Dunlop SP StreetResponse

The Dunlop SP StreetResponse is a Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre has been replaced by the Dunlop StreetResponse 2 .

Tyre review data from 7 tyre reviews averaging 64% over 69,105 miles driven.

The SP StreetResponse is ranked 42nd of 54 All Season Touring tyres.

2012 European Summer Tyre Test - 165/70 R14 - 9th of 15 tyres

• Positive - Low fuel consumption.
  • Negative - Weak in the wet.

2011 European Summer Tyre Test - 175/65 R14 - 13th of 15 tyres

• Positive - Good in the dry
  • Negative - Slight weakness in the wet
Size Fuel Wet Noise Weight
165/65 R15 81T   B C 68 6.08kgs
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Dunlop SP StreetResponse. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

SP StreetResponse Prices

Have you driven on the Dunlop SP StreetResponse tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Dunlop SP StreetResponse? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Dunlop SP StreetResponse >

Latest Dunlop SP StreetResponse Reviews

Given 62% while driving a Toyota Yaris 1.5 ts (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 easy going miles
Grips well but is showing it's age. Wear disappointing front tyres down to 4mm at 10000 miles. Not driven harsly. Quiet comfy ride but feel a bit vague.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 26, 2020
Given 89% while driving a Volkswagen Golf 1.9 Tdi (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
Good job Dunlop. Better than michelin Primacy 3 in the wet, but not in the dry.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 10, 2016
Given 86% while driving a Mazda (185/65 R14 T) on a combination of roads for 49 average miles
I bought these tires in 2010 as I wanted to place original oem spec size on my Mazda MX-3. Ever since, I have driven almost 50,000 miles (a bit over 80,000 km) with these tires and am truly impressed! Driving has been from daily commuting to highway long distance, from traffic slow to spirited driving at speeds well above legal limits, in a mix of weather from hot summer months of 35+ degrees to winter nearly 0 degrees. Truth is the Mazda MX-3 passive 4WS helped a lot with vehicle cornering abilities. The tires have never failed . Wear was impressively slow, I'm contemplating on finally changing the tires, yet they still have grip and most of all tread. Grip has reduced now after all these miles in the wet mostly so I'm driving more cautiously now until I get them replaced. Compared to the Bridgestone E300 that I had before, these proved far superior in every aspect - longevity, grip, cornering, stopping. A bit noisy on bad tarmac. Would definitely go for these again, but since I'm switching to 15 inch wheels now (oem mx-3 alloys), these are not available as 195/55/15 which I will be going for now. Oh, they are made in thailand (which initially I didn't like when I first saw), but they've proven my initial mistrust wrong, and turned out to be safe, good value for money car tires. Highly recommended.
4 - tyre reviewed on November 6, 2013
Given 83% while driving a Citro├źn C1 (155/65 R14) on mostly motorways for 3,000 easy going miles
..I had to replace the original front tyre (Michelin Energy) on my C1, after 28k. I have now run a little bit more than 3k and can only say that am very happy with the Dunlop. The grip is very good in dry conditions, simply amazing in wet conditions. Maybe they are a bit noisy but the truth is that the C1 is everything but comfortable and silence car..so am not too bothered about that. I do about 30 miles a day, 20 of which is motorway. I have noticed a significant improvement in the mpg, driving the car in the same conditions/same driving style. I would recommend this tyre and in the couple of months or so, will replace the 2 Michelin at the back with the Dunlop.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 5, 2013
Given 87% while driving a Ford KA 1.3 (165/65 R13) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Tried many tyres on the KA, these replaced some budgets. The dry grip is as good as the budgets, the wet grip is out of this world! So much grip in the wet, good comfort. Very happy.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 19, 2012
Given 64% while driving a Jaguar XF (245/40 R19 V) on mostly motorways for 35,000 average miles
The tyres have been on the car since new; have now done 35000 miles. Wear is fantastic, I reckon I'll get another 20000 out of them, but the noise is unbearable! It turns a luxury car into a very noisy ordinary one!
0 - tyre reviewed on June 14, 2011
Given 57% while driving a Volkswagen (165/70 R18 T) on mostly motorways for 56 average miles
I have had REAL problems finding a suitable eco tyre for my Polo Blumotion (original model). The original Dunlop SP10s have ben discontinued, and the Streetresponse appears to be the replacement, but you CAN NOT get hold of them for love nor money. Its important to fit the correct type as the average mileage suffers hugely if a non-eco tyre is used. For example, at one point I was unable to find SP10s so was forced to put on a pair of standard Firestones, the average m.p.g. dropped from 72 to 58! Does anyone else have problems finding suitable tyres? Are there any other brands apart from SP10s (discontinued) or Streetresponce that are suitable?
PaulB