Achilles A/TR Sport 2

The Achilles ATR Sport 2 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 33 tyre reviews averaging 65% over 185,812 miles driven.

The A/TR Sport 2 is ranked 99th of 129 Summer Ultra High Performance tyres.

2021 53 Summer Tyre Braking Test - 51st of 53 tyres

2020 Auto Zeitung Summer Tyre Test - 20th of 20 tyres

• Positive - None mentioned.
  • Negative - Long braking distances and poor lateral stability in the wet (safety issue), long dry braking, unstable rear during dry handling.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Achilles ATR Sport 2

Questions and Answers for the Achilles ATR Sport 2

2016-10-06 - Can I use these in New York in the winter?

The ATR Sport 2 is a summer tyre so will offer very little snow and ice grip during the winter months.

ATR Sport 2 Prices

Top 3 Achilles ATR Sport 2 Reviews

Given 40% while driving a BMW 320 d (245/35 R19) on for 5,000 miles
Do not buy these tires unless u habe a deathwish.
In dry performance is good but in weth terrific! I
776 - tyre reviewed on August 8, 2017
Given 71% while driving a Infiniti G35 Coupe (275/30 R20 W) on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
These tires are GREAT. For under $100 for 245/35/20 front 275/30/20 rear. You cannot beat the performance for the price. Note! These tires have to warm up a bit to get full grip, but when they do, amazing.
I have experience snap oversteer at the extreme limit a couple times but usually very progressive.
Wet - With RWD can be slippery on tight corner exiting.

I'd recommend for anyone looking for good performance on a bought.
58 - tyre reviewed on April 28, 2016
Given 100% while driving a BMW 540I (245/45 R18 W) on mostly country roads for 2,500 average miles
We drive daily 100km on these tyres at or about 100km/hr.
The car sits on the road briliantly, wet or dry, overtaking or cornering. The cabin noise is low and the steering wheel feel is good at all times.
We have yet to try frost or ice but we have to wait for winter for that :)
47 - tyre reviewed on February 15, 2017
Have you driven on the Achilles ATR Sport 2 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Achilles ATR Sport 2? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Achilles ATR Sport 2 >

Latest Achilles ATR Sport 2 Reviews

Given 37% while driving a Mercedes Benz C250 CGI Estate (225/45 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 12,000 average miles
Please dont buy! You will get killed whit those tyres. In wet are 0!!!! Michelin Sport 4 on the way.
3 - tyre reviewed on December 15, 2020
Given 21% while driving a BMW 330i (255/35 R18) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Wet grip was very terrible. Driving during raining and/or wet surfaces are not recommended by using this tyre. Extremely dangerous and no confident in taking corners even with a speed of 50 km/hr. Side wall soft. Very regret puchasing this tyres. Will not buy again!
6 - tyre reviewed on July 17, 2020
Given 81% while driving a Mazda 6 MPS 2.3L V6 Turbo AWD (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Have been using these on my cars for years; not the best in terms of high performance but a bargain when looking for a performance tyre for your daily driver. Have run them on VZ Commodores with no problems, now on an modded and tuned Mazda6 MPS. Awesome off the line grip and corner capability. 10/10 would recommend.
6 - tyre reviewed on May 16, 2020
Given 51% while driving a Holden Ls3 vf2 (275/30 R20) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
I have had these tyres for 15000km, 275 rear, 245 front, tyre wear is great. Traction in dry is good, but they are absolutely horrendous in the wet, so bad im replacing them as they are dangerous. Will never put these on a car again.
6 - tyre reviewed on January 10, 2020
Given 66% while driving a Mercedes Benz SLK (245/35 R18) on mostly motorways for 8,000 spirited miles
Very good for a dry road no problem even 200+km/h, but really bad for the wet road. For my SLK 250, even a normal pushed on the gas pedal made the wheels spin and always slips on the water, the most dangerous tires I've ever tried on.
17 - tyre reviewed on October 6, 2019
Given 76% while driving a Mazda 3 MPS (235/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 12 spirited miles
Had a pair of these ATR Sport 2 on my car for a year, for the fronts.
First half with daily driving duties, while the second half it was used mainly on the weekend drives up winding roads / highway runs
With 450nm torque on the front tyres these tyres really put up a better-than-expected performance, similar to brands twice it’s price. Despite being 400treadwear rated, it grips very well in the dry, and in the wet it had decent performance (only towards the end of its useful life did it struggle for traction in the wet).
Feedback is superb as well, lots of warnings when it’s about to reach the limit of grip, fun on winding roads.
Not as noisy as the Kumho V720, grips like the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymm 2, and durability that exceeds both those brands, for its price i would definitely give it another go. Very pleased indeed
29 - tyre reviewed on January 29, 2019
Given 41% while driving a Nissan Qashqai (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 300 average miles
Put on by dealer as a replacement for low tread on the car we were buying - DO NOT BUY if you want a car you can drive in the wet! Dangerous tyres.
12 - tyre reviewed on December 18, 2018
Given 27% while driving a BMW 330 d sport auto (255/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
When I bought my f30 330d these things were brand new on the rears. All I can say is that they are frightening in the wet and have no place on any performance car. Sideways on roundabouts at low speed was a common thing. Glad to get them changed.
10 - tyre reviewed on November 3, 2018
Given 36% while driving a BMW 328i (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
I am driving BMW 3 series with over 200 horsepower.

