Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2

The Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre replaced the Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance.

Tyre review data from 41 tyre reviews averaging 91% over 272,790 miles driven.

The EfficientGrip Performance 2 is ranked 3rd of 129 Summer Premium Touring tyres.

2021 ADAC Summer Tyre Test - 205/55 R16 - 4th of 15 tyres

• Positive - Lowest wear, good in the wet, low fuel consumption.
  • Negative - Slightly weaker on dry roads.
  • Overall - The Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 has average steering and can feel imprecise during dry handling, though the dry braking result was good. The tyre performs well in the wet, has a low fuel consumption and a big margin in wear, doubling the worst tyre on test.

2021 ViBilagare Summer Tyre Test - 2nd of 8 tyres

• Positive - Responsive and easy to drive in the wet and dry, very good levels of comfort and quietest tyre on test.
  • Negative - Average aquaplaning resistance.

2021 53 Summer Tyre Braking Test - 13th of 53 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2

Questions and Answers for the Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2

2020-07-15 - Thanks for all your excellent and comprehensive reviews! I usually put Goodyear tyres on my 2004 BMW 330Ci convertible as they almost always rate very highly in tests. It takes 205/50 R17 93Ws. I am attracted to the EfficientGrip Performance 2 as it scores very highly in all categories. The EU rating is A for wet grip and B for rolling resistance. It is described as a premium touring tyre. It seems to be new though and there aren’t as many tests available for it. My normal choice would have been the Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5. This is also A rated for wet grip but only E for rolling resistance. It is described as a max performance tyre. Both of the above are available in the size I need and I am genuinely conflicted as to which of them would be the best choice for my BMW. It is a powerful car and heavy in convertible form. The two tyres each rate highly among their category peers (touring/ max performance) but, because of the different categories, I can’t find a review/ test that rates them against each other. The EfficientGrip seems to be perfectly adequate for the weight & speed ratings required for my car. I note that the Eagle F1 is the only option in larger tyre sizes that might be required for a high performance car and my feeling is that the Eagle F1 would be better suited for spirited driving but I am concerned about the E rating for rolling resistance. I would be grateful for your input in choosing between these and your advice as to the criteria for ultimately deciding between them. I would normally have picked the Eagle F1 but as these both score almost identically and the EfficientGrip scores better for rolling resistance and tyre life I am swinging towards it instead but maybe the E rating of the Eagle F1 isn’t all bad and there are other factors I should consider. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

If you prefer a comfortable ride above all else, at the expense of sporty handling, then the EfficientGrip Performance 2 range is the choice. For me, I would put the Asymmetric 5 on the vehicle as I like to enjoy driving, and the real world difference between B and E in rolling resistance doesn't amount to a huge amount of extra petrol over the life of a tyre!

2021-03-05 - Which one should I choose between these one and GY Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5? Im looking for size 225/45/17 for Audi A3.

The Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 is the better tyre if you would prefer more comfort, and the Asymmetric 5 is the more sporty tyre.

2020-09-05 - What is the weight for a 205/55/16 tyre? Thanks

You can find the weight here

2020-10-25 - what is the country that made this model please? Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 size 205/55/16

It will depend on where you are in the world and what load and speed index you require. I suggest speaking to a local tyre dealer to find out where his stock of the Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 is manufactured.

2021-04-07 - I am considering Goodyear EP2 and the BFG Advantage in 205/55/16 size. Inclination goes to the goodyear, but you say that the BFG is even more comfortable. Is there really a difference in comfort between these two? I have a Seat Leon which has some horrid tires, and want to swap them to the most comfortable on the market, but still retain some decent performance.

In my test the Goodyear and BFGoodrich were different load ratings so it's not the best comparison of comfort. I would suggest fitting the EfficientGrip Performance 2 as the other benefits of the tyre outweigh a very small increase in comfort for a tyre with lesser abilities overall.

2022-01-11 - What is the commanded cold Tyre pressure of the Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance 2 205/55R/16 91W?

The tyre pressures are vehicle dependant so please check your handbook or door shut for the correct pressure.

