Jinyu YU63

Jinyu YU63 Reviews (newest first) - Page 2

Given 75% while driving a Lexus GS300 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 100 spirited miles
But these to replace some Nankang AS-2s and very pleased with the tyre so far. grips really well in wet or dry really gives the confidence to sling the car into corners would definitely recommend and also purchase again!
1 - tyre reviewed on May 13, 2019
Given 93% while driving a Ford Mondeo 1.6 TDCi (225/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 4 spirited miles
Really impressed by these tyres, have put four new ones on my Mondeo and can't fault them.
7 - tyre reviewed on April 18, 2019
Given 59% while driving a BMW 218d Active Tourer (245/35 R18 W) on for 0 spirited miles
BMW 1 series m sport coupe doesn't like them on the rear. They let go too easily on a roundabout in the dry (cold). In the wet I haven't even tried to find the limit due to dry issues. Front seems quite good though.
5 - tyre reviewed on March 21, 2019
Given 90% while driving a Jaguar xf premium luxury (225/45 R18 W) on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
I have Jinyu SportPro YU63 100Y XL 245/45/R18 fitted to my Jag XF (3 ltr D (2010) No noticable wear since having them fitted in Aug 2018 and have done 5k to date. Have done some high speed motorway trips and not noticed any issues. My last set of tyres were Dunlop SP's which cost twice as much. Performance wise I'm more than happy and would recommend to anyone looking for a mid range/budget tyre. Best price ( tyre only) at Feb 2019, £ 58 with TyreLeader
1 - tyre reviewed on March 16, 2019
Given 37% while driving a BMW X5 E53 3.0d (225/55 R21) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
saw some excellent reviews for 4x4 , had the car in the garage twice since i had these... thought there was something wrong as the ride so was so uncomfortable and noisy. just hoping the wear isnt good as I cant wait to get rid of them !!
18 - tyre reviewed on December 21, 2018
Given 90% while driving a Volkswagen Transporter (255/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
First of all these tyres are on a VW Transporter van with the sportline wheels. There is alot of contact patch on the road so I was happy to move from the terrible bidget tyres it had fitted and tried these. Well I'm glad I did, they are cheap and really good! I actually reccomend the YU63 to friends but I havent considered fitting them to my sports car! We run this van fairly heavy and I drive it quickly. There is plenty of grip in the wet and dry infact I have alot of confidence in it! I can force it to understeer (it is a van) but I've never had overstear and I have tried. The tyres wear evenly and the millage is good. I've now had two complete sets fitted as I only buy these now.
3 - tyre reviewed on December 18, 2018
Given 46% while driving a Audi A3 2.0T Sporkback (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Ok in the dry, quite poor in the damp/wet.
Coming off the car(where on when I bought it) for something better.
6 - tyre reviewed on December 16, 2018
Given 59% while driving a Ford Focus mk2 (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
These tyres were fitted all round on my 2.0 TDCI Focus that I bought to commute with. Initial impression was they really shouldnt be fitted to the front of the car! Handling was poor into the bends and i had to brake harder and longer than I would expect to safely take corners and even roundabouts. I took them off the front even though they were pretty new and replaced them with Goodyear EffiecientGrip Performance tyres - night and day difference. Anyhow I kept them on the rear for another 5000 miles before one of them deformed and blew up on the motorway. I guess they are ok for someone who drives a small lightweight car and doesnt drive them quick. They do seem to last a long while wear wise, but I wont be having any more of these as I dont class them as safe. At £35 a corner its not worth your life!
4 - tyre reviewed on July 16, 2018
Given 90% while driving a Maserati Granturismo 4.7 mc shift (295/35 R20 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Put these on a 440bhp Maserati, i got them at a extra discounted price (£40 each brand new) hence I thought I’d give them a go and to my shock I actually rate them highly, removed bridgestones from the back and these give more grip, I was amazed.

Dry grip- perfect
Wet grip- well these cars are a bit of a handful at the best of times, but it was as good as any other tyres iv had on it

I was so impressed I went back and replaced the continentals I had on the front, so I now have 4 jinyu yu63 on and very happy
18 - tyre reviewed on April 25, 2018
Given 89% while driving a Alfa Romeo Giulietta (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 20,000 spirited miles
I've had Bridgestone, Pirrelli, Goodyear and other top brands and none were a patch on these Jinyu YU63's. They have now saved my life twice. The first when a low loader went into the central reservation in front of me and I managed to brake and swerve to avoid. The second when I went round a bend and met a polish HGV head on and stopped before we hit, 56-0 in under 2 seconds on a damp road. If you find that hard to believe watch retrans poland on youtube. I wont have any other tyre fitted now. Bet my life on these tyres and won. They last much longer than other brands and I get excellent fuel economy. Cannot rate highly enough.
16 - tyre reviewed on February 12, 2018