Nokian WeatherProof SUV

Nokian WeatherProof SUV Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 80% while driving a Volvo XC70 D5 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Now on my second set of these. excellent wet, mud and snow grip, average on a dry. For an SUV tyre they are also pretty good on the motorway especially low reverberation and low noise level. Good value for money only drawback is that they do wear comparatively quickly but at the price that is not too important. i would definitely buy again for my kind of use and have already recommended to friends
1 - tyre reviewed on October 5, 2020
Given 64% while driving a Volvo XC90 (2) D5 momentum (235/55 R19 V) on a combination of roads for 24,000 spirited miles
Used all year round for 39000km starting in a snowy winter. They handled snow covered roads with fairly steep inclines very well. Performed better than Pirelli Scorpion winters on snow in my opinion (which are not good at all as they get toward the end of their wear). Handling is ok but not great. They are of course noisier than summer tyres but tolerable on most road surfaces. We have been happy with the tyres but are now going back to dedicated summer and winter tyres.
1 - tyre reviewed on September 28, 2020
Volvo XC60 D5 AWD Auto (235/60 R18 V) on mostly country roads for 10 average miles

VOLVO XC60 D4
Purchased 4 Nokian Weatherproof tyres 18 months ago and covered less than 10,000 miles in that period , I am now having to replace them as all 4 tyres have deep cracks between the tread and I fear they are unsafe to drive on.
On doing some internet searching I found this seems to be common with these tyres with the ones made in Russia (check for yourself )
13 - tyre reviewed on November 4, 2019
Given 86% while driving a Land Rover Range Rover P38 (255/50 R18) on mostly country roads for 6,000 average miles
Weatherproof SUV on Range Rover P38 diesel. During the hottest summer for years and 6000 miles (2000 around Scotland) only wore down 2mm. I have used them in wet and very pleased with the grip over that from Pirelli Scorpions it previously had. As an off-roader I have used them at our 4x4 site, as well as going to marshal at others. They do very well and are actually better off-road than Falken AT we also have. The Nokians have a kevlar type layer in the sidewalls to give better protection against damage and punctures.

Will buy them again and also when the time comes see if I can get them for our other vehicles.
6 - tyre reviewed on October 30, 2018
Given 85% while driving a Hyundai Accent (225/60 R17 H) on a combination of roads for 1,000 easy going miles
I bought these having checked other "all season" type tyres as Nokian actually rate them as more winter with a summer bias.I have replaced the Hankooks on the Tucson as I did not feel they were right for me and as the Tucson is 2WD I needed something more suited to a wet and occasional snowy climate. Well I am delighted with them ,quiet,good roadholding and superb in the wet. I am near Glasgow in the country and now we have had 15" of drifting snow they were absolutely brilliant--on normal road easy pull off,no wheel spin ans drove off on 12" snow no bother. A really good investment--no downsides at all so far.
4 - tyre reviewed on March 2, 2018
Suzuki (215/65 R16) on a combination of roads for 12,000 easy going miles
Very good tyres . comfort with the feeling of security in winter and condition
2 - tyre reviewed on June 25, 2017
Given 93% while driving a Volvo XC60 D5 AWD Auto (235/60 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 12,000 average miles
Second review. Have now done 12,000 miles on these tyres in a Volvo XC60 D5 AWD. Wear has been great, all four tyres are just between the 8-6 mm wear marks. Snow, Cold and wet Road performance has been exceptional. As we live in the northern part of the UK we opted for these instead of having a dedicated winter set of tyres. Really pleased with these tyres, dry Road performance not as good as a summer tyre but not far from it. Will buy again.
12 - tyre reviewed on March 27, 2017
Given 90% while driving a Volvo XC60 D5 AWD Auto (235/60 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
Bought to replace a set of aging Continetal tyres on a Volvo XC60 D5 AWD. Have to say the grip in both the wet and dry is a much better. Snow performance wise we were not able to get out of our street on the old tyres last year, the Nokians handled everything thrown at them so we were very pleased and no issues with grp. So far we have done arond 2000 miles on them so it's too early t comment on wear. Road noise wise they were louder than expected when new but the noise reduced after the first 200 miles, and they are much quieter than the previous tyres we had. Off road, 4x4 traction and Nokian Tyres did not have any problems with muddy roads. Will definately buy again unless the wear turns out to be poor. Value wise, much better than the more expensive brrands available.
48 - tyre reviewed on February 17, 2016
Given 63% while driving a BMW X3 (225/60 R17 H) on a combination of roads for 300 average miles
I have recently mounted the Nokian Weatherproof SUV on my BWM X3. Although I cannot comment on Summer and Snow performance yet, both wet (heavy and light) and dry handling feel excellent; that is, under what I would call "responsible driving behaviour". Too early to comment on wear as I have only covered 300 miles. However, on the road these Nokian tyres feel very responsive and amazingly quiet. Off road, 4x4 traction and Nokian Tyres did not have any problems with muddy roads. Except any surprises relating to wear, I shall buy these tyres again.
9 - tyre reviewed on February 7, 2016
Given 82% while driving a Land Rover Range Rover Evoque (235/55 R18) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
A good balance of tyre which works well in towns and off road on fields much better than summer 4x4 tyres.

Not tried in snow yet