Kleber Krisalp HP3

The Kleber Krisalp HP3 is a Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre replaced the Kleber Krisalp HP2.

Tyre review data from 20 tyre reviews averaging 85% over 170,268 miles driven.

The Krisalp HP3 is ranked 13th of 86 Winter Touring tyres.

2020 Winter Tyre Market Overview - 52 Tyre Braking Test - 8th of 49 tyres

The Best Winter Tyres for 2020 - 4th of 19 tyres

• Positive - The Kleber Krisalp HP3 is a well priced winter tyre with excellent snow performance and high aquaplaning resistance.
  • Negative - Limited dry performances.

2020 ADAC Winter Tyre Test - 235/55 R17 - 8th of 13 tyres

• Positive - Especially good on snow, also good in the wet.
  • Negative - Weakness on dry roads.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Kleber Krisalp HP3

Questions and Answers for the Kleber Krisalp HP3

2018-10-30 - Where is the Kleber Krisalp HP3 produced?

Kleber are a French company owned by Michelin. They have tyre production factories across Europe and even the far east, so it would be difficult to answer as different sizes can be produced in different factories. I suggest contacting Kleber with your size.

Krisalp HP3 Prices

Top 3 Kleber Krisalp HP3 Reviews

Given 94% while driving a Opel Zafira 1.6 comfort (195/65 R15 T) on mostly country roads for 3,750 average miles
So far, so good. I have driven them for ca. 6000 kms. The wear is absolutely ok, dry grip also ok, wet grip really good. Very comfortable tyre, low noise, good traction. I think it is a very good choice for a good prise, good value for many. Have not try them in snow and on icy roads, but today we had some sleety rain, and it was ok, good wet braking, handling and grip. I had Semperit Master Grip before Kléber Krisalp HP3 on my car, they were ok, but the KKHP3 is better. I warmly recommend this tyre.
62 - tyre reviewed on February 20, 2018
Given 82% while driving a Alfa Romeo 156 1,8 TS (205/55 R16 H) on mostly country roads for 3,750 average miles
Fitted for about 6000km by now. Good winter tyres, that grip very well in the wets (which suits the Danish winter well, as we rarely get snow). I have however had these in the fresh snow a few weeks back, and they do grip well and are predictable.

My only gripe with this tyre, is that they seem to have quite a ring/singing when on wet, smooth asphalt - this is mostly noticeable during acceleration, and only of the very smoothest of asphalt, but a nuisance nonetheless. This is enough for me to consider not getting these again.
51 - tyre reviewed on February 12, 2019
Given 74% while driving a Honda Civic (235/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 18,750 average miles
I have these tyres for a 3rd winter season now, driven about 30k km. The wear is good, have a lot of thread left. As a winter tyres they perform good on dry and on wet, even while driving aggressive. They are comfortable and silent almost as an ordinary summer tyre. There is one issue about sound though - when the car goes between 90 and 100 km/h, there is that strange noise like a humming or roaring. Winter performance is average, on dry snow they perform OK, the grip is there, stopping is good. On ice and on wet snow/slush they perform below average. On sheer ice there is almost zero control. Same goes on slushy snow, especially on higher speeds - when you go on 80km/h and turn right, the car still goes forward. Thank goodness no accidents happened, but there were many dangerous situations on heavy winter weather, heavy snow in highway is a terrible experience with these tyres. These tyres are perfect for light and soft winter though. In conclusion: Would not buy again, because the weather in eastern Europe is very random - sometimes heavy winter, sometimes there is almost no snow. For soft winter I would recommend this tyre.
33 - tyre reviewed on March 17, 2021
Have you driven on the Kleber Krisalp HP3 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Kleber Krisalp HP3? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Kleber Krisalp HP3 >

