Michelin Pilot Sport 4 SUV

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 SUV Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 96% while driving a Mazda cx5 (225/55 R19 V) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
I bought the tyres in the beginning of the 2019 summer season here in Vienna, Austria. The Michelin replaced the OE Toyo R36 which was 6 years old. I have extensive background with different tyres as i used to work in a car rental company as well as being the go to guy among friends and family for the past 10 years if it has anything to do with tyres (or cars in that matter) so i am basing my opinion not only on the OE Toyo that came off the car but on all my knowlage and experience with different tyres on different cars. Great dry and wet grip in any event (braking, hard/fast start, taking corners at great speeds and in the middle of the corner turning in even harder/tighter). In my size 225/55 R19 99V (relative tall sidewall and not reinforced tyre) there was a little lack of steering feedback. The tyres in my opinion are silent (i cant hear them) up to 130km/h (80 mp/h) and beyond that i get wind noise in my Mazda so i definitely can't hear the tyres then. They roundup the bumps great. Great aquaplaning reserves and even on roads with just starting light rain (those first few miles where the roads are still slick from the oils not been washed out jet) absolutely no signs of slippage. wear: mine came with about 7.5mm form the factory. After about 24 000 km or 15 000 miles my fronts are at 6-6.5mm and backs around 7mm would i recommend them?: if you want the absolute best tyre and money doesn't bother you ABSOLUTELY. but if you have a car like mine (175ps diesel with 4x4), you wont drive it spirited on B-roads but just on the highway and to the shops but still want good tyres for a decent price there are a lot of good tyres out there that won't break the bank and offer 95% of the Michelin.
2 - tyre reviewed on November 4, 2020
Given 86% while driving a Mercedes Benz GLC 250 4 Matic (235/55 R19 W) on mostly town for 2,800 spirited miles
This was my first change of tires on this car. Experiences are relative to the Bridgestone Dueler H/P Sport RFT that originally came with the car. Changed the tires at at 20,000km after I picked up a nasty bolt on one of the tires.

The PS4 SUVs are definitely more comfortable and provided better tracking and feel (as much as a GLC can offer) compared to the Bridgestones. Traction was appreciably better and this allowed me to take the same sweeping bends with greater confidence. 35psi proved to be the sweet spot for the right balance between handling and comfort.

Had the tires for a while now but have held off sharing till I had the opportunity to experience them under wet conditions.

I got my wish today when the skies opened up and gave me a proper heavy tropical thunderstorm. Driving through the city and on the highway, with lashing tropical rain and large standing puddles (on the highway), I am happy to share that the handling was both composed and surefooted. Driving over standing water, at 80km/h, did not leave me with any aquaplaning. This was despite my repeatedly driving over all available standing water (near the median of the highway) all the way home.

Am happy with the PS4SUV so far. More expensive than other offerings in this tire size? Likely. But my previous experiences with higher end Michelin tires on previous cars have convinced me that the price premium is justified.

51 - tyre reviewed on October 26, 2019
Given 64% while driving a Honda CRV (235/60 R18 V) on mostly motorways for 2,000 spirited miles
Very pricey. Not really worth the money as there are many more tyres which are half the price and performs as good as these.
186 - tyre reviewed on September 5, 2019