Continental WinterContact TS 800

The Continental WinterContact TS 800 is a High Performance Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Continental WinterContact TS 790

This tyre has been replaced by the Continental WinterContact TS 810

Tyre review data from 11 tyre reviews averaging 89% over 230,000 miles driven.

Latest Group Test Results

2012 European Tyre Test - 165/70 R14 - 2nd of 13 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Continental WinterContact TS 800
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Continental WinterContact TS 800. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top 3 Continental WinterContact TS 800 Reviews

Given 91% while driving a Ford Fiesta (185/60 R15 T) on mostly motorways for 40,000 average miles
excellent winter tyres extremely good in all weather conditions
these tyres made my rides always safe even with icy or snowy roads
15 - tyre reviewed on September 27, 2017
Given 91% while driving a Ford Fiesta (175/65 R14 T) on mostly motorways for 30,000 average miles
superb winter tyres excellent in all weather conditions
1 - tyre reviewed on September 27, 2017
Have you driven on the Continental WinterContact TS 800 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Continental WinterContact TS 800? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Continental WinterContact TS 800 >

Latest Continental WinterContact TS 800 Reviews

Given 100% while driving a Ford Fiesta (175/65 R14 T) on a combination of roads for 30,000 spirited miles
probably the best winter tyres I ever fitted on my cars
exceptional in all weather conditions they kept me safe even when I made driving mistakes at high speed on wet and snowy roads
I can not recommend enough this excellent winter tyre
0 - tyre reviewed on November 4, 2018
excellent winter tyres extremely good in all weather conditions
these tyres made my rides always safe even with icy or snowy roads
15 - tyre reviewed on September 27, 2017
superb winter tyres excellent in all weather conditions
1 - tyre reviewed on September 27, 2017
Given 91% while driving a Opel Corsa C (175/65 R14 T) on a combination of roads for 18,000 average miles
Probably,the best winter tyre in it's class.I am using them since 2011 winter and i am planning to give another chance in 2015 winter.I can say they are long lasting tyres but their primary benefit is the snow grip.They are
unbelievable in both fresh and compressed snow.With these tyres moving on snow is like moving on wet asphalt.You can move very confident on snow.Wet grip is good either.Even my Opel Corsa C with no abs i didn't measure any sliding.Ä°f TS800 still produced,i can recommend them in small car tyre class.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 31, 2015
Given 81% while driving a Volkswagen Polo 1.4 TDI (185/55 R14) on a combination of roads for 60,000 average miles
These tyres lasted me 3 winters, swapping to summer tyres from March/ April and back in November/ December between the years of 2010 to 2013. New they offered amazing grip in the snow and wet. Never threatened to aquaplane when hitting deep standing water. They always gripped well in all types of snow, from 2ft deep to thick slush.

Noise wise, they didn’t seem any noisier then my summer tyres, and seemed to grip almost as well in the dry.

Last winter, the grip in the snow and wet seemed to be greatly reduced, and they seamed to aquaplane easily. The tread was 1mm above the ware marker and the diamonds on the top of the blocks had almost worn away. Buying another set again this year. Top quality tyre for a good price. (£70)
0 - tyre reviewed on October 9, 2013
Given 83% while driving a Toyota AYGO (155/65 R14 H) on a combination of roads for 12,000 spirited miles
Had these tyres on the Wife's Aygo every winter since the big freeze of 2010.

They have paid for themselves that first winter, I was one of the few able to get to work during the heavy snow.

Fantastic grip in the wet or dry in the winter months, braking is incredible in the snow and ice and also wet. Left the car parked on an extremely steep hill in the snow, performed a hill start with no problems.

Road noise more than the Continental ecocontact3's but the ride is far better, I assume due to the more flexible sidewalls and also the rubber content.

Extremely good tyres

Wear is impressive my wife drove with them on until early summer without any noticeable wear or handling/braking deficencies.

0 - tyre reviewed on September 19, 2012
Given 93% while driving a Honda Jazz (175/65 R14 T) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
Excellent tyre for winter. I had it all year long. At the beginning i thought that in summer i would had problems. Finally i used them and configured that only if i push them the dry handling was low. The wet handling/braking in summer is quite good. No comments for winter use. A bit noisy in summer depending on the tarmac quality. The wear was impressively low for a soft tyre and with summer use (with temperatures up to 40 degrees). I drove about 30.000km up to now and it seems to go for another 10.000km.
Highly reccomended.!!
0 - tyre reviewed on July 17, 2012
Given 93% while driving a Toyota AYGO (155/65 R14) on mostly town for 5,000 average miles
The best WINTER tire money can buy!
0 - tyre reviewed on December 28, 2010
Given 91% while driving a Honda Jazz (175/65 R14 T) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
Despite this is my first winter tyres I`m completely happy with it. The grip is so good I leave all the other drivers with the summer tyres at the line(in the snow).
Many times I had to stop on a steep hill(in the deep snow) and start from there and without any effort it just has a grip and go. This is so good in the snow as if I were on the dry road with the summer tyres, unbelievable! I`m happy I bought it before the first snow arrived.
Surprisingly quiet if not quieter than my ContiEcoContact3 summer tyre.
The rubber is so soft I can squeeze it with my fingers, a lot better than the hardened summer tyre in the cold. Definitely worth to buy winter tyres.
The fuel consumption hasn`t changed remained the same as with the summer tyres.
The new tyre`s thread depth is 7,5-8mm.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 26, 2010
Given 81% while driving a Toyota AYGO (155/65 R14) on mostly town for 3,000 average miles
Excellent on snow and ice, moderate performance at temperature above 10 degree C.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 9, 2010

See all 11 customer reviews of the Continental WinterContact TS 800 (newest first) >>