Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun Reviews - Page 4

Given 86% while driving a Ford Mondeo 130 TDCi Zetec (205/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
Good tires for the money, had them on a Mondeo 2.0 TDCi with 140 PS. I used the 205/50/17 93W XL.
Used them 4 summers in Eastern-Europe, no problem at all. They could still go another summer :)
0 - tyre reviewed on June 30, 2016
Given 79% while driving a Vauxhall (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 140,000 spirited miles
I drive an 08 vectra too 150 hp SRI. The grip of these tyres were good in all weather conditions. But had to lower the pressures front and back as the car was bouncing off every bump in the road. From 32 F & 30 R down to 27 F & 24 R. Just so the car would have the same feeling that I would have had from other tyres GY.F1s. I found that they would change direction on every change of road surface or white lines. And would follow the ruttes. But the general grip was good. The were wasn't very good.
11000 on the fronts and they done. 14000 on the rears so far and still have 50% left. Just put Hankook V12,evo2s. Running them at 32Psi and the car is running true and smother similar to the GY. F1. A2s enjoying the way it feels again.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 28, 2016
Mercedes Benz CLK 280 (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 22 spirited miles
These tyres are a a good solid buy. Good road holding in dry and wet with very good wear rate.
Comfortable and reasonably quiet. I had no qualms whatsoever in driving quickly under any whether conditions. Unfortunatley the price on this tyre has increased dramatically since I bought mine
1 - tyre reviewed on May 19, 2016
Given 53% while driving a BMW 318is (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
Awful tyre , even driven normally without going crazy you get definetly crazy with its wear did not even last 7,000 km (4300 miles ) on the rear (bmw e36) , good price for a set but absolutely not worth it , cant afford change tyres every other month , other than that it has pretty good grip in wet and dry .
0 - tyre reviewed on May 12, 2016
Given 83% while driving a Kia Motors (215/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
Good Tyre with affordable price range. Good overall performance.
3 - tyre reviewed on April 26, 2016
Given 83% while driving a Suzuki swift sport (205/40 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 3,000 spirited miles
Had these on my slightly modified Suzuki Swift Sport for about 3 or 4 months and I have to say I'm very pleased so far 😊. I'm running BC coilovers and wider rims with a slighty wider offset to give a wider track.
6 - tyre reviewed on April 23, 2016
Given 76% while driving a Volkswagen Golf 1.9 Tdi (225/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 9,000 spirited miles
My first real new tyre that I drove for a long time. Overall I was happy with it :)
1 - tyre reviewed on March 6, 2016
Given 88% while driving a Vauxhall (195/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 100 spirited miles
Great tyres very good grip and comfortable to drive
2 - tyre reviewed on January 31, 2016
Given 81% while driving a Peugeot 208 1.6 vti (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Coming from Bridgestone re002, ze914 is better in most aspects except in the dry and steering response as it is not a performance tire. It does slip a little bit on hard bends. It's been 16,000km in the front and the wear looks good, I think they really last but I found them chipped off a little may be due to soft compound. Good all rounder tire but not for extreme usage. Great tire for money!
1 - tyre reviewed on December 28, 2015
Given 80% while driving a Honda Jazz (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 12,000 spirited miles
These are amongst the very best Tyres I have ever used generally.
They grip in the dry as well or better than any I have had, they are similarly good in the wet. They are even not bad, for a summer tyre, in the snow! My only small grip is they are sensitive to dfferent road surfaces and will sometimes pull one way or the other making it feel like pressures are uneven- a sort of tramlining effect. On the motorway they are safe and secure but small adjustments need to be made unlike a few alternatives I have had. I do have a small question mark over breaking grip - small as the car always stops safely even in emergency - but a few times I have been surprised to hear the ABS kick in. Considering the price I would not complain and even if the price was more I would still happily have them over the old Continental PC2 and maybe even the new PC5 - they seem tighter and crisper than the Bridgestone Turanza ER 300 - just to mention 2 good tyres I have owned. My car is dubbed an old man's car but if I choose it can be far from that as its very responsive with these tyres
1 - tyre reviewed on December 17, 2015
Given 49% while driving a Citroën C5 Estate (215/55 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Nice grip, specially in dry roads... Very good driving at windy mountain roads, specially for my c5 sw, which is long and heavy, but automatic and reprogrammed ecu up to 170 hp and very high torque.
Unfortunately they were very loud and the worse is that in the front, they lasted less than 15.000 KMS and in the rear I doubt to achieve 20.000 KMS.

I have been using Avon zv5 in my previous car, a Xantia activa reprogrammed to 145 hp, and definitely I will go back to them, those are really good tyres for the money paid, incredible grip at dry and wet and very long lasting (40.000 KMS) ...

Won't buy this Falken again... I can't afford to change tyres every 6 months... Too much! Bye bye, Falken!
0 - tyre reviewed on December 17, 2015
Given 97% while driving a Ford Fiesta Zetec S (205/40 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 14,000 spirited miles
Great tyre at a fantastic price! I drive all over Scotland and in North-East England and these tyres have NEVER let me down. I am a very enthusiastic driver and enjoy driving hard but these tyres are just so good at speed! very predictable in all conditions, fantastic very wet weather performance and progressive in the winter (obviously winter tyres are better for this however they are better than all other summer tyres I have owned!). They can be a bit prone to wheel spin at roundabouts if you have to keen a right foot however they are always controlled and never make you doubt their supreme grip. Best tyre I have ever used under £100/tyre and I would highly recommend.
4 - tyre reviewed on November 23, 2015