Nexen N Blue HD+

The Nexen N Blue HD Plus is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 44 tyre reviews averaging 83% over 230,300 miles driven.

Latest Group Test Results

2021 53 Summer Tyre Braking Test - 15th of 53 tyres

2019 AMS Summer SUV Tyre Test - 10th of 11 tyres

• Positive - Acceptable handling.
  • Negative - Relatively wea dry and wet grip.

2018 AutoBild Summer Tyre Overview - 31st of 47 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nexen N Blue HD Plus

Questions and Answers for the Nexen N Blue HD Plus

2016-12-26 - I have just purchased the Nexen N Blue HD 255/55/R17 for my VW Tiguan to replace the worn out Purelli. I was told to keep both the front and back infalted at 32. However when I exceed a certain speed, say 60mph, they tend to become rather noisy, giving that 'unsafe' feeling. Moreover they give the impression that they are a bit 'flat'. I inflated them up to 36, both front and back, and the noise, though still audible, decreased a lot. Any idea whether it is ok to have them inflated at 36, and whether they can give a better performance if inflated a bit more, say 38 front and 40 back?

While it's always advisable to start with the manufacturer's recommended pressures, there is scope to move tyre pressures safely a few PSI in either direction depending on personal preference. That said, moving the tyres, especially the rear up to 40 psi will reduce overall grip at the rear and likely give you uneven, centre wear, which could result in noise as the tyres wear down, so any extreme adjustments you make need to be carefully considered and monitored.

2017-05-15 - I am thinking of buying these Nexen tyres for my 1 yr old Suzuki Vitara (new model) would you recommend buying XL or 'reinforced' types as opposed to the normal tyres. There is no indication in the car's handbook as to which to buy. I live in the north of England where it rains about half of the year. Also, is there a tyre more suitable without spending a lot more as it is just used as a family runabout? Thought about Uniroyal as they seem to score higher for wet roads but wear out quite a lot faster and their dry performance is somewhat questionable. PS the car is the petrol model which has firmer suspension than the diesel (supported by Suzuki)

As long as you meet the minimum load rating recommended by the manufacturer whether you order XL or not is down to preference, and whether to plan to carry heavy loads. In theory, the XL version of the Nexen N Blue HD+ will have a slightly better steering response while the non-XL version will have slightly better comfort.

2018-11-30 - Hi I’ve just had these in 16” fitted to my combo van are these upto the job. As I asked the dealer for r16c’s as what was currently on the van.

As long as they meet the size and load rating specified by the vehicle they are legal to fit, usually C (cargo) tyres have a higher load rating and stronger sidewalls so you might not have the right tyres fitted, it's worth double checking.

Top 3 Nexen N Blue HD Plus Reviews

Given 100% while driving a Audi 80 2.0E Sport (195/60 R14) on mostly country roads for 3,000 spirited miles
Absolutely brilliant. Very good price, amazing grip wet and dry. Fitted to an old Audi which is very front heavy and is prone to understeer, never had any understeer or lack of grip since fitting and the car gets driven hard.
294 - tyre reviewed on June 15, 2016
Given 67% while driving a Fiat Grande Punto 1.3Multijet 75bhp (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 15,000 spirited miles
After 15000miles (20000km) tyres have changed in their attitude. First 10000miles were very good both wet & dry, but after that mark went through, even though the thread is still looking good - they started getting slips on wet surface. Please note - this isn't a drastic change, but a change for worse either way... They are good in dry&wet conditions - just that they were obviously better when new. Most tyres I've had so far were very good till hitting the 2-3mm thread, and here we are talking about a 5-6mm front 6-7mm rear thread. I hope they will not change any more - will do a comment after ending the tyres in two years time...

Comfort - quite bad. Its not that they are very noisy, but You feel everything on the road - and no, the tyres are not overpumped. Also with nominal pressure for my car - the tyres look as if they are "flat". Easy to hit the rim when driving through kerbs. The sides of the tires are very slim, probably through weight reduction You get better economy, but the tyre doesn't give enough protection for the rim, and makes the tyre go "flat" with nominal pressure.

