Dunlop Sport BluResponse

Dunlop Sport BluResponse Reviews (newest first) - Page 3

Given 91% while driving a Toyota Yaris (195/50 R16) on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Driven mainly on country roads with perfect results, had budget tyres (£56 each tyre) before and weren't brilliant in the dry so you can guess what they would be like in the wet on county roads. I picked these after reading tyre reviews for months and I'm glad I did as these have been faultless for the past 2000 miles and with loads of life left in them yet
30 - tyre reviewed on March 25, 2019
Given 77% while driving a Renault Clio 1.4 (185/60 R14 H) on a combination of roads for 4,350 spirited miles
Grip is good in wet and dry, very quiet and comfortable tire. The side walls are etremely thin and sloppy, so it flexes a lot in hard corners, but it grips very well. You have to get used to this "spongie" feeling.
Almost no wear after 7000km. Unfortunatelly, I killed 2 of them on the highway, when i ran over something. Good tire, but I will give a try for Vredestein Sportrac 5 as replacement.
20 - tyre reviewed on March 22, 2019
Given 87% while driving a Ford Focus MK1 (195/60 R15) on a combination of roads for 25,000 average miles
very happy with these tyres. had a set of Goodyear efficient grip on my 1.8 focus before which are ok, but the Dunlops I replaced them with have more wet and dry grip, are less noisy and at the same mileage have a good 25% more wear to go. that is game set and match for the Dunlops. also, they are a reasonable price so will be buying again.
29 - tyre reviewed on September 28, 2018
Given 80% while driving a Toyota Avensis (215/50 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 3,000 spirited miles
Had these tyres fitted to my car now for approximately two months. I do a lot of miles (84 mile round trip to work) on a mixture of roads, most of this is national speed limit A roads and a small amount of town driving at each end. These tyres suit my car and give it a nice comfortable feel which is definitely what the car is geared towards. The tyres do have quite a soft sidewall which in a 50 profile fitted as standard to my car does mean you feel quite a lot of tyre flex as you start to lean on them, these tyres do have one of the softer sidewalls I've come across. Having had Michelin pilot sport 4 tyres fitted to my previous car. I must say that the ps4 tyre had far larger grip reserves than these, especially in the wet. They also had a much stiffer sidewall resulting in much less tyre flex giving you much better feel through the steering. I am still very pleased with the Dunlop Sport blu-response, as when buying these tyres I knew they wouldn't have the same performance as the Michelin ps4 tyres. What they do have is safe predicable handling with good levels of comfort and low noise which suits my car perfectly. So overall I am very happy and would buy again!
10 - tyre reviewed on September 18, 2018
Given 80% while driving a SEAT Ibiza Cupra 20VT (195/45 R16 V) on mostly town for 12,000 average miles
I do 95% eco driving and the other 5% is very sporty in a mountain pass.
The eco driving is great, very low rolling resistance and low noise as well. In the wet this tire is awesome.
As for the sporty side, and I mean taking the car to its max, very good but not perfect because after 10 kilometers the tire starts to overheat.
12 - tyre reviewed on August 1, 2018
Given 90% while driving a Volvo S40 D5 180BHP (205/50 R17) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
I always take my time when deciding tyres. Having just come from a rubber eating Renault sport megane. I wanted something grippy but ultimately comfortable also.

Having had the bluresponse on the car for just over 4000 miles, needless to say I'm very impressed. Obviously the car isn't designed to be thrown around into bends like my previous car, but it'll still let you and the tyres do seem to have almost more grip than I have talent.

Since having them fitted, the fronts have worn 2mm and the rears just a little over a mm (heavy front end).

I can honestly say, I've never driven a tyre so quiet and comfortable, to also be that good with grip. Wet grip is also good but I don't drive like a tit when it's raining.

When they wear down, no questions, I'll replace with the same.
22 - tyre reviewed on March 3, 2018
Given 86% while driving a Rover 75 (205/65 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 15 average miles
Certainly the quietest tyre I've ever had fitted. Wet grip not as good as a 'premium' tyre (I tag Blue Response as a mid range) but not dreadful either, dry grip is as good as any I've used. Regarding wear I'd rate them 80% as good as a Michelin. So overall, a good buy, they tick many of the desired boxes, Driving a Rover 75 which has a quiet cabin, the Dunlop Blue Response really compliments that feature.
16 - tyre reviewed on February 7, 2018