Petlas Snow Master W651

The Petlas Snow Master W651 is a Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 20 tyre reviews averaging 75% over 158,850 miles driven.

The Snow Master W651 is ranked 43rd of 87 Winter Touring tyres.

2020 Winter Tyre Market Overview - 52 Tyre Braking Test - 51st of 49 tyres

2016 Winter Tyre Market Overview - 39th of 43 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Petlas Snow Master W651
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Petlas Snow Master W651. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Snow Master W651 Prices

Top 3 Petlas Snow Master W651 Reviews

Given 75% while driving a Vauxhall Astra 1.7 CDTI (225/45 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 600 average miles
Did research and although none of the 'tests' actually featured these tyres I based my choice on the reviews and had them fitted just a few days before the recent snowfall - and so glad I did. Other cars, even 4 wheel drives, were stuck on the local hills but I sailed past with no problem. Massive improvement in traction on snow & ice - highly recommended.Can't comment on wear yet, but for the price an excellent buy.
129 - tyre reviewed on January 1, 2015
Given 100% while driving a Vauxhall 1.7 TD estate (225/45 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 5,600 easy going miles
There was Continental on my car and at first I hesitated too much about petlas/starmaxx. But it is half price of famous labels, and Ithink it is worth to try. It is very comfortable,silent and grips very well. There is no need to give to much money. The accuracy of tire tests are controversial. Who pays more, win the test. I highly recommend.
40 - tyre reviewed on December 24, 2017
Given 33% while driving a Opel Corsa (185/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 0 easy going miles
It was a big mistake buying these tyres. I wanted to buy something better for this winter, but I realized that my new rims have extra stupid rare sizes, this is why I had to chose Petlas Snowmaster. It is just November, I haven't tried in snow yet, but in 0-5 degrees on slippy roads is a disaster to drive. I am really afraid to face the winter with these tyres.
I do not recommend to anybody to buy these tyres, they are very dangerous!
38 - tyre reviewed on November 25, 2017
Have you driven on the Petlas Snow Master W651 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Petlas Snow Master W651? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Petlas Snow Master W651 >

Latest Petlas Snow Master W651 Reviews

Given 96% while driving a BMW 118d (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 14,000 average miles
Bought these because i was very happy with summer tires from the same manufacturer, and again was happily suprised by the quality of them. Before them i had continental wintercontact ts 860 and comparing them i can see no difference except the petlas tires wear far less and drive better in the snow and cold dry wether. However in the rain the continentals were a little better but not by so much to urge me to spend more money on them ever again. Great tire cant recommend them enough.
10 - tyre reviewed on April 20, 2020
Given 66% while driving a SEAT Leon FR 1.4 EcoTSI (225/45 R17 V) on mostly town for 6,000 average miles
- Made in Turkey
- Great in heavy snowy roads
- Good grip in dry conditions
- Average in pure icy and wet roads, getting understeer when pushing the limits (It may be caused by lousy suspension of my Leon FR, I can't compare in another car)
- Road noise is acceptable but not great, at 70-80 km/h there is a resonance sound. But at slower or faster speeds it goes away.
- They are more comfortable than my summer tyres (pirelli p7)

I think considering how cheap they are, the performance is acceptable. But for my next set I will definitely consider a premium class tyre.

Regards from Turkey
10 - tyre reviewed on January 16, 2019
Given 90% while driving a Renault Megane (205/55 R16 R) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Last winter I used on my Megane4 HB. Tried them on snowy/icy mountain roads and had never problem about gripping. I can prefer these tires.
13 - tyre reviewed on December 17, 2017
Given 74% while driving a SEAT Leon SC FR 1.4 TSI (225/45 R17 W) on mostly town for 8,000 average miles
Best tyre in this price range . I used these tyres on my VW Tiguan last year and it was awesome on snow and icy roads . For my Leon FR , again awesome on snow , average on dry . Even the temprature is above 7 degree of celcius , good grip on dry , about wet grip , its performans is below than average . I will definetely buy again . Wear seems good after 8000 miles .
29 - tyre reviewed on March 31, 2017
Given 73% while driving a SEAT Leon SC FR 1.4 TSI (225/45 R17 W) on mostly town for 8,000 average miles
14 - tyre reviewed on March 31, 2017
Given 43% while driving a Toyota Celica VVTi 140 (195/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
even in sub zero temperatures my crap, balding summer tyres gripped better than these in all conditions, including muddy lanes. cannot recommend at all, dread to think how bad they'll be if there actually is any snow...
cant comment on tyre wear as these wont be on the car long enough
5 - tyre reviewed on January 27, 2017
Given 60% while driving a Jaguar S Type 2.7D (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 12,000 spirited miles
Bought a Jaguar S Type with these fitted in the summer. Not amazing in the dry, unless your driving is passive, hot or cold weather. Not had a chance to try them in snow, but driving on ice is like driving an ice skate - absolutely no chance of any control. Driving anything more than careful on wet or greasy roads is risky, it's far too easy to slide and have the back end out. MPGs are awful compared to what others are getting with the same engine. Terrible tyres. I still have over 3mm of tread on all 4 tyres and I'm swapping them now for Vredestein Ultrac Satins which are classed A Wet Grip, B Fuel Efficiency - hopefully be tonnes better to drive from then on. The Petlas SnowMasters are rated C for Wet Grip and E for Fuel Efficiency.

PS: Camskill.com is the cheapest website for tyres - order them and find somewhere to fit them and you will probably find you save shed loads. For example my local garages were offering 245/40/18 Vredestein Ultrac Satins for around £130 a corner fitted. Camskill worked out £95 a tyre after delivery, and fitting 4 tyres is costing my £48 at my local garage. All in all, I'm saving £92.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 26, 2017
Given 90% while driving a Opel Astra J 1.4 turbo (215/50 R17 H) on mostly motorways for 5,000 average miles
We are using this tyres in our astra 1.4t 140hp in Ä°stanbul having a range of roads from highways to low speed bumpy streets. The car is giving perfect response in every conditions including heavy snow. Wonderful tyre for a budget product.
13 - tyre reviewed on January 8, 2017
Given 100% while driving a Ford Fiesta (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 2,000 average miles
best in snow good quality price
14 - tyre reviewed on January 14, 2016
Given 76% while driving a Subaru Forester (225/55 R17 V) on mostly motorways for 30,000 average miles
Ideal price/performance winter tyre for those with a passive driving style. Good grip in cold/snow conditions, wearability very good. No reasons to look for more expensive tyres when you do not expect top-performance
2 - tyre reviewed on November 27, 2015
Given 79% while driving a Ford Focus MK2 1.6TDCI 2008 2011 (205/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 30,000 average miles
Highly sufficient winter tyre for me. I have bouht it twice.
6 - tyre reviewed on November 14, 2015
Given 53% while driving a Alfa Romeo 156 JTS (215/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
In temperatures >10 C:
OK all round.
Good in dry snow.
Great on dry ice/black ice.
Poor in wet snow.
Horrible on wet ice.
Braking pulls to the side (depending on road surface tilt).

In temperatures 10 C>:
Too soft.
Poor lateral stability.
Poor grip.
Car becomes wobbly if emergency maneuver performed.
Very sensitive to bad wheel alignment.
Braking pulls to the side (depending on road surface tilt).
1 - tyre reviewed on January 7, 2014