Metzeler ROADTEC 01

The Metzeler ROADTEC 01 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Motorcycle

Tyre review data from 16 tyre reviews averaging 85% over 83,508 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Metzeler ROADTEC 01
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Metzeler ROADTEC 01
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Metzeler ROADTEC 01. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Metzeler ROADTEC 01 Review

Given 93% while driving a Ducati Multistrada 1200 (190/55 R17) on for 0 miles
I've had the 01's fitted to the Multistrada 1200 since February replacing PR4's and Angel GT's, compared to the others I found the Roadtec 01's to steer quicker but they were stable at speed and once leaned in.

The grip in the cold and wet was confidence inspiring and I had no problems riding in torrential rain, snow or just damp. Once the weather has warmed up I've been happy to explore the grip right up to the edge with no suprises.

They've lasted some 8000 miles on my Multi which is better than both the tyres I replaced, so I'll definately be buying these gain.
94 - tyre reviewed on August 21, 2016

Latest Metzeler ROADTEC 01 Reviews

Have you driven on the Metzeler ROADTEC 01 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Metzeler ROADTEC 01? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Metzeler ROADTEC 01 >>

Given 97% while driving a Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 8,500 spirited miles
Excellent tires. Long wearing (Over 12,000KM and I'd say with at least 4,000km more at least). I'm a large heavy dude (about 100 KG) and the bike has cases and they're often loaded. So lots of weight on the bike. Ride two up say 60 percent of the time. Riding conditions are brutal. Hot (Over 30 celcius) humid tropical climate. 90 percent city riding. I accelerate hard and brake hard. Tire pressure religiously adhered to (I have lovely portable tire inflator that helps a big bunch). Some of the best bike tires I've used on this adventure tourer. Tried other brands but keep coming back to this tire.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 25, 2020
Given 73% while driving a (190/55 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 10,000 spirited miles
I transitioned to the '01's from the Pirelli Scorpion Trail II's which were decent (but wore out really fast). That was 17,000 kms ago. I've since run through two rears and am looking to pick up my third. In reality, it lasts about 10,000 km in my experience & my first rear went early because of a large puncture I picked up. My Pirelli's lasted about 6000 km and cost the same. Dry grip & tire feedback is clearly higher than the Scorpion Trails and the inspires reasonable confidence on tarmac. I really haven't pushed hard in the wet and honestly it makes little sense to do so on a loaded 300kg adventure tourer. However, they have never made me feel I need to change modes from Sport to Rain due to tyre slip. In summary, I believe these were a league apart when they were launched but other products have caught up.
1 - tyre reviewed on October 14, 2020
Trying to pick the very best winter tyre? Watch this!
Given 74% while driving a BMW R1200GS (170/60 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 3,000 average miles
R1200 GS. Great on the road a bit noisy but I like to hear how the tyre is working. On a trip to Scotland got a puncture from the rough pavement surface on Skye and a couple of days later a slow puncture from some stones on the road that got embedded in the tyre. Not claiming to be a trail tyre of any kind so fair enough but any of the 90 road/ 10 trail tyres were significantly more substantial
8 - tyre reviewed on July 27, 2020
Triumph (190/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 8 average miles
I only have a full motorcycle license and have commuted to work in all weather for the past 36years.. I have covered 8,700 on these tyres in 10 months and i can honestly say they are the best all weather tyre i have evey had. They inspire confidence in the wet and I will be purchasing a new set in the coming month. Highly recommend.
14 - tyre reviewed on October 25, 2019