Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta

The Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre has been replaced by the Vredestein Ultrac Vorti.

Tyre review data from 235 tyre reviews averaging 86% over 2,266,907 miles driven.

The Ultrac Sessanta is ranked 12th of 63 Summer Max Performance tyres.

2010 Sport Auto Ultra High Performance Tyre Test - 9th of 11 tyres

2010 AMS Premium Brand Tyre Test - 9th of 10 tyres

2010 Auto Zeitung Ultra High Performance Summer Tyre Test - 9th of 9 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Ultrac Sessanta Prices

Top 3 Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta Reviews

Given 54% while driving a Saab Automobile 9 3 305bhp 460nm FWD (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 6,000 average miles
I don't know if they've changed the formula recently but I don't get the previous reviews/hype about these tyres. Simply put they are worse than some mid-budget korean tyres i've used. The first 500 miles or so until they wore in were horrendous, squealing from normal traffic light pulls, lacking grip etc. Once they wore in they weren't so bad but never impressed me, dry grip was OK wet grip was bad, wear is very bad (5k miles on front and down to 4/5mm) and the rim protector is pathetic. Sure 300bhp from FWD is asking for a lot from the tyres but even when driven moderately I never liked them(TC kicking in constantly even when dry and floored in second gear, from standing start with TC off it makes a cloud show without using full throttle) , only in the corners/bends they did give good feedback and good grip straight line grip however left a lot to ask from. And once again, the wear is bad on these. Much happier with the Uniroyal Rainsport 3's.
46 - tyre reviewed on March 28, 2016
Mitsubishi EVO 8 (225/45 R17) on for 0 miles
3 words "DONT EVEN BOTHER" enough said !
30 - tyre reviewed on March 3, 2018
Given 79% while driving a BMW 330 Ci Sport (255/35 R18) on mostly motorways for 14,000 spirited miles
Got 14000 spirited miles on rear Bmw 330ci
Both wet and dry grip better than original Michelin pilot sports that car came with. Comfort about the same. Am looking to replace with newer design of tyre
11 - tyre reviewed on June 30, 2017
Have you driven on the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta >

