Maxxis All Season AP2

The Maxxis All Season AP2 is a Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre has been replaced by the Maxxis Premitra All Season AP3.

Tyre review data from 20 tyre reviews averaging 77% over 161,050 miles driven.

The All Season AP2 is ranked 17th of 54 All Season Touring tyres.

2018 27 All Season Tyre Shootout - 17th of 27 tyres

2018 ADAC All Season Tyre Test - 6th of 11 tyres

• Positive - None mentioned.
  • Negative - Weak in the snow and the dry.

2015 AZ All Season Tyre Test - 8th of 8 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Maxxis All Season AP2
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Maxxis All Season AP2. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

All Season AP2 Prices

Top 3 Maxxis All Season AP2 Reviews

Given 91% while driving a Fiat 500 Abarth (205/40 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 3,000 spirited miles
we bought these for our Abarth , as we were sick of changing from summer to winter tyres, and decided to compromise. we chose these as we have had good experience of maxxis Z1s in the summer... these also came 4th in a recent autoexpress test for all season tyres, I think they beat the pirelli and the bridgestone! ... anyway, experiences: we live in cumbria, so the last 2 months have just been RAIN. we have driven in some really awful flooded conditions, and these are the BEST tyres I have ever run in the wet. The resistance to aquaplaning is astonishing! the grip and confidence they give in the wet is first class. And we have a "proper" speed rating of V compaired to some winter tyres..... if you want a wet weather tyre, I cannot recomend these enough! I will write more reviews as the year goes on, one for snow/winter conditions, and one for summer/hot conditions. very happy so far.
164 - tyre reviewed on December 21, 2015
Given 75% while driving a SEAT Altea Freetrack (225/50 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
I go to the Alps in the winter twice each year. This January I arrived during the first big snowfall for a few weeks and drove on the motorway behind snow ploughs and then when I got to my junction, drove 20km up and over the pass to the place I was staying. The tyres exceeded expectation and easily as good as previous full winter tyres I have had before. A week later in a blizzard, I drove to Geneva airport and back, an hour each way, and when driving over the same pass in heavy snow, the locals were stopping and some were putting on chains. I had to go stop start up the hill on freshly snow covered roads and the tyres provided every confidence as they did going down the other side of the pass

I have now driven back and done over 2000 miles. They have been great in snow and also in the very wet condition in the past few weeks in the UK. They are not noticeably noisy, perhaps 5% less efficient than my last summer tyres, and appear very stable. I expect them on the evidence of a few warmer days before going to the Alps that they may be slightly less precise in warmer weather, but the trade off is worthwhile, given the stability they have showed in difficult driving condition

Regardless as to how good the tyres are, any tyre will have a limit on snow, so even though I recommend these tyres, you still need to drive with caution, but they provide the edge required when encountering snow and wet in winter conditions
33 - tyre reviewed on February 7, 2017
Peugeot (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 11,000 easy going miles
Very much impressed..
This tire is as good on dry wet snow and ice....... But..... Doesn't last long....
I guess this is the price for security
30 - tyre reviewed on September 22, 2019
Have you driven on the Maxxis All Season AP2 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Maxxis All Season AP2? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Maxxis All Season AP2 >

