Accelera Iota ST68

The Accelera Iota ST68 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to SUV and 4x4s.

Tyre review data from 9 tyre reviews averaging 84% over 113,000 miles driven.

The Iota ST68 is ranked 5th of 22 Summer Touring tyres.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Accelera Iota ST68

Size Fuel Wet Noise Weight
235/55 R20 102V   C C 68

Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Accelera Iota ST68. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top 3 Accelera Iota ST68 Reviews

Given 81% while driving a Audi Q5 (255/45 R20) on mostly town for 1,000 average miles
Accelera Iota R20 Iota-1 & Iota- st68
The Iota have 2 different types of tread the Iota-1 and the Iota- st68. http://www.acceleratireusa.com/ made by EPtyres in Indonesia (not china)
I bought a Q5 sline+ with the chunker Iota-1 on it and was surprised at how good & quiet they were for a non premium tyre. No issues with steering, ride and grip. Also they looked good on the car. Only slight negative was fuel economy witch you’d expect with the chunky tread. Unfortunately this vehicle was written off after a stolen car rammed into the side of it at 65mph. I went and brought another Q5 sline+ as I consider this car saved mine & my family’s life.
This one had Michelin lattitudes on it 4-5mm tread. I immediately felt the difference the car felt more prone to movement and absolutely hated white lines causing the car to skate. Ride was pretty good and I know the grip was there but I just wasn’t as confident driving on these tyres. I didn’t like them. I have recently changed the tyres to Iota- st68. Thought id give them ago as I couldn’t easily find the Iota-1. They also have a more normal summer tread for fuel eco. And are amazing cheap compared to the £250 premium per corner.
The Iota- st68 have massively improved the driving on normal roads, no skating on white lines or veering, grip seems good. No real under/over steer. However this is at ride cost. I found this really not much of an issue on normal roads & quite like the feel of the road, but on the motorway there is more shaking on bad road surfaces. The Iota- st68 are defiantly much stiffer on the side wall, maybe this may soften slightly in time to give a better motorway ride. Indecently the rubber on the tyres feels fairly soft & they had a 68db sticker on them and they are quiet to go with that, another reason for buying. Both Iota treads have all season written on them however, looking at the tread pattern I doubt the st68 actually are. The Iota-1 may offer more winter traction. I drove these on wet grass a few times no issues. The ST-68 Braking doesn’t seem as good as the Michelins but maybe that’s expected also im possibly driving faster with more confidence now. There’s also the new tyre breaking in factor where you need to get rid of the mould lubricant. Both my sline Q5 had standard suspension (Code 1BA) rather than sports (1BE) I would suggest the Iota- st68 are too stiff for sports suspension considering I have standard and if you do a lot of motorway driving I would necessarily recommend them at the moment however fuel eco is very good.
All in all for the price the Iota is very good in either pattern depending on requirements. If you want premium then I wouldn’t recommend the old Michelins, but they have just brought out the Lats 3 which don’t have a smooth centre tread so may overcome the issues of its predecessor. I hear Bridgestone’s are too hard, but good year eff-grip are somewhere in the middle so these maybe the best all-round suited Q5 tyre and the’re OEM as well. Hope this has been some help but realise it may be no help at all!!
Helpful 59 - tyre reviewed on May 28, 2018
Given 97% while driving a Audi Q5 (265/35 R22 V) on mostly motorways for 1,000 spirited miles
After a 1600km motorway trip these tires have fared very well so far. The terrain consisted of dry, wet and ice and at no time did I feel like I was losing control of the car. They are very quiet and comfortable and mine are 22s. Early days but so far so good.
Helpful 31 - tyre reviewed on January 2, 2019
Given 87% while driving a Vauxhall Antara (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 8,000 average miles
Running my Vauxhall antara on a full set of st68. Covered 8000 miles .still plenty of tread left. For a budget tyre I have found them better than most. I am not a boy racer but I don't drive sedately either. I live in a town full of roundabouts and so front nearside outer edge of tyre takes the brunt of the wear. Very pleased all. Will purchase same again. I have driven in all weathers, including snow. I didn't crash or get stuck so they can't be that bad. I do wonder how some people drive when you read some of the reviews.
Helpful 17 - tyre reviewed on December 17, 2018
Have you driven on the Accelera Iota ST68 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Accelera Iota ST68? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Accelera Iota ST68 >

