Nexen N Blue HD+

The Nexen N Blue HD Plus is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 52 tyre reviews averaging 82% over 292,660 miles driven.

The N Blue HD+ is ranked 28th of 190 Summer High Performance tyres.

2021 Auto Bild 16 Inch Summer Tyre Test - 20th of 20 tyres

• Positive - STable safe handling and short braking in the dry, low price.
  • Negative - Slow steering and understeer in the wet, average wear.
  • Overall - Acceptable.

2021 53 Summer Tyre Braking Test - 15th of 53 tyres

2019 AMS Summer SUV Tyre Test - 10th of 11 tyres

• Positive - Acceptable handling.
  • Negative - Relatively wea dry and wet grip.

2021 Tyre Tests

• 15th: 2021 53 Summer Tyre Braking Test (205/55 R16)
  • 20th: 2021 Auto Bild 16 Inch Summer Tyre Test (205/55 R16)
  • 2019 Tyre Tests

• 10th: 2019 AMS Summer SUV Tyre Test (215/55 R17)
  • 2018 Tyre Tests

• 8th: 2018 Gute Fahrt Summer Tyre Test (205/55 R16)
  • 13th: 2018 ADAC Summer Tyre Test - 205/55 R16 (205/55 R16)
  • 31st: 2018 AutoBild Summer Tyre Overview (195/65 R15)
  • 2017 Tyre Tests

• 7th: 2017 Mid Range Tyre Test (205/55 R16)
  • 2016 Tyre Tests

• 1st: 2016 ACE Mid Range Summer Tyre Test (195/65 R15)
  • 12th: 2016 Market Overview - Braking Test (205/55 R16)
  • 13th: 2016 ADAC Tyre Test - 185/65 R15 (185/65 R15)
  • 13th: 2016 AutoBild Summer Tyre Test (205/55 R16)
  • 2015 Tyre Tests

• 4th: 2015 Auto Bild Top 18 Summer Tyre Test (185/60 R15)
  • 6th: 2015 Market Overview - Braking Test (185/60 R15)
  • 10th: 2015 ACE Summer Touring Tyre Test (205/55 R16)
  • Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nexen N Blue HD Plus

Questions and Answers for the Nexen N Blue HD Plus

2016-12-26 - I have just purchased the Nexen N Blue HD 255/55/R17 for my VW Tiguan to replace the worn out Purelli. I was told to keep both the front and back infalted at 32. However when I exceed a certain speed, say 60mph, they tend to become rather noisy, giving that 'unsafe' feeling. Moreover they give the impression that they are a bit 'flat'. I inflated them up to 36, both front and back, and the noise, though still audible, decreased a lot. Any idea whether it is ok to have them inflated at 36, and whether they can give a better performance if inflated a bit more, say 38 front and 40 back?

While it's always advisable to start with the manufacturer's recommended pressures, there is scope to move tyre pressures safely a few PSI in either direction depending on personal preference. That said, moving the tyres, especially the rear up to 40 psi will reduce overall grip at the rear and likely give you uneven, centre wear, which could result in noise as the tyres wear down, so any extreme adjustments you make need to be carefully considered and monitored.

2017-05-15 - I am thinking of buying these Nexen tyres for my 1 yr old Suzuki Vitara (new model) would you recommend buying XL or 'reinforced' types as opposed to the normal tyres. There is no indication in the car's handbook as to which to buy. I live in the north of England where it rains about half of the year. Also, is there a tyre more suitable without spending a lot more as it is just used as a family runabout? Thought about Uniroyal as they seem to score higher for wet roads but wear out quite a lot faster and their dry performance is somewhat questionable. PS the car is the petrol model which has firmer suspension than the diesel (supported by Suzuki)

As long as you meet the minimum load rating recommended by the manufacturer whether you order XL or not is down to preference, and whether to plan to carry heavy loads. In theory, the XL version of the Nexen N Blue HD+ will have a slightly better steering response while the non-XL version will have slightly better comfort.

