Goodride SA05

The Goodride SA05 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 18 tyre reviews averaging 63% over 250,776 miles driven.

The SA05 is ranked 129th of 190 Summer High Performance tyres.

2012 ACE Touring Summer Tyre Test - 14th of 14 tyres

2012 Autobild 50 Tyre Braking Test - 38th of 45 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Goodride SA05
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Goodride SA05. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top 3 Goodride SA05 Reviews

Given 40% while driving a Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (265/65 R16) on a combination of roads for 100 average miles
these opinions are bias to those that do not drive their vehicle. these came with the truck i bought. on dry they break way faster than even bald mud tires do. in the rain if you accelerate faster than a leaf on the wind they break free, and they vibrate like no tomorrow even after 4 different tire shops try to balance them. cheap garbage for those on a budget. and those that say they perform like top line tires, never owned top line tires...ever. these knockoff versions of tires do not perform in mild mud with gravel bottom and even worse at highway speed with water on the road, hydroplaned so much i have had to drive 30 km under, of which even the cheapest BF tire never had issues with. They look good and under 50k you wouldn't know they weren't high quality, hit the road for more than 60k a day and use em around the farm and you curse them for the vibration, noise, and unreliability in varying conditions
18 - tyre reviewed on October 25, 2015
Given 90% while driving a Subaru Liberty RX (205/50 R16 W) on mostly country roads for 30,000 average miles
I have these tyres fitted to my 02 Subaru Liberty RX manual.
Considering that they were at least $60 cheaper than any other asymmetrical tyre available,I consider them good value for my money.
They have now done 30,000klms and I estimate another 5000klms before they need replacing.
My score for these tyres indicates how I rate them.
8 - tyre reviewed on July 24, 2014
Given 39% while driving a Subaru 2006 impreza wrx STI (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
Shit tires ! If you expect any performance don't buy those. worst tires I have ever had!
1 - tyre reviewed on July 19, 2013
Have you driven on the Goodride SA05 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Goodride SA05? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Goodride SA05 >

Latest Goodride SA05 Reviews

Ford (215/55 R16 R) on a combination of roads for 100,000 miles
I brought this tyres in september 14 (a pair) the next year in september bought other pair. I know that bought a cheap tyres from China. But really they have behaved decently. I use them in all types of land since I live in a rural sector but work in the city. in dry they work very well. has good grip in curves and at high speed (75 mxh) behave stable. They are not the panacea but they save. in the wet note some understeer (I have traction control in my focus) but at a slightly more risky speed in curves. on the road more than 50 mxh. They are noisy and that can bother you. They are hard and these last. They have lasted about 100,000 km. and it's time to change them. Would you buy them again ??? I do not know. But it's more because I want to see other tire options and be able to go up a bit more in quality. only for that. If you do not have much money to renew your tires try them at least meet at a low price.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 20, 2018
Given 40% while driving a Peugeot 207 GT (205/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 10,625 average miles
I bought the car with those tyres. I didn't even know this brand before. The dealer bought them because he could write "new tyres" on the advert.
I was surprised of the performance on dry roads: they are OK. The ride is also not to bad.
On the other end, the performance on wet roads is very bad; the lateral grip in this condition is very, very poor. Also the noise they producing is very, very high. Last point: the front tyres need to be changed after 17000km. They are the worst tyres I had on this last 3 points.
I
0 - tyre reviewed on November 5, 2018
Given 86% while driving a Subaru Liberty RX (205/50 R16 W) on mostly country roads for 60,000 average miles
These tyres were on my 02 Subaru Liberty RX until recently.I wore them out at 60000Klms. I couldn't buy another set locally anymore so I replaced them with a set of Hifly HF805 91W.I thought that the Goodrides/Westlakes were a good tyre for the price at $120 each but they were very noisy compared to the Hiflys at $105.The Hiflys give me a more responsive feel at the wheel.
I wouldn't recommend the Goodrides fitted to a Subaru Liberty for this reason.
1 - tyre reviewed on October 7, 2014
Given 93% while driving a Subaru liberty (205/50 R16 W) on mostly town for 30 spirited miles
See my review of these tyres on 6th April 2012.They are fitted to my 2002 Subaru Liberty RX. I have now done 30,000 klms on these tyres and would still recommend them as a budget w speed rated asymmetrical compared to the cost of well known brands at $60.00 dearer.
1 - tyre reviewed on July 7, 2014
Given 69% while driving a Alfa Romeo 156 2.5 V6 (205/55 R16) on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
My wheels desperately needed replacing so I bought these in the West Lake brand to tide me over. I was expecting rubbish but was pleasantly surprised. Ok they are no Goodyear or Michelin but they are not deadly either. I know Goodyear do some manufacturing in Asia, and some tyres apparently didn't meet EU spec.

WestLake is a Canadian company I believe who do a lot of the design and testing. They are then manufactured in China like most other things these days. Apparently they have won several design and tech awards for their facilities, if this is true they seem to be good value.

