Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2

The Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance

Tyre review data from 18 tyre reviews averaging 93% over 177,240 miles driven.

Latest Group Test Results

2020 Teknikens 17 Inch Summer Tyre Test - 2nd of 10 tyres

• Positive - No obvious flaws and good balance of characteristics.
  • Negative - Average resistance to aquaplaning.

2020 New 17 Inch Summer Tyre Test - 6th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Low rolling resistance, excellent wet performance.
  • Negative - Average noise, slightly slow steering in the dry.

2020 Tyre Reviews Ultimate Summer Tyre Test - 2nd of 12 tyres

• Positive - The new EfficientGrip Performance 2 is a very well rounded tyre with excellent grip in the dry and wet, low levels of noise, high levels of comfort, very low rolling resistance and well priced.
  • Negative - Low aquaplaning resistance and slightly long braking distances in the dry and wet cost it victory.
  • Overall - An extremely well rounded tyre with no major weaknesses, other than aquaplaning. Good levels of comfort and low fuel use make this an excellent tyre for real world driving.

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2

Questions and Answers for the Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2

2020-09-05 - What is the weight for a 205/55/16 tyre? Thanks

You can find the weight here

2020-10-25 - what is the country that made this model please? Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 size 205/55/16

It will depend on where you are in the world and what load and speed index you require. I suggest speaking to a local tyre dealer to find out where his stock of the Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 is manufactured.

Top Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 Review

Given 100% while driving a Toyota Auris (205/55 R16 V) on mostly motorways for 1,000 easy going miles
Been looking for new set of summer tyres after decided to change my wheels size too, I went from 17” wheels down to 16” and fitted new set of Goodyear efficient grip performance 2, latest model tyres, they were made in week 7 of 2020 and I fitted them in week 8 of 2020, absolutely brand new and fresh rubber. So far so good, traveled around 1000 miles and tyres are excellent, performance, comfort, even though they are smaller size there is no negative performance, corners great, braking in both dry and wet is good, car feels very positive to drive , noise level also good. This is the first review of these new model efficient grip performance as other reviews are for the older model, I been using the previous egp for years and now I think my tyres for the next few years are exactly those especially if they last as they are advertised . Highly recommend to try them. They are made in Germany too. 👍
109 - tyre reviewed on March 8, 2020

Latest Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 >>

Given 100% while driving a Volkswagen Mk7 Golf 1.4 Tsi 150hp ACT (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
Just before Xmas, my Mk7 Golf 1.4 TSI 150hp needed some new rubber, so decided to change all 4. Previously I was using Bridgestone Turenza’s. Great grip but very noisy. After fitting the Goodyear’s I can’t believe how much it’s transformed the car. Very quiet. Great in wet, icy and dry conditions. The comfort level is awesome too, and dare I say, these are probably the best tyres I’ve ever purchased. Would buy again 100%.
2 - tyre reviewed on January 14, 2021
Given 90% while driving a Renault Captur (225/60 R17) on a combination of roads for 30,000 easy going miles
Brand new car with brand new tyres. A little to early to be optimistic or critical, will check back next year.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 6, 2021
Trying to pick the very best winter tyre? Watch this!
Given 93% while driving a Ford Focus MK3 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 3,000 spirited miles
I had to change all 4 tyres on my Focus 215/50/R17 95W XL after 4 years (since new) and 87126 km/54137mles. The original tyres where Michelin Primacy HP and I think they lasted a lot (they still had legal thread on them) but besides endurance they where a very bad tyre. At the end of they're life, the grip on dry was very poor and on wet roads....well...... very tail happy. Out with the old and in with the new Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2. First off, the comfort level it's huge in comparison. A very very comfortable tyre that absorbs bumps and potholes very well and a quiet tyre... most of the times. The grip is good too in the dry and I didn't had yet a chance to drive on a wet road (I live In S-E of Spain and we don't get to much rain even now in winter) but instead I drove on a damp-ish road and it was ok (more updates on this when it rains). The inputs feel ok, it doesn't loose traction easy and again, a very smooth tyre. The negatives: -from 50-60 km/h and again around 140km/h there is a noise/humming kind of coming from the tyres and I don't know why is it doing that. I had the tyres balanced and aligned of course. - I had to drive on a dirt road for about 400-500m and I guess, because of the design/patern of the tyre, the side of the car and the back of course got very very dusty. I bet on a wet day the side of the car will get very very dirty but maybe it's a good thing - water evacuation... will see and I will come back on that. - maybe because it absorbs bumps very well it feels like a soft tyre and I am afraid that they will not last as much as the MIchelins but time will tell. I am very happy with my choice and I hope they will last me at least 60k km. I was not happy about the price though but it's not the manufacturers fault. It's an expensive size 215/50/R17. I paid 517€ fited and alignment and everything, but in comparison for 4 Michelin Primacy 4 I would have had to pay 635€. For me that's a good saving, Maybe next time I will downgrade to a 16'' rim because they take 205/55/R16 and that's 410€ for the Michelin and about 370€ for the Goodyear.
2 - tyre reviewed on January 2, 2021
Given 96% while driving a Ford Focus (205/60 R16 H) on mostly town for 1,000 spirited miles
Very good in the dry and completely exceptional in wet conditions. It's as if they come alive it the worst wet conditions... imagine driving through standing water and feeling as assured when in the dry. The comfort levels on road humps were a big improvement over the Continental ECO Contact 5 which the 2019 Focus MK4 came with. This new rubber could be the benchmark for Premium Touring tyres.
5 - tyre reviewed on December 15, 2020
Given 93% while driving a Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 HDI (90) Sport (205/55 R16) on mostly country roads for 17,000 spirited miles
I have a peugeot 207sw 1.6hdi. I have normally bought either continental or toyos for my car, which only last about 12 months (10000 miles) to the wear indicators. Decided on these goodyears this time, so glad i did. Goodyear EG2 are fabulous. Wet grip when new to below half tread is phonominal and dry grip is better than the toyo cf2 and continentals by a long way. And as a bonus the Goodyears are very noticably quieter. They last much longer even though they are softer feeling. I drive pretty quickly everywhere and my daily drive has several tight corners, narrow regularly flooded sections and roundabouts. And i am now about to buy the goodyear EG2's again after 20 months and 17000 miles. Top tip: try searching for slightly different sized tyres then what is fitted to your car. For example, my car is supposed to have 195/55/16. The Goodyear EG2's were £94.76 each fitted. But by changing the tyre size slightly to 205/55/16 they came in at £62.99 each fitted. Thats one hell of a difference AND they are slightly wider! Obviously before you buy bigger tyres, check that you have enough clearance to the suspension and arches. Or you could go down a size and may have a good saving. I was told by my fitter that the price difference is due to the bigger tyre being much more common size so the price is lower!
6 - tyre reviewed on November 10, 2020

See all 14 customer reviews of the Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 (newest first) >>