Vredestein Ultrac Vorti

The Vredestein Ultrac Vorti is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre replaced the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta and this tyre has been replaced by the Vredestein Ultrac Vorti Plus.

Tyre review data from 106 tyre reviews averaging 88% over 916,698 miles driven.

The Ultrac Vorti is ranked 6th of 63 Summer Max Performance tyres.

2021 Auto Bild 19 inch Summer Tyre Test - 5th of 15 tyres

• Positive - A well balanced tyre with precise handling qualities on wet roads, stable cornering, short dry braking distances, good value for money.
  • Negative - High rolling resistance.
  • Overall - Recommended.

2020 Auto Bild Summer Tyre Test - 4th of 20 tyres

• Positive - Good grip and excellent handling in the dry and wet, precise steering, good aquaplaning resistance, well priced.
  • Negative - High rolling resistance.
  • Overall - Exemplary.

2020 EVO UHP Summer Tyre Test - 7th of 7 tyres

• Overall - The Ultra Vorti is a decent tyre that showed well in the aquaplaning tests and set a good lap time on the dry circuit too. It was at or near the bottom of the table in many tests, though, and subjectively was noisy and lacked the connection of the best. It’s worth noting that an updated version is due in the new year.
Size Fuel Wet Noise Weight
305/35 R22 110Y XL   C B 71 17.51kgs
355/25 R24 110Y XL   C B 73 20.12kgs
295/30 R24 104Y XL   E B 73 17.59kgs

Questions and Answers for the Vredestein Ultrac Vorti

2018-03-22 - Dear all, can you please advise which tyres are more comfortable, less noisy between Vredestein Ultrac Vorti and Falken Azenis FK510 (or any other, preferring comfort and longevity) for my Ford Mondeo estate 2.0 TDCi 163 with tyres 235/40 r19 96?

The Vorti are known to have a low level of comfort. I would suggest looking at the FK510 or Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 if comfort is your priority.

2019-09-04 - Hi! I'm looking for a tyre which is not too expensive (not a low budget),but good on the track and road legal. I have an Alfa Romeo 156 2,5V6 190PS 1325kg (Built in 2001). I will to use it just on the track and on the way betwenn the Track and my home. For Daily drive i use another car. Can you give me an advice which would be the best choice for me? The original Tyre size is 215/45 R17, 225/45 R17 and 235/40 R17. The rim is a 8X17". Thank you! Best regards, Mark

The Vorti is great on track, but if you're just using it on track days, maybe something like a Nankang NS2R or AR1 would be more in budget and more fun on track?

Ultrac Vorti Prices

Top 3 Vredestein Ultrac Vorti Reviews

Alfa Romeo (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
I had these tyres on my Alfa Romeo GT 1.9 JTDm remapped to 185hp.
I think the best tyre on my 18 inches rims.
Excellent comfort, grip on wet and dry roads.
Much better than my old Pirelli PZero Rosso and Bridgestone Potenza!
Absolutely to buy it again
216 - tyre reviewed on February 23, 2016
Jaguar XFR (285/30 R20 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
I have The Jaguar XFR 5 Litre supercharged 508BHP. When I bought the car it had TOYO PROXES T1 SPORT tyres on the rear. I replaced these about six weeks ago with these Vrendestein Ultra Vorti tyres. I very much wish I had NOT.
I felt I did spend a lot of time reading various reviews before buying, But possibly have either failed to find the adverse comments on wet surface performance in some reviews or failed to take appropriate heed of them.
In the six months of running the TOYO'S they seldom lost adhesion and then only once when they were coming to the end of their lives and 3mm tread left.
I have now for the fourth time under some but far from maximum acceleration lost adhesion at the back. All these occasions having been on variously wet or drying road surfaces. I have lost all confidence in the tyres, but cannot afford not to run them out to full wear.
I am getting 2 miles per gallon less miles and the ride on poor to average road surfaces that prevail where I live has now become less absorbent and comfortable. Most surface imperfections are transferred to the cabin.
In writing in the way I have, I have taken full account of the now British seasonal weather November/December. My driving style remains the same 64 old male who drove with much better tyre performance from The TOYO'S and consequential confidence
Very Disapointed.

