - Fair.

2021 Tyre Reviews UHP Summer Tyre Test - 6th of 14 tyres

• Positive - Sporty dry and wet handling, short wet braking distances, good aquaplaning resistance, good value.
  • Negative - Average dry braking, high pass by noise.
  • Overall - In this 18" size, the FK510 is a sporty tyre with good dry and wet handling, short wet braking and good aquaplaning resistance.

2021 ADAC Summer Tyre Test - 225/50 R17 - 1st of 17 tyres

• Positive - Very balanced, top marks in the wet, very good on dry roads.
  • Negative - Slightly higher fuel consumption.
  • Overall - The Falken FK510 is excellent in the dry and wet. In the dry it shines with good precision and short braking distances, and excellent control in all situations in the wet. It is also one of the quietest tyres on test.
Size Fuel Wet Noise Weight
235/35 R19 91Y XL   E A 69 10.00kgs

Questions and Answers for the Falken Azenis FK510

2018-09-20 - Please can you tell me if it is safe to have an FK453 on nearside rear and FK510 on offside rear, on a Ford Mondeo Estate?

It is always recommended to change tyres in axle pairs, so mixing them isn't advised. There would be nothing inherently unsafe, but it could cause vehicle balance issues, especially in the wet.

2018-11-03 - Putting these Falkens on a 2007 911, are these tire able to be rotated from right to left?

The Falken FK510 is an asymmetric tyre so yes you can rotate it left to right.

2019-06-08 - Are Falken tyres (FK510) suitable for a Porsche Boxster S?

Assuming you can find the correct size and load rating you need in the FK510, there's no reason you shouldn't use them on a Boxster.

2019-10-21 - Are falken azenis fk510 tyres all season tyres?

The Azenis FK510 is a summer tyre.

2019-11-04 - Hi, I have Mazda 6 2.5 2008. I ride mostly 90% city + 10% curved countryside roads (I like enjoy them). The best solution is buy Michelin Pilot Sport 4, I know, but it is 50-60% more expensive then FK510. I decide between FK510 and Goodyear F1 Asym 5. Question is - Should I pay 15 % more for Goodyear or there isn't too much better behavior for that higher price?

Have a watch of our big tyre test on YouTube, it should answer your question. In short, if you like handling, then the Asym5 is worth the extra.

2021-04-05 - I have a suv 4x4 with Bridgestone Dueler on front and rear axles. The rears have worn to 3.4mm in 15000 miles the fronts are on 5mm. I tow a caravan. Would Falken FK510 tyres be any better?

There is almost no wear testing for highly loaded tyres for reference, however the Bridgestone Dueler range of tyres have traditionally be good wearing tyres so I would be surprised if the Falken gave you extra treadlife. There would likely be improvements in wet performance and comfort.

2021-05-12 - Looking to put falken fk510 on my vauxhall gtc with 19" rims, new pair onto go on the front only. However, load rating for the falkens is 99, car already has 95 load tyres on the back which will stay on, and 95 is the norm for this vehicle. Will there be any difference with the 99 load on the front? Thanks

In theory the 99 load could have a slightly stiffer construction, but given they're different brand tyres front and rear that will be a bigger difference than the different load ratings fitted.

Azenis FK510 Prices

YouTube Review

Top 3 Falken Azenis FK510 Reviews

Given 100% while driving a Honda Civic Type R (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Better than Pirelli
627 - tyre reviewed on July 6, 2016
Given 80% while driving a BMW bmw (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 150,000 spirited miles
Love Falken!
Have been driving BMW's for over 20 years...... have always swapped to Falken when tyres needed changing.

Latest set front and rear RF's on a 430d .... great tyres...why pay more....these Tyres are so underrated!
97 - tyre reviewed on February 10, 2018
Given 81% while driving a Ford S Max (225/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 0 miles
I have been driving 225/50 17 98 XL FR tyre for three years. Amazing wet grip, maybe not so amazing in the last season - the tyre became hard...
81 - tyre reviewed on April 1, 2020
Have you driven on the Falken Azenis FK510 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Falken Azenis FK510? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Falken Azenis FK510 >

