Infinity Ecomax Reviews - Page 2

Given 87% while driving a Jaguar X Type 2.5 AWD SPORT (205/50 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
I got these Tyres listed as "part worn". However when i got them they still had 7.5mm on them (approx) so I snapped them up at a bargain price. These are fitted a 2.5 V6 engine vehicle & so far so good!

They felt very similar to the previous Pirelli Tyres which were very old and on the car when I bought it but still had plenty of tread so I kept them initially, it was only because they were old (cracking) that I decided to replace them. The EcoMax were picked up at a bargain price which is why I went for them but I am very pleased I did. I saw some reviews on here and elsewhere, singing their praises and now I have to agree.

You get fair performance all around, good braking, decent wet & dry grip. The ware is impressive, 5000 Miles later and they hardly look any more used than when I fitted them. They're fitted to a AWD car which is rather heavy and they deal with this very well too. they feel responsive and predictable. Not twitchy or light as you might think.

Overall I would buy more of these, a good solid jack of all trades kind of Tyre that would suit an average driver well. I do some town driving but these spend a lot of time on cruise control and I never feel unsafe with regards to road holding either in the wet or dry. If you see them at a decent price, pick some up.
10 - tyre reviewed on June 5, 2017
Skoda Suberb MkII (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 8,000 spirited miles
Had 2 on the front of my skoda superb, wearing well at 8000
Liked them so much just replaced the rears with the Sam
The only difference between these and so called premium tyres is slightly noisier, and quite firm when cold
But you have to be a spirited driver to really notice
Well worth it at the price, bought via F1aotocentre as their current best budget tyre
Amazing value at a third of the price of the standard fit
6 - tyre reviewed on December 31, 2016
Given 77% while driving a Jaguar S Type 2.7D (245/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
I had these fitted to the rear of my S-Type Jaguar 2.7d XS when my Perelli's needed replacing. I saw reviews for these tyres and for the price £55 each fully fitted I thought 'what the heck. For the money, worth a punt!' Well I have now completed 1000 miles of mixed driving, including 500 of motorway. When fitted I wasn't too sure whether to give the car its head not knowing how the tyres would behave. Well I gentle worked up the courage over a few days to see where the limit was. I still have not found it. Last week on a German motorway in torrential rain I was driving at 90mph with full confidence with massive rooster tails coming off the rear. They must be shifting vast amounts of water! Therefore, I can truely say in the UK at 70mph these tyres would be very safe to use on my car. So when the fronts need replacing I shall definitely be purchasing another set. As for comfort, have only noticed a slight increase in road noise level but nothing to worry about. Conversations are easy even at 90mph. So far I am very pleased and will report back midlife when I have a few more miles on them.
1 - tyre reviewed on December 24, 2016
Given 80% while driving a MG ZT T (190) (235/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
I´ve got 4 of these on my MG ZTT 190 and they are great. Silent and grippy... I´ve had to do a full emergency break at one time from 90km/h and they sure did handle the awesome breaking power of the MG ZTT.

133 - tyre reviewed on June 28, 2016
Given 78% while driving a Skoda Superb MKII CR170 Manual (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 1,500 average miles
Fantastic budget tyres, fitted to the fronts. They're excellent in the wet and the dry, are progressive and quiet, much quieter in fact than the Vredestein they've replaced. At 100 miles in, I had to do an emergency stop in the wet on the M25 from 60mph and there were no dramas. Recommended unreservedly.
2 - tyre reviewed on June 24, 2016
Given 81% while driving a Peugeot 3008 (235/45 R18) on mostly town for 1,000 easy going miles
I bought these to fit on the front of a peugeot 3008 diesel God only knows why they fit a 98Y rated tyre. This restricts the tyres available either top brands or budget nothing in between. I am impreßsed with the road handling and response from them better than the Michelins that I took off. Done 1000 miles can afford 2 sets for the price of one. Incidentally only got 12000 miles form the Michelins will buy a set for the back and recommend these as a good buy.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 23, 2016
Given 83% while driving a Mercedes Benz C220 CDI Sports (225/35 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 100,000 average miles
I am now on my 4th pair of rears and 2nd pair of fronts on my 2013 C220 AMG+ and I have no intention of buying anything else. Not noticed a significant difference between these and the Continental tyres fitted when the car was new. I drive 40,000 miles per year, mainly on motorways and I am getting around 20,000 miles out of a rear set and 40,000 miles out of a front set. I tried them as buying 6 tyres a year is expensive and I figured at £225 for the set fitted these were worth a shot. Very pleased and have now done nearly 100,000 miles on Infinity Ecomax tyres without any problems. Even on wet greasy roundabouts the car is predicatable and only when the tyres get fairly worn do I see any stability/traction control intervention on wet roads - and then it is only pulling away hard from T junctions etc
4 - tyre reviewed on March 9, 2016
Given 73% while driving a Alfa Romeo (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 14,000 average miles
I had 4 of these on my Alfa 159 1.9 diesel 20 months ago. I've just ordered 2 new fronts. Quite happy with wet and dry grip. The wear is not too good and they're a bit noisy. I do less than 10,000 miles a year as I have a firms van. At £65 each though (Asda) I can't grumble. 👍
0 - tyre reviewed on December 14, 2015
Given 83% while driving a Peugeot 407Hdi (235/45 R18 W) on mostly town for 1,000 average miles
I'm really happy with the grip on these tyres, bought 4 new ones, been driving them for a while now, today was raining and I was deliberately breaking hard on wet road and no skidding at all. They are quiter than my last ones Continental Sportcontact 3
For the price range class, they are defenitely good buy.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 30, 2015
Given 91% while driving a BMW E46 330cd (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 7,500 spirited miles
Very impressed. Budget tyre but far better than wanli etc . They don't feather / loose shape on edges and So remain quiet. Grip is good in all weather. For cost can't complain . Oil BMW tech
2 - tyre reviewed on February 15, 2015
Given 69% while driving a Ford mondeo (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 200 average miles
Bought these to replace some wanli tyres on the rear of the car. The b wet grip rating gave me the idea of these as the wanli tyres were going off after 24k miles and were on tread limits. Noise levels have dropped since fitting these and responsiveness in the wet has improved. Hard compound means they are a bit tough on low profiles but all in all a good budget tyre for the money.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 25, 2014
Given 53% while driving a Mercedes Benz C63 AMG (255/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
My AMG back on budgets even after "autogrip" debacle. Happy enough after 3000 miles, do what they say on the can. Not convinced they will provide progressive slip but hey I drive on the queen's highway and do not expect to find out.
If i am nitpicking an elk type swerve at 150k/h gets a bit of a weave on which I guess to be the blocks moving across the carcass rather than worn out suspension components but then i am not a professional test driver so who knows. Controllable and easily avoided (by driving within the law).
10* for being unbelievably cheap how about barely more than a third of continentals!
and looking to last at least as long.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 31, 2014