37 - tyre reviewed on December 18, 2017
Given 51% while driving a Ford Mondeo TDCI (225/40 R18 W) on mostly town for 6,000 easy going miles
Why do the majority of the Mondeo ST TDCI ..( especially on the drivers.com members group) all bang on about these vredestein?...... had 1 set for all 4 corners to exchange the Ford recommended and fitted to all ST 220 / TDCI continental sport after reading the st drivers reviews and these tyres are just shocking and dangerous.
I drive slow and carefully hence why I still have my ST TDCI since it was 4 months old in March 2007 to the present day March 2019 bit not because of these tyres.

They slide everywhere......dry and wet......the wear is terrible and noisy.whether it is because these are supposed to be the new vorti as opposed to the old sessantas I don't know , but keep away from these low budget things.....especially if you have a family.
22 - tyre reviewed on March 23, 2019
Have you driven on the Vredestein Ultrac Vorti tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Vredestein Ultrac Vorti? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Vredestein Ultrac Vorti >

Latest Vredestein Ultrac Vorti Reviews

Given 90% while driving a Audi Audi a5 2008 2.7 (Remapped) (255/35 R19) on a combination of roads for 13 average miles
Absolutely Fantastic Tyres. I fitted one on the front of my car new. Already had a Dunlop SP GT fitted new 3 weeks earlier, that dunlop is now in need of replacing after just 13,000 miles. The Vorti will easily last another year. Can't recommend this brand enough.
1 - tyre reviewed on June 13, 2021
Given 99% while driving a BMW Z3 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 30,000 spirited miles
The best tyres I ever had after using alot of other brands. The design is beautiful to start.. Making about 30.000km and still alot to use. The dry and wet are awesome no issues, cornering is good. Confort they are very good but not the best at it, they more sporty! The noise I would say also OK, in noise you can find better ones. Definitely will buy them again! I recommend
0 - tyre reviewed on May 14, 2021
Want the best performance tyre? Click here!
Given 91% while driving a Audi A6 S line, LeMans 2.0 TDi 170 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 7,500 spirited miles
I don't care thaat much about wear rate but these tyres are signficantly better then all my previous tyres: PZero, Kumho PS91 and Michelin PS4. What i appreciate the most is the road confort and the feedback you get. It decreases the noise and feel impact with bumps and holes. Maybe it's not as precise as the PS4 but they have a better price and on country roads they feel better. Highway driving is a pleasure, you feel the good connection with the roads no matter the if it's raining or it's 40 degrees Celsius. On my 1.7 tons car the recomended(by Audi) front pressure is 2.7Bar and on the back is 2.3Bar. I keep them at 2.8 and 2.4 Bar and it's great. I Know this model has been for a long time in the market so i bought them last spring. So far i have driven 12000km and i still have 6.2mm left. In May 2021 there is no stock in Romania and i am glad i got them last year. Vredestein Ultrac Vorti is the best tyre i had so far. Safe trips and no events while driving!
1 - tyre reviewed on May 6, 2021
Given 87% while driving a Maserati Granturismo (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
Excellent tyres.
2 - tyre reviewed on April 10, 2021
Given 93% while driving a Renault Kadjar, Dynamic S Nav 4WD (225/45 R19) on a combination of roads for 1,000 miles
Very good... A little uncomfortable, maybe because of my 19 inch wheels, but no big deal really, i would buy them again...
1 - tyre reviewed on March 30, 2021
Volkswagen (235/35 R20 W) on a combination of roads for 17,000 average miles
Done around 17k miles and still got 5mm thread left all around. Will definitely recommend these to everyone
1 - tyre reviewed on February 5, 2021
Given 79% while driving a Saab Automobile 9 5 Aero Saloon (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 12,500 spirited miles
