Bridgestone Potenza S001 RFT

The Bridgestone Potenza S001 RFT is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 46 tyre reviews averaging 66% over 573,623 miles driven.

The Potenza S001 RFT is ranked 57th of 64 Summer Max Performance tyres.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Bridgestone Potenza S001 RFT
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Bridgestone Potenza S001 RFT

Questions and Answers for the Bridgestone Potenza S001 RFT

2017-01-10 - Is the Potenza S001 (which is fitted on my new Mercedes SLC) a run flat tyre or are there two versions ie run flat and normal? Thank you.

If the tyre on your new Mercedes is the runflat version of the S001, it will have "runflat" / "rft" marked clearly on the sidewall.

2017-02-04 - I want to buy a summer tire for my Honda Civic.. 205/55 R16.. I live in Zonguldak Ereğli.. Wet roads.. But if I make 25000 km for only 1 year.. Half is at highway, half is at wet roads.. I wanted to buy 205/55/16 94w , XL.. Safe and hard tire.. But I think this type of tire is very hard. Are there adverse effects on road handling? Which tires can you suggest to me?

The Bridgestone Potenza S001 RFT is a runflat tyre, so has a very hard sidewall. This will protect you from sidewall damage on poor surface roads, but as a result it will be less comfortable than a non-runflat tyre. We suggest you look at the Bridgestone DriveGuard

2019-04-02 - What tyre do you recommend on a BMW m 140I I have Bridgestone potential soo1 rf on now which I have had since new

The default non-runflat option is the Michelin Pilot Super Sport, however this has now been replaced by the PIlot Sport 4 which offers better wet grip and higher levels of comfort, at the expense of some steering feel.

Potenza S001 RFT Prices

Top 3 Bridgestone Potenza S001 RFT Reviews

Given 50% while driving a BMW M135i (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
Skittish in damp conditions, noisy on the motorway, expensive, not much to like to be honest.
133 - tyre reviewed on September 18, 2016
Given 20% while driving a BMW 320D M Sport (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
These came new with the car and they are quite simply the worst tires ever. why on earth bmw put these on any car is beyond me they are simply dangerous there is zero grip in the wet and in the dry its doesn't get any better. can't wait to get rid.
20 - tyre reviewed on December 22, 2016
Given 73% while driving a BMW 330d M Sport (225/45 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 6,000 spirited miles
These are runflats fitted to an F30 LCI 330D M-sport. My last car (also an F30) had Continental SportContacts and even in their worn state were quieter running than these. These are lasting 50% better than the Conti’s though. That’s really the headline for the 2 main runflat choices for the current 3 series.

My interpretation is that these must be on a harder compound. The Bridgestone wins significantly for mileage and also steering feel is better. The Conti’s are quieter and better riding, but suffer significantly faster wear. As for grip, the Conti’s hang on longer outright in both wet and dry, but the Bridgestone’s have the edge for breakaway progression in the dry. You pays your money, you makes your choice…
14 - tyre reviewed on August 23, 2017
Have you driven on the Bridgestone Potenza S001 RFT tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Bridgestone Potenza S001 RFT? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Bridgestone Potenza S001 RFT >

