Michelin CrossClimate 2 SUV

The "Michelin CrossClimate 2 SUV" is the SUV variant of the extremely popular CrossClimate 2 all weather tyre. The tyre is a 3PMSF (3 Peak Mountain Snow Flake) certified tyre.

This tyre replaced the Michelin CrossClimate SUV.

Tyre review data from 2 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 450 miles driven.

The CrossClimate 2 SUV is unranked of 18 All Season Premium Touring tyres.

Reports

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Michelin CrossClimate 2 SUV

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Michelin CrossClimate 2 SUV

Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Michelin CrossClimate 2 SUV. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

YouTube Review

Have you driven on the Michelin CrossClimate 2 SUV tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Michelin CrossClimate 2 SUV? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Michelin CrossClimate 2 SUV >

Latest Michelin CrossClimate 2 SUV Reviews

Given 80% while driving a Volvo XC40 Recharge P8 AWD (255/40 R20) on a combination of roads for 100 spirited miles
Initial impressions are that these are *very* soft tyres. The sidewall is easily moved with a fingertip at 40PSI, as is the tread. I've a set of Pirelli Scorpion Winter tyres which are more firm to the touch despite significantly more siping in the tread blocks at the same 15 celcius ambient temperature. Maybe the design of the siping in the CrossClimate's compensates for this soft compound. I can't help but think that it will lead to early wear on the tyre tread, especially on a high-torque EV. Having said that, the ride is more comfortable than it was on the 20" Pirelli P Zero Elect's that came on the XC40 Recharge, which is a pleasent bonus on this car. Will add more when the wet and cold weather comes upon us. I'd buy this tyre again, but not for an EV.
Helpful 5 - tyre reviewed on September 23, 2022
Given 79% while driving a Ford Escape (/45 R17) on mostly town for 350 spirited miles
I purchased a set of Cross Climate 2 tires on my dealers recommendation. I drive a 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid. The first thing I noticed was my gas mileage dropped 10% around town. This vehicle gets 42.3 miles per gallon around town. The calculation is done by the vehicle and is in your face constantly.. Immediately after mounting the Cross Climate 2 my mileage dropped to 38.5 around town. I took a trip of 285 miles on a highspeed highway. My mileage which normally would be about 38.0 mpg dropped to 31.5. (Hybrids routinely get better mileage round town than they do on high speed trips due to higher percentage of electric power usage at lower speeds.) The bottom line is my fuel economy dropped 10% to 20%. I returned to my dealer. He scoffed at my mileage claims but agreed to swap the tires for a set of Primacy Tour A/S tires. i drove out of the dealership and zeroed out my trip odometer, almost immediately my fuel usage calculations began to improve. After 75 miles of local driving my MPG is back to 43.5 MPG. the Cross Climate 2 may be a great handling tire, but it will cost you dearly in fuel usage.
Helpful 30 - tyre reviewed on May 18, 2022
All Season VS Winter Tyres: What is REALLY Best?! Click to find out!