Given the price the tyre isnt all that bad, wear could be a bit better, but then again dry&wet handling would suffer. The best thing about these tyres is that they are just made for highway driving - this is the first tyre for my car that helped with keeping a straight line when driving - the thread somehow makes the car keep driving straight instrad of going left-right with every wind gust on the highway.
42 - tyre reviewed on September 23, 2016
Given 44% while driving a Volkswagen polo 2018 1.0 tsi 115 hp (215/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 7,000 average miles
This is my second review of the tyres, at 11000 km, on a new 2018 Polo tsi 115 hp fitted from factory. Overall a poor choice by VW to fit these tyres to the car. Dry braking at speed, better not to speed as braking is scary,comfort has been lost although running on the lowest permissible by VW pressure, handling not so good, easily loosing grip, road noise increased considerably. Typical budget tyre and nothing more, I was expecting something much better by VW especially as first fitment to a brand new model!.Looking for Michelins ps4 or Conti PC 6 to replace them already.
31 - tyre reviewed on November 7, 2018
Have you driven on the Nexen N Blue HD Plus tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Nexen N Blue HD Plus? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Nexen N Blue HD Plus >

Latest Nexen N Blue HD Plus Reviews

Given 83% while driving a Volvo 855 126 hp (195/65 R15 H) on mostly country roads for 0 easy going miles
I had two sets of Michelin energy before and Nexen since 2015 and still going on. For a smooth ride they are excellent, quiet and comfortable and i never get in trouble in the wet, braking is always save. Maybe best buy for the money, if you are not a sporty driver.
8 - tyre reviewed on November 24, 2020
Given 79% while driving a Volkswagen Golf (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 8,000 average miles
I had these tyres fitted on my Golf based on the recommendation of the tyre fitter. They were fantastic! gripped well. Incredibly progressive, fairly quiet but not the most comfortable tyre. I forgave the comfort as it isn't a proper eco tyre with the super soft sidewalls. Due to mindless vandalism, I had to have one of my tyres replaced one week after getting a full set (sigh)... on closer inspection, I noticed that the new tyre was date coded early in this year and instead came from Czech Republic (the other 3 were from Korea)... After some research and a phone call to the tyre fitter, I was told not to worry, as the rubber quality was the same... Oh how wrong was I! The newer tyre wore faster than the other 3, and also suffered from tread 'chunking' and 4 nasty bubbles that occurred after a 120 mile trip back to S Wales. I thought nothing of it and once the tyre wore close to the limit, My trusted tyre fitter immediately suggested I change them as I was on borrowed time... After changing my tyres he showed me how thin those bubbles actually were on the top of the tread... I have used Nexen's for a while and, as such disappointed in the new, low quality control of these tyres.... I replaced with Nankang's and hope that they will prove a better replacement... Buy these new 'Czech' made tyres at your risk...
4 - tyre reviewed on October 26, 2020
Given 96% while driving a Mitsubishi Lancer 1.5 (205/60 R16) on for 0 average miles
I have these tyres since 2018, and i used them app 15000km. I do not have any compliant for driving in wet or dry. Are not noizy, with a good confort. I do not see any differences between them and premium tyres.
I highly recommend it.
9 - tyre reviewed on November 14, 2019
Given 87% while driving a Alfa Romeo 156 SW 1.9 JTD (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
Location of use: Croatia / Climate: warm summers with shower rains, rainy autumns with cold mornings and nights, warm springs with shower rains, rainy and snowy winters
After more than six months with this tyres, all I can say about them are good words. Dry grip is just perfect, I had some really close breaking and Nexen hadn't let me down. Wet grip is also very good, I didn't experienced any aquaplaning at all. It endure even heavy rains very good. You can enter fast in turns on the road and handling is very reliable. The tyres are soft with soft sides, so you can feel some squirm in fast and strong turns. If you don't like that feeling, I suggest XL version of this tyre with stronger sides. But, at the end, they manage to control it easy. Because of its softness, I presume that they wear in some higher rate. So far, so good. They are very quiet.
