Achilles ATR Sport 2 Reviews - Page 2

Given 93% while driving a Porsche cayenne s (295/35 R21 W) on a combination of roads for 30,000 spirited miles
Got these on a Cayenne S, they replaced Michelin Latitude Sport tyres that wore down after 20,000km. These have lasted 40,000km so far with about 50% tread remaining. They're definitely quieter and softer to ride on. I would say more on the comfort side. Steering is not as sharp as the Michelin's, wet grip is definitely a big improvement. Have driven these tyres to 250kph and am very confident they are well made.
30 - tyre reviewed on March 24, 2018
Given 40% while driving a BMW 320 d (245/35 R19) on for 5,000 miles
Do not buy these tires unless u habe a deathwish.
In dry performance is good but in weth terrific! I
810 - tyre reviewed on August 8, 2017
Given 100% while driving a BMW 540I (245/45 R18 W) on mostly country roads for 2,500 average miles
We drive daily 100km on these tyres at or about 100km/hr.
The car sits on the road briliantly, wet or dry, overtaking or cornering. The cabin noise is low and the steering wheel feel is good at all times.
We have yet to try frost or ice but we have to wait for winter for that :)
50 - tyre reviewed on February 15, 2017
Given 12% while driving a BMW 325i M Sport (265/30 R19) on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
Switched from Nexen N3000. About 100USD less than Nexen N8000 per piece, i've decided to give it a try for my rear for my BMW 325i E90 MSport.
Immediately i regretted so much. I can feel that my rear is not really going straight line when im doing 100kmh and above.
When i try to overtake cars, the rear slide a lil bit. Went to 3 tyre shops to check my alignment and all i got was "These tyre wont grip".

I would switch back to Nexen once the thread is done,

I would not suggest anyone to take it.
20 - tyre reviewed on February 12, 2017
Given 84% while driving a Mazda 6 (225/45 R19) on mostly motorways for 1,000 average miles
Hesitated when first recommended by dealer as only used to branded tyre during my more than 30 years driving experience. As the price is only fraction of the branded one, I succumb to the beauty of the tread and the cost saving it offered. So I guess I can tolerate the slightly lower performance compared to my usual prefered brand. But my oh my..I was wrong. it performed beyond my expectation .I truly enjoy the trip home...smooth and quiet.

I just did my longest drive of more than 600km covering country road, highway and going up the mountain and back. Not once did I doubt about the performance and safety of my family. It performed well throughout the journey..

Highly recommended...and definitely will buy again
31 - tyre reviewed on January 2, 2017
Given 83% while driving a Audi A5 2.0TFSI Quattro (275/30 R20 W) on mostly town for 2,000 average miles
Great value for money tyres. Was hesitant initially when comparing against premium brands for safety but proved to be my best choice. Was on Pirelli P-zeros and the Achilles are way more silent and comfortable all round after almost 3000km. And only one third the price of the Pirellis, which by the way had rubber pieces break off inside side wall of one tyre around 30000km, and dangerously exposed wire mesh
28 - tyre reviewed on September 26, 2016
Given 71% while driving a BMW 320i (235/40 R18) on mostly town for 10,000 average miles
Value for money. Best for daily driven car.
I will rather save my money than to use an expensive tires for daily usage car.
5 - tyre reviewed on June 7, 2016
Given 57% while driving a Citro├źn XM 2.0 TCT Prestige Auto (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 1,300 average miles
Probably one of the best China tires on market today. Good performance overall in dry condition, but id does not deliver in cold and wet conditions. When driving in temperatures lower than 10C, have in mind that these tires will under-steer and have long brake length in dry and wet conditions. The tires are also making a lot noise.
5 - tyre reviewed on May 2, 2016
Given 71% while driving a Infiniti G35 Coupe (275/30 R20 W) on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
These tires are GREAT. For under $100 for 245/35/20 front 275/30/20 rear. You cannot beat the performance for the price. Note! These tires have to warm up a bit to get full grip, but when they do, amazing.
I have experience snap oversteer at the extreme limit a couple times but usually very progressive.
Wet - With RWD can be slippery on tight corner exiting.

I'd recommend for anyone looking for good performance on a bought.
63 - tyre reviewed on April 28, 2016
Given 69% while driving a Toyota Mark X (225/45 R18) on mostly town for 0 average miles
Good on dry but slight poor on wet. were we can see with the arrow rotation, it's doesn't help. drive about 80kmh, hit the water it pull to side which ever side of the water is. but with that dry grip and price. i will buy again. To me, is cheap n nice.
3 - tyre reviewed on December 15, 2015
Given 57% while driving a Peugeot 206 (195/55 R15) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
Perfect Grip when new.. Wet or Dry.. It's grip is superb..

6 Months down the road.. The Dry grip is around 30% lower.. Wet grip is horrendous.. I wouldn't even call it wet grip..

Tyres have soft sidewall, flex can be felt...
6 - tyre reviewed on December 3, 2015
Given 81% while driving a Ford Focus 2.0 S TDCi (225/45 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 5,000 average miles
Dry grip is excellent while wet is ok. Threadwear is high and I expect it to last a while. Best thing is the value for money. Cost half the price compared to Conti/Michelin
4 - tyre reviewed on September 20, 2015