Michelin Primacy 4+

The Michelin Primacy 4+ updates the hugely successful Primacy 4 with better braking performance when worn. The new Michelin EverGrip technology combines two layers of rubber to offset the loss of tread depth when worn.

This tyre replaced the Michelin Primacy 4.

Tyre review data from 7 tyre reviews averaging 89% over 25,700 miles driven.

The Primacy 4+ is ranked 6th of 138 Summer Premium Touring tyres.

Reports

2022 Auto Express SUV Tyre Test - 5th of 7 tyres

• Overall - The new Primacy 4+ has good braking and low rolling resistance but average dry and wet handling.

2022 Tyre Tests

• 5th: 2022 Auto Express SUV Tyre Test (235/55 R18)
  • Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Michelin Primacy 4 Plus

Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Michelin Primacy 4 Plus. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

YouTube Review

Top 3 Michelin Primacy 4 Plus Reviews

Given 97% while driving a Honda Civic FK7 Sport (235/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
    Coming from the Civics original tyres Primacy 3 that’s lasted 25Kmls or just over 4 years, I don’t do a lot of miles daily but those Primacy 3 tyres served me well with just the road noise being a little loud at times I liked the dry, wet, handling and comfort of these Michelin’s.

So with not a lot of info on the new Primacy 4Plus and needing 4tyres I decided to go with these anyway as only £1.oo each dearer than the primacy 4 when I purchased, in for a penny in for a pound, these are the XL reinforced version I went for as they are a whole 1DB quieter than the non XL version according to the tyre info.

Noise loudness will always be dependent on the surface you drive on, so as surfaces change so does the tyre noise but the difference between these Primacy 4Plus and the old Primacy 3 is night and day and worth the price of entry alone in my ears, no they ain’t dead quiet/ silent but are a lot more bearable and not as intrusive, as I’ve went from listening out to hear the difference to now not noticing the noise like I did with the old tyres.

Comfort - oh yeah less noise and there’s a softness, definitely more comfortable drive

In the dry the tyres are good , nice feedback from the road however sharp corners taken fast pushing the limit there is a give there that you are wary of after the first time, but this will make you safer as you won’t push quite as hard, it’s that softness mentioned earlier that gives you this feeling/ feedback on hairpin bends.

In the wet, love them, it rains in Scotland and the surface water can be a bit deeper and running on the roads in areas, but these Primacy 4 plus, just grip grip and grip and provide a lot of confidence way bettering than the old Primacy 3 on the civic, a tyre for Scotland without doubt

The tread is less on the 4 plus than on my new Primacy 3 when got the car but these P4 plus are meant to be harder wearing tyre so only time will tell, but if they last 20Kmls or 4 years then I’d be more than happy.

