Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun Reviews - Page 2

Given 96% while driving a SEAT Ibiza TSi (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
I reviewed these when I first got them now 500+ miles later I am even more pleased. I have to say straight away that they get scored down for rolling resistance - yet I have had my own best MPG results on some recent journeys so really not an issue. Its the important safety areas that impress me - Wet & Dry handling, nice steering and goes where you point it, good braking and traction in the wet - happy with tyre wear this far. On this car I started with the Conti PC5 these were fine but a little more bumpy and just OK in the wet. VG in the dry. Then I tried the Dunlop Sp Sport Blue response which had a nicer ride and a bit better handling in the wet - about the same in the dry - traction was occasionally an issue in the wet. The Falkens exceed both of these tyres all round and are noticably cheaper
Helpful 7 - tyre reviewed on October 14, 2021
Given 69% while driving a Lexus IS300 SportCross (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 12,000 average miles
I bought these after using Primacy 3 for three years (separate review). I found these to have great grip and braking, average feedback and handling, a hard ride, quite a lot of cabin noise and high rolling resistance. They have, conversely, worn very well and were cheap but in the end I left them on the rear axle and removed them from the front one as they were simply unpleasant after a year. Will try something else next.
Helpful 7 - tyre reviewed on September 20, 2021
Given 100% while driving a Fiat Bravo (225/45 R17) on track for 10,000 spirited miles
Fantastic
Helpful 3 - tyre reviewed on September 3, 2021
Want your tyres to save you money on petrol? Click here!
Given 70% while driving a Mitsubishi Colt version R (205/40 R17) on a combination of roads for 4,400 average miles
7000 km later the tyre is not what exactly I was expecting. I Drive a Mitsubishi CZT. Is a light car with a lot of engine performance. The tyre is OK in the dry, it gets better when it comes to working temperature( and this happens fast!). The side walls are very soft. The feeling i get when i am pushing harder in a corner is that the tyre first touch the asphalt with the rim and then it turns the car! The small pot holes does not affect the car at all the tyre absorbs them! It is quiet enough on the road. During the rain these falkens are good. They give you confidence that will stop the car and turn it when and where you want considering the conditions. In terms of wear the tyre can give you really high mileage. Now to conclude all these. The previous tyre was goodyear f1 assymetric 3 . They cannot be compared to each other in any aspect. The f1 is much better over all.
Helpful 8 - tyre reviewed on August 12, 2021
Given 89% while driving a Skoda (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
Phenomenal tyre for the price! Great in the dry, even better in the wet.
Helpful 10 - tyre reviewed on August 1, 2021
Given 74% while driving a MINI Clubman (205/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 26,333 spirited miles
Grip and handling are astonishing but the tyre seems prone to damage. I have had a puncture in first year and a bulge in the second. Not sure what to make of this, since the tyres still endured and I have not had a sudden break.
Helpful 5 - tyre reviewed on July 19, 2021
Given 98% while driving a Renault Twingo RS (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 1,000 spirited miles
I thought I would regret my choice as the 4 tires were mounted on a Twingo RS 133 hp. Before that, I had the opportunity to try out the Hankook Ventus S1 Evo or Dunlop Sport Maxx RT (no longer available in my size). On the contrary, the car is generally much healthier when it is wet. And in the dry the behavior is very good. And even with the 195 / 40R17, the comfort is significantly better. (Noise and road defects). I think I would have to try them out on a track to find a defect. For the price (70 €) the price / performance ratio is unbeatable. You have to be crazy to spend 120 € to buy ContiSportContact 3 (released in 2006 !!!).
Helpful 7 - tyre reviewed on July 19, 2021
Given 93% while driving a Honda Civic 1.6i VTEC Eco (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Quietest and best grip tire. İnstallated on 3 cars. Exactly buy again.
Helpful 7 - tyre reviewed on June 9, 2021
Given 79% while driving a Hyundai i30 (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun is a very good summer tyre overall. Feels stable, gives a good -though slightly heavy-steering and never seems to spin in throttle. Good in the dry, even better in the wet under normal driving. The only downside is that it actually tends to lack grip when lock increases in turns, especially on poor tarmac. So I think on good tarmac this tyre could almost shine. Comfort and noise OK, wear is fine. Not a champ in efficiency, but that also depends on the road surface. Made me a Falken fan, for sure!
Helpful 7 - tyre reviewed on June 8, 2021
Given 62% while driving a Peugeot 306 HDI (195/55 R15) on mostly country roads for 7,500 average miles
I had these tyres on my car for about 12 000 km, using them mostly on twisty secondary roads. Although the tyres had plenty of grip whatever the conditions (I've never reached grip limit), they lacked rigidity. There is always a feeling to be running about 10psi lower than normal, even though the pressure is correct. Driving is therefore a bit imprecise and so doesn't push to be sporty. The tyres are nonetheless comfortable and suite economical, as I was running on average at 5.0 liter/100km. Finally, the wear is for me the main problem : after 12000km (7500 miles) my front tyres are completely worn, while the rear are about 50%. this looks really low, even considering the road taken
Helpful 6 - tyre reviewed on June 8, 2021
Given 74% while driving a Audi A4 (225/50 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 easy going miles
My first impression was pretty good, tyres seemed to be average on noise and fairly good on grip, comfort and wear. Tyres feel stable and safe on wet, the car doesn't aquaplane easily even on puddles. Then I noticed the average fuel consumption had gone up by around 5-10% compared to the old tyres due to high rolling resistance, which doesn't seem much but it adds up. So the price difference to the most expensive premium tyres will equalise in few years (especially when fuel prices will go up due to environmental reasons), and after that they will end up costing more than the premium tyres like Michelin or Continental. Thats why I probably wouldn't buy them again.
Helpful 8 - tyre reviewed on May 27, 2021
Given 72% while driving a Ford Fiesta (195/50 R15) on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
Around 5000km Bought after reading good reviews. Grip is at least equal to previous new Conti Eco5. Braking is good (my subjective opinion) in dry and seems good in wet. In a lot of rain only tried in a straight line and wet, so can't really evaluate this field. Handling and feedback is ok - I remember that initial turn seemed a bit slower compared to previous tyres models i had. Now seems better (maybe I'm used to it). Confort is not the worst but could be better. I wonder if a higher speed rating and an extra load rating on other sizes makes it worst. Fuel comsumption has increased around 0.1-0.2l/100km compared to the Eco5 tyres. Wear is soon to tell but looks new. Rim protection is a good bonus for the price.
Helpful 7 - tyre reviewed on May 14, 2021