Bridgestone Battlax BT 016

The Bridgestone Battlax BT 016 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Motorcycle

Tyre review data from 24 tyre reviews averaging 59% over 77,400 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Bridgestone Battlax BT 016
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Bridgestone Battlax BT 016
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Bridgestone Battlax BT 016. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Bridgestone Battlax BT 016 Review

Given 63% while driving a Kawasaki ZX10r (190/50 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 2,800 spirited miles
I've a 2014 ZX10R, it came shod with the BT016's and I was keen to compare these to the Conti Sport Attacks and the Michy PR2's and PR3's I'd had on previous bikes. I've had no real problems with grip in the dry, front washed out in bad rain but I was hitting a Roundabout fairly spritely and to be fair there could have been a bit of oil or diesel etc, etc. My only gripe is after 2.8K miles the rear is now in need of replacing. Pushing the tyre to get 3K miles isn't what I call economical. Back to Michelin I think.
35 - tyre reviewed on May 25, 2015

Latest Bridgestone Battlax BT 016 Reviews

Have you driven on the Bridgestone Battlax BT 016 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Bridgestone Battlax BT 016? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Bridgestone Battlax BT 016 >>

Given 53% while driving a Honda CB400SF (160/60 R17 W) on mostly town for 1,000 easy going miles
I live in Singapore, a country with a tropical climate and high humidity, and lots of torrential rains. It is a very small island-like country that mostly communes about 30km at a stretch and rarely above 40km in one go. My bike only weighs about 200+kg. Climate usually above 30-degree Celcius all year round. My average speed in the expressways usually around 80km/h to 100km/h. I would say this is a good dry grip tyre. The sense of confidence to ride this in dry conditions is high. Tyre seems to warm up fast in the dry weather, especially when riding in the mid-afternoon under the scorching equator sun, it feels really sticky. But Michelin Pilot Power 2CT is still a better dry weather tyre when compared to these in my opinion. During wet weather, tyre performance is still acceptable, and traction is not excellent but still feels safe. But I would still opt for Michelin Road 5 as my prefered rain tyres.
1 - tyre reviewed on September 25, 2020
Given 40% while driving a Suzuki Gsxr750 L5 (180/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 3,000 spirited miles
Really not suitable for British weather. Lack any feel and are awful in the wet. Okay on track
1 - tyre reviewed on January 11, 2020
Trying to pick the very best winter tyre? Watch this!
Given 86% while driving a Suzuki k4 600 k9 750 (180/55 R17) on mostly country roads for 2,600 spirited miles
I ride a Gixxer 750 K9 which I have had from new, and stuck with the Battlax BT016R's as they have never let me down. True, it means I cannot comare them to other tyres, but I have run Pirelli Cors'a before on a K3750, and they were a great tyre at that time.
Dry weather and I have a 100% confidence in them, and have blatted them around quite a few tracks, and they are more than good enough for me, and I am reasonably quick and have no chicken lines. Wet weather, and I am not that brave, but again, they have not let me down unless I have maybe asked a bit too much.
The comments on the wear factor, I do agree, but when I look at the cost and what I get back, it is money well spent.
So will stick with them, and although no doubt Bridgestone and Suzuki have a mutual trading relationship, if Suzuki think they are right for the bike after shed loads of testing, that is cool with me.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 22, 2019
Given 25% while driving a Suzuki GsxR 600 (180/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
Bike came with these on. I high-sided going round a slight bend and 100% blame these tyres. If your using them be very careful in the rain. Shocking tyre.
19 - tyre reviewed on August 4, 2018
GMC Honda cbr900 1997 (180/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 100 spirited miles
Previously had metzeler M3 spite on my 97 blade and thought they were brilliant,my front wheel is still original 16" so limited for choice,after purchasing a set of BT016 and fitting them a took the bike out on not a hot or warm day to try them,after less than a mile a was getting feedback from the tyres to say yes you can drop in to the corner how i wanted,being cautious i never but waited about another 3 miles the on a roundabout dropped my knee to the floor no problem..10 out of 10 for these tyres,so purchased another set as they were £124 for the pair from hunters Newcastle 👍👍👍
0 - tyre reviewed on April 19, 2017