EfficientGrip Performance 2 Prices

YouTube Review

Top 3 Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 Reviews

Given 100% while driving a Toyota Auris (205/55 R16 V) on mostly motorways for 1,000 easy going miles
Been looking for new set of summer tyres after decided to change my wheels size too, I went from 17” wheels down to 16” and fitted new set of Goodyear efficient grip performance 2, latest model tyres, they were made in week 7 of 2020 and I fitted them in week 8 of 2020, absolutely brand new and fresh rubber. So far so good, traveled around 1000 miles and tyres are excellent, performance, comfort, even though they are smaller size there is no negative performance, corners great, braking in both dry and wet is good, car feels very positive to drive , noise level also good. This is the first review of these new model efficient grip performance as other reviews are for the older model, I been using the previous egp for years and now I think my tyres for the next few years are exactly those especially if they last as they are advertised . Highly recommend to try them. They are made in Germany too. 👍
152 - tyre reviewed on March 8, 2020
Given 98% while driving a Audi a3 s line (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 100 average miles
Hello I am from Cyprus and my car is Audi A3 sportback. I have before Chinese tyres davandi and after intertrac tyres. Very bad tyres don’t buy this brands. After that I decided to buy a better tyres. For the last 3 years I used them Continental contisport contact 5. It was good tyres I don’t have anything bad to say about this tyres. After the Continental I did my research and I decided to buy the Goodyear efficiendgrip performance 2. I have this tyres 1 month now and it’s absolutely amazing tyres. I don’t Know yet for the wet grip and for the wear. I pushed my car to the limits and my tyres give me a very good feeling they give me confidence a safety filing. I have to say it’s very comfortable tyres I don’t feel the pumps and the bad roads in Cyprus and it’s very silently too I don’t hear anything to the cabin. I will give a better review in 6 months. I am sorry for my bad English
70 - tyre reviewed on August 5, 2020
Given 90% while driving a Volkswagen Golf 1.9 Tdi (195/65 R15) on a combination of roads for 100 average miles
I just bought these tires today and drove them for 50km. My previous tires were the predecessors: Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance. I drove them 53.000km on the same Golf MK5 and the thread went down to 4mm, I could still drive them for 20.000km more if I need to, but I wanted to refresh my Golf with better ride. This is just the initial impression, these tyres are similar to the old ones, which were already great except for the noise, they were noisy and the comfort was just average. The new ones are less noisy and more comfortable. I will update this review over time with more info.
64 - tyre reviewed on May 4, 2021
Have you driven on the Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 >

