Bridgestone DriveGuard Reviews - Page 2

Given 50% while driving a Lexus IS300 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10 average miles
As i do a lot of Motorway driving i thought these would be ideal puncture protection. They Handled well in all conditions (except snow, but many don't). Unfortunately the tyres lasted approx 10,000 miles and had worn on rear inner edge down to below 1mm with cord showing ! Towards the end of their life (approx5mm) the handling of the car had changed completely, "tram lining", wander, and poor grip. I am very disappointed with the life of these tyres (my factory fitted Yokohamas lasted nearly 30,000 miles). Great when new , poor when part worn.Not worth the extra money in my opinion.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 8, 2018
Given 51% while driving a Skoda Superb II combi 2.0 tdi cr (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 9,000 average miles
Great Grip but terrible noise feedback and 9k miles wear is crazy bad ..
1 - tyre reviewed on February 3, 2018
Given 73% while driving a BMW 120d (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
These replaced 4 worn Potenzas and immediately felt a little softer and noticeably quieter. They're not sports tyres, but, as others have said, 99% of the time that's not relevant. So, generally they're OK, but as winter has set in, they feel skittish as the temperatures have become nearer zero. In today's snow they were quite troubling. I just handed back a courtesy car with Potenzas on and they felt better than the Drive Guards in the icy slush. Admittedly both are summer tyres, but the winter handling would deter me from buying again, albeit I probably saved around £20 a tyre.
3 - tyre reviewed on December 29, 2017
Given 81% while driving a BMW 220d Sport Auto (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 100 average miles
I have just replaced Contisports with DriveGuards, which are much quieter and more comfortable. There is not much difference in feel, and the official grip figures are good. I will have to see how fast they wear, but I'm not too bothered as they are not that expensive.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 20, 2017
Given 87% while driving a BMW 120d (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Switched out the Bridgestone S001 RFTs on my BMW 120d for these DriveGuard tyres on the front (not available for the back - 35 profile). Wow, what a difference. The S001's were made of concrete. These are quieter and absorb the imperfections in the road so much better. So much more comfortable.
As a side note, I put a pair of Good Year F1 Asym 2 RFT on the back a little while after, and these are far more comfortable than the S001s too.

The only downside to these tyres is that they are touring tyres, not high performance tyres. To be honest, you can't really tell unless you have driven both though. Yes, the S001s respond slightly faster, but I wouldn't say they were any more grippy. So for the 1% of the time you get a windy B road with no traffic on it, i'd go with the S001s. But for the other 99% of the time the DriveGuards are answer if you are sticking with a RFT. You honestly won't notice unless you are driving this on a track.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 15, 2017
Given 46% while driving a BMW 320d efficient dynamics (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
Put 2 new Driveguard on rear of BMW E90 last year. Done 10,000 miles and both now worn to below legal limit. My driving style is not excessive - in fact, one other tyre, which was on the car when I bought it two years ago, is a budget brand and still has more tread on it than these Bridgestones! Very disappointing.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 10, 2017
Given 92% while driving a BMW 318D (225/45 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 1,000 easy going miles
Ordered these tyres as replacement run flat. Compared in price to the factory specification Pirelli each tyre was £10 each less also there was a £40 cashback promotion for a pair so it was a non-brainer. The tyre fitters then called to advise that the tyre was not BMW approved. I checked this with Bridgestone who confirmed that it was not "star" rated as not fully tested with BMW. SO the final EU ratings may not be accurate. These were rated A for wet which i can confirm is correct and C for wear and 70DB for noise I took the risk and it is so different from the Pirelli P7. Much less road noise. The tyre is XL and as such the wall looks thick and protrudes like a hot rod. Wear i cannot comment, after 1000 miles no notice in wear. Handling you feel less bumps so feedback is slightly less however the comfort has improved a lot even on motorways. I think Bridgestone should get it star rated as no other tyre on the market performs as well.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 6, 2017
Given 100% while driving a BMW 320 d (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 150,000 spirited miles
Ok I've been through many tyres in my time. Was looking for similar deive to uni royals rain sports and I have found it!. These tyres are truly stunning to drive with and I think I've found my tyre for life. The wet grip is frightening gripping and you will never skid ! On top of that they are run flats and therefore I won't get ripped off if or whenever I get a puncture. I can plan ahead with run flats and order tyres in and not be pressured into buying like with the normal tyres. Thumbs up bridge stone !
1 - tyre reviewed on May 31, 2017
Given 94% while driving a BMW 320d 2010 (225/45 R17 W) on mostly town for 500 average miles
Had these on from bridgestone re050a1 and continentals.
Contis were awesome but wear extremely quickly (lasted 4 months)

Re050a1 is not a bad tyre at all so was interested in trying the drive guard.
Only done approx 500 miles on them. So far so good, holding the road well but not aswell as the continentals (maybe time will tell), surprisingly comfortable for a runflat and can tell a noise reduction.
Overall, very pleased.
8 - tyre reviewed on December 16, 2016
Given 80% while driving a Mitsubishi Lancer 1.8 (Modified) (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Hi,
I have recently bought a set of bridgestone driveguard to substitute my last potenza s001 that ride 50 000 km. The bridgestone potenza s001 were fenominal to my mitsubishi lancer sportback 150 cv and 300 N/m. Now were time to substitute them. I have to say that i drive sportly and fast. Half of km i have made probably was above 200km/h and with fast turns. The other half was quitly, smooth and very zen. For weeks with reserche i decide to try the driveguard. I have them a shoet of time, so i only can comparate to the S001.
The driveguard seems to be very secure tire, with a stable sidewalls like the s001. The wear is about the same. What i don' t know is why they heat so much if i get hard with them in a few km. I don't seem they going last the same like the potenza s001.
Let see what they going to reserve to me.
When i drive more, i post again.
Sorry about the english, i'm portuguese and i love fast cars and i'm fascinate about a good tire.
Pedro
26 - tyre reviewed on August 21, 2016
Given 96% while driving a MINI Cooper Coupe (195/55 R16 R) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Only recently fitted but these tyres have transformed the drive quality of my Mini Coupe. Highly recommended as a run-flat option.
126 - tyre reviewed on May 15, 2016