Latest Bridgestone Potenza S001 RFT Reviews

Given 89% while driving a Infiniti Q50 (225/50 R18) on a combination of roads for 22,500 spirited miles
Very good grip dry and wet, I live in a place where pouring rain is oftenly happen,but these tyres never make me feel slippery. Very long life, they runs 22500miles and still have about 3-4mm to the wear mark. Also very expensive, almost double the price compared with csc5 and advan 105s rft. The tyres are hard as rocks, very intense response and make you so confident drive fast, it's a pleasure to cut corner. The side effect is when hit obstacles on the road will make you feel they're crashing the suspensions of the car. Very annoyingly noisy. Change them with advan v105 when after 4 years two of the four tyres have bulge.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 22, 2022
Given 39% while driving a BMW M140i (245/35 R18) on mostly town for 8,000 spirited miles
Not my favourite tyre.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 8, 2021
Given 50% while driving a Alfa Romeo (255/35 R19 R) on mostly town for 10,000 average miles
Came as standard fitment from Alfa Romeo for my Alfa Guilia Veloce with 19” wheels (not the QF, there’s no option on this site for my model). Comfort wise they’re good and they have proven to be durable with the exception of one fault where the front left started to bulge on the sidewall after 2 years (no sign of damage), 10k miles so had to be replaced. Grip wise they are rubbish, dry is ok-ish but cold and or damp they are lethal. If it wasnt a lease car, I would have replaced them a few weeks after getting the car they are that bad. The Alfa is a sweet handling car but never has car been so hindered by shoddy tyres, they should never have come out of the factory wearing them, avoid these tyres, certainley if you have the Alfa.
4 - tyre reviewed on December 6, 2020
0 - tyre reviewed on December 6, 2020
Given 64% while driving a BMW 335d (225/45 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 30,000 average miles
Fitted as stock on new BMW. I've found them to be noisy and lacking in feedback - which can be a feature of run flats - but compared to something like a Continental run flat the Bridgestone are much louder and much duller. I've been looking forward to changing the tyres for this reason, however... The one really strong point of the Bridgestones is their longevity. These things just keep going and going and going. The mileage you can get out of them is unbelievably high. A good choice if you want a mega lifespan (and hence value for money) albeit at the cost of comfort, performance and driving pleasure.
2 - tyre reviewed on November 23, 2020
Given 56% while driving a BMW M140i (245/35 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
On track the tires loose their grip after short while and tempratures rise high - on normal every day drive the comfort with rft is not where it should be with road noice etc. - autumn with low temperatures and damp roads the grip is weak. I will definetely avoid these oem’s.
2 - tyre reviewed on November 20, 2020
Given 96% while driving a BMW 320D M Sport (255/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 36,000 spirited miles
Review is done in 2020. 17 plate 320D MSport. Full Msport with launch control + Adaptive suspension + brembo calipers etc.... Rear Tires - 255/35 R19 92Y I have had these tires on since i bought the car. They have lasted 36,000 miles before needing to being changed (no groves left). Have done many aggressive launches from lights and they always hook(grip) really well. Along with providing great amount of traction. Tires provide a great deal of grip considering the speed and aggressive driving done and have worn evenly along with durability. Front Tires - 225/40 R19 89Y These front tire have also been on since the car was purchased and they are still gd with roughly 6 mm of tread with the car currently reaching 48,000 miles and counting. Edges are worn down to 2mm on outer edge from very aggressive driving. Have understeered with these but it's manageable. these tires are predictable and provide good life expectancy. mix of 70 motorway an 30% road driving. ride is gd - state by passengers which is a gd sign. done a mix of small journeys 2 mins and long (4 hours or 200 miles). With colder weather building the temps in the rear does affect the tire performance like any tire noticeable in hard acceleration. wet conditions only become a concern if your tread is running close to below 4mm or if ur speed is high. But rain grip is close to dry grip allowing for spirited driving.
1 - tyre reviewed on August 9, 2020
Given 87% while driving a BMW 320D M Sport (225/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 8,000 spirited miles
Bought my 320d M Sport second hand, it was fitted with Kumho on the front and Dunlop on the rear. When these wore out I fitted the Bridgestone, mainly as a desire to try something different from my usual Goodyear. The Bridgestone S001 are a very good tyre, especially as they are run flat. The feedback I get from both the front and rear of the car is brilliant. I feel as though they're on the same level as my old favourite, Goodyear Eagle F1. Very happy with my choice and will be buying them again when my current set wears out.
1 - tyre reviewed on August 3, 2020
Given 63% while driving a Mazda MX5 (205/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 15,000 spirited miles
These came on my 2016 Mazda MX5 2.0 Recaro. - Strong good grip in the dry (no complaints, one of the best I’ve ever had) - Very skidding in the damp. I can’t count the number of times the back end has kicked out under normal driving on mini roundabouts - Little confidence in the wet, but in reality they’ve never let me down in the wet - Because they are run flats the ride quality is appalling Conclusion: if you need run flats and need a summer tyre these are probably one of the best. Switch to a winter tyre when cold seasons arrive. If you don’t need run flats, then there’s better all round tyres from this and other manufacturers. I’ll be running mine until their done and then switch to Michelin pilot sport 4
0 - tyre reviewed on June 20, 2020
Given 97% while driving a BMW 1 series 2.0l Diesel (225/40 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 53 average miles
Bridgestone S001 were fitted as OEM tyres on my car. I do a lot of mileage close to 50,000 miles per year in 2 cars and I have done close to 50,000 miles so far in my 1 series BMW in just over 2 years. I had to change one of my front tyres due to pot hole damage 2 years ago but the other remaining original front tyre is still going strong having done well over 50,000 miles. I do a lot of motorway mileage which might account for the longevity of the tyre, but I have never had this much mileage out of any tyre before which is why I will keep on putting them on the car. The rears which take the brunt of my driving have still provided great mileage.
4 - tyre reviewed on March 14, 2020
SEAT (225/45 R18 T) on for 20 spirited miles
My Seat Leon St Fr came from the dealer with this tyres. I drive cars for the last 20 years on multiple cars and tyres. This model of Bridgestone is THE WORST TYRE i had ever.
It is a scary tyre. You have no confidence in it. On mountain curvy roads you have to be carefull to not lose grip and end in the other lane. It does not feel that is sticking to the road. A strange feeling that you lose grip everytime. Feels like PLASTIC.
On wet you go slow and carefull. Period. No trust on it.
Really noisy. In the cabin of Seat i hear much more tyre noise with Bridgestone than in my wife’s car Opel Corsa with Continental. And Corsa is not sound insulated at all.
I have them for six months, i can not tell about the wear.
Finally: noisy,no grip in wet, scary on dry, makes you drive very vigilent every time.
7 - tyre reviewed on October 12, 2019
Given 50% while driving a BMW 120i M Sport (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 14,000 average miles
Dry: Good tire in dry conditions and normal driving, but they very loud and the ride is very harsh when the asphalt is not perfect.
Wet: Spirited driving in wet conditions is not really possible, the tires lose grip easily even under moderate acceleration in corners and have a hard time getting traction when accelerating.
Wear: The wear seems good, 7mm tread left all around after roughly 11.000 miles (18.000 km).

Tires were replaced after 11k miles by non-RFT tires due to the harshness / wet traction / high noise issues.
4 - tyre reviewed on September 23, 2019