Dunlop RoadSmart III

Dunlop RoadSmart III Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 93% while driving a Suzuki Gsxr1000 k4 (190/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 9,000 spirited miles
Although these tyres are marketed as a sports touring tyre I decided to try them on my 2004 gsxr1000 k4 as I was fed up with having to purchase a set of tyres every 3 to 4 thousand miles and wanted something longer lasting. These are the best tyres I have ever fitted to my 1000 gsxr. They don't move whatsoever in the dry and with the front profile turn in really sharp. Just look where you want to go and your there. In the wet they are just as good and I allways rode with 36f/42r. I rode to France twice and over to the t.t. When I sold the bike I still had the receipt with the fitting mileage on and couldn't believe the back was just beginning to square very slightly but the front still looked brand new. The mileage 9000 miles! Unbelieavable. My current gsxr1000r L8 came with bridgestone rs10s which are nice and square after less than 4000 miles so will be fitted with the sportsmart 3s pretty soon.
Couldn't recommend them highly enough.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 4, 2020
Given 91% while driving a BMW 218d Active Tourer (190/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 1,500 average miles
BMW K1600 GTL E
Best tyres to date, love them and can't fault them.
Yes, I will be fitting them again and to my Deauville when I get the chance.
3 - tyre reviewed on December 30, 2019
Yamaha TDM850 (170/70 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
Outstanding tyres, never felt loosing grip both dry and wet roads. Very long mileage - 16500 km (10000 miles), half with luggage and passenger on mountain roads. Replaced with Michelin Pilot Road 4, also good tyres but very noisy compare to Dunlop. Definitely the best tyres I ever had on my Yamaha!
3 - tyre reviewed on June 26, 2019
Given 98% while driving a BMW K1600 GTL (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
BMW K1600GTL. First class tyre when fitted to this bike. I am not going to go on about them other than to say Great tyres and I would definitely buy again.
3 - tyre reviewed on May 3, 2019
Given 97% while driving a (190/50 R17) on for 0 miles
The tires I have experienced long term on both my gsxr1000's covering a total distance of 230,000 klms have been the following:
bridgelstone s20r....oem (came with the bike) ...ok upto 8,000 klms..too soft and wear uneven.
michelin pilot road 3...Crap, they wear very unevenly and are too squirmy and pick up too many flats as the tread is too busy..like it attracts flat tyres.
michelin pilot power 3... Good tyre up to 10,000 klms
DUNLOP road smart 3....About 17,000 klms a set front and back. The absolute best for longevity and performance, as good as a sport tyre with touring ability, I have not had any flat spot yet on front or rear. Great at speed (knee dragging) cornering. This tire is planted when on its edges. Thoroughly recommend and will definitely keep buying..on my 3rd set now. Oh! did I say CHEAP!!!! Very affordable $450 for pair deal.
7 - tyre reviewed on March 11, 2019
Given 86% while driving a Honda VFR1200FD (190/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
This pair of Roadsmart 3 tyres were bought for a trip from the Welsh borders to Southern France and back lasting 2 weeks, solo first week, pillion second week using motorways there and back with full luggage, hard riding in Alpine passes and gorges (no luggage) while there.
Rating: overall great tyres easily lasting the 4,000 mile round trip with excellent dry grip and enough grip to cope in the wet (didn't push the lean angles but hard wet braking never resulted in the ABS kicking in). Nice profile with effortless leaning into corners. Absorbed the worst road conditions with ease (especially in the UK!). After 4,000 miles the front is still above the wear markers by about 1mm with plenty left on the rear, the latter probably has another couple of thousand in it. Not surprised the front wore more quickly given the braking forces required for downhill hairpins on a heavy bike. With more modest riding I'd say it would match the rear for longevity.
3 - tyre reviewed on June 20, 2018
Given 86% while driving a (180/55 R17) on for 0 miles
Follow up from earlier review of RS3 on my BMW F800GT

The front RS3 was replaced at 6,000km. I was expecting more km's but maybe this was in part down to the front suspension not working ideally. Replaced with Metzeler Z8 and at 5,600km it's nearly shot.
The rear was replaced at 13,000km.
Both tyres should have been replaced 1,000km's before they were.

The rear performed impeccably, even on wet dirty roads and was very reassuring. Got the most km's out of any rear tyre i have used before.
Now trying Metzelers new Interact 01. If this tyre is not as good with similar longevity, back to the RoadSmart 3.

Would happily fit RS3's again and can recommend them, and they are the cheapest of the 'known brand' tyres of this S/T category.
15 - tyre reviewed on July 5, 2016