Latest Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 Reviews

Given 87% while driving a BMW 318D (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 32,900 miles
The Goodyear efficient grip performance 2 has been on my car for just under 2 years and 32900 miles, overall i've been very happy with the tyres good overall performance and wear has been exceptional! I still had 3 mm when I replaced the front tyres however they had warped and the ride had suffered significantly. I don't know what caused the tyres to warp but to be fair they had done 32900 miles. Without a second thought I bought the same again, fantastic tyres for the price. Great job Goodyear
0 - tyre reviewed on January 26, 2022
Given 43% while driving a Ford S Max (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 3,000 easy going miles
(6K miles/year, mainly urban) Grip was excellent as to be expected based on the recommendation from the garage. However, the fronts lasted six months! Yes, we barley got six months and the tread was gone completely. The rear tyres had minimal wear. The rears were swapped to the front and lasted another six months. These tyres are not suited for heavy load vehicles such as the S-Max. Also be aware, both sets of tyres caused a very worrying vibration over 40mph which disappeared at 60mph and above. Replaced with Hankook S1 EVO2 94w tyres. The fronts lasted one year. Best tyres to date have been a set of General Altimax 98W XL. These are slightly noisier tyres but lasted 1.5 yrs.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 20, 2022
Given 100% while driving a Vauxhall Astra SRi (215/50 R17) on a combination of roads for 3,000 spirited miles
Very good tire in the dry and wet. Feels safe in corners, no slipping on bends. The handles just as good in the wet as the dry, little road noise. After 3000 miles no sign of wear yet.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 4, 2022
Given 95% while driving a Mercedes Benz A180 CDI W176 (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
So far so good. It is one of the best tyres I have ever placed on my Mercedes. First of all comfort and noise: since the suspension of my Mercedes is tough with the previous tyres I felt and hear all the bumps on the road. Now the situation improved 101% the steer is lighter the noise doesn't exist and the wheels pass the bumps smoother than ever. Greek roads are awful and since I use the car mostly in the city I can say it is the best tyres as far as comfort noise and steer. Now on the highways: fuel economy is outstanding. The tyres are so smooth and helps a lot at the acceleration of the car. The only concern is when trying to drive on a close or long turn. Since I drive fast I would like to be more steady the car but for normal conditions you will not feel anything. But if you drive fast then you will feel that the softness of the tyres don't help to keep the car inline. Haven't tested yet on wet. I definitely would by them again.
3 - tyre reviewed on November 8, 2021
Skoda (225/50 R17) on a combination of roads for 15,350 average miles
Had to do 3 genuine emergency stops 2 in the dry 1 with surface water and the car stopped far faster than I expected. Very pleased with braking. Handling is good and predictable, sufficient feedback to know what is going on. They are quite and my fuel consumption got 2mpg better. The one area that is truly outstanding, in fact so good I had to check my receipt for mileage when fitted. The wear is at least 50% better than the Michelin premacy 4 I had on before or the Hankook's before them. Considering the grip is very good to also get outstanding long life is truly amazing. I will definitely buy again and have recommended these tyres to family and friends
2 - tyre reviewed on October 28, 2021
Given 96% while driving a Renault Clio 1.4 sports tourer (195/45 R16) on a combination of roads for 0 easy going miles
Renault Clio 1.6 GT line sports tourer petrol 2011 . Previous tyres Michelin energy saver plus which delaminated. and heavy cracking Great tyres for wear Now unavailable Replaced with Goodyear Efficient Grip 2. Wider tyre with Rim protection which is very nice. Good looking tyre three tread.groves on this size 8.5 mm new. Total Transformation on Ride Quality Comfort and Noise. Waited 6 months for these tyres to come through on sizing. 195 50 16 88V Extra Load Tyres made In France Noticeably stronger stopping on dry roads and excellent responce on steering and stopping on resent heavy rain and downpours. Very stable at Motorway speeds and again very quite Vehicle feels Far more secure and responsive. Fuel consumption has improved also . Well worth the patience wating for these tyres. Treadwear 360 on sidewalls . To early to assess wear but I am sure these superb tyres will fullfill all promises from all the reviews on the tyre tests. Anyone considering these tyres just go and buy them.
1 - tyre reviewed on October 25, 2021
Given 100% while driving a Ford Ecosport (205/60 R16) on for 10,000 spirited miles
This tire is the best I have worn in my car. I recommend it to everyone.
6 - tyre reviewed on October 14, 2021
Mercedes Benz (205/55 R16) on mostly motorways for 5,000 average miles
Good grip in the dry. Low nise. Comfortable Very good road feed back
4 - tyre reviewed on October 11, 2021
Given 100% while driving a Audi A3 (205/55 R16) on mostly motorways for 100 easy going miles
10 out of 10 . ive got 4 goodyear efficient grip performance 2 on my audi a3 they are a very good quality premium tyres for great grip which is excellent in all weathers and perfect tyres for high miles that i do on motorways.
4 - tyre reviewed on October 6, 2021
Given 99% while driving a Audi A3 2.0 TDI 140 (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 13,000 average miles
Bought these tires in May 2020 and ever since I am truly happy with them. I had many others like Michelin Primacy 4 which wore out quicker than my slippers and Turanza ones which were deadly in the slightest wet conditions. So after these reading the actual test of these I bought them 17months ago and never had an issue with them. Good grip on wet road without slipping, less road noise than any of the previous tires I had before, wear is minimal after 13000 miles. Just swap them around once a year and they will be fine. Tyre pressure on front 2.2-2.3 Bar and 1.8-1.9 in the rear.
3 - tyre reviewed on October 3, 2021
Given 33% while driving a Mercedes Benz B200cdi (225/55 R16) on mostly motorways for 100 easy going miles
Replaced Efficient Grip 1 with Efficient Grip 2. The '2' tyres are NOISY and sing like the sand tyres on an army truck, not quite so loudly. The singing is noticeable at all speeds up to about 60mph when the noise is drowned out by other noise. Goodyear suggest checking the tracking (done, no effect) or putting the '2' tyres on the rear as well (not done, then there would be twice the noise!). The tread blocks appear to have some scrambling of geometry (which is usually done to prevent singing), but perhaps not enough. I don't understand how Goodyear have got this so wrong.
3 - tyre reviewed on September 30, 2021
Given 91% while driving a Citroën c3 Picasso 1.6 diesel (195/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
A massive improvement between the rainsport 5 that I had. Directivity is one of the tire that I had!
0 - tyre reviewed on September 23, 2021