Latest Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta Reviews

Ford mondeo 2.2 (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
I love these tyres on my mk3 mondeo st tdci only got them on fronts at the moment. But trust them fully I do not understand the people that slag off these tyres at all. Either your pressures are wrong or sorry ! You cannot drive.
I fail to understand why these tyres have been stopped in manufacture
5 - tyre reviewed on May 13, 2019
Given 100% while driving a Ford mondeo 2.2 (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 3,000 spirited miles
These fitted to front of mk3 mondeo st tdci. Wow what a tyre had before conti. Vredestein forever on the fronts feedback. Grip. Wet n dry superb lasting as well. But they have stopped the sessanta why???? But you can still buy. Online.
2 - tyre reviewed on April 25, 2019
Given 80% while driving a Ford 05 Mondeo 185 (modded) diesel (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Fitted in my 08 Mondeo 2.5T Estete. Did a very thourough research before buying.Read all the reviews. Including american guy who fitted them to his 350Z(very good reviev BTW).Wanted to have tires that will manage FWD and slightly modded volvo engine (247KM power,387Nm torque). Very quiet tire, noticably quiter than P Zero Nero I had before .Excellent grip while accelerating. Me and TCS dont have to fight with the car with the good start 0-100kph. Very good in the wet as well, despite the pattern.Never felt aquaplaning. Tire looks very good on the car because of that pattern.Ride is comfortable,compound is soft and has soft walls (this tire has no XL markings). With that comes disadvantage which I knew before buing.Turn in is bit wobbly while aggresive driving but normal drivers who never used high performance tires wont notice that.When hot (~30C) rubber becomes sticky an feels like there is little air in tires. Despite the softness handling is good at high speeds (~125mph)
Overall - good tire, met my expectations, would buy again
1 - tyre reviewed on October 27, 2018
Given 89% while driving a Mercedes Benz CLK55 (245/40 R17) on mostly country roads for 18,000 spirited miles
Covered 18000miles on the rear of a 380bhp CLK55, I drive it quite spirited most of the time , in the dry it was very hard to push to the limit unless really going for it , even then it was controllable , you could feel the grip and what the tyres were wanting to do. I made the mistake years ago of fitting budgets to a rear of a 300bhp 200sx, that ended in a ditch, I'm certain if I had these tyres that wouldn't be the case . In the wet, again, no problems, grips really well. Can't comment on road noise as the car is relatively loud , but it was noticeably smoother when they were fitted . All in all a great performing tyre. I would buy again.
1 - tyre reviewed on February 23, 2018
Given 100% while driving a BMW 318D (225/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 20,000 spirited miles
These have been by far my best tyres on my bimmer E90 2009. Drives and handles like a charm, even in snow, wet or dry conditions. Not once has it lost grip with the road and most definitely not for lack of trying ;)
3 - tyre reviewed on January 8, 2018
Given 76% while driving a Audi 2.7T Quatto (235/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
I had 235/40/18’s on my Audi S4 b5 2.7 bi-turbo, and I thought they where very good in the dry but then when I had it out in the wet (very wet) they where fantastic the best I’ve had I would say, the wear is good aswel only negative is the noise level but if you’re car is like mine with 448 bhp, the noise level is bearable , would buy again
2 - tyre reviewed on December 27, 2017
Given 57% while driving a BMW 318D (225/40 R18) on mostly motorways for 20,000 average miles
Good grip. Nice looking pattern.... but very noisy!
Would not buy them again for this reason .
3 - tyre reviewed on May 4, 2017
Given 71% while driving a BMW 320 d (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 18,000 average miles
Advantages : very good dry and wet grip, very good aquaplaning performances. good wear.
Disadvantages : despite only 67dB claimed for noise, they are very noisy. The wear is uniform, the thread looks good, but they are noisy, it sounds like a broken wheel bearing. Vredestein UltracCento are much more quiet, doesn't compare. I would't buy them again just for that reason.
3 - tyre reviewed on April 16, 2017
Given 73% while driving a Volvo S60 D5 AWD P* (235/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 14,000 spirited miles
Decent tires, less than I had expected tho. Going to try the Ultrac Vortis now.
At the end of the day, they look amazing but don't deliver.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 15, 2017
Given 61% while driving a Skoda Superb MKII CR170 Manual (225/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 6,000 average miles
These Vredestein had covered just over 6000 miles in 2.5 years. I heard a knocking sound developing from the OSF which I could also feel through the the steering wheel. On inspecting the tyres, both fronts had developed a crack on the outer wall, and when the OSF wheel was removed, I discovered a huge bulge and 6 cracks on the inner sidewall. The bulge was clearly expanding and hitting the road surface as the rotational speed increased - there were actually signs of wear on the sidewall where this had been hitting the road!
The NS had one small crack on the outer wall but when the wheel was removed from the car, the inner wall it had 2 cracks, one of which was huge and another massive bulge. Neither tyres had run flat damage on the tyre inner which is not surprising as the pressures have always been spot on. There were probably 15000 miles left in terms of life, but had to get them changed immediately. I have never seen anything like this and have raised a warranty claim with Vredestein but I hold out little hope of them being supportive. Naturally, I'll never purchase Vredestein tyres again.
4 - tyre reviewed on June 24, 2016
Given 51% while driving a Vauxhall (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 30,000 average miles
Dry grip was ok, but not outstanding, and wet grip was mediocre at best. To put simply, I didn't feel at all safe with the tyres fitted to the vehicle. The tyres are very noisy due in part to the aggressive tread pattern and the rather hard compound used in the manufacturing process. I have opted instead for Uniroyal Rain Sport 3 tyres as replacements. My overall assessment is that these tyres are better suited to countries where the overall temperature doesn't drop much below 15 Deg Celcius. I do not recommend these tyres for use in cooler countries.
3 - tyre reviewed on June 22, 2016
Given 93% while driving a Volkswagen Passat CC (235/40 R18 W) on mostly country roads for 28,000 average miles
The Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas were already fitted to the car when I purchased it in September 2014 so unable to say how many miles they had done up to then. I changed the front two in July of 2015 before driving to Europe and just changed the two on the rear this month (February 2016) which had done at least 28000 miles which is what I have driven since buying the car so they have done more than that and they were still within the legal limit. I have been buying these tyres from Camskill on line, who have them at a great price, and I will continue to do so until stock runs out as I believe they are a discontinued model. I cannot fault these tyres (although to me they seem a bit noisy), I've driven them in all seasons in all weather without any problems. When in Germany last year I drove the car in excess of 100 mph for several hours and the car handled well so for me these tyres are very good.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 24, 2016