Dunlop SP Sport 270

The Dunlop SP Sport 270 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 11 tyre reviews averaging 43% over 153,000 miles driven.

The SP Sport 270 is ranked 126th of 127 Summer Premium Touring tyres.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Dunlop SP Sport 270
Size Fuel Wet Noise Weight
215/60 R17 96H XL   C E 70 10.22kgs
225/60 R17 99H XL   C C 71 12.66kgs
235/55 R18 99V XL   C C 71 13.00kgs
235/55 R18 99V XL   C C 71 13.00kgs
235/55 R18 100H XL   E E 71 13.50kgs
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Dunlop SP Sport 270. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

SP Sport 270 Prices

Top 3 Dunlop SP Sport 270 Reviews

Given 39% while driving a Mitsubishi ASX Outlander Sport (215/60 R17 H) on track for 0 spirited miles
Extremely dangerous under rain condition, feels like driving on ice
56 - tyre reviewed on May 13, 2014
Given 56% while driving a Honda Odyssey (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 15,000 average miles
Although it is said to have "improved wet grip", in practice it is not really the case.
I have skidded a few times in the wet at low speed!
9 - tyre reviewed on November 30, 2017
Given 47% while driving a Lexus Rx450h (235/55 R19) on mostly town for 12,000 average miles
Bad tyre! Driving in wet condition can be very dangerous! I have to switch to Eco mode in order to stop excessive wheel spin/ understeer! Just to save my life and other driver...
6 - tyre reviewed on May 12, 2014
Have you driven on the Dunlop SP Sport 270 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Dunlop SP Sport 270? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Dunlop SP Sport 270 >

Latest Dunlop SP Sport 270 Reviews

Given 40% while driving a Honda Odyssey JDM (215/55 R17) on mostly town for 20,000 average miles
Like what the other reviewers said, please don't buy these crap tyres if you value your life. After having almost lost my life in a skid on wet road, and the tyres could't even grip a carpark hump .. I decided enough is enough. One of the worst tyres I ever used, and it was installed as stock tyres by dealership.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 12, 2021
Given 33% while driving a Honda Odyssey (215/55 R17) on mostly town for 32,000 easy going miles
Came fitted with my new car. Start getting noisy at 25000km. Very poor in wet. It slipped often when going up steep slope from standstill.
2 - tyre reviewed on May 2, 2019
Given 40% while driving a Lexus Rx450h (235/55 R19 V) on a combination of roads for 7,000 easy going miles
I'm running these on a 2015 Lexus RX450H and crikey, these are dangerous in the wet. I would expect this from a cheap budget tyre but not from these. These are vague at the best of times and after 7k they are also perishing and wearing unevenly. I have had the tracking done a couple of times so I know its not that. they are coming off asap. I'm not a fan of putting myself at risk so please, before you consider these, give them a wide berth.
3 - tyre reviewed on January 30, 2019
Given 58% while driving a Chevrolet (225/55 R18) on a combination of roads for 18,000 average miles
The tires came as OEM on my Chevy Captiva. Contrary to other driver's reports, I have not experienced any problems when driving in the wet but I tend to be extremely careful when driving in the rain. However, after 30,000Km, I am having to replace all 4 tires. I failed to rotate the tires and the wear on the front tires is excessive. One rear tire got a puncture (nail) and the repair leaks (not a tire fault) and one of the front tires got a deep sidewall gouge which looks potentially dangerous. Therefore, of the 4 OEM tires, only 1 rear tire is acceptably driveable.
1 - tyre reviewed on August 8, 2014
Given 41% while driving a Holden Captiva 7 Series 2 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
We had the SP sport 270 on our Captiva as we bought is brand new. After 27000k the first Front tyre is down to the limit. Absolute redikulous! Do not buy this tyre!!
1 - tyre reviewed on June 7, 2014
Given 44% while driving a Vauxhall Antara (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 7,000 average miles
I've driven around 8000 miles on these tyres and the wear is rediculous. Performace reasonable, but I won't be buying these again due to the excessive wear.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 18, 2013
Given 34% while driving a Lexus RX 450h (235/55 R19) on a combination of roads for 8,000 average miles
I too drive a Lexus RX450H (F sport). The wear on these tyres (came fitted on new car) is appalling. They are ok in the dry, but not solid in the wet. I would rather have had Bridgestone or Yokohama.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 21, 2013
Given 50% while driving a Lexus RX 450h (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 14,000 easy going miles
The tyres are worstless in the wet.
I drive a Lexus RX 450h and in the wet the tyres give a lot of of understeering even at very low speed.
1 - tyre reviewed on April 10, 2013