Avon ZZ5 Reviews - Page 2

Given 79% while driving a Ford mondeo 2.2 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 10,000 spirited miles
good on a mondeo st grip well wead quickly though
0 - tyre reviewed on September 13, 2019
Given 61% while driving a BMW 520D M Sport Touring (245/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 19,000 average miles
A good all rounder grip wise, but really noisy at speed and under braking. Noise aside they a quality lost-lasting tyre. Trying a set of Cooper CS-Sport next.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 20, 2019
Audi (255/40 R19) on mostly country roads for 18,000 easy going miles
Tyres were on car when purchased. They had not much mileage on them, as car was second hand. (3rd hand). Had them on a previous car so was happy with them being on it. Good performance all round, wet and dry. They wore in centre due to over inflation, no fault of the tyre. Now have become very noisey due to uneven thread depth. Like a failed wheel bearing. Due to be changed shortly. Will definitely consider them again.
2 - tyre reviewed on July 25, 2019
Want the best performance tyre? Click here!
Given 83% while driving a Ford Fiesta ST180 (205/40 R17 R) on mostly town for 500 spirited miles
I Have a Fiesta ST180 and have done 500 miles at moment these are a lot better than the Potenza fitted £69 each at National Tyres.
2 - tyre reviewed on July 4, 2019
Given 97% while driving a Audi 3.2 v6 Quattro (225/45 R18) on for 4,000 spirited miles
Drive an audi a6 3.2 v6 ,bought the tyres from black circle but see cheaper online. Recently had them on a honda civic r type which I sold this being the reason I put them on my audi .Definitely recommend
8 - tyre reviewed on June 18, 2019
Given 99% while driving a Volvo S90 (255/35 R20 W) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
Each time I buy a car invariably it is fitted with Pirelli / Bridgestone tyres and I've learnt to change to Avon's when it's time to change tyres. Latest car came with Pirelli P Zero, a good tyre especially in the dry, but with 20 inch wheels they were too hard and a noisy. Tendency to find every little road imperfection and I guessed the car would feel better on Avons and it does, a little reduced noise and a significant improved ride quality. I don't know if it's because they are made in UK but Avon's suit British climate and roads, they seem to be more flexible in cold wet weather than many brands which gives you very good assurance and grip. They hold on well in wet or dry, never had a problem with wheelspin at junctions on wet roads where you need to pull out quickly. Overall I cannot fault the tyres and of course they are significantly less expensive than other brands. Wear not fully tested yet on these ZZ5s hence lower score, but I know from previous Avon's wear isn't normally an issue.
1 - tyre reviewed on June 10, 2019
Given 44% while driving a Vauxhall Insignia CDTI SRI 160 (245/40 R19) on a combination of roads for 30,000 average miles
Typical Avon tyres, cracked and split before the tread is even near the 3.0mm limit to generate an MOT advisory. Tyres seemed to create a lot of road noise through the car, number of people commented on the constant droning noise from the rear wheels which is where the tyres were fit. Have had similar cracking and splitting with Avons before, certainly wouldn't ever buy them again.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 4, 2019
Given 87% while driving a Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 TDI (245/45 R18 V) on mostly country roads for 7,000 average miles
Pleased with these tyres. Used on a heavy Audi A6 Quattro the fronts are obviously wearing quicker but at this rate I am estimating 15k on fronts to wear indicator and 21k rears. Not used in snow yet but best performance in wet. Slight drift when new in dry but as bedding in they're the best dry grip tyres I've used when compared to Michelin, Pirelli and Continental. I would buy again but perhaps go for the all season tyres from Avon due to living innorth of Scotland.
6 - tyre reviewed on December 17, 2018
Given 87% while driving a Honda Civic Type R (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 3,000 spirited miles
Had a few brands of tyre for my Civics over the years . The Avons were certainly up their with the best iv had . Dry grip is excellent , wet grip is very good - only beaten by continentals IMO . They have worn pretty well , continentals would have been done by now . A great all round tyre and a good but cheaper than other premium brands , will be buying another set when the time comes
4 - tyre reviewed on October 30, 2018
Given 37% while driving a Volkswagen bora tdi (225/40 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 1,100 average miles
DO NOT BUY . 1100 MILES OF DRIVING AND NEED REPLACED . I drive a 2002 vw bora 1.9tdi . No wheelspin , no fast driving , no chucking it round corners . Bought 4 June/ July 2018 . Fitted onto new wheels 5th August 2018 . It's 26th Sept 2018 and I now need to go replace the two front tyres. Already down to tread wear indicators. £72 ish per tyre I paid . Would have been better off with part worn tyres . Would have lasted longer .
35 - tyre reviewed on September 26, 2018
Given 92% while driving a Vauxhall Insignia 1.4T (245/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
These replaced two cheap ditch finders and two OEM Bridgestone RE050's on my car when I bought it. Cheap front tyres we're awful and Bridgestones were rock hard, noisy and had poor grip.

Fitting four ZZ5's on the car improved noise level in the cabin (massively reduced noise), ride comfort (smoother and more forgiving), handling (more precise and responsive) and gave me a lot more confidence in both wet and dry at speed.

These are great tyres, and over 25% cheaper than most premium options that are no better (and often worse)
on grip. Where ZZ5's perhaps don't match as well is fuel efficiency (slightly higher rolling resistance), however grip and ride comfort comes first in my book (both excellent), and I haven't noticed a huge drop in fuel efficiency yet.

Too early to comment on wear, but I usually get at least 25k from fronts and 35k from rears. If I get within 5k miles of those figures I'll be quite happy.
2 - tyre reviewed on September 24, 2018
Given 71% while driving a Ford Mondeo Titanium 2.0 TCDI (225/45 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 1,700 spirited miles
One of the best tyres i've put on the car. I had a set of these on my Mondeo TDCi which I do 23k a year in. These tyres felt great when new, and served me well in Winter too. Wet grip is great,, but grip in the snow was much less than I expected and I found some drifting on these tyres.

Wear wise, I found that they didn't wear as well I as had hoped. They lasted about 9 months, so about 17k miles, before they were down to the wear indicators.For the cost at the time, I found them to be a little pricey overall. So much so, I have decided to give another brand a whirl on this set.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 24, 2018