Latest Falken Azenis FK510 Reviews

Given 91% while driving a Audi A4 2.0 FSI Sport (245/35 R19) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Never a fan of Falken until i bought a used car that has it installed. These tyres are the absolute best. Buttery smooth on all roads. Excellent handling wet and dry. No squeaking. Tried the michelin PS4, PS4s n asymmetric 5. But nothing comes close to the smooth feeling of the FK510. Highly recommended.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 30, 2021
Given 54% while driving a SEAT Leon FR184 (225/40 R18) on mostly motorways for 6,000 spirited miles
After having Avon ZV7 as my go to tyre for many years i thought it was time for something a little more spicy, a little more performance orientated, and after a recommendation from my local SEAT dealer i had a pair of Falken Azenis FK510 fitted. Initially the tyres felt great, reasonably quiet at speed, great dry and wet grip, smooth over bumps, great feedback and very precise. at the time i wasn't so miffed about the price of £119 each. Now after just 6000 miles (3 months), mixed driving styles, the tyres are shot. As they have worn, grip level has remained consistent, the overall experience from the tyre has been increasingly terrible. They are now the most uncomfortable, noisiest, most unrefined tyres I've had fitted to a car. Just absolutely woeful. My advice would be to avoid this tyre at all costs unless grip is the only thing the matters to you. I'm now taking the plunge on a pair of pilot sport 4 to see what all the fuss is about.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 15, 2021
Want the best performance tyre? Click here!
Given 74% while driving a Ford Focus mk2 (205/50 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Very good tyres. In comparison with Hankook Ventus v12 evo 2 my subjective feeling is that Falken has a better grip in dry and wet and it is more comfortable. The single negative i have for them is the road noise which in general is more pronounced but it is bearable. Between 110 and 120 kph i can hear a annoying humming comming from them. Below 110 and above 120 everything is fine. Maybe it's just specific to 205/50/R17 size, i have no idea. Regarding wearing Im not really sure how they will be because i only drive short distances (6000 miles/year average). I recommend them
0 - tyre reviewed on June 30, 2021
Given 83% while driving a Vauxhall Mokka (245/45 R19) on mostly town for 15 average miles
Honestly I thought this was a rubbish tyre until I tried it … But now I love it Really handles the wet conditions really well I am surprised
4 - tyre reviewed on June 22, 2021
Mercedes Benz SLK (255/35 R18) on a combination of roads for 535 spirited miles
Far better then the Pirelli, s they replaced grippy quiet very good in the wet A+++ from me
6 - tyre reviewed on May 7, 2021
Given 59% while driving a BMW 523i tourer (235/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 5,000 easy going miles
Tyres went on at the start of lockdown in UK. So the car was little used. 5,500 miles, and 12 months later and the rears are completely bald! This was on fairly gentle driving on an older 525i touring. I’d always had Dunlop Sport Max on there previously and always averaged 15,000 miles. The Falken’s were recommended to last a little longer, but not so. I’d avoid these for a rear wheel drive car certainly.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 5, 2021
Given 73% while driving a Mercedes Benz E Class (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 12,500 average miles
FK 510 Falken Azenis 275/35/19 Made about 12500 miles with this run flat tyres Good tyres but I don’t think il buy again because with the original Michelin I made almost double as miles !
6 - tyre reviewed on March 5, 2021
Ford c max (235/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 12 average miles
I’m only commenting to say if you want a tyre to see out some miles don’t bother with these, currently fitted to my mrs 140hp mpv they are mot failures after 12,000 miles/2years fitted, even after being on the car 1year/7,000 miles they were a mot advisory. The cars not pushed hard and mainly driven by her, when I’m at the wheel alone yes I may get a stomp on but it dose not justify the crap millage, Other than that dry grip is good, wet is ok not the greatest.
9 - tyre reviewed on February 3, 2021
BMW (255/35 R19 W) on mostly town for 15,000 spirited miles
Tires worn very fast. In 2 years about 15k miles and they nearly worn. Didn't expect this from hard runflat tyres.
11 - tyre reviewed on January 12, 2021
Given 80% while driving a Ford S Max Titanium X Sport (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
Had Falken Azenis 510s for three years now. For a sport biased tyre it was surprisingly comfortable and quiet. Good grip levels as expected, but would break traction under strong acceleration. Cornering traction was very good. Only downside seems wear, the driven tyres need replacing after 20.000 miles of mixed use.
1 - tyre reviewed on December 29, 2020
Given 83% while driving a BMW 520d M Sport (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
Just swapped my Falken Azenis for Yokohama's on my BMW 520D Sport. But thought I would leave a review as I got 20k miles out of them and I drive (Well before lockdown!) all road types, Motorway, Dual Carriageway, A roads and country lanes, about 12k miles per year. I had them on the rear of the car, (275/ 35/ 19R) to be fair they always gripped well and I never lost the back end, rain or shine. I would buy them again, but replaced with the Yoko's purely on cost, they were about £30 - 40 pounds a corner cheaper than the Falken's at the time of purchase.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 4, 2020
Given 89% while driving a Skoda (235/45 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 15,000 average miles
Got these Falkens as cost effective option based on 'basic' Falkens I had on my previous, less powerful car. I have grown to appreciate the 'feeling' of the Falken tyres in general, and these in particular. The tires give me a lot of confidence, even though I am not pushing them anywhere near their limits. Good feeling and performance in dry and wet. They do feel a bit 'gritty' on Belgian highways (not known for being well maintained, tending to have potholes and a patchwork of quick repair patches, etc), transferring most little bumps, while still managing to even out larger bumps. Silent and reliable on any road surfaces that are even remotely decent. Wear was a bit more than I anticipated, though this is my first car with this kind of performance/weight combination so I am not sure if this is due to the tyre, or simply because of that particular setup.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 3, 2020