Landsail LS288 Reviews - Page 2

Given 68% while driving a Fiat 500 (195/45 R16) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
I've put a set of 4 new of these after my factory fitted Goodyears EfficientGrip tyres. As a budget tyres I was expecting them to be much less grippy then my previous premium brand tyres but they aren't at all. They seem to have similar grip levels both dry and wet (they seem obviously more grippy then the Goodyears but they are new and my old tyres were seriously bald. Almost down to the canvas), they are definitely quieter and more comfy over road imperfections then Goodyears but the side wall is much more balloony and the car seems to have more body roll with these on. I think the side to side grip is better but breaking performance is a bit worse?

All in all they have exceeded my expectations by far and unless you are thinking about fitting them to a performance car, I don't think you can beat them at this price range (I've paid £50 fitted and balanced per tyre).

Excellent budget tyres.
72 - tyre reviewed on May 4, 2016
Given 81% while driving a Audi Q7 (295/35 R21) on mostly motorways for 0 average miles
My previous Pirelli only last for less tan 20K km. It was quite costly to change all tyres every 10 months. A workshop recommend Landsail for half of the price of Pirelli. I decided to have a try. Anyway, it will.be for only 10 months. Surprisingly, the performance and comfort of the tyre are excellent. No regret at all.
28 - tyre reviewed on March 9, 2016
Given 53% while driving a Jaguar S type 3.0 (225/55 R16 R) on mostly motorways for 5,000 spirited miles
These tyres have weak side walls causing the car to sway from side to side at speeds above 55 mph, my car an S Type Jag has been checked over by a Jag garage and they say there is nothing wrong with the car and it must be the tyres.
Have sent e-mails and phoned and been told that some one will contact me
TWO WEEKS ON AND STILL WAITING FOR THAT PHONE CALL OR E-MAIL
11 - tyre reviewed on February 15, 2016
Given 37% while driving a Ford Focus (205/55 R16) on mostly country roads for 1,000 average miles
Not a great tyre, very little grip and feedback in the wet, they were recommended to me to replace Michelin's and the Michelin's had far superior grip and feedback with 1.6mm tread than the brand new Landsails did, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone, there is obviously a much bigger profit margins for garage owners who sell these compared to premium tyres, hence why they are 'recommended' I had them taken off and replaced with Continental Premium Contacts and the difference is night and day, a costly mistake for me but I now have confidence in my tyres once again
7 - tyre reviewed on February 1, 2016
Given 81% while driving a Renault Megane Sports Tourer (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
I've been using these tyres for the last 3 years after they were recommended to me by my local tyre supplier.
The first set lasted 14000 miles on my Focus estate and were immediately replaced with the same tyres.
When I bought my Megane it needed new tyres and I got a set of these again as I like the way they handle in both wet and dry. Wet grip is surprisingly good if you drive properly (slow in, fast out of corners and keep a positive throttle through bends).
Grip does tail off noticeably when you get down to about 3mm of tread which shows as a slight lack of composure when being pushed hard.
In short these are a very good tyre, not just for the price but also compared to more expensive alternatives.
2 - tyre reviewed on January 13, 2016
Given 85% while driving a Renault Megane (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
These tyres are great for the price. They feel very solid in the wet, which was what I was after. They are not noisy, the dry grip is great and braking seems to be fine.I'd definitely recommend these to anyone after a budget tyre that can perform well for spirited driving in all weathers.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 22, 2015
Given 76% while driving a Audi A4 1.9 TDI (205/55 R16 W) on mostly motorways for 0 average miles
I used to buy Bridgestone and Pirreli tyres. A local garage who sells and fits to all makes of cars swears by them. So rightly done, I gave them them a go! Put two new ones on the front of my Audi A4, hence front wheel drive. I am very impressed with these, very good grip all around, but most of all very quite when driving. You feel as though you are cruising on air-suspension. Whilst I was having my tyres fitted, another gentleman was paying for his 4 new ones on an £85,000 Range Rover.!!!
4 - tyre reviewed on February 9, 2015
Given 94% while driving a Ford Mondeo 130 TDCi Zetec (205/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
These are by far the best budget tyres i`ve had on a car,and they`re better than a lot of the dearer tyres on the market.They are quiet at any speed,the grip in the the dry is really good and so is the wet grip with plenty of feel.Well impressed for £43 each fitted and balanced,I would definately have them again.
2 - tyre reviewed on December 21, 2014
Given 86% while driving a Renault Scenic (205/60 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
2 of these tyres are fitted on the front of a car i recently purchased they look almost brand new & ive found them excellent , grip in the dry is very good , wet grip is impressive too.
since i tow a caravan i replaced the 2 rear ones (which were just legal)
with 2 infinity Ecosis XL(extra load) & they give a very good feel too
ive found these chinese tyres are really excellent value for money & do fully recommend them .
1 - tyre reviewed on December 19, 2014
Given 56% while driving a Volkswagen Golf GTI Ed 30 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Ok in the dry. A hint of moisture and they're hopeless! Not too noisy. Wears quite quickly. Comfortable, sidewalls soft. Wet breaking poor. Avoid.
1 - tyre reviewed on December 3, 2014
Given 84% while driving a BMW 328i (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 3,000 spirited miles
Bought a bmw 328i this year with these fitted. I've done a couple of track days as well as spirited road driving, for the price wet and dry grip is good and wear rate very good. Never heard of them before but will buy again, well on par with many main stream tyres.
1 - tyre reviewed on July 29, 2014
Given 77% while driving a Kia Motors (205/45 R16) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
Bought two of them may last year for my kia rio. Tey were recommended by the garage owner. Well I trusted him and paid 50 quid a corner. Fitted on the front. I was absolutely positivity surprised. It is really first Chinese tyre that actually works. Few months after replaced other two on the back with landsails. With 4 of them fitted I can tell you that the car was behaving very well on dry and wet as well. There is a space for improvement in wet and cornering but you have to drive like lunatic to provoke tyre to missbehave. They worn even and after 10kmiles there was no significant wear on the back, slightly older front circa 15kmiles was half way through. Think I can get 25 kmiles from the front ones and 35kmiles from the back ones.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 15, 2014