2018-11-30 - Hi I’ve just had these in 16” fitted to my combo van are these upto the job. As I asked the dealer for r16c’s as what was currently on the van.

As long as they meet the size and load rating specified by the vehicle they are legal to fit, usually C (cargo) tyres have a higher load rating and stronger sidewalls so you might not have the right tyres fitted, it's worth double checking.

N Blue HD Plus Prices

Top 3 Nexen N Blue HD Plus Reviews

Given 100% while driving a Audi 80 2.0E Sport (195/60 R14) on mostly country roads for 3,000 spirited miles
    Absolutely brilliant. Very good price, amazing grip wet and dry. Fitted to an old Audi which is very front heavy and is prone to understeer, never had any understeer or lack of grip since fitting and the car gets driven hard.
    Helpful 308 - tyre reviewed on June 15, 2016
    Given 67% while driving a Fiat Grande Punto 1.3Multijet 75bhp (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 15,000 spirited miles
    After 15000miles (20000km) tyres have changed in their attitude. First 10000miles were very good both wet & dry, but after that mark went through, even though the thread is still looking good - they started getting slips on wet surface. Please note - this isn't a drastic change, but a change for worse either way... They are good in dry&wet conditions - just that they were obviously better when new. Most tyres I've had so far were very good till hitting the 2-3mm thread, and here we are talking about a 5-6mm front 6-7mm rear thread. I hope they will not change any more - will do a comment after ending the tyres in two years time...

Comfort - quite bad. Its not that they are very noisy, but You feel everything on the road - and no, the tyres are not overpumped. Also with nominal pressure for my car - the tyres look as if they are "flat". Easy to hit the rim when driving through kerbs. The sides of the tires are very slim, probably through weight reduction You get better economy, but the tyre doesn't give enough protection for the rim, and makes the tyre go "flat" with nominal pressure.

Given the price the tyre isnt all that bad, wear could be a bit better, but then again dry&wet handling would suffer. The best thing about these tyres is that they are just made for highway driving - this is the first tyre for my car that helped with keeping a straight line when driving - the thread somehow makes the car keep driving straight instrad of going left-right with every wind gust on the highway.
    Helpful 51 - tyre reviewed on September 23, 2016
    Given 44% while driving a Volkswagen polo 2018 1.0 tsi 115 hp (215/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 7,000 average miles
    This is my second review of the tyres, at 11000 km, on a new 2018 Polo tsi 115 hp fitted from factory. Overall a poor choice by VW to fit these tyres to the car. Dry braking at speed, better not to speed as braking is scary,comfort has been lost although running on the lowest permissible by VW pressure, handling not so good, easily loosing grip, road noise increased considerably. Typical budget tyre and nothing more, I was expecting something much better by VW especially as first fitment to a brand new model!.Looking for Michelins ps4 or Conti PC 6 to replace them already.
    Helpful 38 - tyre reviewed on November 7, 2018
    Have you driven on the Nexen N Blue HD Plus tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Nexen N Blue HD Plus? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Nexen N Blue HD Plus >

