Falken FK453

The Falken FK453 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre replaced the Falken FK452 and this tyre has been replaced by the Falken Azenis FK510.

Tyre review data from 28 tyre reviews averaging 64% over 219,200 miles driven.

The FK453 is ranked 60th of 64 Summer Max Performance tyres.

2016 Sport Auto UHP Summer Tyre Test - 6th of 8 tyres

• Positive - Good braking performance on wet and dry roads, quick reaction to steering and good handling in the dry, low noise
  • Negative - Average wet performance, high rolling resistance

2015 Auto Express Tyre Test - 8th of 11 tyres

• Overall - A test debut for Falken with the FK453, and sadly eighth place. The tyre struggled in wet and dry braking, was second to last in wet cornering, had a high rolling resistance and could only manage eighth in straight aquaplaning. Fourth in dry handling was its saving grace, only 1% slower than the Continental.

2015 Australian Motor 235/35 R19 Tyre Test - 6th of 8 tyres

Size Fuel Wet Noise Weight
215/45 R17 91Y   F B   9.00kgs
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Falken FK453. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

FK453 Prices

Top 3 Falken FK453 Reviews

Given 60% while driving a BMW 330i M SPORT SALOON (245/35 R18) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
Cornering in the wet and dry was good. If the road was wet the wheels would spin quite easily when taking off from a stand still. Comfort I don't really know about, nothing really feels comfortable with msport suspension. Wear was pretty bad, rears are basically bald after 10000miles, 1500miles of that was on road trips with spirited driving and the other 8500miles was on straight roads driving normally doing 60mph. The fronts still have at least half their tread left so might keep them on the front, but will probably go with something else on the rears as they cost about $450 per tyre.
59 - tyre reviewed on March 14, 2016
Given 64% while driving a BMW 520d M Sport (275/35 R19 W) on mostly motorways for 12,000 average miles
Having changed all 4 of my Run-Flat tyres only 18 months (and 12000 miles) ago, I was today shocked to hear I only had 1mm left on the rear tyres. All of my driving has been long motor drives across Europe. My last tyres (Michelins) lasted 38000 miles, hence the reason I'm so shocked. The front tyres still have 5mm.
27 - tyre reviewed on September 28, 2017
Given 80% while driving a Toyota supra turbo (275/40 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
Past 20years i have been through a wide range of tyres on my turbo cars but it's the first time i have been impressed with a budget street tyre.
On my mildly modified supra (400hp) they perform much better than i expected.
Biggest suprise is how much grip they had in the wet. The grip in the wet is nearly as good as in the dry (straight line acceleration). And for a wide tyres they aren't unsettled by big puddles of water on the freeway. Everything else i've had in a 275 width would aquaplane badly.
Highly recommended and will buy again.
22 - tyre reviewed on January 19, 2017
Have you driven on the Falken FK453 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Falken FK453? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Falken FK453 >