All in all, definitely I would buy again this tyre or some other from Nexen. Also I recommend this tyres to everyone because they are excellent budget tyres with some high performance premium characteristics.
Compare: better than Sava tyres (Goodyear, Slovenia/Poland) in same price range, better than Tigar and Taurus (Michellin, Serbia/Hungary).
23 - tyre reviewed on October 20, 2019
Given 90% while driving a Peugeot 306 (185/65 R14 H) on a combination of roads for 19,000 average miles
Great wet braking!! Silent, and in 30000kms the tyres are in +/- 50%. Very good quality with low price!
7 - tyre reviewed on October 18, 2019
Given 96% while driving a SEAT Ibiza 1.4 Sportrider (195/55 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 13,000 miles
Satisfied.Very good tyres. I've bought first pair in 2016 and second in 2017. I saw test review in Auto Bild 2015 summer tyre test. They took 4th place and were better than some majors...Bought it because Seat Ibiza is a harder trimmed car and with these soft tyres I compensate bumpy cracked roads here in Serbia and Hungary. Very soft,good handling,quiet....we were 4 times in Greece during a hot summer and they made about 25.000 km. First tyres that were fitted on Ibiza were Dunlop Sport 2000 and were very bad and so hard and they were losing they diameter after 10.000km....and only I can say that Nexens are awesome. Good in braking,good on highway and local way and good in curves,only problem is a bit higher wear because they are soft but for me quite ok...My recommendations. I'll buy them again. Mid range,not premium but are very close.
7 - tyre reviewed on July 17, 2019
Given 51% while driving a SEAT Ibiza 1.4 Sportrider (195/55 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 6,300 average miles
They are decent tyres on both dry and wet, but if they’re pushed a little bit to hard the tyres will lose grip.
One of the downsizes of these tyres, is tyre wear.. after 10.000 km I found some nasty ruptures ( 3-4 cm long) along the rolling surface and also the tyres started wobbling .
18 - tyre reviewed on June 29, 2019
Given 84% while driving a Fiat Cinquecento ED (145/70 R13) on for 500 miles
I bought these tyres after having difficulty in finding a premium make that I wanted in this small size, these are certainly proving to be the next best thing. Very good in the wet, albeit obviously on a low powered car. So far they feel perfectly safe and stable in all conditions. We'll worth considering, at least on small to medium vehicles.
4 - tyre reviewed on June 20, 2019
Given 87% while driving a Volvo V40 Estate (195/60 R15 V) on mostly motorways for 15,000 average miles
After reading many review i decided to give them a chance.
Overall al very good summer tyre,
I would like to make a special remark about nowaday tyres (michelin energy saver plus and goodyear vector 4 seasons gen 2) these 2 types of tyres always look like underinflated (sidewalls) even at normal or higher tyre pressure. For my car an 2002 Volvo V40 115HP, they gave my car more like a floating feeling (both straights and turns).
I recently drove with a friends VW california 2019 with also the goodyear Vectors 4 seasons gen 2, now it was overwelming, at highway speed the van needed to be corrected all the time... more like sailing than driving.
Its like a contradiction but some confortable tyres on some models of cars are the opposite of that.
The nexens hd plus keeps my volvo much more controlable and easy to drive, than the 2 more expensive tyres, best tyre i had for my car.
Dont trust all the professional reviews, some of them gave these tyre very good results in the wet, some gave it dangerous properties in the wet so they coudnt possibly recommend it... Also read a review here from an uncontollable rent car in greece with these nexens, are you sure the steering wasnt damaged after an accident????
Some reviews are very hard to believe, ABS that refuses to lock or unlock them , or locks itself because of these tyres? Stil dont get it, haha
Very happy with my first budget tyre (44euro/piece). Very good control at highway speeds in Belgium and Germany (at 150kmh) I recommend them and feel safe with them as summer tyres (my winter tyres are conti wintercontact ts850, also very verry good).
Greetings from Ghent (Be)...
10 - tyre reviewed on May 31, 2019