Latest Nexen N Blue HD Plus Reviews

Given 61% while driving a Toyota Avensis (215/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
    I am happy with the tires in terms of very good comfort, quiet. I have run normally, and not very high speed and very good response. The downside is that they wear out very quickly! After driving about 7-8000 km, the tread depth is now 4 mm! I have these tires on the front wheels, and another brand on the rear wheels. Maybee i can drive 12-13000 km total? (Then I take into account the pattern depth of 1.6 mm.) If i want to drive safely, I will probably replace the tires when the tread depth is 3 mm.
    Helpful 1 - tyre reviewed on June 12, 2022
    Given 47% while driving a Ford Focus MK1 (195/60 R15) on mostly country roads for 8,000 average miles
    Dissapointed. These are cheap, but not worth it. On hot days, you don't even have to go fast, and all you'll be hearing is the tires squeaking while losing grip. That makes them unusable to me as a summer tire.
    Helpful 2 - tyre reviewed on May 7, 2022
    Want the best Performance summer tyre? Click here!
    Given 80% while driving a Kia Motors Rio 5 (185/65 R15) on a combination of roads for 22,360 spirited miles
    I got these tyres as OEM on my 2020 KIA Rio Hatchback. I previously had a 2019 Rio with the same tyres. Did over 9,000 miles on the 2019, but have so far done 22,360 miles on the 2020, and they are in great condition still. The Dry performance continues to be great for an H rated tyre, I don't drift or do burnouts (only 100 HP) so i dont't know how that would go LoL. What i can say for sure is the car tracks dead straight, and doesn't go wandering with every road imperfection (vertical cracks). The tyres will tell you exactly what kind of tarmac you are on (audible) but does not make a sound on their own (smooth tarmac is whisper quiet with windows up). My car has numb steering so the sound is helpful. When new, you can easily go twice as fast in the rain on a smooth highway compared to others (i never went above 110 km in the rain), but naturally in a thunderstorm, you better go based on visibility and common sense. Had to pull a 4" nail once from a front left (passed an inner city furniture shop way too often, it was a shortcut), but the tyres only kept losing pressure for weeks but never flattened or blew out, till i realized it was in there (doing 75 MPH regurlarly). I only needed to get it plugged. Very safe tyres. I've even gone "off-road" in them, dirt tracks and rocky rain-damaged country roads, no cracks or nothing. Tuff tyres for the money. The wet traction will not be as good as the tread goes down (simple physics), but the car still behaves predictably and has never snapped. I only rotated criss cross after 9,000 miles. I know, i just forgot dealerships don't rotate them for you (went to a tyre shop when i saw the front in-tread sipes disappear). Please note, they are bi-directional, but have an inside and outside wall, so pay attention. To prolong tyres, make sure to have them "oiled", and rebalanced during rotation. Don't be cheap just because the tyres are. Also, you can tell how the water drainage goes by how deep the sound of the water is. High pitch is minimal water, but deeper pitch means too much, so slow down. But if you're in a luxury vehicle, you may not hear anything so....good luck with that. I may have to choose a different tyre when these go off, mainly because they may be hard to find, and i want better tread life expectancy, as these are UTQG 360. Still, if that's average for AA traction then i guess not bad. I will buy again if i can find them newly made AND the price is still low (for e.g. the 185\65\R15 is a US$70 tyre (don't overpay). In case you're wondering, i'm driving these in JA, which has some of the oldest roads ever, tyres go through a lot, when not on the highways.
    Helpful 2 - tyre reviewed on December 7, 2021
    Fiat (195/55 R15) on mostly town for 1,000 miles
    I bought the tires on the recommendation of my vulcanizer. I must mention that I reviewed the reviews after that and they helped me a lot to choose a set of these tires for my car. My first impression is that the tires are quiet, comfortable and very affordable. I drive mostly city and intercity driving. The tires are new and I drove them mostly in the dry, once they were driven in the rain and I have to say I am happy with how they behave. When I do more kilometers I will be able to say something more about tires. So far I am very satisfied and would buy them again.
    Helpful 10 - tyre reviewed on September 7, 2021
    Ford (215/55 R16) on mostly country roads for 8,000 average miles
    Tyre's done 8000 miles, all 4 cracked on the tread allover. MOT failure apparently. Still got 5mm of tread left out of the 8mm when New. Going back to the dealer next week to be changed for Avon tyres. Do Not buy .
    Helpful 15 - tyre reviewed on August 10, 2021