I bought these tyres based on the good reviews here. After 20k kms or 12.5k miles I have to say these are great handling tyres with decent comfort. At least as good as I expected from the tyrereview.com statistics. Based on the same statistics the wear was below my expectations. The rears are at 1.7mm after 20.000KM. The fronts were mounted later, they are around 2mm after 15.000KM. You would say smoking hard accelerations and aggressive cornering would be harder on the front tyres but that you won't see in the wear.
1 - tyre reviewed on February 1, 2021
Given 96% while driving a Volkswagen Passat Variant 1.8T (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
I have 20,000 km Ultrac Vorti 225 45 ZR 17 XL 94 Y tires and I am very happy with them, the car is on the road like a train on a rail. The tight curves, the winding roads, are a delight. ABS rarely enters the limit, ESP rarely enters, in corners it rarely creaks at the limit. The combination of a relatively heavy car ~ 1600 kg, sports springs Eibach Pro kit, these XL tires is a success and I recommend it. After 20,000 km, the tires are like new, although I didn't turn them, I think they have a wear of 1-1.5 mm. I didn't measure their wear but they are like a new tire. To make a summary, on my part it gains the maximum grade at the acquisition price, handling, stability, traction, braking, wear. It loses an important point in noise, starting with 60 km / h it starts to be heard, at 100-130 km / h it is already at the bearable limit (for my ear), if I exceed this limit it starts to bother me the sound produced when driving. Due to the noise, I can't give them the maximum grade, but at the same time I recommend them to anyone. We were able to compare using the same car these Vredestein Ultrac Vorti tires versus Continental Premium Contact 5 used ~ 20,000 km, Sport Contact 5 used ~ 20,000 km and GoodYear EfficientGrip Performance used ~ 18,000 km.
2 - tyre reviewed on August 15, 2020
Given 87% while driving a Maserati Granturismo (295/35 R20 W) on a combination of roads for 1,500 spirited miles
Excellent tyre, replaced Pzero's that had around 5mm tread left. Much less noise, much better grip.
2 - tyre reviewed on July 11, 2020
Given 78% while driving a Jaguar xf premium luxury (255/35 R20 W) on a combination of roads for 500 easy going miles
I bought these tyres after reading really good reviews. Sadly, on my XF 3.0D I've found balancing issues. This despite coming away from cheaper tyres with no issues. Lot of time has been spent swapping wheels and rotating tyres all without success. Perhaps I've just been unlucky with a faulty batch. They were purchased via Oponeo.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 10, 2020
Given 96% while driving a Audi S4 (255/35 R19) on a combination of roads for 800 spirited miles
Absolutely brilliant tyre. I swapped a set of dunlop sp sport Maxx gt for the ultrac vorti and quite honestly, the vredestein make the dunlop feel like a budget tyre. Far more front end grip and much better road feedback. Inspires a lot more confidence while driving. Will definitely be buying again
3 - tyre reviewed on May 16, 2020
Given 87% while driving a Audi A6 Avant Quattro 2.0TDI (255/40 R20 W) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
Bought these to replace my Michelin PS 4S on my Audi A6 Avant as i had the legendary Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta's on a older A4 a few years ago so I know that Vredestain are capable of producing great summer tyres. I'm happy to report the Vorti's are just as good if not better that the Michelin PS 4S. I would say comfort is even better on the Vorti's and less noise to boot as well. Dry & wet grip is just as good as the 4S, ie phenomenal. Done about 20000 miles on them so far and tread is still showing as 5mm on all 4 tyres, so wear rate seems to be good. The icing on the cake was the significantly lower cost of the Vorti's - I paid £140 per tyre, the 4S's were around £200 per tyre!! In short - superb tyres. You won't be disappointed.
4 - tyre reviewed on May 2, 2020