Michelin City Grip 2

The Michelin City Grip 2 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Motorcycles.

Tyre review data from 4 tyre reviews averaging 98% over 3,300 miles driven.

The City Grip 2 is ranked 1st of 27 Summer Premium Touring tyres.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Michelin City Grip 2

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Michelin City Grip 2

Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Michelin City Grip 2. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top 3 Michelin City Grip 2 Reviews

Given 100% while driving a (120/70 R12) on mostly town for 300 average miles
Had these fitted to my GTS300 a few weeks back, replacing the usual (and OEM) Michelin City Grips. Two things are instantly obvious, compared to the already good City Grips: 1) these are way more confident leant over, presumably because of the shape, which is much more like a "proper" motorcycle tyre, and what must be more sticky rubber at the edges; 2) they feel stiffer (at the same pressure) so float over bumps better, rather than getting bogged down on them. Both dry and wet grip are excellent (once the initial sheen has worn off!). I live in London so don't often push too hard but while I've definitely almost lost the front on the City Grips once or twice over the years these feel rock solid. They also improve the feel of the bike even riding in a straight line. All in all, a very good upgrade for very little extra money...
Helpful 33 - tyre reviewed on October 2, 2020
Given 93% while driving a (120/80 R14) on a combination of roads for 500 easy going miles
There bloody good tyres for wet weather highly recommend them for scooters
Helpful 18 - tyre reviewed on November 15, 2020
Given 97% while driving a Honda Foresight 250 (120/70 R12) on mostly country roads for 2,500 spirited miles
For what it is, this tire is amazing! I paired these with EBC sintered brake pads and hardened vented EBC rotors on a 250cc Honda scooter. The braking strength and grip is astonishing for a scooter with 12 inch wheels. I'm concerned that it might have strong enough braking power to actually collapse the little front suspension or steering head bearing and fold the front wheel under the bike in a panic stop with a fully loaded bike and warm tires- its THAT strong on dry roads with warm rubber, the grip is just endless. When the rubber is cold-cold, it's really best to ride quite delicately, and this it true for literally all tires. These tires warm up quickly and that's when they bite into the street and start to really work. In turns, they are stable, predictable, very grippy and offer excellent feedback. My 250 scooter drags hard parts on the street when I lean it all the way over in the curves, both left and right. Turn-in is sharp and precise. Grip is progressive in the way it eventually crosses the limit, giving the rider a very good chance to counter manoeuvre and save it. This second-gen tire does much better than the original city grips, which struggled with the painted lines on the road when wet. Since these are "M+S" tires, they are technically all-season tires. I can attest to their reliability in all weather, as I've daily driven this Honda scooter throughout winter in the Alps of Austria. Rain, snow, freezing temps, all are possible when the bike is ridden appropriately for the conditions. Tires are not a cure-all, but quality rubber certainly changes the riding experience, and these Michelins are my only choice. Wear is only just now becoming discernible after 2,500km, and performance is unaffected. Price is slightly higher than competition, but undoubtedly worth it to me. I wouldn't need any additional sporty performance than what I'm getting from this all season tire, so it is used in all seasons. It does just as great in the city as it does on the motorway or canyons. My wife hated motorcycles and the idea of riding, but she is now applying for her motorbike license after riding less than one season with me. I can't help but believe that these Michelins played a role in that effect.
Helpful 8 - tyre reviewed on May 5, 2022
Have you driven on the Michelin City Grip 2 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Michelin City Grip 2? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Michelin City Grip 2 >