Vredestein Ultrac

The Vredestein Ultrac is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre has been replaced by the Vredestein Ultrac Cento.

Tyre review data from 13 tyre reviews averaging 76% over 169,500 miles driven.

The Ultrac is ranked 61st of 190 Summer High Performance tyres.

2021 Auto Express Summer Tyre Test - 3rd of 10 tyres

• Overall - The updated Vredestein Ultrac is impressive, with a consistent performance in all tests.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Vredestein Ultrac
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Vredestein Ultrac. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Ultrac Prices

Top 3 Vredestein Ultrac Reviews

Given 27% while driving a Honda Civic Type R (205/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 35,000 spirited miles
despite being described as tyres for performance cars, these are suited to granny's fiesta and nothing else. they have no form of sidewall and the stability is appauling, and the lack of feel unbelieveable.

i had bridgestone potenzas before these which although fast wearing did give a good drive. These are the worst tyres i have ever purchased by a long way, avoid them at all costs!
13 - tyre reviewed on November 21, 2008
Given 95% while driving a Kia Motors ceed (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 500 easy going miles
Wanted the previously used sportracs 5, but appears that the new ultrac is replacing them and the ultrac satin, so here I am in about 500 kms with the new tyres. First I can say that the comfort is outstanding, given the hard suspension on 1st gen ceed. 205 55 16 are even softer than my winter 195 65 15 alpin 6 used 2000 kms max. So really impressive achievement here for the new ultracs. They are good in the dry ofc, I feel somewhat better on wet. Need more kms to comment further these characteristics and wear. Really happy with my choice so far.
9 - tyre reviewed on May 28, 2021
Given 75% while driving a Skoda Octavia vRS (205/50 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 0 spirited miles
Thought i'd review these again now ive done about 500 miles on them. Need a bit more driving time still on these tyres for 100% review.But so far so good im really starting to like these tyres the steering feel is great, and dry grip is as good if not better then the falkens 452's. Need abit more time with these in the rain but had a light shower and they grip well.
2 - tyre reviewed on September 30, 2008
Have you driven on the Vredestein Ultrac tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Vredestein Ultrac? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Vredestein Ultrac >

Latest Vredestein Ultrac Reviews

Given 37% while driving a Mercedes Benz E220Cdi (225/55 R16 H) on mostly country roads for 10,000 easy going miles
I put a pair on the front of my Mercedes.
I'm a pensioner, and drive rather conservatively.
Firstly, I thought they rail-lined a lot.
Slightly noisier than previous brands.
The grip seems no better or worse than most.
My gripe is how short they lasted.
It failed the MoT today on both front tyres being worn down in places.
I assumed it would sale through, as I've only had 'em about 10000 miles in Cornish weather.
Not for me I'm afraid.
2 - tyre reviewed on December 31, 2015
Given 83% while driving a Skoda Yeti (225/55 R17) on mostly country roads for 35,000 easy going miles
Perfectly acceptable tyre BUT it is noisy, is prone to punctures (the tread pattern seems to collect nails etc) and not particularly comfortable. It is very hard wearing though.
2 - tyre reviewed on August 22, 2012
Given 93% while driving a Volkswagen Touran sport TDi (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 35,000 average miles
Excellent tyre never let me down,dry or wet .Lasted in excess of 35,000 miles
0 - tyre reviewed on December 17, 2010
Given 87% while driving a Volkswagen Passat 1.9TDi Sport Estate (Chipped) (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
A great all round tyre with a fantastic, eye catching tread pattern. Been very impressed with their wet weather performance on motorways, instilling confidence even in the heaviest Swedish downpours.

Would certainly buy these again, HOWEVER there is a catch! Vredestein (in their wisdom) have STOPPED MANUFACTURING THE ULTRAC MODEL! I found this out last week when I got a side wall puncture (unrepairable) and have been trying every avenue to get a new one.

If anyone from Vredestein reads this, please go back into production with the ULTRAC, they are much better than your Sessanta model!!
1 - tyre reviewed on July 20, 2010
Given 90% while driving a Mazda RX8 (225/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 22,000 spirited miles
Surprisingly excellent tyres bought to replace the Potenza R040's that car came with. They lasted ages and were very excellent for normal road driving from April to November, borderline useless on ice and almost reasonable on snow. I used these on a few track days too and they offered good drip on dry days and lots of opportunities to practice powersliding on wet days. The only gripe I have with these tyres is that once they get hot they become a little bit like soap bars and that's not on track! If I had a sensible car I would buy them again, but for the time being it's time to move on to the UHP sector. :-)
0 - tyre reviewed on April 4, 2010
Given 94% while driving a Honda Euro R (205/50 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Excellent tyre. I noticed the difference straight away once they were fitted. I found them better than my old f1's. I was suprised how comfortable they were too. Wet grip is amazing. Couldnt be happier with them. Would highly recommend.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 29, 2009
Given 77% while driving a MG ZT T (190) (225/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
Excellent dry grip and pretty good wet grip considering it is a summer tyre. Handling in the wet and dry is very consistent with lots of feedback through the steering.

I was expecting poor wear from these but they were excellent- far better than the michelin and toyo tyres previously fitted. I would definitely buy these again.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 22, 2008
Given 87% while driving a Skoda Octavia vRS (205/50 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 0 spirited miles
These tyres just get better and better really seem to grip well, better then the falkens 452's !
1 - tyre reviewed on October 18, 2008
Skoda Octavia vRS (205/50 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 0 spirited miles
Just had two of these fitted on the front after hearing good things about them. First impressions are good! alot smoother then the falkens 452's and soak up the bumps in the road well, road noise is much improved too. Grip seems to be good but to early to give any opinion need to bed them in first, will report back when i've done some more miles on them.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 19, 2008