Latest Accelera Iota ST68 Reviews

Given 82% while driving a Vauxhall Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav 1.5 TurboD (235/50 R19) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
The Accelera IOTA ST-68 replace my original ones from factory Continental ContiSportContact 5 lasted 25000 miles & 3 and half years, good tyre but a bit noisy and £40 a corner more expensive. I only done 1000 miles and so far, makes the car drive smother and quieter rated A-68db C+C 103 V XL. I will come back later after I done a bit more mileage, these Accelera IOTA ST-68 have a new pattern. I already driven in heavy rain and their stud very well I was impressed, so far 4 stars
Helpful 1 - tyre reviewed on October 1, 2022
Given 84% while driving a Land Rover Range Rover Vogue SDV6 (275/40 R22) on mostly motorways for 20,000 spirited miles
Positively surprised by the overall performance of these Tyres. Budget priced but quiet and cannot fault the grip in the dry and especially in the wet which is where I thought they would be susceptible. Fitted to a Range Rover they have now done over 20,000 miles and still have a good few thousand miles left in them. I had just bought the Car and after considerable expense in the initial Car purchase put these Tyres on with the intention of upgrading them to a set of the well known brands later on when finances permitted. I honestly can't fault them and shocked at how well they are performing to the extent that I will be replacing them with the same when they eventually wear out. I drive around 25K miles a year and have done for over 40 years and these tyres are as good as any I have experienced in fact even better than some of the more popular German, Italian and French brands which are literally double the price and then some. In the past I have bought some budget tyres and instantly regretted it realising it was a false economy but these Accelera ST's have totally surpassed my expectations.
Helpful 5 - tyre reviewed on July 17, 2022
All Season VS Winter Tyres: What is REALLY Best?! Click to find out!
Given 84% while driving a Audi Q5 (255/45 R20) on mostly country roads for 20,000 average miles
In October 2019 I needed to change all 4 tyres on my Audi Q5. I took into consideration that I was going to be driving on a long holiday to Italy in June 2020, so I did some research and tried to get the best set of low cost tyres to last me until June when I would change to more premium ones. Well Covid 19, appeared my holiday was cancelled and it’s now January 2022, some 2 years and 4 months later. I never did buy those premium tyres. I still have some tread on all the Accelera Iota st68 tyres but because an idiot driving at speed two months ago forced me to hit a kerb at about 25mph I badly damaged the edge of one tyre and two have inner wear. I only noticed when I recently washed my car. I have decided to change all 4 and guess what I’ve bought another set of Accelera Iota ST68. 4 tyres plus fitting and disposal of the old ones has cost me £441 that’s £110 pound a corner. I’ve done over 20000 miles on the old ones so I cannot complain and I have no complaints.
Helpful 5 - tyre reviewed on January 25, 2022
BMW (265/35 R22) on a combination of roads for 60,000 average miles
The best tyre I have ever used
Helpful 5 - tyre reviewed on September 4, 2021
Given 88% while driving a Land Rover Range Rover Sport (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 1,000 average miles
Fitted IOTA ST68 275/40 R20 to the front of my 2012 Range Rover Sport replacing Pirellis. These are a revelation, in terms of road holding, comfort and general improvement to the handling of the car. The car is now a pleasure to drive and is almost unrecognisable from the experience on Pirellis. I tow a caravan and have just returned from an 700 mile round trip. The previous tyres had a disconcerting habit of following the ruts made by HGVs in the inside lane to the point, at times, it was almost dangerous. I can't even say I noticed this phenomena with the Accelera tyres. I can't comment on longevity but at about half the price of top branded tyres I wont be too concerned. Very pleased will definitely buy these again.
Helpful 17 - tyre reviewed on June 10, 2021