I decided to give a try on Achilles ATR Sport 2 because I am trying on default alignment settings (the previous settings destroyed my premium tyre in 8000 KM) and hence i went for the budget Achilles.

Let's be honest. I fitted these on my rear. The dry grip is normal, and on one occasion, I tried speeding over 150km/h in a curve corner and the tyre bounce up and skid. I nearly loss control because of this. This would never happened had i fitted with my previous Continental Sport Contact 5p.

On another occasion, i was driving about 50km/h in a corner with 50km/h speed limit. It was a lil bit wet. I decided to rev up and the rear skid like fitted with a rolling shoe.

Moreover, I am using 265/30/19. All tyre shops told me that this tyre is having a soft side wall which will not withstand pothole which in result ruin my rim quicker.

I have no idea why some people says that Achilles ATR Sport 2 grip like Michelin and Continental. IT IS NOT. Not even close. maybe they are driving some 1998 hyundai accent or corolla.

You get what you pay for. I've been telling everyone that I know of, do not consider this brand at all if you love your life.

However, if you are driving a dull Toyota Corolla with 100hp, you can always go for this.

I am going for either Continental ExtremeContact Sport or PS4S next.

Do not believe anyone that says this tyre grip like glue. It isn't. Otherwise you would regret later.
9 - tyre reviewed on July 30, 2018
Given 57% while driving a (225/45 R17 V) on for 0 miles
Let's start off by saying you REALLY get what you pay for. I had a blowout on BRAND new ATR Sports 2 at under 160km but luckily there were no cars around me. In the rain, these tires are absolutely terrible and my ABS was kicking in all the time. The only redeeming quality of these tires is that they have OK dry grip. However, due to the mentioned cons, I would not recommend these tires to anyone. These tires are dangerous and should not be sold. You will buy twice if you buy these tires. Just spend a little bit more and get something that is good quality.
5 - tyre reviewed on May 18, 2018
Given 93% while driving a Porsche cayenne s (295/35 R21 W) on a combination of roads for 30,000 spirited miles
Got these on a Cayenne S, they replaced Michelin Latitude Sport tyres that wore down after 20,000km. These have lasted 40,000km so far with about 50% tread remaining. They're definitely quieter and softer to ride on. I would say more on the comfort side. Steering is not as sharp as the Michelin's, wet grip is definitely a big improvement. Have driven these tyres to 250kph and am very confident they are well made.
30 - tyre reviewed on March 24, 2018
Given 12% while driving a BMW 325i M Sport (265/30 R19) on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
Switched from Nexen N3000. About 100USD less than Nexen N8000 per piece, i've decided to give it a try for my rear for my BMW 325i E90 MSport.
Immediately i regretted so much. I can feel that my rear is not really going straight line when im doing 100kmh and above.
When i try to overtake cars, the rear slide a lil bit. Went to 3 tyre shops to check my alignment and all i got was "These tyre wont grip".

I would switch back to Nexen once the thread is done,

I would not suggest anyone to take it.
20 - tyre reviewed on February 12, 2017