If you search Westlake users in Canada and America they seem to have very positive reviews.
1 - tyre reviewed on April 22, 2014
Given 36% while driving a Saab Automobile 9 3 Vector Sport TiD 150 Saloon (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
Very hard, very noisy, and not at all good on a damp road. Lots of understeer, if you try any kind of acceleration, cornering speed on damp roads. Marginally better on fully wet roads. I replaced the fronts with Goodyear Eagle F1, barely used with minor puncture repairs(I was desperate and skint), and noticed an immediate difference in grip. The rears are still Goodride and probably 35%worn after 25000 miles, but are showing cracks along the tread pattern. I am looking to get shut. The tyres are so noisy, it sounds like the rear wheel bearings are on the way out, especially at 25 mph for some reason. I originally purchased a set of four for £240, and wish I had spent another £180 on Goodyear F1s. You live and learn. Probably cost effective for taxi drivers, but there must be better stuff out there for £60 a piece.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 16, 2013
Given 60% while driving a Nissan presea 1.8 (205/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 20 average miles
Cheap price tyres from China, I was buy 4 tyres for 8,000 Thai Baht (about 260 US) in Thailand.
I used these with Nissan Presea 1.8 sedan.
Good grip on dry road, fair in wet.
The worst that, very noisy at 1 day used.
Very Durable (used for 30,000 km+), will use them until end of the year 2013.
Reasonable price, but I think maybe I won't buy it again (because of very noisy sound).
0 - tyre reviewed on February 1, 2013
Given 50% while driving a Toyota Verso 2010 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Just had a pair fitted on front of Toyota verso to replace goodyears (215 x 55 17"). Performance so far good but haven't tried them in the wet though. Main complaint though is road noise. Tyres seem to produce loud resonance at 25 and 50 mph. Haven't tried 75 yet but suspect might also be bad. Really annoying as these are typical cruising speeds on certain roads. Definitely won't buy again. Will spend more on a premium tyre.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 8, 2012
Given 96% while driving a Subaru Liberty RX (225/50 R16 W) on mostly country roads for 5,000 spirited miles
Tried to find a review like this for Westlake SA05 tyres.Seems to me that the tyres are exactly the same except for the brand name.
The review didn't allow me to specify the correct tyre size which are 205 but I assume this would make little difference.
I took the chance that a cheaper tyre would be OK as most of the well known brands are at least $60 dearer for an asymmetrical W speed rated tyre.
As soon as I drove the car with these tyres ,I noticed a remarkable difference in steering,conering & braking over the previous symmetrical Firestone TZ100's which were on when I bought it 2 yrs ago.Only complaint is that they drone a little on certain road surfaces but this may be the asymmetric tread.Would certainly buy them again.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 6, 2012
Given 93% while driving a Kia Motors MAGENTIS (215/50 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 1,000 average miles
Saying that the Goodride SA05 tyres aren’t as good as top-brand tyres is like saying that a mini is a terrible car because it’s not as good as a Rolls Royce. You’ve got to compare like-with-like. I fitted a set of 215/50 17 to the front of my Kia Magentis 2.7 which is a heavy car. I’ve just returned from a 700 mile drive around Scotland after which I can report that the tyres performed perfectly. They were considerably quieter than the old worn out Dunlop’s I used to have and even though I drove fully loaded on the motorway at 70mph, and around wet country lanes I never once felt the front end slip. If you’re going to compare these to a high-end tyre and drive on the limit of performance then there may be a difference but under normal driving conditions these tyres are excellent and I’m in the process of replacing my rear’s with the same brand, and they come with the added bonus of only cosing £53 each compared with £150 for a branded tyre.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 12, 2011
Given 57% while driving a Saab Automobile 93 Vector Sport 150 Tdi Saloon (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 1,000 average miles
SEEM TO BE A DECENT TYRE FOR THE MONEY £60 EACH FITTED (MATE'S RATES). I DO THINK THAT THEY ARE A BIT HARD, AND THE RIDE QUALITY SUFFERS AS A RESULT, ALTHOUGH I HAD ONLY JUST BOUGHT MY SAAB 93, AND IT MAY BE THE SUSPENSION, BUT IT IS VERY HARSH OVER RUTS AND BUMPS. I HAVEN'T NOTICED ANY ISSUES IN DRY OR WET HANDLING CONDITIONS AND THEY LOOK GOOD!
0 - tyre reviewed on March 30, 2011
Given 29% while driving a Nissan Primera (215/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 1 spirited miles
Not that cheap for a budget tyre at £70 each.Fitted a pair to my 2002 model P12 2.2 ddci at the front following a side wall puncture on the previously fitted avons. No comparison, Poor wet grip, not much better in the dry, proved to be utterly useless in the recent snow. done approx 1,000 miles on them, End of the month soon cant wait to change them back to avons again, total waste of £140 DONT EVEN THINK OF BUYING THESE POOR QUALITY CHINKY BOOTS.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 8, 2010