Latest Maxxis All Season AP2 Reviews

Given 88% while driving a Skoda (185/60 R15) on a combination of roads for 20 easy going miles
I have been very happy with the Maxxis AP2 all season tyre; in the English midlands, which suffers from minimal snow falls. Usually I have no problem in the snow on the roads; this year I was disappointed with their performance once on a few inches of newly-fallen snow in Macclesfield over wheich no other vehicles had driven. In normal cold/wet weather they perform well, and with a good tyre life. I am considering the newer version Maxxis AP3 whe I change the tyres on a newer car in the autumn.
2 - tyre reviewed on May 31, 2021
Given 77% while driving a Vauxhall Astra (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
the best all year round tyre I've used for the money. You also start with 9mm of tread from new, bonus. Tyre size were 225/50 17's. So a fairly wide tyre for winter use, but with the AP2's on over the winter months I managed to get where I needed to go, considering I was also driving an auto. Tested them on snow & ice, they excel within slush type conditions too. I'd certainly buy them again.
1 - tyre reviewed on March 1, 2021
Given 87% while driving a Honda Jazz (175/65 R15) on a combination of roads for 20 average miles
Good value and excellent warranty. Trustworthy on snow and ice. Wear can be a bit better but for the price, can't argue.
2 - tyre reviewed on December 4, 2020
Given 38% while driving a Renault Megane (185/60 R15) on a combination of roads for 12,000 average miles
I bought my used car with four of these tires already fitted and used for a year. The dry grip is good as long as the tires don't get too hot. They are bad in the wet: hydroplaning, understeer, long braking distances and it gets worse as the tires age. The wet and dry lateral grip is decent but they give-up brutally without any warning. I managed to lose 2mm of thread in 300km of mountain roads in the summer: you actually feel the steering getting mushy after a couple of corners, and turning or braking feels like smearing butter on a toast. The rubber seems very soft when the tires are hot, you can dent it with your nail like racing slicks, and it looks slightly cracked after only 2 years, this probably explains the terrible wet grip... Surprisingly, they are noisy above 150km/h at 5°C, but they make the same level of noise below 80km/h at 35°C. Two of them failed: three flat spots on the front right and missing chunks of rubber on the front left after a huge/scary skid in a corner. I got both replaced by "premium" tires soon after that. I still have two of those tires on the car. I don't wanna waste 2 yo tires with 6mm of thread, but they don't feel very safe in the wet and I have serious doubts on their snow performance. The only good point is that you get good fuel economy by driving carefully enough not to upset the tires. We didn't have much snow in 2019-2020 so it's not a fair test, but it was reasonable over less than 1cm of fresh snow and surprizingly good on ice, both tested at a grandma's pace.
1 - tyre reviewed on October 25, 2020
Given 84% while driving a Hyundai ix35 (225/60 R17 H) on a combination of roads for 35,000 average miles
These tyres have now been on my car for 3 years! Great road holding capabilities, work well in the rain and never felt like they would aquaplane. In wintry conditions, the stuck to fresh and compacted snow well, and dealt with slush and slippery roads with ease. They grip OK when icy too, though not at any great speed. I think the only issue I had is with braking distances in the summer, but it just means braking earlier and leaving a bigger gap. Fuel economy is probably down 1.5 mpg, but that is to be expected. Wear has been very good for such a budget tyre! 35,000 miles with still 2.6mm left!!
5 - tyre reviewed on December 2, 2019
Given 82% while driving a Peugeot 3008 (225/50 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
Stick like s##t to a blanket in the snow,awesome grip. Use them on switchable 4 wheel drive so only switch traction on rear for snow. Done over 20000 miles on these over 2 years and still have plenty of tread. Very even wearing too. Brill in the wet especially at higher speeds on motorway. Defo buy again. Looking at getting a pair for the front. Vehicle is quite heavy too just short of 2 tones. 2.0 turbo deisel fwd with switchable 4wd battery rear wheel drive called grip control. Been up snow bedded inclines that only land rovers have attempted No problem with these beauties on.
4 - tyre reviewed on September 5, 2019
Given 94% while driving a Skoda (185/60 R15) on a combination of roads for 10 easy going miles
The mild winter in the UK 2018-2019 has not given me the opportunity to use the tyres in snow or ice; however, it performs well in all conditions, and suits my easy going driving style, where the main objective is to maintain the 55 mpg I hope for in this 6 year old car. I chose Maxxis after reading reviews here, and look forward to continued success with them.
3 - tyre reviewed on July 11, 2019
Given 97% while driving a Mazda MX5 (195/50 R16) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
They never let me down
7 - tyre reviewed on January 13, 2019
Given 76% while driving a Renault Megane (185/55 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
I bought these for my Renault Migraine that i do 20k a year in believe it or not! some motorway driving,plus normal urban stuff. It snowed heavily for the first time this year down my way,had to drive from Surrey to Slough....OMG! The level of grip in the snow was truly outstanding!!! You'll always going to have some kinda compromise using a softer compound rubber,especially when the temperature heads up and over 10 degrees....my Renault is no racing car but there is something satisfying about driving around people stuck on a incline in 30k cars with the wrong tyres on lol
These tyres also feel very good in the wet and awesome in slush etc.....what a bargin
18 - tyre reviewed on December 13, 2017
Given 39% while driving a Peugeot 207 sw (185/65 R15) on mostly town for 10,000 average miles
nowhere near as good a previous nokian weatherproofs.useful life about 10000 miles,good in heavy rain but poor in drzzle,not good in snow and ice.
8 - tyre reviewed on December 12, 2017
Given 77% while driving a Honda Accord Euro (205/50 R16) on mostly country roads for 6,000 spirited miles
Bought these tyres almost a year ago and after putting some miles on them I thought I'd share my two cents. I wanted a good set of all season tyres on the car after being fed up with cheap brands like Triangle. It wasn't easy to find a premium brand for my size wheels and the Maxxis were pretty much the best I could find after doing my research. They may not be a premium brand but they're still worlds away from the Triangles I had on before. For anyone reading this who already has a cheap banded tyre on their car and is thinking of going to these, I should warn you that they feel very different at first and take some getting used to. In the dry they don't feel as sticky straight away but once you wear them in, they start to give you a lot more confidence. In the wet they offer lots of grip, even compared to the Dunlops I had on my last car (and that was a 4x4). I also had a brief opportunity to test them on the snow one day during winter and they were simply amazing. On a road where I past 3 stranded cars including a jeep, my two wheel drive honda never even spun the wheels and I put that purely down to the tyres. Overall the tyres have great grip in all weather conditions. After roughly 6000 miles of hard driving they seem to be holding up very well also. If I had any complaint, it's that they don't offer the best feedback on the road, but this is a small price to pay for a great all round tyre. I will definitely be buying Maxxis again, especially since they're great value for money.
17 - tyre reviewed on May 25, 2017
Citroën (185/65 R15) on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
mounted on a citroen picasso, good in the wet, and provide security in cold days with hail not give scares. Not expensive
13 - tyre reviewed on April 26, 2016