Latest Kleber Krisalp HP3 Reviews

Given 91% while driving a Toyota Corolla (205/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 40,000 spirited miles
Very good tyre for value. Lasted 40000 miles or 60000 km mostly motorways at 150kmh and town driving. Had chance to put on test on snow and ice at mountain road close by and have excellent feedback. Always have chain in back just in case. Lasted 2 years driving in winter and summer conditions and i will buy it again
2 - tyre reviewed on August 25, 2020
Given 91% while driving a Fiat Bravo (205/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 8,000 average miles
Never had issues. Very decent tyres for the price.
2 - tyre reviewed on June 25, 2020
Given 76% while driving a Ford Mondeo Titanium X (205/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
This was my first winter season with those tyres. They have good dry and wet grip. I haven't experienced extreme winter conditions with them yet, but there was no problem with the small amount of snow. Feedback, comfort and wear is also good. The only bad thing about this tyres is that they became pretty loud after 3 months of driving. So I'll have to think about it if I would buy them again. For average user and for this price they are pretty good tires. If the possible noise doesn't bother you, go and buy them.
4 - tyre reviewed on April 12, 2020
Given 88% while driving a Hyundai i30 CRDi (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Very good for the money
5 - tyre reviewed on March 19, 2020
Given 95% while driving a BMW 116i (195/55 R16) on for 1,500 average miles
Didn't have any stressful situations with these tires in the snow, but I have tested them in the snow and they seemed good. I did have a stressful situations in dry and wet grip and they performed great and quite good respectively. They are very quiet as far as winter tires go, can't say nothing about wear. Obviously with winter tires you don't push them to the limit too much, but for more spirited driving they will not dissapoint as long as you don't go overboard.
6 - tyre reviewed on March 1, 2020
Given 58% while driving a Toyota Corolla (225/40 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 6,000 average miles
Understeering
Almost no feedback from the road
Limited handling, unsensitive
Big tire rolling resistance, not suitable for hybrid cars
14 - tyre reviewed on December 26, 2019
Given 78% while driving a BMW 320D (205/55 R16) on mostly motorways for 15,000 average miles
Let me first say: Tyres are EXCELLENT on the snow!
I drive BMW (RWD), and I had passed through some really deep snow. My bumper was pushing snow at the front but tyres managed to push me up the hill. I'm really impressed.
They are good on all kind of snow; compacted, fresh, slush.

Dry grip is bad compared to summer tyre, but wet is good/comparable.
They are rolling quietly, but are noisy over the bumps.

There is around 5-6mm thread left, so I expect 15000 more miles until 4mm.

Definitely recommend.
20 - tyre reviewed on April 6, 2019
Ford (205/55 R16 H) on mostly country roads for 18 easy going miles
It is a third winter that I put it .... excellent in snow and ice .... very good on the wet road ... very good in the dry .. small noise ... .... chains I did not have to put yet. I live in northern Greece and the winter is medium-heavy (a few times) with temperatures (0 to -10). I am a family and driver ford focus cmax 1.6 ti vct 205-55-16 I drive to highway and provincial road ... ..I recommend ... excellent
19 - tyre reviewed on January 9, 2019
Volkswagen (205/55 R16 H) on mostly motorways for 1,500 easy going miles
Best buy winter tyre @ 2018!

Very quiet and solid tyre, perfect choice for me, an easy driver :)
Dry and wet grip looks fine, snow has not fallen yet, but i belive in reviews.
28 - tyre reviewed on November 27, 2018
Given 90% while driving a Peugeot 3008 (225/50 R17) on mostly motorways for 5,500 spirited miles
Have driven them for something close to 5500 miles now , the wear is realy good, assuming that new tire has 8 mm thread depth they now have 7mm left on them. Not a calm driver by any means, corner hard, accelerate fast (although no burnout :) ). Find them very comfy on a highway, no matter wet or dry. Have yet to hit a serious snowfall to see how they perform there, but on a thin layer of frozen snow they seem more than Ok. And the price is good too, so up until this point I`m happy with them.
26 - tyre reviewed on December 23, 2017
Given 93% while driving a Ford Focus C Max (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
I own ford cmax 115 hp 205 55 16.This winter I first put krisalp 3 .... The few days I have it on dry asphalt are all OK and no noise ..... on wet and frozen asphalt they do not I tried, but in two months I will know.
5 - tyre reviewed on October 27, 2017