Nokian zLine

Nokian zLine Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 59% while driving a Saab Automobile 9 3 Vector Sport TiD 150 Saloon (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
I purchased them to replace Michelin Primacy... and it was mistake. Wet performance is extremely poor on these, and I will recommend anyone to stay away from these as on wet they are for brave people. They glide on little wet. They are ok on dry, but I expected much more from Nokian, especially from they elevated prices. Unfortunately Nokian is known to be well in tests and poor in real life. If I would new it before purchasing, I would buy something else. Good that they discounted this model, I do not know how current are performing, but never more Nokian for me.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 7, 2020
Given 79% while driving a Renault Megane RS250 (225/35 R19) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Great int he wet, little soft in dry
2 - tyre reviewed on January 22, 2020
Given 86% while driving a BMW 523i tourer (225/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 8,000 average miles
#2# I fitted these tires to replace the previous very good Nokian G2. I noticed immediately also a good field in dry and wet conditions. I was impressed by these tires I had essentially chosen for the very low price. The only flaw I noticed is that they seem a bit too soft. High comfort level for low price.
1 - tyre reviewed on April 17, 2019
Given 100% while driving a Saab Automobile 9 5 Aero Wagon (235/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 30 average miles
I just can't score these any higher. I have them on a 2006 Saab 95 Aero Combi and I got 30,000km from them which is the most I ever got on that car. I always used Goodyear Eagle F1s on it before but they were getting very expensive so tried the zLine. In the wet they are so much better than the Goodyear, the water they throw up is massive compared to the Goodyear F1 and they actually aren't bad in snow either. I found their ability to hold air much better too, I check my pressure twice a week and they may drop 1psi in a month where the Goodyear may drop that in a week. Don't get me wrong, the Goodyear Eagles are fantastic but they aren't as good as the Nokian zLine. The most mileage I got from a tire on my Saab was around 11,000km until I got the Nokian tires. In the dry they are very good, great feel and they wear better than anything else I've had, they wear perfectly to be honest. I live in Ireland and the roads here are probably the worst in Europe I reckon, the motorways are good but noisy but they drain water here better than any other European motorway. Some reading this might say I'm over stretching this review but seriously, the Nokian zLine is THE BEST tire I have ever used.
21 - tyre reviewed on September 30, 2018
Given 77% while driving a Ford Mondeo Titanium 2.0 TCDI (225/40 R18 W) on mostly country roads for 1,500 average miles
I use the 225/40/18 on a remaped Ford Mondeo 2.0 tdci with 8.5j rims. Comparing them to my 'ex' tires (Falken Ziex 914 EcoRun 205/50/17 on 7.5j rims ) I can say the following after 3.000 km:
- 1 mm is gone already, I don't do street racing . I hope that the wear does not continue at this rate.
- the sidewall is not that good, when coming out of a corner I feel that the car is being thrown out (I did not have this feeling with the Falkens)
- they are a bit noisy
- the dry grip is pretty good, wet grip also good .

For the money (approx. 100 Euros) I would recommend them .

6 - tyre reviewed on August 15, 2018
Given 69% while driving a Mercedes Benz A180 CDI W176 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 9,000 spirited miles
Nokian Zline does everything the way it should. Water, grip, fuel and handling is really good. But when it comes to comfort it´s not really good. Halfway through the tyre and you can feel driving over a penny. To bad cause else it perform really well. High speed driving and braking at high speed, is not so good as Dunlop Sport Max rt2.
Recommend.
5 - tyre reviewed on August 6, 2018
Given 67% while driving a Audi A7 3.0 TFSI (225/40 R19 W) on mostly town for 1,500 easy going miles
Those tires are so weird . There are sign of disintegration on all 4 tires . There are pieces of them that literally fall apart . Beside of that they behave great , but i am really concerned
27 - tyre reviewed on July 23, 2018
Given 71% while driving a Audi Audi A6 (255/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Bought a set of Nokian Zline and initial thought was that they were very good tires. There is really nothing bad about the handling. But the upper sidewall started to crack after one summer. Had them changed for another set and they also started to crack after a summer. I've gone through 3 set of Nokian Z-Line tires in three summers and every set started to crack. I'm not really confident driving the car 180-200 km/h in Germany with micro cracks on the sidewall.
7 - tyre reviewed on June 14, 2018
Given 56% while driving a Hyundai Santa Fe (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 11,000 average miles
I used these Z-line tyres in my 2007 Santa Fe. Handling and grip were fine, wear was terrible though, worse than any tyre I have had before. After 18000km (just over 11000 miles) I had to replace them! Never a Nokian Z-line again for me!
13 - tyre reviewed on February 19, 2018