Primewell VALERA TOURING

The Primewell VALERA TOURING is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 27 tyre reviews averaging 49% over 316,601 miles driven.

The VALERA TOURING is ranked 167th of 199 Summer Touring tyres.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Primewell VALERA TOURING
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Primewell VALERA TOURING
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Primewell VALERA TOURING. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top 3 Primewell VALERA TOURING Reviews

Given 57% while driving a Toyota Corolla (175/65 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
these Valero tires from primewell get me 40 mpg from my corolla but they do ride a little noisy. if you are fussy and complain about these tires spend more money and buy something else.do not blame the tires they are an economy line of tire from china u get what you paid for. I am a cheapskate too but I am not fussy. I got 20000 miles on them now. a little noisy but tread is wearing good no problems. I drive 70 miles a day in my corolla complain orbuy another brand or talk to a tire man who knows. these are good decent tires I paid cash for and I am happy. would buy again. good luck. do not be too picky I say. check tire pressure monthly about 33 lbs. is about right;
105 - tyre reviewed on July 3, 2016
Given 100% while driving a Jeep compass (225/60 R17 H) on a combination of roads for 55,000 average miles
bought these tires after an extensive search both on the internet and major tire shops. So far the tire is just as good if not better than a tire of equal value. They have zero selection in certain sizes that force customers to spend big dollars on their expensive brands. The Primewell Touring II has been, super quiet on the road. Cost was $56.00 per tire. So far I have no complaint. Some people complaint about noise, maybe they got the one, I got the two.
55 - tyre reviewed on February 11, 2017
Given 34% while driving a Toyota Camry (195/75 R15) on mostly town for 400 average miles
Lots of noise from these tires will never get them again will pay more and get good tires....My car sounds like a truck now...Yuck..And no it's not the CVs or Bearings...It's crap tires...
40 - tyre reviewed on March 6, 2017
Have you driven on the Primewell VALERA TOURING tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Primewell VALERA TOURING? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Primewell VALERA TOURING >

Latest Primewell VALERA TOURING Reviews

Given 26% while driving a Ford 350 box truck (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 15,000 easy going miles
Tires wore out in less than 15K, rotted from sun exposure in less than 2 years. Unsafe
0 - tyre reviewed on August 23, 2020
Given 46% while driving a Volkswagen (B8) 1.4 TSI (150 Hp) DSG ACT (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 50,000 average miles
at 35000 miles the noise was so loud I had to replace the tires
1 - tyre reviewed on August 12, 2020
Given 37% while driving a Volkswagen Golf GTI Turbo mk4 (195/65 R15) on a combination of roads for 11 spirited miles
Cheap tires that weren't especially cheap. I've worn out the fronts in 11,000 miles. The rears look brand new. This is on a fwd car. I've bought Primewell before, but these are garbage.
5 - tyre reviewed on December 10, 2019
Chrysler 200S AWD 2015 (215/65 R16) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
like it good quality
4 - tyre reviewed on December 5, 2018
Hyundai (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 0 average miles
deep lower side wall cracking after 20,000 miles on two of the four tires, size 205/65R16. Despite that they did handle and perform well. According to their voluntary recall notice for this problem the DOT # Y9BC CLHX 0516 on mine was not included. I am now forced to replace EARLY due to risk of losing air that could lead to a catastrophic blow out.
32 - tyre reviewed on July 26, 2017
Given 29% while driving a Audi A4 (225/50 R17) on mostly motorways for 21,000 average miles
The worst tires i have ever bought, i went to firestone with flat tire, needed tires changed ASAP as i had some emergency issue so told them to put on what ever is available, just my luck, ended with this tires. lasted 21000 miles only before it started stripping to the indicator line and i couldn't stand the noise. i gave up and bought new tires but not from Firestone since they were giving me attitude. they already know that these prime well tires have manufacturing issue but they continue to sell it.
27 - tyre reviewed on March 16, 2017
Given 77% while driving a Toyota Camry (205/65 R15) on mostly town for 20,000 spirited miles
bought these tires after an extensive search both on the internet and major tire shops. So far the tire is just as good if not better than a tire of equal value. Discount tire basically sells either a cheap tire or expensive. They have zero selection in certain sizes that force customers to spend big dollars on their expensive brands. The Primewell Touring II has been, super quiet on the road, and overall sturdy. Cost was $53.00 per tire. It's true you get what you pay for in anything in life. The Michelin Defenders lasted 29K and then showed major sidewall rot. Those were close to $110 per tire. The folks complaining about road noise probably purchased the cheapest Primewell they had..Pay a tad more and stop complaining. Thats what happens when you pay $38 dollars per tire.
35 - tyre reviewed on August 22, 2016
Given 56% while driving a Kia Motors (205/55 R16 H) on mostly town for 69,890 average miles
These tires seem okay. I just bought my car and the tires it had was HORRIBLE. These tires are much better, we shall see later in the future. It's been 120 miles now.
13 - tyre reviewed on June 27, 2016
Given 53% while driving a (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 0 easy going miles
I just got rid of my Firestone Primwell Valera touring tires with just 10K miles. Rough ride and noise at high speeds was just more than I could stand. New set of Coopers and all is quiet and smooth riding. Went back to Firestone and they were not the least bit interested in my tire problem I've been with Firestone for years but no more, I shredded my Firestone Card. The noise and rough ride were the only negative aspects of this tire. Since I only drove 10 K miles on them I cannot judge any of it's other attributes.
11 - tyre reviewed on June 19, 2016
Given 42% while driving a Honda Accord (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
Worst tires ever due to the road noise. Absolutely horrible and unbearable. I've driven 10,000 miles on them and they have not quieted down 1 bit. I never knew such a thing as road noise existed, now unfortunately I do. These tires are horrible and unbearable on ones hearing.
3 - tyre reviewed on March 26, 2016
Given 20% while driving a Volkswagen 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen 1.8T (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
Worst tires I've ever owned. Horrible in the snow, worse in the rain. Spin with very little power applied in the dry. Horrible road noise.
4 - tyre reviewed on February 25, 2016
Given 68% while driving a Dodge Caravan (215/70 R15) on a combination of roads for 7,000 average miles
I bought these tires for my MIL's 2005 Grand Caravan. She was on a budget and simply needed a better set. I'll admit, for the first 2k miles or so these things HOWLED. They were the loudest, worst tires I'd ever driven on. When she passed away, we got the van. Surprisingly the tires had quieted down...a LOT. Now that we've put 10k miles on them, they're no better or no worse than an average set of much more expensive wheels. I drove 3k miles on them within a week through rain, snow, ice and "hot" weather down south. They actually rode very well, handled fine and I had no issues whatsoever. As far as wear, I just went out and measured. The fronts are at 7/32nd's the rear 8. Pretty even across the tread as well.

So...for a "cheap" tire they're not bad. The caveat is that they WILL be noisy until they "wear" in which will take a couple thousand miles. After that...no problems, I'd buy them again if under the same budget constraints.
5 - tyre reviewed on January 29, 2016