Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun Reviews - Page 3

Given 100% while driving a Volkswagen Golf (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 0 miles
Excelent grip. It change the car
10 - tyre reviewed on August 29, 2017
Given 77% while driving a Mercedes Benz C180 (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 7,500 easy going miles
Bought these tyres to replace my Nokian Line (see my review in the Nokian Line page) on my Mercedes C180. I had to change from the Nokian because there is no more dealership in my country, Singapore. Else, I would have just carry on with the Nokian.

I bought these tyres after seeing the good reviews on here as well as the reasonable price offered by local dealers. In Singapore, it is summer all year with plenty of rain. After putting about 12000km on these tyres on mainly town driving, I find that it has excellent dry grip and has low rolling resistence (good for people who likes to take pedal off and glide their cars). However, the wet grip is not exactly convincing. On wet smooth surface, such as metal drain covers or smooth cement floors used in carparks, these tyres got ZERO grip. Once you step on the brakes on such surface, the car's ABS kicks in and the car skids forward. You can only pray that it stops.

On normal wet surface, most time the grip is pretty good. But there was an instance when i jammed my brake (and i usually keep my distance), my car was initially braking ok but suddenly, it seem to lose grip and started skidding forward. The final moments before the car stopped i thought i was going to collide with the car in front. So for me these tyres are simply too unconvincing. It doesnt give me the feeling that i will be entirely safe on wet surface and i will not buy these tyres again.
54 - tyre reviewed on August 17, 2017
BMW (265/35 R18) on mostly motorways for 9,000 spirited miles
A pretty standard tyre but shocked at the wear rate on these.
Nothing to complain about and nothing outstanding about them either did the job.
These are in no way a value option. Fitted these all round to my e39 530D in October 2015 before the MOT. By the beginning of March the rears were down to were 3mm after only 8k. The driving was mostly spirited motorway.

Was shocked when it was pointed out to me during a service.

Got rid of the rears a month later and didn't want to keep the fronts. Replaced with nexen nfera su1 all around which are much better tyres and even known to be soft but still did 13k on the rears.
10 - tyre reviewed on July 4, 2017
Given 69% while driving a Mitsubishi Proton Saga FLX (185/55 R15) on mostly town for 10,000 easy going miles
Very noisy tyre...
15 - tyre reviewed on June 21, 2017
Given 84% while driving a Honda Civic Type R (225/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 12,000 average miles
Had these fitted June 2016 by recommendation of my local fitter. I was a bit iffy with the word ecorun on them but he was spot on with his recommendation, the wet grip is far superior to the Toyo Proxie T1Rs i had on the front of my Civic. Roundabouts in the wet for the last 12 months have been so satisfying and less eventful. Even when i hit vtec pulling on to the bypass in 2nd or 3rd in the wet every tyre ive tried all lose traction but these Falkens dont. The walls are quite soft and you can feel it in hard cornering but does make the ride more comfortable as my suspension is solid. Managed 12k miles out them in 12 months, I am currently less than 1mm away from the limiter bumps and they still feel safe in the wet. Will be replacing like for like next week as i dont see me getting any better performance for price. £150 fitted, bargain! Highly recommended
8 - tyre reviewed on June 9, 2017
Given 87% while driving a Honda Accord iVtec Type S saloon (195/65 R15) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Replaced 2 Bridgestone front tyres with the Falken 914 Ecorun, and I am very impressed, they are every bit as good. The grip in the dry is absolutely perfect, as are many tyres. However the wet grip has really impressed me. I tend to drive a little bit enthusiastically, and the Accord has 155 hp so it's not a total slouch, and I have never had a problem with these tyres. I have tested them in the wet on a quiet road nearby that has a new smooth tarmac surface, and they were faultless. I found it very difficult to get a skid doing emergency stops, only the ABS would activate on extreme braking. Also tried throwing it around roundabouts and turns with plenty of steering lock but got none of that graunching or slipping that you would sometimes get, and even got with the previous Bridgestones. At nearly half the price of premium brands, I would highly recommend these tyres, but mostly on performance, not price. I read a lot of reviews before buying these tyres, and the positive reports are accurate, at least for my size and type of vehicle / tyre. Buy with confidence!
2 - tyre reviewed on May 30, 2017
Given 77% while driving a Honda Civic Type R (205/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Had a pair of these fitted to the front of my EP3 type R for 18 months now. Bought for £70 each fitted and have been through 2 British summers. Have covered about 15'000 miles and they still have about 2.5mm remaining. That's pretty good as I use the car for a daily driver and don't exactly hang about. On a different car id estimate you could get 20-30'000 miles out of a set of these. Dry grip seems on par with the Avon ZZ5's i had on the front previously but I remember the Avons being slightly more progressive - had better feel when cornering fast. Cant comment for wet grip as i tend to drive differently being a biker etc. Overall the Falken is not bad value tyre for the money and I would consider buying again.
19 - tyre reviewed on November 16, 2016
Given 80% while driving a Vauxhall vectra c 1.6 i (215/55 R16 V) on mostly town for 2,299 average miles
certainly as good as my previous Good year Ultra Grip Performance set of tyres in terms of comfort , dry grip and wet grip. Wear is good as in 2299 miles they have still 7.1 mm on them . No need to pay extra money for the same performance.
11 - tyre reviewed on November 1, 2016
Given 70% while driving a (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
Very good value, good dry and wet grip, can really feel low tire rolling resistant and bit fuel saving. The only bad thing is lough tire noise while driving on crude surface road
15 - tyre reviewed on September 26, 2016
Honda (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
Got them to replace khumo's that had 2mm left. The difference is night and day so much better. Grip is excellent dry and wet . very quiet and tbe turn in is sharp.for he money you'll struggle to get better.
15 - tyre reviewed on August 27, 2016
Given 100% while driving a Opel zafira 1.8 140 mont. 2008 (205/55 R16 V) on mostly town for 400 spirited miles
fantastic tire !!!
7 - tyre reviewed on July 30, 2016
Given 94% while driving a Opel Astra 1.4 (205/55 R16 V) on mostly town for 100 spirited miles
The best tires where i ever have !!! Excellent in all drivinig contiontions !!
6 - tyre reviewed on July 22, 2016