    Given 97% while driving a SEAT Ibiza 1.4 Sportrider (195/55 R15) on a combination of roads for 1,000 miles
    Awesome summer tyres. Bought a new pair, mounted on rear axle. These are now made in Czech Republic but same are like those I had from S.Korea. These are not V-indexed, only H, and labeled B+C but 66dB, perfectly quiet tyres!! Top comfort for harder trimmed car like my Ibiza. ...Ran with them about 1000 km, for now are excellent. I will buy it again and again,good price, good tyre!
    Helpful 6 - tyre reviewed on August 8, 2021
    Suzuki Splash SZ4 (185/60 R15) on mostly town for 17,000 average miles
    After 3 years and 25.000km, the braking distance has deteriorated and the handling in slippery tarmac needs attention.They haven’t become dangerous, not at all. But It seems that they are a little less durable than the average norm. I read on this site that the Chech made version of this Tyre isn’t as good. Since the ones available were Chech made, I finally opted for the Kleber Dynaxer 4.
    Helpful 6 - tyre reviewed on May 3, 2021
    Given 89% while driving a Renault Scenic (215/50 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
    Great tyre, buy again definitely!
    Helpful 5 - tyre reviewed on March 17, 2021
    Given 83% while driving a Volvo 855 126 hp (195/65 R15 H) on mostly country roads for 0 easy going miles
    I had two sets of Michelin energy before and Nexen since 2015 and still going on. For a smooth ride they are excellent, quiet and comfortable and i never get in trouble in the wet, braking is always save. Maybe best buy for the money, if you are not a sporty driver.
    Helpful 17 - tyre reviewed on November 24, 2020
    Given 79% while driving a Volkswagen Golf (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 8,000 average miles
    I had these tyres fitted on my Golf based on the recommendation of the tyre fitter. They were fantastic! gripped well. Incredibly progressive, fairly quiet but not the most comfortable tyre. I forgave the comfort as it isn't a proper eco tyre with the super soft sidewalls. Due to mindless vandalism, I had to have one of my tyres replaced one week after getting a full set (sigh)... on closer inspection, I noticed that the new tyre was date coded early in this year and instead came from Czech Republic (the other 3 were from Korea)... After some research and a phone call to the tyre fitter, I was told not to worry, as the rubber quality was the same... Oh how wrong was I! The newer tyre wore faster than the other 3, and also suffered from tread 'chunking' and 4 nasty bubbles that occurred after a 120 mile trip back to S Wales. I thought nothing of it and once the tyre wore close to the limit, My trusted tyre fitter immediately suggested I change them as I was on borrowed time... After changing my tyres he showed me how thin those bubbles actually were on the top of the tread... I have used Nexen's for a while and, as such disappointed in the new, low quality control of these tyres.... I replaced with Nankang's and hope that they will prove a better replacement... Buy these new 'Czech' made tyres at your risk...
    Helpful 9 - tyre reviewed on October 26, 2020
    Given 96% while driving a Mitsubishi Lancer 1.5 (205/60 R16) on for 0 average miles
    I have these tyres since 2018, and i used them app 15000km. I do not have any compliant for driving in wet or dry. Are not noizy, with a good confort. I do not see any differences between them and premium tyres.
    I highly recommend it.
    Helpful 13 - tyre reviewed on November 14, 2019
    Given 87% while driving a Alfa Romeo 156 SW 1.9 JTD (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
    Location of use: Croatia / Climate: warm summers with shower rains, rainy autumns with cold mornings and nights, warm springs with shower rains, rainy and snowy winters
    After more than six months with this tyres, all I can say about them are good words. Dry grip is just perfect, I had some really close breaking and Nexen hadn't let me down. Wet grip is also very good, I didn't experienced any aquaplaning at all. It endure even heavy rains very good. You can enter fast in turns on the road and handling is very reliable. The tyres are soft with soft sides, so you can feel some squirm in fast and strong turns. If you don't like that feeling, I suggest XL version of this tyre with stronger sides. But, at the end, they manage to control it easy. Because of its softness, I presume that they wear in some higher rate. So far, so good. They are very quiet.
    All in all, definitely I would buy again this tyre or some other from Nexen. Also I recommend this tyres to everyone because they are excellent budget tyres with some high performance premium characteristics.
    Compare: better than Sava tyres (Goodyear, Slovenia/Poland) in same price range, better than Tigar and Taurus (Michellin, Serbia/Hungary).
    Helpful 32 - tyre reviewed on October 20, 2019