Initial thoughts on first 1Kmls is if you want a premium tyre live in a wet summer area and enjoy less noise and improved comfort give these a go.
    Helpful 56 - tyre reviewed on July 24, 2022
    Given 60% while driving a BMW 320i (205/60 R16) on a combination of roads for 1,100 spirited miles
    Initial review after a few days of driving with these brand new Michelin tyres for a long distance on various roads and weather. According to the tyre-dealer this is the very latest Michelin tyres, same size as the original tyres. This is not my car but I have often driven this car since it was new with two other different set of tyres from two other premium tyre brands. The original OEM tyres were Run-Flats which I did not like at all, rather mediocre tyres in every aspect. The second set of tyres were from yet another premium tyre brand, not Run-Flat tyres but the same original size, and I really liked those tyres on this car, very good comfort and noise level, very good performance in every aspect except wear which was rather mediocre. The new Michelins are significantly better than the original Run-Flat in every way, but they can not quite match the second set of tyres from another brand. The Michelins have in general a little bit more diffuse feeling and tendencies to instability on certain surfaces, I preferred the previous set of tires regarding feel, handling and stability, but it is very small differences. The comfort and noise level on the Michelins are much better than the OEM Run-Flat and about the same as the second set of tyres, I did however prefer the second set of tyres, I just liked them a little bit better. The Michelins are in general predictable and controllable in wet and dry and will probably not surprise with bad behavior although I would say that the tyres probably do not like cold rainy weather, I had a ”surprise” in a wet rainy roundabout coming home from the long drive, the temperature was ca 2-3 degrees, I was caught in this "surprising" skid and the stability systems on the car really had to work overtime, it's the only ”surprise” I had so far with these tyres, and maybe in all honesty I might have been over-optimistic in that roundabout, but I have done the same with the other tyres in the same circumstances in the same roundabout without "surprises". There is nothing particular wrong with the Michelins, not huge differences, good grip wet and dry, relatively good comfort and noise level, acceptable handling and feel, but they are not worth the extra cost, they do not exceed other tyre brands, in fact they do not quite match the previous set of tyres from 2020. I guess the joker here would be the wear rate, the other tyre brands had rather poor wear, if the Michelins have significantly better wear rate then this could probably persuade some buyers, but not for me, I prefer the best handling and feel over wear rate.
    Helpful 26 - tyre reviewed on April 23, 2022
    Given 100% while driving a Mercedes Benz A45 S AMG (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
    fantastic tires , oh my god , michelin best brand
    Helpful 25 - tyre reviewed on April 29, 2022
    Have you driven on the Michelin Primacy 4 Plus tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Michelin Primacy 4 Plus? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Michelin Primacy 4 Plus >

Latest Michelin Primacy 4 Plus Reviews

Given 87% while driving a Skoda (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 2,500 average miles
    Bought these to replace my Dunlop sport rt2 tyres. So this review is based on that. If course the rt2 is a sport tyre and I assume these are touring tyres .... Safe to assume because they are so so much quieter ( yes very much noticeable) and provide a softer ride. Comforting to know they also perform well as they wear down. No unnecessary wheel spins so they hold grip well . I dont push my car to test tyres..... to me that's a an uneccassary risk, however after 2500 miles I've had no worrying moments with the primacy 4+ s . If i were to critisise I don't think the car handles quite as direct now but not by much , but again maybe the difference between sport and touring tyres. I've not really had much chance to try these in the rain yet. The old dunolps always wore down fast even though I'm no boy racer. Let's hope there's more life in these michelins. Bought as a great deal between ATS euromaster and paying via a santander bank card for another 10% off.
    Helpful 5 - tyre reviewed on July 15, 2022
    Given 95% while driving a Saab Automobile 9000 Turbo (205/55 R16) on mostly motorways for 0 average miles
    205/55 R16 91W weights 8.45kg. Made in Poland. It is funny that it still says "Primacy 4" on the tire, without "+".
    Helpful 9 - tyre reviewed on July 6, 2022
    Want to know what the BEST AT tires are? Watch below!
    Given 90% while driving a Skoda (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,100 average miles
    I've replaced my Dunlop rt2s on my skoda octavia with these. The main reason I picked michelin tyres was because my Dunlop seemed to wear out fairly quickly. Handling feels the same.... I dont carry out daring braking or driving but they have given me confidence in both conditions and I now drive more confidently with them than my previous tyres ..... Thats confident, not drive like an idiot... The one thing I really wanted was quiet tyres and these are super quiet, I'm really impressed just how quiet. Not only that but they've also added comfort to the ride. This maybe because they're more of a touring tyre than sport tyre. For comparison, I rarely do motorway driving, just A roads and city driving. So far so good after just over 1000 miles... Personal tyre reviews do bother me, as we can only judge them based on our previous set of tyres, and rarely can any retail customer carry out track tests .. But im adamant these are an improvement for me.
    Helpful 10 - tyre reviewed on May 26, 2022
    Given 94% while driving a Volkswagen Passat 1.4 tsi B7 122 BHP (205/55 R16) on mostly motorways for 20,000 miles
    Tyre is excellent that’s the second pair i purchase from the primacy 4 plus , i’m an aggressive driver who always drive 140+ km/h thanks michelin for letting me feel safe on the road
    Helpful 18 - tyre reviewed on May 21, 2022