Dunlop Sport BluResponse

Dunlop Sport BluResponse Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 94% while driving a Toyota Yaris (195/50 R16) on a combination of roads for 10 spirited miles
I read many reviews before deciding on the Dunlopís as i wanted a decent tyres to replace the Falken ZE914ís i had on before these of which i couldnít get along with as when iím on my own in the car i like to press on on country roads. There isnít much choice in this size range unless you go for the cheapo ditch finders which there appears to be lots available of and i wasnít prepared to risk that. I will be changing them within the next 1,000 miles for another set of Dunlop sport blu response. The ride is quite soft as the sidewall is soft which means feedback can be described as neutral sometimes when pressing on in the sweeping corners, dry grip as expected is very good along with wet grip and we have had some torrential rain this year. The Falken ZE914 tyres i had on before werenít a patch on these. They do cost a little more than most tyres but i do trust them and how many tyres can you say that about
2 - tyre reviewed on November 2, 2020
Given 87% while driving a Mazda 5 (205/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 12,000 spirited miles
Very nice alround performer, very quiet and notice improved fuel consumption after I had these fitted. I had all 4 done as there was an offer and I was not happy with budgets my car came with from the last owner. Great dry handling pretty progressive, wet handling is also very good. Very safe loads of confidence in the wet grip and dry, never a scary moment. Despite my best efforts no wet aqua plane type incidents either. These are one of my favourite tyres, I did struggle with my size and load index for availability in 205 50 r 17 93 but that's this spec as it's not so common. Only slight negative for me was wear after 12000 the fronts diped below 3mm to about 2.5mm so just had a new pair! Rears on 5.5mm. Don't drive on less than 3mm especially going into autumn. They are slightly soft but they do give great ride, wet and dry handling good feedback. Very safe dependable tyre and also fuel efficient so slightly lower wear than a michelin or conti is the pay off. Would defo buy again for my other car. These were on my second family car but driven some spirited miles at speeds ups to 135mph.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 5, 2020
Given 97% while driving a Skoda (205/60 R15) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
One of the best tyres for a standard family car.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 4, 2020
Given 81% while driving a Volkswagen Passat 1.9 TDI Sport Estate (B5.5) (205/55 R16 H) on mostly country roads for 35,000 easy going miles
These tyres were fitted to my dads 130hp passat b5.5 4 years ago. The car is 95% used on straight country roads and the rest is highways. Only used in summer season (april - october). He is an super economy driver but I got the chance to often drive on these tyres when going on long journeys. Quiet and comfy is what first comes to mind. But they also hold reasonably well when pushed with predictable and progressive when about to loose grip. I feel like they are also decent in the dry if you are not really pushing to the limit. No aquaplaning on motorways with reasonable speed. We cannot complain about the wear at all - due to style of driving and conditions. In fact, I would say superb wear! (mileage might be even higher, but I put a conservative number, not 100% sure since It's not on my car.) Drawback: they seem deflated all the time even with higher pressure. Soft sidewalls as with any low fuel consumption Tyre. I don't know If they still make them, but overall we were supper happy with them! They were around 63 GBP in Serbia. Happy motoring everyone! ;)
2 - tyre reviewed on August 28, 2020
Given 71% while driving a Vauxhall Agila (185/60 R15) on a combination of roads for 18,000 average miles
Tyres were good at start but all had cracks in base of tread after 4 years. 1 was replaced after a puncture and has the same issue at a year old. Buy again, never! Bought Dunlops because of the brand, should have bought something else.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 23, 2020
Given 61% while driving a Ford Mondeo Titanium X (215/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Grip is very good, both dry and wet. But my issue with them is horrible tyre deformation after 2 summer seasons. They look like new but all 4 tyres have up and down play and also side to side on some, impossible to get perfect balance from them now. Ruins the chilled and seamless ride of the car.
7 - tyre reviewed on May 27, 2020
Given 90% while driving a Ford Focus MK1 (195/60 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 8,000 spirited miles
haven't driven many cars, only other tyre brand tested was bridgestone on my old car, and i must say they are nothing alike, i mean bridgestone seemed to have better dry grip but worse wet grip and one annoying feature which was the noise they made when doing a spinout at the traffic light. with the dunlops it was a whole new world, more quiet even on rough surface roads, spinnouts were silent and the only way to know i was spining out was from the car going sideways or engine revving higher than it was supposed to. they tend to understeer a bit if you push too hard trough corners but if they had the grip of the bridgestones i'd be scared to push as hard from the fear of rolling over , my car has quite high ground clearance and soft suspensions. they are excelent on wet surface you can predict exactly when and where they will slip and when it's a surprise is usually the fact they don't slip and also the understeer is more pronounced in wet conditions but still controllable . one thing i'd wish for would be the durability, mine are 2 years old now and barely made 8000 km and the front ones seem already gone over the 60% of they'r life while the back ones look at around 75% . the thin sidewalls are a double edged sword they are good for handling on slow speeds but bad for high speeds , good for comfort bad for hitting a curb. had 2 instances when i had to change one because of hitting a curb at 30 km/h , last one actually bent the rim a bit so i guess it was to be expected.
1 - tyre reviewed on May 24, 2020
Given 67% while driving a Rover 820 Si Automatic (195/65 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 18,650 easy going miles
We had fitted these on the family's Rover 820 4 years ago. The car has never been driven hard / enthusiastically, always in a very normal (perhaps even sedate) manner. While the grip, both wet and dry, always has been very good, today we discovered - by pure chance - that the entire inner part of the front tires was worn down beyond the legal limit and actually the tire's structure underneath the tread was showing! Think of a tire tread with the inner 1/3rd part completely missing. That's exactly what we observed. This is quite unacceptable, horrified the heck out of us and immediately replaced the fronts (both had the same appalling wear issue) and will soon be replacing the rears too - they can be kept for the summer, just. Yes, they have always been comfortable, which perfectly matches the particular car's character. But with such a horrible wear rate, at just 30.000 km (18.650 miles), no thank you. We won't buy again, ever.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 22, 2020