Maxxis Supermaxx ST

The Maxxis Supermaxx ST is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Motorcycle

Tyre review data from 10 tyre reviews averaging 62% over 31,600 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Maxxis Supermaxx ST
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Maxxis Supermaxx ST
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Maxxis Supermaxx ST. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Maxxis Supermaxx ST Review

Given 57% while driving a Ducati 1098s (180/55 R17) on mostly country roads for 2,100 average miles
After reading review I thought I would give them a go. Bought a pair from MyTyres at a very good price and fitted them myself. First impressions were very good, smooth and good stability but after only 1,800 miles I noticed the rear was well worn and now after 2,100 miles it is down to the legal limit of 1.6mm and this is supposed to be a sport touring tyre! I don`t think so.
59 - tyre reviewed on June 8, 2017

Latest Maxxis Supermaxx ST Reviews

Have you driven on the Maxxis Supermaxx ST tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Maxxis Supermaxx ST? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Maxxis Supermaxx ST >>

Given 36% while driving a Suzuki TL1000R (180/55 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 3,000 miles
Good in the dry, wears very quickly in the centre for a sports touring tyre. As soon as it squares off its horrible picking up any imperfections on the road. In the wet absolutely no feel & if it's cold as well the front slips, rear slides & if neither of these are happening the you've no idea what they're doing. They're cheap but cheap doesn't make up for how they feel in the wet
0 - tyre reviewed on November 17, 2020
Given 76% while driving a Triumph Sprint RS (180/55 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 5,000 spirited miles
This was my second st of Maxxis St. After the last set I was going to buy something more premium, but I was skint; and these only cost 130 a set.. If anything my opinion of these tyres is even better than the first set, Grip and handling at this price, or anywhere under 200 is unbeatable. These were fitted to the review bikes at the launch of the KTM 790, and non of those hacks had anything bad to say about these tyres, despite some initial reservations. They are honestly the best tyres I have ever used in the wet that are not just purely wet focused. They were developed with the assistance of BSB legend Chris Walker, and he did a great job. However, they are only a single compound tyre, and they wear like buggery. My bike has just got an MOT advisory for the rear after less than 5000. You can tell they are a soft compound by the tearing on the edges after any enthusiastic cornering ;-) I would highly recommend these tyre if you don't do a high mileage, and ride anything under 130HP I am going to try Avon ST, next.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 4, 2020
Trying to pick the very best winter tyre? Watch this!
Given 60% while driving a (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
Standard Oe tyres on ktm 790 duke works well once the heats in the tyre and between 12-20 works best have had them break traction a few times. Super hard carcass tread pattern old tech. Wear rate looks quick. Will switch over asap
0 - tyre reviewed on July 18, 2020
Given 61% while driving a (180/55 R17) on mostly country roads for 3,500 average miles
Decent tyre in warm weather, gives you good feel and feedback when there are nice and warm. Tends to step out on me in colder weather and made me lose a lot confidence in the tyres. Got 3500miles on the back and it's almost done for, tyre wear could be a lot better! There better tires price/quality wise on the market in my opinion.
4 - tyre reviewed on March 6, 2020
Given 100% while driving a Suzuki GSF 650N (160/60 R16) on mostly country roads for 1,000 average miles
I bought these tyres to test them.
Th tyres are excellent with very very good hangling. These are more sport tyres than touring tyres. The curving and leaning are more natural and easy than with my old Bridgestone bt 20.
In wet condition the tyres are perfect. They are very soft and have excellent grip. I expect to last enough (10 - 15 K) is good for me. I prefer new tyres more often.
6 - tyre reviewed on March 18, 2019