Latest Falken FK453 Reviews

Given 40% while driving a Volvo S60 R AWD (235/45 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 12,000 easy going miles
12 000 miles (20 000km) on the set. VolvoT6 AWD. Not an aggressive driver. Long distance driving. Was given a long story by the Falken Rep but all added up to nothing. Been a Falken supporter on 3 of my Volvo's but after using this "Flagship" tyre I am leaving the brand
0 - tyre reviewed on July 17, 2019
Given 31% while driving a Mazda 6 (225/45 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 12,500 spirited miles
Very bad experience with this tyres. Really not fit for spirited drivers. Very bad during cornering, even in straight line driving can feel car not stable. Used only for 20k km mileage. Like a night mare having this tyres. Replaced it with continental. Never ever will consider falken tyres anymore.
5 - tyre reviewed on January 16, 2019
Given 79% while driving a BMW Z4 3.0 (225/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 15,000 spirited miles
Great value for money, decent life expectancy considering the driving style.
There are better tyres out there but I found those to be fun and predictable.
Grip is not my priority as I like a lively car.
I had preferred the FK452, but those are OK replacements...
8 - tyre reviewed on December 8, 2017
Given 74% while driving a Mercedes Benz 190 2.3 16 (255/35 R18 W) on mostly town for 0 average miles
Only done 2000 miles, I'm really happy with them on my Mercedes E350 Coupe.
6 - tyre reviewed on January 13, 2017
Given 97% while driving a BMW 320D M Sport (255/40 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
Very good tyres, with excellent dry & wet grip, even when pushed hard, These are now down to the legal limit and are still holding the road, Wear has been at a very good rate and I would defo buy again.
8 - tyre reviewed on February 22, 2016
Given 62% while driving a BMW E60 M5 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 2,000 average miles
Good looking budget tyre and value for money if you don't need the 'nth degree of performance . Only travelled >2000 kms so far so no wear to report and no track work to test limits but satisfactory for all road use. Only downside so far is noise/comfort levels which are both below average, but again value for money.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 29, 2015
Given 74% while driving a Honda (245/45 R19 W) on mostly country roads for 200 average miles
I bought these for my Honda C-RV, grip is surprisingly good with road noise at a minimal, and compared to my last tyres, the ride is smoother. So first impression for the first couple of hundred miles is a good one.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 16, 2015
Given 70% while driving a Subaru Legacy (215/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 28,000 spirited miles
Wrote on these tyres when I got them first and they were not the greatest. BUT.
I put on 215/45/17 91y XL, and the tyres that came with the car were 215/45/17 87w, so the Falkens were the wrong tyre for my car, having said that I put them on my car at 89900km and replaced them at 135000km and still had 3mm left on all 4 of them,
The ride was hard, steering was twitchy, could feel ridges and lumps on the road, as I said, I picked the wrong tyre, (91 xl) but the road holding was great and wear I can't complain about, over 45000km, longer than the Bridgstones that are recommended usually 30000km,
0 - tyre reviewed on March 6, 2015
Given 23% while driving a Honda Civic Type R (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Without doubt the worst tyre i have ever purchased for any car. I have had tyres for half the cost and perform better than these in every single way, road feedback is non existent no grip what so ever in the wet can move off without them struggling to grip, have tried a number of different tyre pressures and no difference. can not wait for them to be done which will more than likely be sooner rather than later with the amount they struggle to grip.
1 - tyre reviewed on March 3, 2015
Given 100% while driving a BMW 320D M Sport (255/40 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
These tyres have gone on the rear off the car.
I loved the 452, the 453 are even better, with great feedback, no noise, amazing grip in the dry & wet. Even tried to push it to the limit and they still gripped the road and wanted more. Feel very confident with these tyres in dry & wet. would defo buy again.

0 - tyre reviewed on September 24, 2014
Given 77% while driving a Ford Mondeo ST220 (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
Just completed 20000 miles on a set of these and for the price you will find these at most tyreshops they are pretty good value. In the year I've had these the only criticism I would have with these would be the following-

1 - They are quite noisy, on UK roads and motorways the road noise is as loud as the rest of the car

2 - They seem to have quite hard sidewalls as I could feel every little bump in the road, even joins between sections of roads result in a noticeable thud when passing over them

3 - When worn they become very skittish at high speed on uneven road surfaces (country B-roads etc), you will need to keep a hold on the wheel when on the straights as they tramline a fair bit

I wore my fronts down to the limit (or maybe just past it as they resembled slicks!) and in the wet I still found it fairly hard to break them free, and they didn't seems to aquaplane often.

If you don't want to break the bank then there isn't much else in this price range that will be any better and to get 20000 miles out of them I felt was pretty good value for money.

Overall, this is the 2nd set of Falkens I've had (prev 452's) and have never had any major problems with them, would definitely buy them again if money is tight.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 16, 2014
Given 61% while driving a Mercedes Benz CLK 280 (255/35 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 14,000 average miles
Reasonable quiet tyre with good road holding in dry less so in wet. Very comfortable and masked road imperfections very well.
Down to 3mm depth after only 14000 miles at which point changed to Uniroyal RS3 which I will report back on in due course

0 - tyre reviewed on April 30, 2014